Screenshot Discussion Thread

GrimReaper

What do you think about my ENB?

Screens in that order 9AM > 12 AM > 15 PM > 18 PM

I have skipped night-time screenies becasue I have no idea how I should tweak them. ( still working on them )

Xp3ZNDq.jpg

Your enb has a nice feel to it, but I'd say it's way too dark. The pic I've quoted is the 12AM picture and it doesn't look like that outside if the sun is at it's highest point, even if it's clouded, and by looking how the sky looks, I don't think it is cloudy. It's fine if you were going for a stylized look, though. Coupled with the dark fantasy overhaul, a bit less saturation and a bit brighter and you'd have a very, very atmospheric enb imo.

Your elf breton half-elf is a qt, the only thing I'd change is to make the eyes a bit more rounder and the chin a bit sharper and longer. Or lift the whole face except the eyes a bit higher, that would achieve the same effect without drawing her face too long.

Think i might be getting used to this Symmetry lark..

oooooooooooooooo.jpg

Also Zarozinia is my fave char atm..here's a close up.

oooooooooooo.jpg

bash away chaps and chapesses.

xx

Hey Shermie,

would you consider creating RM or ECE preset of this character?

I would love to see it in my SkyPreset Warehouse!

regards,

DaXmAn

I'd like opinions on these 2 characters. :D

Any criticism is fine. :P

Face structure is good, but the texture your using for skin looks a bit 'flat'.  Try some other skin texture mod combinations. 

Also mess with some of the Cheek and Eye Shadow colors in the race menu sliders to add a bit contrast.  The hard part is not overdoing.  At least for me.

I don't expect more then a passing glance, but what the hell, let's give this a go. This is a day of firsts for me in this game; this is my first redhead, my first paladin, my first Breton in quite a while, and the first time I gave a character freckles. I'm only posting this because I'm not happy with her face, and my eyes hurt from staring at the screen. Perhaps a fresh set of eyes may help her become as beautiful as I intend for her to be.

post-480513-0-43784700-1440580598_thumb.jpg

So yeah, tell me what you all think, communication is fun, but please, no comments on resolution, this is a budget laptop, I don't have a decent rig. :dodgy:

Okay - I went back & took a look at some other shots of these two. Second character is nice, I think! Something to think about on the first would be to consider dropping the "Lips Open" slider down a touch & easing the "Pout" slider down a little (working together, these two sliders can exacerbate the perception that the upper lip is being "pinched" and "pulled" upward rather than opened, especially at lower FOV's & low upward angles, and the movement of the vertices upwards tends to crush the upper lip into itself, further multiplying the visual effect - these sliders only need a little movement to produce a very visible result. You can also try the upper lip "Lip Height" slider to mitigate the effects a little, but it won't erase them). Have a play with them & see if you like the result - if it's no good, stick with it as you like it now if you're happy with it. :)

Face structure is good, but the texture your using for skin looks a bit 'flat'.  Try some other skin texture mod combinations. 

Also mess with some of the Cheek and Eye Shadow colors in the race menu sliders to add a bit contrast.  The hard part is not overdoing.  At least for me.

*I don't think it's the skins. Looking at other pics of these characters in more favourable lighting, they look fine. It might just be an ENB with really high brightness around snow (if that makes sense - not sure of the best way to express this, but I tried some ENBs where I noticed the same "flat" effect in snow environments). :huh:

I don't expect more then a passing glance, but what the hell, let's give this a go. This is a day of firsts for me in this game; this is my first redhead, my first paladin, my first Breton in quite a while, and the first time I gave a character freckles. I'm only posting this because I'm not happy with her face, and my eyes hurt from staring at the screen. Perhaps a fresh set of eyes may help her become as beautiful as I intend for her to be.

attachicon.gifScreenshot114377.jpg

So yeah, tell me what you all think, communication is fun, but please, no comments on resolution, this is a budget laptop, I don't have a decent rig. :dodgy:

Howdy Bacon! She's nice, but the eyes & nose do seem a little large for the head. If you like, you could try dialling-back the "Eye Size" slider, & if necessary adjust the eye width inward *slightly* if shrinking them leaves them too far apart. You could also try carefully narrowing the "Nose Sellion" and "Nose Bridge" sliders a little (*it is easy to overdo this - if you're not sure, take a look at a couple of pictures of real faces & take your time to judge your results) if you adjust the eyes. This would bring all the features into proportion. :)

*I feel your pain re: laptop! While my desktop plays *reasonably well*, my laptop definitely struggles! ;)

Thanks for taking the time, I tweaked her eyes a bit and realized I accidentally switched her nose :P A slight update in appearance

post-480513-0-90900500-1440586764_thumb.jpg And her ridding Skyrim of thugs

post-480513-0-05997200-1440586770_thumb.jpg

Completely off topic, but I saw that UNPFF body, and want it for one of my characters, but I don't want everybody to have it, can somebody recommend a simple and small race mod that I can put that body on. 

