Screenshot Discussion Thread

GrimReaper

also, how do you guise take so HD pictures O_o

do y'all have like 4K textures, highest ENB and then run them thru photoshop or something? xD

I just take mine straight frm the game, I'm a noob sad.png

What are you doing to take the screenshot?

F12?

PrtScrn?

Ok then. To keep things going, I'll post my character I just reworked. I orginally made her with warpaint on, but realized too late that it covered up her features. So in the rare occasions where I removed it (because they're applied to the textures and not a RM overlay), I wasn't happy with her face. I think I achieved a better balance now from looking at her profile.

tumblr_nsvxz3Bfs71uovz8jo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsvxz3Bfs71uovz8jo8_1280.jpg

Angry/disgusted face

tumblr_nsvxz3Bfs71uovz8jo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsvxz3Bfs71uovz8jo5_1280.jpg

So, what do you like/dislike about her? Hopefully this thread will pick up, because the drama in SySc is far too frequent.

she has a great look, but i would have to agree with Grim on her eyes, a little bigger, but not anime huge, and they would  look much better.

do y'all have like 4K textures, highest ENB and then run them thru photoshop or something? xD

I just take mine straight frm the game, I'm a noob :(

Graphics settings and ENB, yeah. I never photoshop anything other than cropping.

Also, i use Fraps for taking the screenshots.

Graphics settings and ENB, yeah. I never photoshop anything other than cropping.

Also, i use Fraps for taking the screenshots.

I sometimes get rid of the weird neckseams, rarely but mostly happens on the hands. Or fixing clippings on the armours/outfits.

And thats all of my post-work edits

F12?

PrtScrn?

f12 ohmy.png

There's your answer. 

F12 Steam screenshots produce low quality jpeg for space, it also can, and does, ignore ENB effects and other wrappers/injectors for graphics.

In addition, PrtScrn for ENB, while using SweetFX, can also skip over the SweetFX... FX. 

If you're using an ENB, use PrtScrn for your screenshots, and if you're using SweetFX use the keybind you've set for that. Sometimes it's the same bind as the ENB default(PrtScrn), and you end up producing two screenshots. You'll want to change one of them if that's the case.

F12?

PrtScrn?

f12 ohmy.png

There's your answer. 

F12 Steam screenshots produce low quality jpeg for space, it also can, and does, ignore ENB effects and other wrappers/injectors for graphics.

In addition, PrtScrn for ENB, while using SweetFX, can also skip over the SweetFX... FX. 

If you're using an ENB, use PrtScrn for your screenshots, and if you're using SweetFX use the keybind you've set for that. Sometimes it's the same bind as the ENB default(PrtScrn), and you end up producing two screenshots. You'll want to change one of them if that's the case.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind

also if you don't mind answering me

http://40.media.tumblr.com/3f4bc1280172ea1128888f018445d8c9/tumblr_nsvxz3Bfs71uovz8jo5_1280.jpg

screenshot like that, I'm guessing its a program (photoshop/idk?) to make it focus on a certain area, IE: on the character, and the rest (background) is blurry

am i rite or nu :o?

not very smart when it cums to computers x{

F12?

PrtScrn?

f12 ohmy.png

There's your answer. 

http://40.media.tumblr.com/3f4bc1280172ea1128888f018445d8c9/tumblr_nsvxz3Bfs71uovz8jo5_1280.jpg

screenshot like that, I'm guessing its a program (photoshop/idk?) to make it focus on a certain area, IE: on the character, and the rest (background) is blurry

That could just be depth of field from the ENB used or from a mod like Dynavision.

F12?

PrtScrn?

f12 ohmy.png

There's your answer. 

That could just be depth of field from the ENB used or from a mod like Dynavision.

This screenshot came from Dynovision

http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/12525-5-1331326201.jpg

so I assume it is

@DysphoriaGG7

It's my Depth of Field. I don't use PhotoShop for my images, unless I'm adding text to a mod banner I've done, or when I want to add...*ahem* glazing to sex shots.

