Screenshot Discussion Thread

GrimReaper

I'm not a fan of "contemporary clothing meets medieval-esque fantasy game" (to me it always seems twee, but that's purely a personal preference on my part - it's your game, your character, your choice!), but I think her face looks really nice - I think you've done great work there. In that light, the skin specular (sheen/shine) seems fine, but for some reason the tints (lips, eye-makeup) seem really, really glossy. If you're considering options to tone this down, I would first try some other tint mods ("Better Makeup for SKSE" might have some good options for whatever skin set you use). :huh:

tks man, i tried that and the result is the same:

W8X6aTE.jpg?1

rKM0P1l.jpg?1

Huh. In that case, I would suggest opening a topic in the Skyrim Tech Support section here on LLab asking for a little help. There are *A LOT* of very knowledgeable & helpful people who are active in that forum who don't stop-by the screenshot threads. I can highly recommend it! :)

*The only other thing I could suggest here is - does the effect continue if you disable your ENB? :huh:

What were you looking to get criticized?

Character? Composition? Colors?

Ultimately that's up the one giving the criticism, but mainly the latter two since i'm already set on the character :P. What you gave, for instance, i can certainly work with and keep in mind.

Well, fresh Skyrim installation. No lighting mods, only LAL, KS Hairs, and a custom beauty pack that 郁秋实 released.

What do you guys think?

nwcyMZA.png

*Heads-up, Mirror - you've got a neck-seam there. Which body & textures are you using? You'll be able to fix it pretty easily. :)

*Is that [Chinese Writing Here] pack based on Bella's textures by any chance? The shadowing on the face texture seems a little muddy (the old "5 o'clock shadow" problem which Bella's textures seemed to have in many peoples' games) & that combined with the clashing tint colours does seem to give a strange look here, something I have seen in several of the Chinese-made skin sets (an overall effect of a "muddy olive" tone rather than "olive" or "Asian"). Have you thought of trying some different skins & tints? :huh: 

Well, fresh Skyrim installation. No lighting mods, only LAL, KS Hairs, and a custom beauty pack that 郁秋实 released.

What do you guys think?

nwcyMZA.png

*Heads-up, Mirror - you've got a neck-seam there. Which body & textures are you using? You'll be able to fix it pretty easily. :)

*Is that [Chinese Writing Here] pack based on Bella's textures by any chance? The shadowing on the face texture seems a little muddy (the old "5 o'clock shadow" problem which Bella's textures seemed to have in many peoples' games) & that combined with the clashing tint colours does seem to give a strange look here, something I have seen in several of the Chinese-made skin sets (an overall effect of a "muddy olive" tone rather than "olive" or "Asian"). Have you thought of trying some different skins & tints? :huh:

Hmm, I'll mess around with it some more but this is just the base set from here : http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-4894881-1-1.html

Hey all! Long time lurker and infrequent poster here.  I really like this thread thus far and decided I'd take a shot at it.  Feel free to be brutal as necessary.

attachicon.gifScreenShot2 (2).jpg

A pretty subject. Maybe consider utilizing console field of view settings to get in nice and close for head and shoulders shots and pick up on more face detail, and that way you can often find a backdrop that's more interesting than the rather dull floor but still provides nice contrast so that  the central figure pops.

try to make blow job scene 

1h61KdM.jpg?1

OWDbmvn.jpg?1

J4XZCEu.jpg?1

OPlljSw.jpg?1

muIEhp6.jpg?1

I need some advice for it :-/

how to make it better ..penis part not appear all the time when in close up

For the first 4 pics an fov from 5-30 can probably help.

I've actually taken a shot from fov 3 before, it was a dumb move and painstakingly long to set up, but definitely worth it.

For the last one though, because of the angle in which you're trying to take the shot you probably won't be able to fix your problem because to even get the shot you'd have to be inside the actor to whom the penis belongs :(

tks man, i tried that and the result is the same:

Tintmasks have jack shit to do with how glossy you character is, that is solely determined by a ) your specular maps and b ) the glossiness of the mesh itself. For Skyrim, the default value for more or less any body I've seen is 30. Tintmasks only say which part of the face is colored when you move the lipstick slider for example.

Ultimately you'll have to look around and experiment with different specular maps that play well with your enb (if you use any). Just replace the textures that end with _s.dds until you find something you are comfortable with.

