Mass Effect Andromeda

Darkening Demise

Guest Katherlne

The default female faces at the CC screen are even uglier than the original ME.

I don't remember any good, feme looking women characters in bioware games. All their women looks like a transgender (no offense) or women with a over of testosterone. Or their designers live in bunker without a women and never seen them.

http://www.loverslab.com/uploads/post-102569-0-86607700-1489578097.jpg

I'm sure humans will eventually conquer the hearts of Andromeda with the help of these two gorgeous specimens. :lol:

I know this isn't specific to this game, but I think a self-respecting game developer shouldn't give tools to players to create abominations like these. I mean, it's okay to be able to create something ugly, but this is literally making a mockery of the game.  :dodgy:

Here I must contradict.

I'm sorry, but these settings gave and there are also in other games, this Bethesda has started.  ;)

And that was possible ten years ago in the same game:

obl127-2007tguo9.png

You reveal more about your mindset in your player char than you have ever dreamt of. I wouldn't even politely answer a 'hello' by a fool that creates abominations like the above and likes it. Eff off!

http://www.loverslab.com/uploads/post-102569-0-86607700-1489578097.jpg

I'm sure humans will eventually conquer the hearts of Andromeda with the help of these two gorgeous specimens. :lol:

I know this isn't specific to this game, but I think a self-respecting game developer shouldn't give tools to players to create abominations like these. I mean, it's okay to be able to create something ugly, but this is literally making a mockery of the game.  :dodgy:

Here I must contradict.

I'm sorry, but these settings gave and there are also in other games, this Bethesda has started.  ;)

obl127-2007tguo9.png

You reveal more about your mindset in your player char than you have ever dreamt of. I wouldn't even politely answer a 'hello' by a fool that creates abominations like the above and likes it. Eff off!

I know, this could you but only through mods to reach, Vanilla character were not good.

This was in Oblivion my Char.  ;)

moonshadow elves  :)

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/101/images/30707-2-1269704995.jpg

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/101/images/34257-1-1282963983.jpg

post-102569-0-86607700-1489578097.jpg

Looks like an updated oblivion character creator :lol:

I know, this could you but only through mods to reach, Vanilla character were not good.

Oh, this is a vanilla face made by me, equipped with succubus kit. The same without the kit plus jewelry.

oblivion88yxsh5.png

Char ranked #3 on the Nexus in 2006-2007 and remained unique, no giveaway. We're talking about face construction on the sliders here, not perhaps armor, hair styles, jewelry or alike to make the figure look better. And playing with the sliders and coming up with vanilla faces (one each game) is what I'm doing since Oblivion. I just love it.

Having said that, the char that gets launched after creation is limited in its looks by the possibilities in the creation menu and the slider skills of the player, largely a mirror of the own sense of aesthetics and that of the devs that provide us with presets. And therein BioWare had always a serious problem with, their face designers ain't good compared to those of other companies. Why? I don't know but I'd tell 'em "You are fired!"

For comparison only, Mass Effect 2. We're all family, huh? That's the 2nd problem one has with BioWare...

masseffect22010-03-12l1s0k.png

And Mass Effect 3, same preset designer (!); just minor improvements

masseffect32013-02-19rxs8f.png

---snip---

Little off but what anti-virus do you use Winny?

a program which one can not officially buy, I can not say more.  ;) 

Only so much, I have here on LL already malicious viruses discovered and this communicated to a moderator.

This moderator is now in my friend list, so I am something like that like a little guardian angel for you.  :)

Edit: but I can recommend you a program that I used before.

MALWAREBYTES

https://de.malwarebytes.com/free/

It is here in germany the best. 

Sorry for the comment.

A question, where do you get your material?

All your spoilers are for me EMPTY, I have a very sensitive anti-virus program that blocks everything in the spoiler.

would be It possible once to use no spoiler, It should only be a test.

When I then always not see, It means danger.  ;)

Uploaded at

Postimage.org

Too big to not put under spoilers =/

faces.png

It is important to determine if there is a danger. 

