What music do you listen to?

Music clips that you only watch because of the song and not because of the video 😇

Robin Thicke: Blurred Lines Ft. T. I. & Pharrell

https://folkr.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Robin-Thicke-featuring-Pharrell-T.I.-–-Robin-Thicke-–-Blurred-Lines-version-non-censurée.mp4?_=1

or

Edited by chooseChaos
10 hours ago, chooseChaos said:

Lee Marvin: I was born under a Wandering Star

Out of likes, but  man that was a time for musicals!  Lerner and Lowe.

Sang this one many times to my girls before they went to bed.  Those memories a dad never forgets.

17 hours ago, ElaboratePseudonym said:

an amazing contrast between Lee Marvin and the choir

(deadpan amateur vs. polished Broadway musical style professionals) 

Some interesting backstories to that:  They looked for very good singers who could key off of Lee Marvin, meaning they all had to have a wide range of singable notes, so iirc, Lee Marvin gave much credit to the back up singers, making him look like a good singer. 

The same was for Clint Eastwood, though he had better vocals than Lee Marvin. 

3 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Some interesting backstories to that:  They looked for very good singers who could key off of Lee Marvin, meaning they all had to have a wide range of singable notes, so iirc, Lee Marvin gave much credit to the back up singers, making him look like a good singer. 

The same was for Clint Eastwood, though he had better vocals than Lee Marvin. 

The more I learn about Paint Your Wagon, the more I wonder if it wasn't an intended theme or commentary by the producers. I.e. What is a Western? What is a Musical? 

Let's make a Western with Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood as leads but have them sing when they both are:

1. Best known for portraying stoic, reserved reluctant hero/antihero characters.

2. Not professional level singers.

Vast oversimplification, but still mostly true, Once upon a time, movies were more than simply commerce.

Edited by ElaboratePseudonym