Experience Point Reduction, defaults to 0 and the comments says that -1 (the other possible setting) disables so I'm unclear what this does

I use the default PO 1 day in prison (else it can get very tedious) so it would be good to allow experience loss for what should be the whole of the term, rather than actual time served in a future patch

Let's see,

When you set XP to 0 it will set your XP points for every skill in your current level to 0. XP show as a progress bar (under the skill points) for every skill in the skills menu.

Ok, I can expand the MCM option to when the days are set to -1 then the skills reduction will be applied no matter how long you serve.

Apologies Inte but I must be being a bit dense, here what does the Skill Slider do then (say if set to -10) will that remove additional xp in effect dropping the pc a level?

The skill slider will remove skill points. Say your Marksman is at 50 points, if the slider is set to -10 it will take that from Marksman skill making it 40.

So does the xp = 0 negate (or rather make redundant) the skill slider as it drops all skills?

If you can add the days -1 that'll be great and a handy way to help control levelling as well :)

Ok it's like this. (see pictures)

XP is the progress bar between skill points. In my example the alchemy is almost half-way (~42%) between 39 and 40.  With XP set to 0 it will make that bar go to 0%. It does not touch the points (in this case the 39) nor does it does drop your level XP, in my example Level 29.

Skill Point is the actual skill number, with that set at -10 it will take my 39 existing alchemy down to 29. Not working as intended yet, I have to find a different function for it.

Already did the -1 for days, just waiting to add more stuff before releasing patch 6a.

post-391319-0-50167300-1434582632_thumb.png

post-391319-0-51537500-1434582634_thumb.png

Thanks for the patches.

I've discovered some new bugs and problems if you kill the jailer on release and get captured again the mod seems to continue but without the jailer when you get put in the pillory the jailer is placed near the pillory but is dead. (Did the test in Solitude)

Don't think it is a good idea to have the jailer leave the prison ahead of the prisoner when you get released doesn't make sense why would the jailer make themselves a target.  Either that or the jailer has to be replaced if they are killed. 

The jailers are essential for that reason, so I'm not sure how your jailer died. :huh: Besides, why would you kill your jailer on release anyway, in fact why would you want to kill your jailer at all?  :-/

Who is targeting your jailers? You guys should be in a town on release. The only time the jailers started combat, in my experience was to defend their prisoner from others attacking. 

The jailer should always lead the prisoner, how else is the bound and helpless prisoner supposed to know where to go?

When you're paraded through the city can we make a women ringing a bell next you saying "shame" ever so often?

Ok, but aren't bells associated with joy?

Just one question: Is the timescale now working correctly?

In older versions the timescale option was working, but after beeing released the timescale was set back to 20 and not to the timescale befor beeing arrested. (in my case 8)

You know, I never looked at that, was never an issue for me.

Great patches, love them.

Thanks a lot for these! :)

NP. :blush:

When you're paraded through the city can we make a women ringing a bell next you saying "shame" ever so often?

NO...

just no...

or I'll go on a murder rampage... seriously...

I hate Cersei... but that bitch... no... the whole faith militant deserve the Meryn Trant treatment.

On a more serious topic.

The losing of skill points is for EVERY skill? as in i set it to -5 and i get -5 on every single skill, or just targets the highest one?

Thanks for the patches.

I've discovered some new bugs and problems if you kill the jailer on release and get captured again the mod seems to continue but without the jailer when you get put in the pillory the jailer is placed near the pillory but is dead. (Did the test in Solitude)

Don't think it is a good idea to have the jailer leave the prison ahead of the prisoner when you get released doesn't make sense why would the jailer make themselves a target.  Either that or the jailer has to be replaced if they are killed. 

The jailers are essential for that reason, so I'm not sure how your jailer died. :huh: Besides, why would you kill your jailer on release anyway, in fact why would you want to kill your jailer at all?  :-/

Who is targeting your jailers? You guys should be in a town on release. The only time the jailers started combat, in my experience was to defend their prisoner from others attacking. 

The jailer should always lead the prisoner, how else is the bound and helpless prisoner supposed to know where to go?

I'm using requiem which allows you to set essential players unessential one of several mods that allow you to do this. So I didn't realize they were normally essential. 

In an adventure game why kill the npc that has been torturing your character for days? I'm sure I'm not the first one to roleplay and think of this or try this,  have you seen "The Count of Monte Cristo" lol.  But to explain Yes the jailer was outside of Solitude but if you only hit the jailer with your fist the gaurds regard it as a fist fight and don't react. After that, simply run away let the jailer chase you out of sight of the gaurds and attack them with a weapon what ended up happening is a foresworn ended up killing the jailer and  I didn't exactly come running to their aid.