Yeah I just saw, mod by gvman should make it work!

also I was creeping on the tumblr u have on ur signature rofl

http://41.media.tumblr.com/21778f48af0f79333ba4d4f16fdc6649/tumblr_nruuf7iPdb1tvpmq6o5_1280.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a1484a69383b17307dd0c0158784d721/tumblr_nruuf7iPdb1tvpmq6o2_1280.jpg

can I know what kind of "armors" u were using there? I'm guessing the skirt is from west wind misfit, and the necklace is tumblrs gift which I unfortunately didn't get around to get it by kalilie? but the rest?

@DysphoriaGG7

It's my Depth of Field. I don't use PhotoShop for my images, unless I'm adding text to a mod banner I've done, or when I want to add...*ahem* glazing to sex shots.

Yeah I just saw, mod by gvman should make it work!

also I was creeping on the tumblr u have on ur signature rofl

http://41.media.tumblr.com/21778f48af0f79333ba4d4f16fdc6649/tumblr_nruuf7iPdb1tvpmq6o5_1280.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a1484a69383b17307dd0c0158784d721/tumblr_nruuf7iPdb1tvpmq6o2_1280.jpg

can I know what kind of "armors" u were using there? I'm guessing the skirt is from west wind misfit, and the necklace is tumblrs gift which I unfortunately didn't get around to get it by kalilie? but the rest?

Those aren't my shots, it'll say 'reblogged from...' or something to the effect if it's not mine. 2nd picture she's wearing stuff from Luxurious Seduction. You would have to ask mearalikesmead what the rest is, since I'm not sure.

Hmm... 

I'm hearing some interesting chatter on this forum, and I would like to chime in with some answers and comments. Read the last part if you don't care for the technical stuff.  

First up, I saw a few people talking about Kaos Wulf's very fine Solveig and her skin tone.  That is the work of ENB subsurface scattering, which affects how much light reflects off the character.  This setting can make or break a character's skin color, depending on what you want to do.

If you want a more pale color with much more visible makeup, go with lower settings like this.  

Low Settings:

[sUBSURFACESCATTERING]
Quality=0
Radius=10.0
Amount=0.55
EpidermalAmount=2.2
SubdermalAmount=1.82
EpidermalDiffuseSaturation=0.31
SubdermalDiffuseSaturation=0.48
EpidermalMix=0.24
SubdermalMix=0.22
SubdermalTranslucency=0.25
SubdermalPhase=0.48
IgnoreWeatherSystem=true
EnableTextureAlpha=true

Maybe you want to do what Kaos Wulf did and have more light reflect off of the skin.  Then these settings could help.  

High settings:

[sUBSURFACESCATTERING]

Quality=0
Radius=7.5
Amount=0.65
EpidermalAmount=2.45
SubdermalAmount=2.9
EpidermalDiffuseSaturation=-0.3
SubdermalDiffuseSaturation=0.48
EpidermalMix=0.46
SubdermalMix=0.3
SubdermalTranslucency=0.9
SubdermalPhase=0.75
IgnoreWeatherSystem=true
EnableTextureAlpha=true

or... 

[sUBSURFACESCATTERING]
Quality=0
Radius=7.5
Amount=0.6
EpidermalAmount=1.0
SubdermalAmount=9.62
EpidermalDiffuseSaturation=0.0
SubdermalDiffuseSaturation=0.39
EpidermalMix=0.12
SubdermalMix=0.5
SubdermalTranslucency=0.3
SubdermalPhase=0.0
IgnoreWeatherSystem=true
EnableTextureAlpha=true

The low setting is my personal settings for one of my tweaked ENB's (because I prefer low subsurface scattering) and the two high settings are from Aeon and Dovah Nakiin ENB.  Either one works depending on what you want.  

The other thing is DOF.  While Dynavision does indeed do Depth Of Field, its nowhere near as powerful as the DOF you can find packaged in an ENB.  While there are many kinds of DOF, I would recommend two ENB DOF's, each for the same reasons. 

First up is Kingeric's DOF which many ENB's use.  you can find it in the ENB forums here: http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3224&sid=7da2923c3ce27975f14f7e5308e192cf

*Note: many ENB presets use one version or another of  Kingeric's DOF so you may already be using it.  

The second ENB DOF I would recommend is Soulwynd's DOF, which can be found on the Nexus here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44752/?

The reason for recommending these DOF's is that both of them have many tweak-able parameters, chief among them being that you can move the focal point of a shot from the center to whatever you want.  This means that you can take a shot of your character on the right or left, and still blur out the background.  