OMG! Even my neighbors looks better  :lol:

But seriously, ME1 and especially ME2/3 characters and even the one from Inquisition looked much better, wth in 2017 to people?

obl127-2007tguo9.png

That's a bullshit argument since Oblivion is easily modded and modding Mass Effect is a pain in the ass.  The 'mods will fix it' excuse won't work this time.  The fact that you attempted to do that to fanboy-champion Andromeda reveals a lot about you.  :lol:

Oh, this is a vanilla face made by me, equipped with succubus kit. The same without the kit plus jewelry.

oblivion88yxsh5.png

Char ranked #3 on the Nexus in 2006-2007 and remained unique, no giveaway. We're talking about face construction on the sliders here, not perhaps armor, hair styles, jewelry or alike to make the figure look better. And playing with the sliders and coming up with vanilla faces (one each game) is what I'm doing since Oblivion. I just love it.

Having said that, the char that gets launched after creation is limited in its looks by the possibilities in the creation menu and the slider skills of the player, largely a mirror of the own sense of aesthetics and that of the devs that provide us with presets. And therein BioWare had always a serious problem with, their face designers ain't good compared to those of other companies. Why? I don't know but I'd tell 'em "You are fired!"

For comparison only, Mass Effect 2. We're all family, huh? That's the 2nd problem one has with BioWare...

masseffect22010-03-12l1s0k.png

And Mass Effect 3, same preset designer (!); just minor improvements possible

masseffect32013-02-19rxs8f.png

sorry Jazzman, I was confused by the hair (Ren correctly), If this face is vanilla, then I'm impressed, I've never managed to create a beautiful face,

first with appropriate facial mods I have it managed.

Also your ME2-3 face is very beautiful.  :)

Well, after watching a few game play videos my suspicions about ME:Andromeda are confirmed.  Looking at the game play, the game itself isn't what it was built up to be.  ME:Andromeda looks average.  There are other open world mission based shooters that do it better and from an RPG standpoint other games do that better too.  I won't be buying Andromeda anytime soon so you guys have fun with the conversation.  I'm out.  later.

obl127-2007tguo9.png

That's a bullshit argument since Oblivion is easily modded and modding Mass Effect is a pain in the ass.  The 'mods will fix it' excuse won't work this time.  The fact that you attempted to do that to fanboy-champion Andromeda reveals a lot about you.  :lol:

No, you're talking crap. Modding is meant to improve things, not to morph an ugly duckling into a gorgeous swan. Still in rookie stage, eagerly waiting for good looking presets or face codes uploaded by community members, huh? Guess so. Cause if you are unable to cut it in the creation menu and don't line up for community presets, no mod on this planet will ever fix it - your char will look like shit no matter what, that's inevitable. Thought most adult players would know that already, oh well. At least you can grasp why people like me don't upload presets anymore - there are too many you's out there. A screenshot now and then does nicely.

I'm playing the trial right now, and seriously, the character creator sucks big time.  

It's got possibly the worst character creator, and customisation options, out of any big name game out at the moment. 

You can't change the skin texture at all so you're stuck with whatever the preset has, you can't alter the ears or the forehead, you can't alter pretty much anything outside of a few simple features, and the most annoying thing I find is that the default character isn't available as a preset.  I kinda like his basic head shape and skin texture, but neither are available. 

sorry Jazzman, I was confused by the hair (Ren correctly), If this face is vanilla, then I'm impressed, I've never managed to create a beautiful face,

first with appropriate facial mods I have it managed.

Also your ME2-3 face is very beautiful.  :)

Thanks, and yup, that's Ren. Back then it took me almost a week to create that char, never satisfied with the result I was and just seventeen, that's why I guess. Everything that came thereafter, FA 3/NV, Skyrim, the ME trilogy, FA4 and so forth I've managed within 15 minutes and it works just as well, an acceptable result to play with that is. All my chars come with a vanilla face and all the rest is modded over time, ME excluded. The reason is, I start these games in the week of release and I want to drive my own char, not perhaps that of somebody else, even if it might look ten times better (I won't let that happen though). And later plastic surgery, no, I wouldn't do that IRL either, so what.

