On a separate track I am experimenting with allowing friendly creatures to be included in SLEN (basically any creature that isn't hostile to you, like follower dogs, horses, Paarthurnax, Lis the spider, as well as critters from custom mods).

Will you be adding dialog to animals that do not have one, or will we need to be able to speak to the animal to have your choices show up? Dragons always have the option... at least if you Bend Will on them so they will come down to talk but horses usually just have mount or steal. I am also guessing they won't have the rank upgrades like normal npcs? On the other hand, having a dog with lover rank would let them be a choice for a threesome and make Leito's MFC animations useful.

I cannot imagine what a decision tree flowchart could look like, if you tagged all animations with all possible correct tags, and then had to pick one based on certain required tags and certain excluded tags, and then having to locate the actors based on gender and desired action/receive characteristics.

( quibble on orgy definition that doesn't matter )

I don't feel particularly guilty about that, it's not like there isn't enough fun to be had without the dragon kill orgies, and in case of the location cleared and pleasant surprise events people can solve it by surrounding themselves with followers of their preferred gender, and/or blocking those that aren't of the preferred gender from participating in SLEN events.

Yeah, I just take along the followers I want, when I feel I need followers (stealth character normally, disappointed in AI behaviour always) the only thing out of something like this I would want is with the exposure for dragon kills boosting witness arousal, having the lover option of "lets have a threesome" just for that situation could make sense, but I don't know that its programmatically possible unless you can flag the witnesses and then check for that flag when I speak to them within a few minutes. That sounds like an unnecessary script though and I can just puppetmaster them instead.  ( PC: Hey babe, I just killed this dragon and sucked its soul. Any of you hotties want to suck on me? Babes: Oh, me! no me! me too!  B) )

Beamer - I noticed that we still have to use console command to start Dibella quest. Can this be fixed?

Well you generally shouldn't need to really :)  If you can find out why the quest isn't starting I can fix it, but I've never had a problem with it starting up automatically myself. The only known reproducible issue I'm aware of is that the quest won't start when you have started the A Night to Remember quest. That one should be fixed in the next update. If that's what's blocking it in your case, you can finish the Night to Remember quest, then turn off, close menu and turn on again the Dibella's Refuge quest and that should start it properly.

On a separate track I am experimenting with allowing friendly creatures to be included in SLEN (basically any creature that isn't hostile to you, like follower dogs, horses, Paarthurnax, Lis the spider, as well as critters from custom mods).

Will you be adding dialog to animals that do not have one, or will we need to be able to speak to the animal to have your choices show up? Dragons always have the option... at least if you Bend Will on them so they will come down to talk but horses usually just have mount or steal. I am also guessing they won't have the rank upgrades like normal npcs? On the other hand, having a dog with lover rank would let them be a choice for a threesome and make Leito's MFC animations useful.

What I'm currently testing is a combination of dialogue for creatures for which it makes sense like dragons and dogs, and a hotkey (or power/shout) activation for ceatures that don't allow dialogue. I might include an option to enable dialog for creatures once you reach a certain relationship level with them, but I don't plan to make changes on the race level for this, only activate it on individual basis. Afaik creatures do have the possibility for relationship rank, all actors do, but if that's a problem I'll just track it in a faction myself. Horses will likely always remain hotkey activated, since dialog always clashes with the mount command and I have bad experiences with starting sex scenes while riding a horse :)

Charming will be a bit different for non-sentient creatures - no bonuses for Speech skill, Dibella or Mara agent etc, but perhaps something to replace that. Probably a reduced penalty for non-pref genders, or even none at all.

Yeah, I just take along the followers I want, when I feel I need followers (stealth character normally, disappointed in AI behaviour always) the only thing out of something like this I would want is with the exposure for dragon kills boosting witness arousal, having the lover option of "lets have a threesome" just for that situation could make sense, but I don't know that its programmatically possible unless you can flag the witnesses and then check for that flag when I speak to them within a few minutes. That sounds like an unnecessary script though and I can just puppetmaster them instead.  ( PC: Hey babe, I just killed this dragon and sucked its soul. Any of you hotties want to suck on me? Babes: Oh, me! no me! me too!  B) )

That's not a bad idea at all. I could possibly add a timed keyword that would make the NPC temporarily act like an ally or lover for the purpose of SLEN interactions. I'll play around with the idea and see what works.

Beamer - I noticed that we still have to use console command to start Dibella quest. Can this be fixed?