Here's an example.  Notice that the center is of the shot is under the stump, yet I edited the X/Y parameters in the ENB GUI so that the Deer was the focal point.  this, among many other tweak-able options is why using one of these DOF's is also recommended.  

enb_2015_07_25_17_48_40_54.jpg

These are two aspects that help immensely when taking screenshots or even just playing the game.  If your character's makeup doesn't show up very well and they look like a carrot, you may need to tone down the Subsurface Scattering.  If you hate that your shots look ugly in the background, get a nice DOF to cover it.  There's much more to be said in terms of how to take your shots, how to craft characters, and how to spice up the visuals.  Hell, I only talked about two minor things to note when taking screenshots.  There's a lot involved in doing it, especially if you want your shots to look like Kaos Wulf's,  snsd4203's or Blarrgh's (I mean, Blarrgh makes custom world-spaces. That's a crazy amount of work for a screenshot).  

My point?  There's a lot to learn when it comes to screenshots, and a thread where people can give advice is a grand idea for those brave enough to post and listen to the potential feedback.  

Well here's Nao for criticism

OWWVuf9.jpg

would have wanted to take new pictures but cant since i'm doing a backup of my whole Skyrim folder of 100gb 

The chin is too long and too broad. Eyes could be a bit lower but that might just be the hairstyle because some of them make the face look longer than it actually is. The overall face is pretty tho.

I'm not claiming to be any sort of authority, but there's nothing noob about that, it's how I take all my shots. 

A lot of really well known screenshooters will have a setup specifically for shots, ie 4k everything and a really juiced up ENB - probably not really viable for general gameplay even on a decent gaming rig. They'll spend a lot of time and effort setting up an optimum scene, and the results are often undeniably lovely.  I think of what they do as kind of like this:

photostudio.jpg

But there's nothing wrong with doing things this way:

warphotographer.jpg

The single most useful thing to learn is the console commands,  like a field photographer knowing their camera inside out. Once you have those down, taking shots as you play can lead to a lot more spontaneously interesting shots than those guys at the glossy end of the screenshooting scene will ever manage - they're mostly faking it after all. 

Okay I never used PrtSc so I have a few questions...

• Do they save all pictures you take, or if you take a new picture, does the previous one get replaced?
  • If they do all get saved, under which folder would it get saved to?
  • What is the difference in size and resolution between PrtSc and steams f12 camera? -A picture comparison would be nice-

Many thanks in advance. :blush:

My SweetFX saves them to the Skryim root folder. All of them go there. They're saved in ,bmp format at the resolution you're playing the game at. So I open them in Paint (or sometimes GIMP2) then save them as .jpg if I want to upload them here.

At one time I got a regular pic with no FX and I got an FX pic when I did it. But for some reason now I only get the FX version after a reinstall and never figured out why. But it's OK because I always deleted the undoctored ones anyway.

Okay I never used PrtSc so I have a few questions...

• Do they save all pictures you take, or if you take a new picture, does the previous one get replaced?
  • If they do all get saved, under which folder would it get saved to?
  • What is the difference in size and resolution between PrtSc and steams f12 camera? -A picture comparison would be nice-

Many thanks in advance. :blush:

1: All pictures you take are saved. Maybe you'll have 2 times the same pic, one named "screenshot xxx", one named "TESV.exe_dx......" (if you use an enb) . For me the "screenshot xxx.bmp" is  always 5.93 mo, and the "TESV.exe_dx......bmp" is always 7.91 mo in size, the second one has the full effect from the enb i use. Sometimes i move them to keep my folder clean.

2: See gvman reply

3: The best way is too see by yourself  ;)

well, i asked myself that, and then took 2 shots, one with each.

First is the prtscn one, coming at 5.93 mb. resolution on both is 1980 x 1020

ScreenShot2_zpsyvgqz8rz.png

and this is one taken thru Steam, coming in at 394 kb

2015-08-12_00015_zpsgbvlsfsy.jpg

same enb in both shots, no sweetfx tho.

Well I hope this thread lasts. Great work so far everyone.

:)

Hope we keep you. Also hope this thread doesn't become quite as dramatic.

Archived