PM box says it's full even though i deleted most of it

Jay1646

Yeah, I had a whopping 700 messages and was still only at about 70% used storage space.

Two days ago, I suddenly was at 100 percent, so I downloaded my messages and deleted the contents of all my folders.

Then I wrote a message but I couldn't send it (clear your folders, Kodiak!). Saved it as a draft - I was immediately at 4% used storage space! Must be something that has been changed just recently.

Th board was down with database errors a couple of nights ago, and when it came back up the forum summaries were still broken for a while. I've been assuming this is more damage left over from the database crash.

I'll try the draft message trick.

its not localized to a few people... and its not just the PM area that has been effected.

corruption and glitches from whatever brought the site down are spread throughout the site, most of the damage is negligible. the PM issue looks like a reset server side, however the major glitches are more random and annoying such as posts linking to the wrong places.

good news is it is a temporary thing if its just these small glitches and its not a hardware issue... or something like that.

Ashal should be told about the minor issues so that they can get fixed.

The server was down earlier because the server had run out of harddrive space. Seeing as the MySQL database was largely responsible for filling up the harddrive. I had to upgrade the server with more harddrive space so mysql would start again and the site would return to functioning form.

To slow this problem down from happening again soon, I have drastically decreased storage space for Private Messages, which was decent amount of the databases size. It WILL happen again someday regardless as we continue to get more posts and users on the forum, a harder inbox limit however should slow it down significantly.

I realize it's an annoyance for the few who made heavy use of the private message system, and for that I apologize. If your having trouble clearing out your inbox so you can send and receive messages again, make sure you also clear your sent messages box. And if you need me to I can manually clear our your inbox for you.

Edit: I've just doubled the current allowed limit to 50, keep in mind it counts your outbox as well in the total.

Yeah it's a fault or glitch. Only had 5 messages in my PM and was 60% full. For some reason I can't upload anything so my mod is currently on hold.

The PM inbox size change shouldn't have anything to do with upload problems. Where are you seeing such a glitch so I can get to fixing it?

Yeah it's a fault or glitch. Only had 5 messages in my PM and was 60% full. For some reason I can't upload anything so my mod is currently on hold.

The PM inbox size change shouldn't have anything to do with upload problems. Where are you seeing such a glitch so I can get to fixing it?

About 5 mins after the site came back up and hasn't come back since. Most likely due to the database not fully awake.

About 5 mins after the site came back up and hasn't come back since. Most likely due to the database not fully awake.

And it's still doing it or is it fine now?

As of this morning I'm seeing this probelm now too. My PM box has 2 messages in it but I'm flaged as being at 100% capacity. I even receieved the automatic email from the site saying my inbox was full.

As for uploading? I can't say since I havent uploaded anything recently.

update:

OK, seems that the Trash Bin attached to the PMs wasn't deleting marked PMs. I'd delete the PM from the inbox, which would move it to the Trash Bin where it would sit. I was under the impression the Trash Bin was a tenporary cache for PMs which would be emptied at a pre-designated interval.

No worries now, my capacity is back to 2%

Archived