Anyhow I still don't see the purpose of the jailer leaving before you leave and waltzing around in front of you upon release. I realize this was part of the original mod and hoped it was something that might be changed and mentioned it as a as a helpful observation of something that might be addressed.  Hope this explains it and thanks again for the work you put in for the fixes.

Thanks for the patches.

I'm using requiem which allows you to set essential players unessential one of several mods that allow you to do this. So I didn't realize they were normally essential. 

In an adventure game why kill the npc that has been torturing your character for days? I'm sure I'm not the first one to roleplay and think of this or try this,  have you seen "The Count of Monte Cristo" lol.  But to explain Yes the jailer was outside of Solitude but if you only hit the jailer with your fist the gaurds regard it as a fist fight and don't react. After that, simply run away let the jailer chase you out of sight of the gaurds and attack them with a weapon what ended up happening is a foresworn ended up killing the jailer and  I didn't exactly come running to their aid.

Anyhow I still don't see the purpose of the jailer leaving before you leave and waltzing around in front of you upon release. I realize this was part of the original mod and hoped it was something that might be changed and mentioned it as a as a helpful observation of something that might be addressed.  Hope this explains it and thanks again for the work you put in for the fixes.

In an adventure game why kill the npc that has been torturing your character for days?

:D why indeed.

The way I look at it is, I was kind of getting what was coming to me. The jailer wouldn't do anything to me if I were a law abiding citizen. I never even attacked the jailer, just like I was never upset with Herran (from CD) for punishing me, I know he's just following Master's orders.

And please don't kill your jailer, he/she is just doing the job the Jarl hired them to do. :P

... have you seen "The Count of Monte Cristo" lol ...

Yeap seen both movies and read the book. Alexandre Dumbass (couldn't resist) did very good with that one. ;)

Difference is the prisoner there was innocent. I'd be killing everybody too if I was thrown in jail for no good reason. I made sure that does not happen in PO, and so did @xaz.  

Anyhow I still don't see the purpose of the jailer leaving before you leave and waltzing around in front of you upon release. I realize this was part of the original mod and hoped it was something that might be changed and mentioned it as a as a helpful observation of something that might be addressed. Hope this explains it and thanks again for the work you put in for the fixes.

The jailer should not leave before you do, the jailer should just lead you to the release point and well ... release you, then he/she will just go about their business. I don't see anything wrong with that so I will not change it.

You are very welcome! :blush:

NO...

just no...

or I'll go on a murder rampage... seriously...

I hate Cersei... but that bitch... no... the whole faith militant deserve the Meryn Trant treatment.

On a more serious topic.

The losing of skill points is for EVERY skill? as in i set it to -5 and i get -5 on every single skill, or just targets the highest one?

:P

Agreed, ... and I'll join you.

Right now is for every single skill, IDK I'm open to suggestions.

Targeting the highest skill ... hmm ... now that's an idea. IDK.  

I play it with INeed and enabled Ale and bred. I get this after each sex act xD. Once or twice a day should be enough.^^ The prison i testet was in Morthal but i think it is in the others too.

I had to youse the console that the guard arrest me because when i tell him i submit i get the cuffs and the other stuff and the guard attack me.

This happens when the bounty is a little higher .

Thanks for the patches.

In an adventure game why kill the npc that has been torturing your character for days?

The way I look at it is, I was kind of getting what was coming to me. The jailer wouldn't do anything to me if I were a law abiding citizen. I never even attacked the jailer, just like I was never upset with Herran (from CD) for punishing me, I know he's just following Master's orders.

And please don't kill your jailer, he/she is just doing the job the Jarl hired them to do. :P

Yeap seen both movies and read the book. Alexandre Dumbass (couldn't resist) did very good with that one. ;)

Difference is the prisoner there was innocent. I'd be killing everybody too if I was thrown in jail for no good reason. I made sure that does not happen in PO, and so did @xaz.  

Anyhow I still don't see the purpose of the jailer leaving before you leave and waltzing around in front of you upon release. I realize this was part of the original mod and hoped it was something that might be changed and mentioned it as a as a helpful observation of something that might be addressed. Hope this explains it and thanks again for the work you put in for the fixes.