Thanks for taking the time, I tweaked her eyes a bit and realized I accidentally switched her nose :P A slight update in appearance

attachicon.gifScreenshot3658.jpg And her ridding Skyrim of thugs

attachicon.gifScreenshot25730.jpg

Completely off topic, but I saw that UNPFF body, and want it for one of my characters, but I don't want everybody to have it, can somebody recommend a simple and small race mod that I can put that body on. 

that angle makes her nose seem huge, but other then that she looks fine.

question tho: how do you manage to get the freckles on your neck? i can never seem too, tho they say neck, its all more on the collar bone for me.

@blueballbob. I'm using Springs Kiss skin. I can't really find any skin texture that is "right" for me. I've tried a lot of them.

@FastestDogInTheDistrict.  Will definitely be closing her mouth. lol. I keep forgetting to do that. I don't want to be changing her too much, but yeah, the mouth needs closing.

You can use Custom Races and replace the body with my UNPFF body, it's what I do with my main OC. You'll also need to install the XPMSE skeleton (if you use it) and any textures in their appropriate folder. Fortunately, MO makes it extremely easy to use Custom Races.

@blueballbob. I'm using Springs Kiss skin. I can't really find any skin texture that is "right" for me. I've tried a lot of them.

@FastestDogInTheDistrict.  Will definitely be closing her mouth. lol. I keep forgetting to do that. I don't want to be changing her too much, but yeah, the mouth needs closing.

"Springs Kiss" I had never heard of before, so I had to look it up. Looking at a number of peoples' screens on various sites, yes it does seem to have a tendency to appear a little flat, particularly in bright lighting. :huh:

*Lots of people seem to use "Real Girls" textures to good results. I myself use Navetsea/ThePal - worth a look if you've never tried it. Also HoneyVanity's "Barbarian", or Maevan's skins. I guess it all depends on how you want your game to look & what gives results you're happy with. ^_^

*Re: mouth - understood! Your characters are your creation, after all, & at the end of the day should represent what you want to see in your game. The reason I mentioned the other sliders is that they all seem to interact together very intensely in that particular area of the face & should be adjusted with care (easier to mar than mend). ;)

"Springs Kiss" I had never heard of before, so I had to look it up. Looking at a number of peoples' screens on various sites, yes it does seem to have a tendency to appear a little flat, particularly in bright lighting. :huh:

*Lots of people seem to use "Real Girls" textures to good results. I myself use Navetsea/ThePal - worth a look if you've never tried it. Also HoneyVanity's "Barbarian", or Maevan's skins. I guess it all depends on how you want your game to look & what gives results you're happy with. ^_^

*Re: mouth - understood! Your characters are your creation, after all, & at the end of the day should represent what you want to see in your game. The reason I mentioned the other sliders is that they all seem to interact together very intensely in that particular area of the face & should be adjusted with care (easier to mar than mend). ;)

Used to love RG skin, but it ended up too grainy looking with most ENBs I've used.

Mature skin v2 beta 4 was the last one where I liked the face texture. beta 5's body texutre is amazing, but the face from beta 4 and body from beta 5 have a bad colour mismatch. I'm not a fan of the beta 5 face texture.

Most others I've tried look too "plastic" and "barbie-like" with the ENBs I've used. Springs Kiss looks great, but in some lighting, I agree it does look kinda flat. Also, the lack of makeup on my characters doesn't help either. :P

but... overall, Springs Kiss is the one that I prefer. :D

I'm not very good at taking screenshots, I only just recently learned how to use FNIS (for some reason I never could make it work before!) and I definitely need more better graphics mods, but there are so many I don't know which ones to pick >.< What do you think?

They all have the same face but with minor changes to complexion, hair, eyes, and makeup. I really want to get good at making pretty Skyrim screenshots so I would greatly appreciate and and all constructive criticism and recommended mods! :) Last picture is edited with program, but everything else is untouched but it's pretty obvious hahaha

post-933649-0-55086000-1440609499_thumb.pngpost-933649-0-78680500-1440609326_thumb.pngpost-933649-0-26680000-1440609329_thumb.pngpost-933649-0-99773100-1440609330_thumb.pngpost-933649-0-65371400-1440609332_thumb.pngpost-933649-0-09090700-1440609335_thumb.png

*Lots of people seem to use "Real Girls" textures to good results. I myself use Navetsea/ThePal - worth a look if you've never tried it. Also HoneyVanity's "Barbarian", or Maevan's skins. I guess it all depends on how you want

your game to look & what gives results you're happy with. ^_^

Used to love RG skin, but it ended up too grainy looking with most ENBs I've used.

Mature skin v2 beta 4 was the last one where I liked the face texture. beta 5's body texutre is amazing, but the face from beta 4 and body from beta 5 have a bad colour mismatch. I'm not a fan of the beta 5 face texture.

Most others I've tried look too "plastic" and "barbie-like" with the ENBs I've used. Springs Kiss looks great, but in some lighting, I agree it does look kinda flat. Also, the lack of makeup on my characters doesn't help either. :P

but... overall, Springs Kiss is the one that I prefer. :D

Try a little makeup then. Could do wonders.

Archived