Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Modding

AwfulArchdemon

The game doesn't properly map with Xbox controllers... that's pretty fucked up. You can't map the triggers and your start button is stuck to the right analog stick.

Team Ninja PLZ!

Also these files have everyone stumped... looks like modding won't come as soon as we thought :(

?

My 360 controller works fine, and buttons be mapped in Controls>Custom. I can map my triggers.

Are you using a wired or wireless pad? I'm using a wired Hori 360 pad and I can't map the triggers... the game is actually reading start and select as the trigger buttons. Lots of others have this problem too.

My PS3 Mad Catz stick works just fine though

LOL, yeah, I got that wonky mapping for my Logitec controller as well. It's a blunt indication of what this port is all about.

Well, as for the files, yeah, they are wired differently, I was hoping playing around with the physics would be as easy as tuning an .ini file, but they're never that easy, are they? :)

Well, hopefully we'll hear something from someone within a week. I mean for god's sake, console versions managed to get modded, how can this be any different... right?... Riiight?  :s

Bad News:

Dead or Alive 5's Steam release proves terrible PC ports still exist http://www.pcworld.com/article/2903539/dead-or-alive-5s-steam-release-proves-terrible-pc-ports-are-still-a-thing.html

If you think that sounds bad wait until you actually try playing it. :lol:

I'm considering asking for a refund. Should've got one when everyone else did but had some faith. That faith was NOT rewarded. They'll have to give DOA 6 out for free to make it up to all owners of this game.

Well, what can I say that hasn't been said yet? I am pretty disappointed.

The really only thing that the PC version has going for it is the AntiAliasing. In every other category, the PS4/XBox1 Versions are superior.

And before you come screaming "But... but... it has 4k support!"...

4k doesn't do you any good if the particle effects and texture resolution are from a bygone era (read: low res).

Oh, btw. the "Soft Engine" does more than just provide skin shaders and boob jiggle. Under the hood, it is far more efficient than the previous engine (some say nearly 30%) and it supports more advanced methods of texture streaming, memory allocation etc.. (Think the difference between DX9 and DX11.) Why do you think the 2 new stages aren't in? Because they do not run on the old engine. ;)

Around the time the new consoles were released, some dev (I think it was one from the Ryse team, but not too sure anymore) said that a properly coded XBox1 game could be ported to PC by a 5-man team within 1 week becasue the architectures were so damn close.

I have no idea if that is actually true, and what exactly "properly coded" means, but sure as hell TN did their best to not put any sensible effort into this one.

I mean, what the blazing heavens have they been doing all this time? Why take an old-gen version (Arcade) and try to hodgepodge it with some features from other consoles if you simply could do a straight XB1 (or PS4) port?

Why put in more work than necessary (meaning also more money than necessary because of more manhours needed)?

I swear, those crazy lunatics think in ways I simply cannot follow.

My suggestion:

If you already have another version of DOA5, and especially DOA5:LR on either PS4 or XBox1, do not by this for PC. It is wasted money.

If you already have another version of DOA5, and especially DOA5:LR on either PS4 or XBox1, do not by this for PC. It is wasted money.

Very well said. I haven't had DoA5 or DoA5:U so I did buy this - somewhat also somewhat hoping for the modding community to do miracles.

But with the state the game and the overall opinion towards it; I feel it won't attract alot of modders to put alot of work into it. :/ Time will tell.

Oh well.. 

At least she still kicks high. 

(Referring to a hilarious DoA3 TV AD:

)

The really only thing that the PC version has going for it is the AntiAliasing. In every other category, the PS4/XBox1 Versions are superior.

And before you come screaming "But... but... it has 4k support!"...

4k doesn't do you any good if the particle effects and texture resolution are from a bygone era (read: low res).

Oh, btw. the "Soft Engine" does more than just provide skin shaders and boob jiggle. Under the hood, it is far more efficient than the previous engine (some say nearly 30%) and it supports more advanced methods of texture streaming, memory allocation etc.. (Think the difference between DX9 and DX11.) Why do you think the 2 new stages aren't in? Because they do not run on the old engine. ;)

Around the time the new consoles were released, some dev (I think it was one from the Ryse team, but not too sure anymore) said that a properly coded XBox1 game could be ported to PC by a 5-man team within 1 week becasue the architectures were so damn close.

I have no idea if that is actually true, and what exactly "properly coded" means, but sure as hell TN did their best to not put any sensible effort into this one.

I mean, what the blazing heavens have they been doing all this time? Why take an old-gen version (Arcade) and try to hodgepodge it with some features from other consoles if you simply could do a straight XB1 (or PS4) port?

Why put in more work than necessary (meaning also more money than necessary because of more manhours needed)?

I swear, those crazy lunatics think in ways I simply cannot follow.

My suggestion:

They did take the path of least resistance. Because as similar as the XB1 and PC architecture might be, the arcade architecture is even closer to that of the PC. The arcade version is basically running on a PC already. I do wish they had just ported the XB1 version over instead, though.

At any rate, I'm quite satisfied with the PC version. It's a noticeable improvement over my 360 version of DOA5 in both graphics and performance, so I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on your last point.

hmm, some say its fine, others seem to hate it.

Since I don't own a console of any sort, and would love to play this game, as I said, I'll probably buy it as soon as I can afford it.

Anxiously waiting for Archdemon's comprehensive review!    but not anxious enough that I don't want you to have some fun playing it, take your time!  :D

Anxiously waiting for Archdemon's comprehensive review!  

Comprehensive Review

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

NOTE: I never played Ultimate! This is the first DOA I've played since DOA5 on 360.

