Radiant Prostitution 3.2.2 (29-Oct-2015)

Hi, Wraith! I'm sorry for asking this in the wrong thread but since you have been great providing support, I'd just like to ask if you could tell me how I can make the little diamond objectives from the journal to be filled like when it is completed. I got this quest from another mod that it is currently in stasis that I completed (with no issues, the quest is 100%), but in the journal the little diamond is empty like I didn't complete the last objective. If it's something simple, I wouldn't mind fixing it myself, I think I just have this OCD. lol

I totally understand this isn't the place for asking it, so you can ignore it if you want.

This is why the Skyrim Technical Support section exists, but alright:

Completed quests can remain with an unfilled diamond if the mod author forgot to mark an objective as completed / failed. This cannot be fixed without editing the mod's scripts (it's good practice to call CompleteAllObjectives() or FailAllObjectives() just before the quest finishes), and even if you fix it, you'd have to reset and re-do the quest. Considering there's no harm from having an uncompleted objective in a complete quest, I'd recommend just leaving it be.

Hi, Wraith! I'm sorry for asking this in the wrong thread but since you have been great providing support, I'd just like to ask if you could tell me how I can make the little diamond objectives from the journal to be filled like when it is completed. I got this quest from another mod that it is currently in stasis that I completed (with no issues, the quest is 100%), but in the journal the little diamond is empty like I didn't complete the last objective. If it's something simple, I wouldn't mind fixing it myself, I think I just have this OCD. lol

I totally understand this isn't the place for asking it, so you can ignore it if you want.

This is why the Skyrim Technical Support section exists, but alright:

Completed quests can remain with an unfilled diamond if the mod author forgot to mark an objective as completed / failed. This cannot be fixed without editing the mod's scripts (it's good practice to call CompleteAllObjectives() or FailAllObjectives() just before the quest finishes), and even if you fix it, you'd have to reset and re-do the quest. Considering there's no harm from having an uncompleted objective in a complete quest, I'd recommend just leaving it be.

Many thanks!

Wouldn't it be great if the base pay weren't fixed? I know you can edit in MCM, but I wonder if it might be possible to make it change as the game goes. For example, as the PC became renowned as a prostitute, s/he would be able to charge more for the same services. Maybe by adding a "reputation" multiplier? Reputation might increase based on number of different clients, different holds and (to a lesser extent than the former) total number of services. Also, as s/he became more proficient in each of sexlab's skills, that particular service would add more to the final pay.

I'm enjoying this mod so much I haven't even left Riverwood's surroundings in this run's first two weeks! But I've noticed that the mod becomes less interesting as the game progresses, for this reason: as you level up, the rate at which you make money from killing things and finding/selling items grows, but the prostitution pay stays the same. This meant, in my run, that initially it was a really interesting way to help pay for those initial training sessions. But as the training became more expensive and other sources of income more profitable, prostitution becomes a simple hobby, if not a waste of time...

So this suggestion might help balance the mod for the entire duration of the game. To those two factors I'd add a level dependent factor, to keep the pay within reasonable values and not shoot up just because a player does nothing more than prostituting the whole time. A possible formula: pay = base * reputation * implied skill (oral, vag, anal, etc...) * (.5+MAX_LEVEL/level) (where max level would be 91 or whatever is the maximum level for the game and "level" would be the PC's level). This factor would go from .5 to 1.5, meaning it would nerf the pay at low levels and boost it at higher.

I won't write more, sorry for an already long post and hope this is worth considering!

You can already do this, pretty much. Set the base gold payment to be lower than default, then tweak one or more of the following options to your liking:

• Gold Bonus Per Rank - Get paid more as you gain reputation. You increase in rank every time you unlock a new type of job. If you also want to control how much work is required to gain a rank, use the Rank Stride option.
  • Gold Bonus Per Speechcraft - Tied to the vanilla speechcraft skill, the higher the level the more gold you get.
  • Gold Bonus Per Expertise - Uses your character's SexLab stats to influence payment, based on the animation type performed. A character that's expert on oral would get paid more for blowjobs, and so on.

Granted, you can powerlevel all 3 of those stats with a very low-level character and get skewed rewards, but that's not any different from powerleveling smithing to 100 or any other skill to gain an advantage.

You can already do this, pretty much. Set the base gold payment to be lower than default, then tweak one or more of the following options to your liking:

• Gold Bonus Per Rank - Get paid more as you gain reputation. You increase in rank every time you unlock a new type of job. If you also want to control how much work is required to gain a rank, use the Rank Stride option.
  • Gold Bonus Per Speechcraft - Tied to the vanilla speechcraft skill, the higher the level the more gold you get.
  • Gold Bonus Per Expertise - Uses your character's SexLab stats to influence payment, based on the animation type performed. A character that's expert on oral would get paid more for blowjobs, and so on.

