Screenshot Discussion Thread

GrimReaper

I forgot to post my other three Basara pics here. [out of curiosity does anyone know an ENB that might work well with how she looks? or a home mod that'd suit her archetype [deranged and bloodthirsty]

I'd recommend one of the player homes by Elianora. She's done quite a number of really good house mods, some might suit a darker themed character.

As for an ENB, maybe something like Bleak?

@Enjuno Thanks, that gives me a good guideline to follow. :)

This is the first character I have made after installing Skyrim again after a year or something. She is a temptress who is an all-around assassin, but most deadly with dagger up close and personal. I have never been a screenshotter, so any feedback on angles, lighting, scene, character, etc. is appreciated. :)

post-89552-0-14990300-1441653517_thumb.jpgpost-89552-0-51197100-1441653519_thumb.jpgpost-89552-0-52921500-1441653521_thumb.jpg

*General tip - not sure if everyone's aware of this, but when seeking advice/feedback/criticism/etc. about characters' faces, it is a good idea to check the FOV (Field of View) setting in your game before taking pictures/screens. :huh:

- Closeup zoom shots at HIGHER FOV will actually distort the face in your shot, similar to a convex mirror.

- Closeup zoom shots at LOW FOV will generally give a more accurate idea of your character's facial features & their alignment relative to each other.

To change your FOV, open the in-game console (" ~ "), and type:

fov numbergoeshere

(Eg: fov 10)

Close the console.

(*Default FOV for the game is usually somewhere around 60-80 or so)

Looking for feedback on the tattoo and anything else you can see. Also a comparison on which pic looks better. (Just got my internet back now so I haven't really even jumped on my pc and there is so much that went by gotta catch up)

enb_2015_09_10_22_25_43_52.png

2015_09_10_00002.jpg

Looking for feedback on the tattoo and anything else you can see. Also a comparison on which pic looks better. (Just got my internet back now so I haven't really even jumped on my pc and there is so much that went by gotta catch up)

enb_2015_09_10_22_25_43_52.png

2015_09_10_00002.jpg

I think the choice of tatto works great with her and the hair too. I like the second picture best, the top one is a bit too bright on her face and top body 

So I started a new Dark Elf character but I'm unsure of the skin color I want. While I love white skin my current char. already has it so I kind of want something different. I was hopping someone could point out a good skin color between these 3. I actually wanted an unnatural skin color but I have trouble getting color to look good. I don't mind suggestions for other colors to try out. Also I wouldn't mind advice on the char itself since I'm not done with her yet.

VWCc0iY.pngejUcjSy.png

QFFr8z5.png

Hey guys, I finished my new character Thyri, what you guys think?

That's a strong looking woman.

Latest shot of Tania, wanted any thoughts or advice on how to improve with lying down poses as I generally suck with them.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the pose or the shot, but if you want to add a bit more life to it you could give the character some expression.

So I started a new Dark Elf character but I'm unsure of the skin color I want. While I love white skin my current char. already has it so I kind of want something different. I was hopping someone could point out a good skin color between these 3. I actually wanted an unnatural skin color but I have trouble getting color to look good. I don't mind suggestions for other colors to try out. Also I wouldn't mind advice on the char itself since I'm not done with her yet.

You could try different skin textures other than Fair Skin. I did a custom mashup of Mature Skin and Abyssal Dremora textures for an undead character and colored her a blue (drowned in icy water) look. As for the your character, her eyebrows look like she's permanently pissed off, but her eye lids are in a constant state of surprise. I would try to hit a balance between the two and go for a more relaxed/natural look. It will make for a more believable character, and offer more range when you use MFG console or RM's expression sliders.

I temporarily switched to Bleak until my current default ENB is updated, due to some color problems and a problem with the DoF that were introduced in the newest version.

What were you wanting feedback on? The smile? I don't see it as 'happy' smile, but it does a good job as a devious one, if that's what you were aiming for.

Hey guys, I finished my new character Thyri, what you guys think?

That's a strong looking woman.

Latest shot of Tania, wanted any thoughts or advice on how to improve with lying down poses as I generally suck with them.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the pose or the shot, but if you want to add a bit more life to it you could give the character some expression.

You could try different skin textures other than Fair Skin. I did a custom mashup of Mature Skin and Abyssal Dremora textures for an undead character and colored her a blue (drowned in icy water) look. As for the your character, her eyebrows look like she's permanently pissed off, but her eye lids are in a constant state of surprise. I would try to hit a balance between the two and go for a more relaxed/natural look. It will make for a more believable character, and offer more range when you use MFG console or RM's expression sliders.

I temporarily switched to Bleak until my current default ENB is updated, due to some color problems and a problem with the DoF that were introduced in the newest version.