The jailer should not leave before you do, the jailer should just lead you to the release point and well ... release you, then he/she will just go about their business. I don't see anything wrong with that so I will not change it.

lol, actually the jailer appeared after leaving the city. And I simply cannot resist, and calling it your job don't make it right, (in Count of Monte Cristo one could argue the jailer was only doing their job also) I'm afraid if they present themselves before me I'm going to have to go after them just for the cruel punishment alone, lol.  Anyhew I guess we just have to agree to disagree.  :)

Thanks for the patches.

lol, actually the jailer appeared after leaving the city. And I simply cannot resist, and calling it your job don't make it right, (in Count of Monte Cristo one could argue the jailer was only doing their job also) I'm afraid if they present themselves before me I'm going to have to go after them just for the cruel punishment alone, lol.  Anyhew I guess we just have to agree to disagree.  :)

Ha, right. ;)

I have just logged in here after about a week, and I find my username posted up with update six...  Didn't even think anyone saw my request...  I may or may not have teared up while simultaniously giggling with glee.  Such a minor addittion, but it makes me happy.  Thank you Inte.  You are my favorite scripter/modder/uploader on LL.  Thank you again.  :heart:

I had a moment to test with a 2 day stint in jail with xp  =0 and sp =-10

The arithmetical part works fine, all the xp dropped back to zero and all the skills lost 10 levels, the thing that didn't change though was the pc overall level which remained at level 29 (nearly at 30 in this case). This creates a bit of a disparity particularly with lower level characters, as they could potentially find all their skills at zero, but still have a much higher level which would result in having higher levelled enemies. In effect the pc level and skill ability will become decoupled.

Basically it needs to reverse the console command player.incpcs (skill) so that the pc level drops to match the skill loss, to avoid the pc running into enemies which are way above their own reduced level (hope that makes sense)

I had a moment to test with a 2 day stint in jail with xp  =0 and sp =-10

The arithmetical part works fine, all the xp dropped back to zero and all the skills lost 10 levels, the thing that didn't change though was the pc overall level which remained at level 29 (nearly at 30 in this case). This creates a bit of a disparity particularly with lower level characters, as they could potentially find all their skills at zero, but still have a much higher level which would result in having higher levelled enemies. In effect the pc level and skill ability will become decoupled.

Basically it needs to reverse the console command player.incpcs (skill) so that the pc level drops to match the skill loss, to avoid the pc running into enemies which are way above their own reduced level (hope that makes sense)

Yeap, I kinda noticed that too, :-/ still looking for a function/command that will address that.

Right now I am using something like this to modify the skill points that obviously isn't working as intended.

ElseIf (iStage == 3) ;Mod skill points stage
	If ((Prisoner.GetActorValue(Skill) + fSkillPoints) >= 0.0)
		;Prisoner.ModActorValue(Skill, fSkillPoints); does work but I get skills in red 
		Prisoner.DamageActorValue(Skill, fSkillPoints)
	Else
		Prisoner.ForceActorValue(Skill, 0.0)
	EndIf
	iStage = 4

I'll start looking on CK wiki to see if I can find a different function than "DamageActorValue".  

The XP bar does work.

I have just logged in here after about a week, and I find my username posted up with update six...  Didn't even think anyone saw my request...  I may or may not have teared up while simultaniously giggling with glee.  Such a minor addittion, but it makes me happy.  Thank you Inte.  You are my favorite scripter/modder/uploader on LL.  Thank you again.  :heart:

NP, :blush:

Ideas are always welcome. :P

Yeap, I kinda noticed that too, :-/ still looking for a function/command that will address that.

Right now I am using something like this to modify the skill points that obviously isn't working as intended.

Else
	EndIf
	iStage = 4

I'll start looking on CK wiki to see if I can find a different function than "DamageActorValue".  

The XP bar does work.

It does work as the skills drop, the bit that's missing is somehow feeding the changes back into the pc level.

I remember when doing a bit of testing of College Days Winterhold using the console command incpcs to increase skills which automatically increased the pc level as well as each threshold was met. Ideally what you need is the reverse of this so that the game takes care of it rather than the mod, but it may be wishful thinking as I don't recall Bethesda having a routine for a level drain.

EDIT: Just a thought on the xp=0 following on from the above, does that get decoupled as well. For example if a pc was one 1 xp away from the next level would the reset down to 0 mean the pc would have to regain all the xp or would it still award the next level after the 1 xp was gained. I don't know if Skyrim calculates the level on the fly or whether it's stored in separate variables which would need reducing as well (or maybe it already does)

Else
	EndIf
	iStage = 4

The XP bar does work.

It does work as the skills drop, the bit that's missing is somehow feeding the changes back into the pc level.

I remember when doing a bit of testing of College Days Winterhold using the console command incpcs to increase skills which automatically increased the pc level as well as each threshold was met. Ideally what you need is the reverse of this so that the game takes care of it rather than the mod, but it may be wishful thinking as I don't recall Bethesda having a routine for a level drain.