Granted, you can powerlevel all 3 of those stats with a very low-level character and get skewed rewards, but that's not any different from powerleveling smithing to 100 or any other skill to gain an advantage.

i dont see how this shall work.

my prostitute in a new game had 5 clients so far. i have 0 bonus per rank, 0.5 per speechcraft (sc = 20, so +10), 10 in expertise. base 40 default, no bonus for male / female. rank 20 clients necessary.

she gets 50 gold for a normal fuck. thats 40 base and 10 speechcraft. ok.

but as she gets apprentice in vaginal sex in sexlab, nothing changed.still 50 gold, not 60 or 70,  (unlearned is base, novice 1, aprrentice 2.)

if i give her 10 bonus per rank, which is base =1, her gold falls down to 30.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. Got a weird bug today. Corpulus at the Winking Skeever in Solitude no longer has the "I heard innkeepers are offering well-paid work" or the "Are you still offering work" dialogue options. I know I've worked for him before with this character, and other innkeepers still have the options, but he doesn't.

Hey WraithSlayer,

I'm trying my hand at the creation kit for the first time, and I'm trying to build a patch to make the brothel from Helgen Reborn a bit more friendly to Radiant Prostitution.  So far, I'm actually pretty happy with my progress.  I've been able to get the bartender to fire all the starting RP quests, thanks mainly to the help you've posted in the comments here.

Where I'm stuck now is getting RP to identify the prostitutes.  I know I can change their outfits to tavern clothes, but I happen to rather like the robes they have now.  Is there any other flag I can set on these NPCs that RP would pick up?  Like a job keyword or faction description?  I believe I could set the amulet as starting equipment for them, but I'd rather not create more masters than necessary. 

Side note - I had originally assumed I could equip their clothes, then use the RP MCM to define that as a working outfit.  Doing that does not seem to change the behavior of the NPC's though.  Is that menu only supposed to affect the PC?

I'll add that there seems to be a lot of hidden knowledge about what I'm supposed to flag or set - like I would have never guessed to set the keyword jobInnkeeper if you hadn't mentioned it a few pages back.  Is there a FAQ for making mods work with RP somewhere?  Alternately, if I open up RP in the CK, is there a spot I should be looking for hints on compatibility?

Thanks!

Hey WraithSlayer,

I'm trying my hand at the creation kit for the first time, and I'm trying to build a patch to make the brothel from Helgen Reborn a bit more friendly to Radiant Prostitution.  So far, I'm actually pretty happy with my progress.  I've been able to get the bartender to fire all the starting RP quests, thanks mainly to the help you've posted in the comments here.

Where I'm stuck now is getting RP to identify the prostitutes.  I know I can change their outfits to tavern clothes, but I happen to rather like the robes they have now.  Is there any other flag I can set on these NPCs that RP would pick up?  Like a job keyword or faction description?  I believe I could set the amulet as starting equipment for them, but I'd rather not create more masters than necessary. 

Side note - I had originally assumed I could equip their clothes, then use the RP MCM to define that as a working outfit.  Doing that does not seem to change the behavior of the NPC's though.  Is that menu only supposed to affect the PC?

I'll add that there seems to be a lot of hidden knowledge about what I'm supposed to flag or set - like I would have never guessed to set the keyword jobInnkeeper if you hadn't mentioned it a few pages back.  Is there a FAQ for making mods work with RP somewhere?  Alternately, if I open up RP in the CK, is there a spot I should be looking for hints on compatibility?

Thanks!

There's a keyword you can add to their clothes, JobWhore, that makes RP use anyone wearing it into a prostitute. You can check for the exact keyword by looking at the Tavern clothes from the RP mod. The keyword is added to it in there.

If I recall correctly, those only affect the PC. NPCs require the JobWhore keyword, as mentioned above.

Afraid there isn't a FAQ for these, but the CK has tools to help you find answers. For example, let's say you didn't know about the JobInnkeeper keyword thing, and wanted the prostitution dialogue to be available for mod-added innkeepers. You'd start by opening RP in CK, going to Edit > Find Text, and searching for the dialogue you already know exists and want them to have, such as "I heard innkeepers are offering well paid work." In the 'Objects,etc' tab, double-click the only result and you'll be led to the dialogue definition, inside the mf_Prostitute_Handler quest. Now, to figure out why this dialogue isn't showing up for the NPCs you want, you'll need to look in two places: the conditions section of the dialogue itself, and the conditions section in the Quest Data tab of the owning quest, which are applied to all the dialogues the quest owns. in this particular case, the innkeeper restrictions are in the Quest Data tab.

I stopped working on RP because, like you said, the technical issues with previous versions had mostly been ironed out. Sure, I did a small bit of work content-wise, but for the most part, I believe people should be willing to tweak mods to suit their personal tastes, rather than expect mod developers to somehow cater to everyone's whim. The reason I still follow this support thread is to help with exactly that: answering people's questions so they can more easily customize RP the way they want.