All Bethesda vanilla chars since 2006 have a tiny little skin color flaw at the tip of their nose that reminds me of acne pores, it looks as if that is intended. Remarkable, huh?

Regarding ME:A I'll most likely give BioWare's char creator a go, just for fun. However, I've got a bad feeling about the result like everybody else here. From what I've seen, the Asian Sarah preset is probably the least ugly. We'll see. When worse comes to worse (which has never happened before) I'll drive the default Scott, he looks like a moron and with morons I'm pretty familiar with LOL

http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda/#article-comments

"As far as how it looks, I do think the environments look great. And we’ve seen that in Battlefield and Battlefront. But, uh, who’s the person at BioWare who insists on lighting their characters in the least flattering way possible? ‘Hey everyone, can we make sure the shadows really hug everyone’s jowls? The characters are looking far too attractive in this scene."

Impressions - first draft - 4 hours in

Annoyances (inconsistencies, bugs by design)

1. Saving - Sometimes the game will let you save but sometimes it will not and will instead enforce "checkpoint" autosaves. Basically it has two different modes of saving depending on if the game thinks you are doing a quest from the main quest line or a side quest. This is already bad but it is made worse by the fact that when in "checkpoints" mode the game doesn't let you know when it is autosaving. This is exactly the opposite of what you would expect. 

Also there is no quicksaving in the game at all.

2. Interacting with objects. For some reason the E key - the one about interacting, requires a long-press. All other buttons react immediately. This seems like something made simply to annoy the players.

3. Like all previous ME games and unlike all DA games the dialogue options do not have keyboard mapping. 

4. Scanning. Unlike other games, the scanning requires keyboard+mouse interactions in order to start/stop. For example the Witcher Sense needs only a right mouse button hold in order to be active. The search "ping" in DAI needs a simple button press. However in MEA in order to achieve the same result you need to press a button to show the scanner interface and then the mouse to actually scan. The main reason this is bad is because it mostly happens during exploration or fight and those scenes are really dynamic. The long E press and the cumbersome scanning controls simply break this dynamic. 

On the positive side - the scan is incorporated into the banter - the PC tells the other members of the party what the scanner reveals and they do comment on it. 

5. Hidden exploration hotspots. The pulsing and beeping hints about something important hidden around from DAI are returning in MEA. It was a bad idea then and it is a bad idea now - if you pretend to create an exploration experience and world building simply use them in order to give me clues where to search for important items. Don't rely on the game's user interface to do the world building for you.

Two more things about the interface:
1. It is not true that opening the map always requires several clicks. Simply press M.

2. Some people complain about the long space animations when exploring the galaxy map. (I'll leave this for a later post)

Does the game make sense?

Before going into detail about the logical/lore inconsistencies in the game I need to say that the water - ice thing seems to be fixed. According to the codex the Nexus needs "water ice" and not "water and ice" in order to function. While this still doesn't make sense at least it is not lying to the kids that water and ice are two completely different things.

However - in order to enjoy MEA you will need to suppress your feeling of common sense and logic and simply go with the flow accepting everything the game tells you at face value.

For example early on in the game there is an attempt to give a lore-based explanation about the gameplay mechanic change that the abilities are now grouped in "profiles" that can be changed on demand at any point instead of been part of the character creation. Based on the worst part of the original ME3 ending. It also wants you to believe that two teenagers running around been impressed by things like the existence of animals that can fly(!) can immediately solve the mystery of the alien race they encounter in the alien galaxy. But I'll get to that later. 

What the game makes clear early on is that it will not give an explanation about the reasons to travel to Andromeda. It will bombard you with chatter about the excitement of exploration instead, trying to make you forget how inconsistent with the trilogy it is. And it will try to appeal to your space-loving nature by making it abundantly clear that the Andromeda Initiative is based on the real life SpaceX and that there is a female representation of Elon Musk in the lore. And how cool is "to boldly go ..."

But is it a "Mass Effect game"?

Experiencing ME Andromeda - the animations, the dialogue, the world design, the atmosphere of the game I kept thinking about Star Wars and Clone Wars. MEA is definitely created as a teen version of the Mass Effect world. But I'll get back to this in a later post. 

Archived