• Gameplay - As far as game mechanics go, the game is as solid as ever. No crashes and no freezes. The fighting stays strong the whole way through. However, You may experience a bit of lag on stages with lots of background explosions and general chaos. I have gotten some lag during hectic scenes, using a GeForce GTX 650ti with my Alienware i7 6G RAM, with all settings at max. Still, no crash, and it didn't mess me up or anything.

• Fun - Fun? It's DOA! Damn right it's fun! I had a blast playing it every moment. It's difficult for me to choose a favorite this time. It was Lei Fang, but I'm learning everyone, so I have yet to decide if she keeps the torch.

• Graphics - The graphics on PC are good, but not amazing. You can still see a bit of the flaws in textures that DOA5 had, but they have seen some improvement. Not necessarily great graphics for a PC game, but honestly, better than I expected, with all I've read before the game was released. I cannot say the graphics have disappointed me, nor can I rave about how amazing the game looks. I am happy, though. That's refreshing, since I thought I was going to be heavily disappointed.

• Advancement - The game has seen little improvement since DOA5. The graphics are better on PC with 4k graphics and Anti-Aliasing of course, but if they weren't, it would be embarrassing. I notice an improvement, but not a big one. They are better, and that's good. 

Improvement on fighting mechanics? They have remained exactly the same. Combos haven't seen changes, which some may say is bad. I am just glad I don't have to re-learn the combos. Of course they seem a bit smoother with the addition of AA and 4k.

There are some new features, such as Paradise Movies and Breast Motion settings, and new Training modes. I don't know if those were in DOA Ultimate, as I didn't have that game (haven't played Xbox 360 since I got a PC).

Many more costumes and outfits have been added, and some stages, and Halloween themed clothing and stages are pretty great, in my opinion. Christmas costumes are there too, and I use them more often than I'd like to admit.

• Console/PC comparison - Console has been given exclusive use of The Soft Engine, which, as we all know, adds more natural jiggles to breasts, a more natural look to skin textures, and an overall boost to graphics in general. The PC has been given 4k textures, Anti-Aliasing, and of course...moddability. No tool was released to modders (very unsurprising), but as you may have noticed above, while I was sleeping, the first night after the game's release, there is already a nude mod made for DOA5LR.

Therefore, I would honestly say the 2 are EQUAL BY COMPARISON. You heard me, haters! They are equal, all things considered. Not by design, but by potential. Mods can transform a game to something incredible, and that's what is going to happen. I would rather have the PC version, since I am a modder. B)

• Overall - The actual score I will give the game no longer takes into account the difference between the PS4 version and the PC version. I have dubbed them equals. That said, I give the newest PC release of Dead or Alive 5: Last Round a.........

• 7/10

• ...and, my Badass Seal of Approval! (Angry Joe style!) Do you like DOA> Then you have no good reason not to get the PC version! Don't let everything be decided by the Soft Engine and 2 stages. PC was released with some free stuff I really like, and.....mods! :lol: 

The game is too fun to give it some low score just because PC does not have the Soft Engine, and improvements have been made, and new features have been added. PC is missing 2 new stages. This is true, but the game does have new stages. Let's let PS4 have it's engine and stages, while we continue to mod the hell out of the game, and turn it into something PS4 users will buy a PC over. ;)

If it needs to be said, this is NOT just some shitty port. It's a full-blown PC game, even if the game originated from the arcade version. I was pleasantly surprised in every way when I turned the game on, due to the many complaints about how terrible the game was going to be. It is not terrible. I repeat, the PC version is not terrible!

I have not played much of the Story yet, but I started it, and since the newcomers appear to have have been integrated into the Story, I have high hopes. I like this game, people. I will probably not sleep tonight, and it's entirely because this game is fun as hell.

"When a game won't let me sleep, it was well worth the money".<--   AwfulArchdemon - 3/31/15

Got one of the mods (the only one) didn't take many screenshots, as i'm not too into Momiji.

game_2015_03_31_10_59_53_641.jpg

game_2015_03_31_11_00_28_308.jpg

http://www.lustfulillumination.com/nudemods/momiji-topless/

Here's a download link for a defeat animation vid with the Momiji skin. You know, for quality research purposes:

http://www.filedropper.com/tianlongbabu03312015-17382830

Edit: It's around 180mb If I remember correctly. The site fails to show the size for some reason..

(Heh, no idea why Shadowplay named it Tian Long Ba Bu)

Was going to upload a few gifs and share them here, but they came out much too large to be uploaded anywhere and didn't yet make a dailymotion account, so a download will have to do. Did test download it after uploading and seemed to work ok, although the hosting site is new to me.. (So dunno how long it'll stay there or if theres a download limit).

I think that's a great start for things to come. Good job, lustful

How To Add The Nude Mod: Part 1

Download Umod

Run it.

You need to click Main, and click Use global hook.

post-111270-0-30152800-1427823202_thumb.jpg

post-111270-0-03520800-1427823205_thumb.jpg

In the same menu as Use global hook, you'll see Add game. Add the game.exe by simply navigating to it and double-clicking the executable file.

Run the game through Steam, NOT Umod. Minimize the screen if you are in full-screen by pressing ALT+TAB (should have no negative side-effects on the game).

Then, have your folder with the nude mod extracted Open, and drag n' drop the files to the big open white space undr the text, where you see 2 example mods. This will show a new box saying Single Textures. Right-click somewhere in the same open white space (don't click the mod or anything else at all, just the open space), and choose Update (reload).

post-111270-0-61303700-1427823208_thumb.jpg

post-111270-0-79746800-1427823209_thumb.jpg

Then, maximize the game again, and go look at Momji's later outfits. You'll notice it pretty quickly. It will look like my screenie in my last post.

Play!

Archived