I already explained how you can remove a specific quest from the Home Jobs list. If you want to remove more of them, you can use TES5Edit to match the ID in MR_RP to the quest name, so you know which one to delete.

As for old people, like I said earlier you can mod them out if you dislike how they look, which is what I did for my game, but alternatively, you can add the following condition to the home quests, in the Quest Data tab: GetIsRace ElderRace == 0. You'll end up with the occasional "Quest failed to start" error in areas where old people are the only available selection, which is one of the reasons why I never added this restriction (that, and the fact some people may be into GILFs :lol:), but otherwise it'll do exactly what you want, and it's a very simple CK tweak.

Cloned NPCs, also fixable with CK. Make a FormList with a good variety of NPCs that look nice in your game (one for males, another for females), then open the Quest Aliases tab of the quests that are spawning identical NPCs. Make the Guest / Prostitute aliases point towards your newly created NPC lists, instead of the ugly generic NPC they're pointing to.

If you have any further questions or need more detailed help on how to do these, I'm more than happy to help; I have an immense amount of respect for those who take the time to learn the basics of modding to make the game they want. If that's not something you're interested in, then I agree that TDF may be a better choice for you.

could you please explain in which quest and dialog window this must be written ?

does getissex female == 0 prevent female clients ?

could you please explain in which quest and dialog window this must be written ?

Put it in the Quest Data tab of each quest you want the restriction to be present on. Quest Data conditions are injected into every alias and dialogue defined within the quest, so you don't have to painstakingly add the condition to every relevant alias/dialogue.

Yes, getissex female == 0 does prevent female clients.

Put it in the Quest Data tab of each quest you want the restriction to be present on. Quest Data conditions are injected into every alias and dialogue defined within the quest, so you don't have to painstakingly add the condition to every relevant alias/dialogue.

Yes, getissex female == 0 does prevent female clients.

it oes not look that easy to me because it does not work. i still get Hilde in Whiterrun, she is female and elder race.

i have the two conditions written in :

character/quests editor id mf_prostitue_handler  homejob(custom) Topic: what kind of job?  dialogue it is a simple home visit.. + yes, people waiting in line, here is the next adress

and topic : i think i can do it  dialogue Excellent, go to the house of the client and care for his needs..

these dialogues are the ones where the innkeeper offers the home visit job. 

the editors : mf_prostitute_homeservice and _homevisit  are the dialogues when the whore reachers the clients, which is too late for the conditions.

but because the conditions dont work i dont know where else to place them.

it oes not look that easy to me because it does not work. i still get Hilde in Whiterrun, she is female and elder race.

i have the two conditions written in :

character/quests editor id mf_prostitue_handler  homejob(custom) Topic: what kind of job?  dialogue it is a simple home visit.. + yes, people waiting in line, here is the next adress

and topic : i think i can do it  dialogue Excellent, go to the house of the client and care for his needs..

these dialogues are the ones where the innkeeper offers the home visit job. 

the editors : mf_prostitute_homeservice and _homevisit  are the dialogues when the whore reachers the clients, which is too late for the conditions.

but because the conditions dont work i dont know where else to place them.

The dialogues you're editing are applied to the NPC you're talking at the time, which is the innkeeper, and they have no effect on the quest's client. To edit the client's conditions directly, assuming Quest Data conditions aren't working for whatever reason, open the mf_Prostitute_HomeService quest, go to Quest Aliases, open the 'theMainClient' alias, and add the elder race condition in the Match Conditions section. Repeat for the 'theGuest' alias. Then repeat all the above steps for mf_prostitute_HomeVisit and mf_Prostitute_HomeGangbang as well, so all 3 home quests are covered.

Awesome, applying JobWhore as a keyword on the clothing does seem to be working.  It does require I set RP as a master, which is currently the only thing I pull from RP.  Not the end of the world, but seems silly to set a master just to pull a single keyword.  Seeing as how the whole point of my patch is to use RP though, maybe the issue is more in my head.

I'm not quite at the point where I am comfortable looking at quest hooks, but your explanation makes sense.  When I ready to leave the kiddie pool, I've give that a shot.

Thanks to you both!

• 2 weeks later...

What about the job details? I can't see any mention of it in the dialogue, but some dialogue references the letter.
​For example, the horse job dialogue with the stablemaster seems to indicate that the letter asked for a 'mare', but the innkeeper doesn't say anything like that.

I'll just need to go replay the quest.

What about the job details? I can't see any mention of it in the dialogue, but some dialogue references the letter.

​For example, the horse job dialogue with the stablemaster seems to indicate that the letter asked for a 'mare', but the innkeeper doesn't say anything like that.

I'll just need to go replay the quest.

It's implied that the innkeeper gives you the letter and you read it without storing it in your inventory, with the gist of the letter's contents being available in the quest's description. If you want an actual letter to be present, you need only create one and have it added to the player on the starting stage of each random quest.