Well you generally shouldn't need to really :)  If you can find out why the quest isn't starting I can fix it, but I've never had a problem with it starting up automatically myself. The only known reproducible issue I'm aware of is that the quest won't start when you have started the A Night to Remember quest. That one should be fixed in the next update. If that's what's blocking it in your case, you can finish the Night to Remember quest, then turn off, close menu and turn on again the Dibella's Refuge quest and that should start it properly.

Thank you for the answer. I don't know why the quest isn't starting. I have more then 30 friends, lovers and others and the courier never came to me with the message. Hm...

I'm wondering now, is it SLEN that, detecting all males in a animation only requests MM / MMM animations from Sexlab, or is SL what picks the animations only with MMM tags?

For random sex animations (like the ones in orgies & threesomes) the gender tags are set by SLEN. For specific animations chosen from the dialogue tree (Make love to me, Take me doggy style, etc) no gender tags are used.

So it seems that suddenly I'm not able to get this mod to show up in the MCM menu. I've tried everything from doing the SKYUI Setage command to getting JaxonZ's MCM Kicker. I tried also deactivating all my mods and only enabling SLEN. That workied but then after activating all of the mods again, loading the save with SLEN actully working CTD'd and making a new one caused the same problem where SLEN didn't show u[. I've organized the load order  number of times wich didn't fix it . I'm not sure why it's doing this. It used to work fine, then one of my other mods stopped appearing but the MCM kicker mod fixed it, then after that SLEN stopped appearing.

Have you checked the papyrus log for any messages containing "slen"?

Try manually putting SLEN all the way at the top of your ESPs in the load order and see if that fixes the issue.

I checked papyrus after putting up on the load order (which caused it to CTD after loading I save. I'll see if the same happens with a new one) 

The only warning i got involving SLEN was this:

[06/24/2016 - 11:29:15AM] error: SLENMCMScript.OnGameReload() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call

stack:	[alias refPlayer on quest SLENMCMQuest (190274DA)].SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.psc" Line 6

*snip* 

The Dibella's Refuge Library will remain locked for the time being, until I overcome my creative writing block for long enough to come up with an interesting story for it :)

I can't find it on my game (with the Sisterhood of Dibella mod active). Where is the entrance ?

I have also oan another mod who can explain the fact I can't find the entrance : Goddess Diana (follower mod).

The entrance to Dibella's refuge is close to Dawnstar, on the right side of the road.

Guest ffabris

Afaik creatures do have the possibility for relationship rank, all actors do,

Unique actors do; levelled ones will have the relationship rank reset to whatever the default is, pretty quickly. And most (but by no means all) creatures are levelled.

What I'm currently testing is a combination of dialogue for creatures for which it makes sense like dragons and dogs,

only activate it on individual basis.

Charming will be a bit different for non-sentient creatures - no bonuses for Speech skill, Dibella or Mara agent etc, but perhaps something to replace that. Probably a reduced penalty for non-pref genders, or even none at all.

The named dragons should work just fine as they'll be unique, and some of the dogs will be, even if they don't have a special name, because of how you are able to recruit them. If you are sticking to recruitable dogs and not just any, you'll eliminate some like Stump in Riverwood and the 2 in Markarth, though that might be for the best.  Instead of a custom faction, perhaps swap a generic dog with a unique ID dog when we dialog with them with SLEN, or at the start of the SL anim so increases can be saved?

Not sure if there is a blessing, but isn't Kynereth the divine patron for animals? Other option could be the buff you get for reading all of the tablets on the 7000 steps that makes animals not attack you... though I don't remember if that has a timer and expires after a while.

Could make a Dibella for Doggies quest... sex seven slutty slenned dogs and get a perk :D  Maybe Sanguine instead, would work with the alliteration.

Afaik creatures do have the possibility for relationship rank, all actors do,

Unique actors do; levelled ones will have the relationship rank reset to whatever the default is, pretty quickly. And most (but by no means all) creatures are levelled.

This is why at first I thought sex with animals would work, but we wouldn't get the relationship increases... or if we did they would not hold, as we've been able to talk with calmed bandits, guards and all sorts of non-unique npcs but never get an increase, nor have it count toward the increases needed for the dragon shout or Refuge quest.

Somewhat related, there are 2 dwarven automaton followers in a dungeon in Solsteim I just "found" but we don't have animations for them yet... I think.  One is a spider and the other a sphere guardian.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Kagrumez

This is why at first I thought sex with animals would work, but we wouldn't get the relationship increases... or if we did they would not hold, as we've been able to talk with calmed bandits, guards and all sorts of non-unique npcs but never get an increase, nor have it count toward the increases needed for the dragon shout or Refuge quest.