Tintmasks have jack shit to do with how glossy you character is, that is solely determined by a ) your specular maps and b ) the glossiness of the mesh itself. For Skyrim, the default value for more or less any body I've seen is 30. Tintmasks only say which part of the face is colored when you move the lipstick slider for example.

Ultimately you'll have to look around and experiment with different specular maps that play well with your enb (if you use any). Just replace the textures that end with _s.dds until you find something you are comfortable with.

ok, i'll try that, im using fair skin + cbbe, tks for the help.

Huh. In that case, I would suggest opening a topic in the Skyrim Tech Support section here on LLab asking for a little help. There are *A LOT* of very knowledgeable & helpful people who are active in that forum who don't stop-by the screenshot threads. I can highly recommend it! :)

*The only other thing I could suggest here is - does the effect continue if you disable your ENB? :huh:

i dont use enb, cuz my pc is old.

TESV_2015_09_03_01_57_08_779.jpg

TESV_2015_09_04_04_27_06_934.jpg

I hope im at the right place because i want some thoughts on my screenshots ( im not the best so i hope you guys don't mind )

Basically one is with imaginator and the other is with Air ENB............as you see ENBs grills my computer like a hot dog so posing even moving is a mission

So which one is better? ( i use bandicam )

Up for criticism part 2 (anything, and be brutal)

TESV_2015_09_04_08_52_09_01.jpg

@Aryx: Air is better, in my opinion. But, if you like a desaturated look, get a DOF mod, and you are set.

Well first thanks for the feedback on my last post, made som more work oh her because of that and I think I made some progress. 

Now tonight I was thinking I would try and make Ciri from witcher , but then I seen way too many of her, so I tried too make Triss Merigold insted.

She is still WIP, but what you guys think of her so far?

TESV_2015_09_04_23_53_45_90.jpgTESV_2015_09_04_23_53_36_32.jpgTESV_2015_09_04_23_54_22_73.jpg

@Aryx: Air is better, in my opinion. But, if you like a desaturated look, get a DOF mod, and you are set.

Well she looks great from this side, like too see more of her face next time, thats all the critic I got on this

her nose seems a little too small for her head. other then that she looks great. (tho personally i dont like the wet body, makes characters look all slimy)

wondering tho, where do you take your screenshots, seen a couple now that arnt familiar to me. (the location i mean)

@w33beast1e  Thanks for the advice, I had never really thought to mess with FOV settings.  I generally only use the free cam and hide hud options of the console, so I admit that I'm not too familar with that particular command.  As for the background, I completely agree.  It definitely is rather dull, mainly because I chose to do it in the middle of Whiterun rather than take the time to find a good spot.  I'll definately apply these suggestions to my next attempt in the hopefully near future.  I think I'll also do a few full character shots so that people can do a critique on the character herself.

Went to a book store, and found a manga I lost in high school. Now I'm driven to complete the collection once I get spending money, because it's my favorite. Kudos to whomever can figure out who it is...

post-480513-0-90313300-1441453381_thumb.jpg post-480513-0-20879400-1441453390_thumb.jpg

...Also, to whomever knows who it is supposed to resemble, if you've seen better armor, clothing, give me a shout okay.  :D

Went to a book store, and found a manga I lost in high school. Now I'm driven to complete the collection once I get spending money, because it's my favorite. Kudos to whomever can figure out who it is...

attachicon.gifScreenshot8609.jpg attachicon.gifScreenshot9017.jpg

...Also, to whomever knows who it is supposed to resemble, if you've seen better armor, clothing, give me a shout okay.  :D

Battle angel?

attachicon.gifScreenshot8609.jpg attachicon.gifScreenshot9017.jpg

I really love that concept!! 

We  should totally make a "guessing thread"  :sleepy:

Character number 3; Druseathel.

Looking for feedback on her textures, make-up, and eye placement (they might be a tad too far apart).

tumblr_nkaiawg8321uovz8jo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkaiawg8321uovz8jo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkaiawg8321uovz8jo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_np4f35ylNw1uovz8jo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_np4f35ylNw1uovz8jo5_1280.jpg

I would say just a little bit closer (maybe have the center of the eye just outside the corner of the mouth) and slightly larger.... maybe

Archived