EDIT: Just a thought on the xp=0 following on from the above, does that get decoupled as well. For example if a pc was one 1 xp away from the next level would the reset down to 0 mean the pc would have to regain all the xp or would it still award the next level after the 1 xp was gained. I don't know if Skyrim calculates the level on the fly or whether it's stored in separate variables which would need reducing as well (or maybe it already does)

Once the skill XP bar is set to 0% it will have to be built back to 100% before gaining a skill point.

Else
	EndIf
	iStage = 4

The XP bar does work.

Once the skill XP bar is set to 0% it will have to be built back to 100% before gaining a skill point.

I found out that after my skills drop, when it comes to assigning perks, the old skill value still shows up and counts. The same when I do e.g. some enchanting, the old skill value shows up on the bottom right. Sort of confusing, having effectively two values for each skill, I hope you can somehow improve the mechanism. For me the second most annoying thing about vanilla Skyrim is the insane rate one advances skills and levels, being able to counteract this with my favourite mod would be so great.

Else
	EndIf
	iStage = 4

The XP bar does work.

I found out that after my skills drop, when it comes to assigning perks, the old skill value still shows up and counts. The same when I do e.g. some enchanting, the old skill value shows up on the bottom right. Sort of confusing, having effectively two values for each skill, I hope you can somehow improve the mechanism. For me the second most annoying thing about vanilla Skyrim is the insane rate one advances skills and levels, being able to counteract this with my favourite mod would be so great.

I also noticed that, Bethesda did not make dealing with skills all that easy, still looking for a different solution or as you say, improve it somehow.

What about when you gain a skill point? Does it get added in both places?  

Couple questions:

Do i need a clean update for last patch?

Would be possible to include release date on Forum Topic?

Ty a lot.

No clean update necessary, but resetting PO from MCM is highly recommended.

Release date, yes that is a good idea actually. But which format? EU, or US?

One minor aesthetic issue, the prison cell in Windhelm is so small that the

guard can't reliably stand in a reasonable location when whipping the player;

the net result is that whip marks don't always show up.  It would probably work

better if they whipped you in the main room. It's a pretty cool mod; thanks for

working on it.

Else
	EndIf
	iStage = 4

The XP bar does work.

I also noticed that, Bethesda did not make dealing with skills all that easy, still looking for a different solution or as you say, improve it somehow.

A skill increase affects both values. I now played around with the console a bit. If I use "getavinfo", it gives me the base skill value, temporary modifiers, permanent modifiers, and damage. The base value is the one unmodified by PO, the PO modifier shows up as "damage". There seem to be several console commands to modify this, using them I found out that permanent modifier and damage seem to have exactly the same effect, except that damage does not highlight the skill value red or green. I see in the script above that you use damageactorvalue. If you change it with something like setactorvalue (console command is setav), you don't add a damage modifier but change the base value directly. This should remove this problem with two different values. However it also does not affect level xp in any way (even increasing the value does nothing). I'm not a modder or expert on such things at all, so please treat what I write with care.

Couple questions:

Do i need a clean update for last patch?

Would be possible to include release date on Forum Topic?

Ty a lot.

No clean update necessary, but resetting PO from MCM is highly recommended.

Release date, yes that is a good idea actually. But which format? EU, or US?

Any would do...

Its just when i read the title PO 0.33 Patches for some reason seems an old version and i forget to check for updates.

Else
	EndIf
	iStage = 4

The XP bar does work.

A skill increase affects both values. I now played around with the console a bit. If I use "getavinfo", it gives me the base skill value, temporary modifiers, permanent modifiers, and damage. The base value is the one unmodified by PO, the PO modifier shows up as "damage". There seem to be several console commands to modify this, using them I found out that permanent modifier and damage seem to have exactly the same effect, except that damage does not highlight the skill value red or green. I see in the script above that you use damageactorvalue. If you change it with something like setactorvalue (console command is setav), you don't add a damage modifier but change the base value directly. This should remove this problem with two different values. However it also does not affect level xp in any way (even increasing the value does nothing). I'm not a modder or expert on such things at all, so please treat what I write with care.

Yeap, "setactorvalue" works perfectly, made the change for 6a, thanks. :blush:

I will look into changing the level XP, and perhaps the level as well. It's fairly easy to increase your stats, not so much to decrease them.

If all else fails I will ask M'aiq; he knows many things.

I just tried to run this with the Zaz animation pack 6.06 patch and after I create a new character I'm getting an error window saying Zaz is too old or can't be found.

6.04 works fine, so it's probably a glitch in version checking. If I play on despite the error message, will PO still work?

I'm running PO and  ZaZ AP 6.06 with no problems, it is on a old save though, not sure why a new game/character is giving you that error.

Does it work on an old save?