Somewhat related, there are 2 dwarven automaton followers in a dungeon in Solsteim I just "found" but we don't have animations for them yet... I think.  One is a spider and the other a sphere guardian.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Kagrumez

The most recent release added an option to allow tracking of non-unique NPCs on the MCM General page. In older versions (or if this option is off) non-uniques were filtered out by the scripts, so it wasn't a matter of not being able to set their values, they were intentionally ignored. The main point for this feature was to allow the relationship increase to work towards your total increases. In practice I don't think there are more than a few leveled (humanoid) NPCs that would make sense to recruit (Anska is the only one I have come across so far).

A recruited Stray dog will be forced into an alias (as well as the player horse) which might keep their reference alive, but as I said I am still in the early testing stages with this. I don't think it will be a problem though, as the game uses the relationship rank itself to enable follower functionality and combat reactions. When recruiting a Stray Dog or Meeko/Vigilance the SetAnimal function on DialogueFollowerScript is called:

Function SetAnimal(ObjectReference AnimalRef)

actor AnimalActor= AnimalRef as Actor

;don't allow lockpicking

AnimalActor.SetAV("Lockpicking", 0)

AnimalActor.SetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer(), 3)

AnimalActor.SetPlayerTeammate(abCanDoFavor = false)

pAnimalAlias.ForceRefTo(AnimalActor)

;AnimalActor.AllowPCDialogue(True)

pPlayerAnimalCount.SetValue(1)

EndFunction

This changes the relationship rank to Ally and forces the animal into a quest alias. Of course when you release a Stray Dog and then later recruit it again these values might be lost, but how would you know it is the same Stray Dog anyway? Uniquely named animals are often marked as unique. This includes Vigilance, Stump, Torom, Barbas and Lis but for some reason not Meeko. I've never seen Meeko 'forget' that he is my friend though, and I recruit him in 90% of my games - he's my favourite sad puppy. :)

I'm pretty sure I have seen some anims for dwarven automatons around in a developers resources thread some months ago, but I don't know if anyone got around to adding them to an animation package yet.

I checked papyrus after putting up on the load order (which caused it to CTD after loading I save. I'll see if the same happens with a new one) 

[06/24/2016 - 11:29:15AM] error: SLENMCMScript.OnGameReload() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call

stack:	[alias refPlayer on quest SLENMCMQuest (190274DA)].SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.psc" Line 6

Is your SkyUI up to date? The SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias script is part of SkyUI. You might try re-installing that.

It is possible you have an older mod installed that contains an old version of this script inside the BSA, which could cause problems of this nature. Moving SkyUI down in your load order until it is loaded after any mods that might include this script could help. Also check your Data\scripts folder to see if there is an old version of the script there. The script is included in the SkyUI BSA archive, so there shouldn't need to be any versions of it in your Data\scripts folder.

If you find this script included with any mod, ask the mod author to remove it from the package. This script should never be distributed with mods to prevent version conflicts, but because the CK adds it automatically it is sometimes included by accident.

Thank you for the answer. I don't know why the quest isn't starting. I have more then 30 friends, lovers and others and the courier never came to me with the message. Hm...

Unfortunately starting quests in papyrus is a bit like throwing darts at balloons in the dark. If you hit you'll know it, but if you miss there's no information telling you why or how far you're off. I have added some additional logging to the next version, but if the quest doesn't start there isn't that much I can do besides logging it, resetting the quest and trying again later, hoping that whatever was blocking it has been resolved.

I'll look into adding an option to force start the quest from the MCM menu, possibly skipping the courier step and giving you the letter directly. I suspect that many of the unexplained failures are caused by conflicts surrounding the courier, so an option to skip the courier might help in a lot of cases.

Unfortunately starting quests in papyrus is a bit like throwing darts at balloons in the dark. If you hit you'll know it, but if you miss there's no information telling you why or how far you're off. I have added some additional logging to the next version, but if the quest doesn't start there isn't that much I can do besides logging it, resetting the quest and trying again later, hoping that whatever was blocking it has been resolved.

I'll look into adding an option to force start the quest from the MCM menu, possibly skipping the courier step and giving you the letter directly. I suspect that many of the unexplained failures are caused by conflicts surrounding the courier, so an option to skip the courier might help in a lot of cases.

Thank you soooooooooooo much. You rock. :)

The most recent release added an option to allow tracking of non-unique NPCs on the MCM General page. In older versions (or if this option is off) non-uniques were filtered out by the scripts, so it wasn't a matter of not being able to set their values, they were intentionally ignored. The main point for this feature was to allow the relationship increase to work towards your total increases. In practice I don't think there are more than a few leveled (humanoid) NPCs that would make sense to recruit (Anska is the only one I have come across so far).