What were you wanting feedback on? The smile? I don't see it as 'happy' smile, but it does a good job as a devious one, if that's what you were aiming for.

Is it possible to have separate textures for elves and human races? I do think elves would look a lot better with something other than fair skin.

I've fiddled around with expressions before (from a mod from here I think, can't quite remember the name) and imo the happy expressions looked more aroused than happy. Also unlike in Oblivion (if this was an Oblivion shot I'd probably have an expression on my character if I didn't forget) I find poses and altering expressions a bit too fiddly. I'll try though, the fact that this looks fine for a lying down shot from me (as I said I generally suck at them) is a big boost and may lead to me not deleting as many lying down shots in the future.

The color, lighting, and quality...

Hello! 

Here's my little contribution.

I spent quite some of time to do. Testing and customize textures, mapping, adjusting lot of things....... 

I think, I'm almost done...

Custom race is really good to add tattoo and makeup directly on the textures to have a unique bodytexture, using gimp or photoshop.

It avoids the disappearance bug overlay, under water and under some transparent clothing. 

I still have to edit tattoos hands as you can see in the second image.

depra4.jpg

depra3.jpg

depra2.jpg

Hey guys :) ... I like to consider myself a screen archer though I'm aware that i'm not that good at it ... basically, it had to do with my puter not being able to handle ENB presets such as Bleak or similar mods... This time around, I have a little monster of a rig and though i'm not running with an ENB or any mod presets i'm quit sure it can handle most of them with everything else i'm running... With that being said, I would like to introduce my first Character that im kind of happy with. This is Holly, she has potential yet I feel something is wrong... or out of whack... so to say, I know her eyes are really fn bright! lol... but, I wanted them to be unworldly looking do to her demon blood... but I don't like her chin either and maybe her cheeks... anyway here she is :P

post-25993-0-54011600-1442130041_thumb.jpg

post-25993-0-38583800-1442130060_thumb.jpg

post-25993-0-51970900-1442130080_thumb.jpg

post-25993-0-23864200-1442130096_thumb.jpg

post-25993-0-92497700-1442130126_thumb.jpg

post-25993-0-78221400-1442130162_thumb.jpg

post-25993-0-63869700-1442130278_thumb.jpg

@datjellyman  Yes it is possible. I use Mature skin texture by Maevan2 for elves and orcs and SG Female textures Renewal for the rest. Just install the Mature textures first and then SG and let it override.  Of course this only works because SG textures only for human characters, not sure about any other texture sets.  You "COULD" do it manually, but that really depends on your time and willingness to do so.

Up for brutal criticism :D

20762268654_d430bc6944_c.jpg

21385686305_987fe3702e_c.jpg

Ok, I get that you want to make a rough and masculine female warrior, but, in my opinion, that jaw and chin don't look nice together. Maybe shorten one of them a bit ?

Ok, I get that you want to make a rough and masculine female warrior, but, in my opinion, that jaw and chin don't look nice together. Maybe shorten one of them a bit ?

People have diffrents tastes, right? :D For me she looks perfect and you know...that's not actually a critique,but whatever :P

Man, I did add "in my opinion." And, also, if she looks perfect to you then why ask for brutal criticism ? :|

Maybe I should restrain from posting in this topic from now on.

Before this deviates any further, let me remind everything that the OP outlines the intended goal for this thread. The guidelines state very clearly that everything is fair game, and that the focus should be on offering the poster advice on how to improve, from the critics point of view.

Just present your material and what you specifically would like feedback on, while being respectful when giving your own opinion to others.

People have diffrents tastes, right? :D For me she looks perfect and you know...that's not actually a critique,but whatever :P

Man, I did add "in my opinion." And, also, if she looks perfect to you then why ask for brutal criticism ? :|

Well, I think criticism is not about telling others what they should do with their character's appearnce, I think it's telling people about...bad lighting for example and ways to improve it or a bad composition, and again, give an advice, anyway that's only my opinion ^^

Ok, man. Get a good sleep tonight and read the whole argument (especially your last post) again when you wake up. I'm done here.

Ok, man. Get a good sleep tonight and read the whole argument (especially your last post) again when you wake up. I'm done here.

Actually, you should keep posting in this thread. It is not your fault when people think this one is the same circle-jerk wankfest that "Show your Skyrim counterpart..." is and only want a pat on the back and some praise.

And if you (general "you") are happy with something in a picture, then say so. Point out, what you want to improve. "Criticize this!" means the picture as a whole. If you are happy with the character and how it looks, then say it. Ask for the stuff you *actually* want to improve. "What do you think about the composition?", "How could I improve the lighting?"

Just saying.... there is already a thread for "likes" and "wows"

PS: I totally agreed with your opinion about the chin and jaw.

Archived