I'm pretty sure I have seen some anims for dwarven automatons around in a developers resources thread some months ago, but I don't know if anyone got around to adding them to an animation package yet.

I forgot about that non-unique change in the last version.

I remember some other anims too, but I think only the steam centurion one was finished and included in a package... MNC maybe.

*snip* 

The Dibella's Refuge Library will remain locked for the time being, until I overcome my creative writing block for long enough to come up with an interesting story for it :)

I can't find it on my game (with the Sisterhood of Dibella mod active). Where is the entrance ?

I have also oan another mod who can explain the fact I can't find the entrance : Goddess Diana (follower mod).

The entrance to Dibella's refuge is close to Dawnstar, on the right side of the road.

Okay, found it, but can't seem to find the manner to enter in it. I think I need to do some questings, but where to begin ?
Guest ffabris

Uniquely named animals are often marked as unique. This includes Vigilance, Stump, Torom, Barbas and Lis but for some reason not Meeko. I've never seen Meeko 'forget' that he is my friend though, and I recruit him in 90% of my games - he's my favourite sad puppy. :)

I should clarify my previous post; I said "unique" when I should have said "not levelled". Meeko is probably a case of "not unique" and also "not levelled". Levelled actors will always "forget" relationship rank changes. Non-levelled will retain them.

*snip* 

Okay, found it, but can't seem to find the manner to enter in it. I think I need to do some questings, but where to begin ?

It should be listed on the first main page, but IIRC you need to raise 20 relationship ranks, and then a courier will bring a letter to start the quest that leads there.

*snip* 

It should be listed on the first main page, but IIRC you need to raise 20 relationship ranks, and then a courier will bring a letter to start the quest that leads there.

Just read the first post : there is a mention of this quest, but without further details.

Can you explain more ?

Just read the first post : there is a mention of this quest, but without further details. Can you explain more ?

You need to first finish the quest "Dragon Rising" (kill your first Dragon) and "The Heart of Dibella" (return the Sybil to the Temple of Dibella) and have a total of 25 or more relationship increases. Once you meet all these conditions, the courier will deliver a letter that will start the quest.

Just read the first post : there is a mention of this quest, but without further details. Can you explain more ?

You need to first finish the quest "Dragon Rising" (kill your first Dragon) and "The Heart of Dibella" (return the Sybil to the Temple of Dibella) and have a total of 25 or more relationship increases. Once you meet all these conditions, the courier will deliver a letter that will start the quest.

Well ... I'm f*cked up because I'm using an alternative mod (Skyrim Unbound) and can't be dragonborn at all (my choice). Is there another way to start this quest ? (for the quest "The heart of Dibella", already done)

Is your SkyUI up to date? The SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias script is part of SkyUI. You might try re-installing that.

It is possible you have an older mod installed that contains an old version of this script inside the BSA, which could cause problems of this nature. Moving SkyUI down in your load order until it is loaded after any mods that might include this script could help. Also check your Data\scripts folder to see if there is an old version of the script there. The script is included in the SkyUI BSA archive, so there shouldn't need to be any versions of it in your Data\scripts folder.

If you find this script included with any mod, ask the mod author to remove it from the package. This script should never be distributed with mods to prevent version conflicts, but because the CK adds it automatically it is sometimes included by accident.

yeah I have the same problem here with SLEN not showing up in MCM.

Ive upgraded to 5.1 (although it still says 4 in the menu), have the newest SLEN, removed The SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias from the scripts,  and put SkyUI at the bottom, right below SLEN

Well ... I'm f*cked up because I'm using an alternative mod (Skyrim Unbound) and can't be dragonborn at all (my choice). Is there another way to start this quest ? (for the quest "The heart of Dibella", already done)

Dragon's Rising is automatically finished if you have Skyrim Unbound (hence why at the start of your game you have the option to buy Whiterun's house for 10k) so it shouldn't present any issues.

Dragon's Rising is automatically finished if you have Skyrim Unbound (hence why at the start of your game you have the option to buy Whiterun's house for 10k) so it shouldn't present any issues.

Even if I choosed to be "non dragonborn" (and not absorb any dragon soul) ? When I check my quest journal, this particular quest don't appear at all.

Even if I choosed to be "non dragonborn" (and not absorb any dragon soul) ? When I check my quest journal, this particular quest don't appear at all.

Did you get 25 relationship increases and wait a bit after finishing The Heart of Dibella?