[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

1 hour ago, landess said:

What kind of reductions in size did you see (ballpark) and has it made a difference in the game play for you?

I wasn't sure what to expect but here is what I found so far...

I expected to point to a specific save folder and the program would do it's thing but i have to choose the individual files to clean.

It only reads *nhd files within any save folder to clean.

Which is fine, if the .nhd files are all that matter. Though the largest file is the TravelDB.package which I admit I have no clue what that is for.

Here is a screen cap (in the spoiler) of the current save game I am playing. It is cluttered with worlds as it is the first playthrough of World Adventures and ITF.

It reduced each .nhd file to some degree but mainly my current location Oasis Landing by about 50%. 

The sim portrait(s) took a while to regenerate, same for the portraits in the friends tab panel. 

It kept my photos in the camera(s) and the memories, which I delete most of them manually when I want.

I didn't notice any kind of improvement with game play but I may notice it more so in another save. I too get that stutter after about 5 to 6 weeks

of a sims existence. The stuttering usually stops after a sim day or two but it is a drag when it happens. 

Perhaps I don't notice any game play improvement because ITF has been buggy most of the time.

People walk around with Zzzz's coming out of their head after waking up and other strange things, mostly stuck sims and bad path finding.

Spoiler

save cleaner.png

7 hours ago, James2112 said:

TravelDB.package

If you click on it and choose s3pe when prompted as to what you want to open the file, you can see inside. The same as the NHD files. I don't know what can open the DAT and DATA files, or if there is a reason to.

The various world "Export DB" files contain SIMO's (Sim Outfits) of various sims in that world, as well as other reference files that I believe are for some objects.

Travel DB contains SIME's (Sim Export) files, which are all the information for a sim, including which outfits they wear, as well as object info and more image files. I believe the images are redundant photos, selfies, memories, prom pics and other images. Deleting them removes them from inventory, family inventory, memory book, etc.

Now, of course make a BACK UP if you try this, but I have completely deleted all of the DB packages and not found any ill effects as yet. They seem to regenerate, just as a cache package does, when you travel to that world again. Even customized sims seem to regenerate. TravelDB regenerates with your family wherever they are. As I said, I am experimenting with doing this!!!

9 minutes ago, mariabrkc said:

how to sell drugs in criminal hideout ?

I've been populating Brooklyn Heights, but I can go into a test world, add a criminal hideout and then use MC to give a sim the required skills to start making drugs. I know certain drugs weren't recognized by KW for selling - namely Blue Sky, but I've had the option to sell the others (never tried Cannabis - just sold that through inventory).

Not sure if Traits/Profession makes a difference besides needing to have a 'quantity'.

Screenshot-695.jpg.47757925ecea792447760521e3d498fd.jpg

1 hour ago, mariabrkc said:

they always reject it

This was discussed a while ago. I think the issue was either quality, quantity or both. Try using the search bar, that may come up.

1 hour ago, mariabrkc said:

they always reject it

Bah! I give up. I can't even get an option to sell now....

I made Simoiine - Had 8 batches/80 pills to sell. Nothing! Upped the Sims skills in Logic and Science from the minimum 5 to max 10 in both to help the quality. Tried again with 8 batches/80 pills of nice or better quality - still no option to sell. Joined the criminal career, added the evil trait, stood outside and clicked on both the lot ground and building. Entered the building both as employee and as a visitor. Clicked on the Icon from map view. NOTHING has given me the option to attempt a sale.

Don't know if there is a hidden flag for having to have used drugs, or anything else at this point. All I know is all that testing is starting to give me a headache. I already 'gave-up' on the concept of making drugs for a living when I could NOT get an option to sell Blue Sky on my Breaking Bad saves as I only got a options to sell Simoiine. Now I can't even get any options for that either. Who knows if the test world needs specific buildings besides a criminal hideout. I even placed a Criminal Rabbithole Rug down - NADA!

This is why if something from KW works - then fine... if it doesn't - I move on. Buggy ass shit. Who knows if it's even because I started using a newer build?

>>>> If anyone gets drug selling to the criminal hideout to work, if they would give a comprehensive description of their experience: KW Build, town/world, drugs sold, quantity/quality. Status of the Sim making the deal: Employment status, traits, skills, ANYTHING they can think of besides - "yeah, I sold drugs....".

I'm done wasting time on this again. Good Luck to those pursuing it.

Screenshot-262.jpg.22720544621d0f1c10bf0681005a11aa.jpg

59 minutes ago, landess said:

I give up.

Running brothels is soooooooooooooooo much easier! Buy a bar, set up a bed in the back, hire a whore and go watch TV!!!

The pic you posted is why I had asked Lucas and Clydie about animations to masturbate on sleeping sims to be used for passed out sims, but they said the mod won't recognize it. ((((

5 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

If you click on it and choose s3pe when prompted as to what you want to open the file, you can see inside. The same as the NHD files. I don't know what can open the DAT and DATA files, or if there is a reason to.

The various world "Export DB" files contain SIMO's (Sim Outfits) of various sims in that world, as well as other reference files that I believe are for some objects.

Travel DB contains SIME's (Sim Export) files, which are all the information for a sim, including which outfits they wear, as well as object info and more image files. I believe the images are redundant photos, selfies, memories, prom pics and other images. Deleting them removes them from inventory, family inventory, memory book, etc.

Now, of course make a BACK UP if you try this, but I have completely deleted all of the DB packages and not found any ill effects as yet. They seem to regenerate, just as a cache package does, when you travel to that world again. Even customized sims seem to regenerate. TravelDB regenerates with your family wherever they are. As I said, I am experimenting with doing this!!!

Thanks for that info. I will open some up and see what I can work out.

It is funny perhaps but one thing that bothers me is the kinky selfies that townies wind up sending.

At some point (maybe after traveling) the selfies, and I think all other photos, become blank.

I'll make note of any changes that occur in the save files when travelling and see if I can pinpoint why that is.

I spend a lot of time trying to control npc's.

For example, my sim takes photos of certain npcs for the photography challenges, and upload the kinky ones via the phone (make forum post), to 

see if they then advance their exhibition skill and get offered the modelling career... which doesn't ever seem to happen. 

Basically, do anything I can think of to have a npc become a selfie model without assigning it through debug or MC or whatnot.

One of many things I spend too much time doing seeing if I can manipulate the town to be more... autonomously involved lol.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

Running brothels is soooooooooooooooo much easier! Buy a bar, set up a bed in the back, hire a whore and go watch TV!!!

The pic you posted is why I had asked Lucas and Clydie about animations to masturbate on sleeping sims to be used for passed out sims, but they said the mod won't recognize it. ((((

My brothel run was funny but the bed hardly ever got used. They would just do it right there on the floor, on a chair, a couch, the front lobby, the bathroom, the front lawn... but the bed in a nice private bedroom? nope. ?

1 hour ago, James2112 said:

photos, become blank.

Not from any travel that I have done. Possibly from cleaning a save and removing img files. That is the only thing I know of that makes the pics blank. And it seems there are multiple, at least two sets of pics. One in the TravelDB and another set in the home world. and I think pics get regenerated in each new world your sims go to. So, selfies received in home world, travel to France and end up in that part of the save, then to Bridgeport, or to Oasis Landing, etc. Same with Snap imgs. That's what clogs everything.

Yes, the bed is hardly ever used! Made a nice vampire bar in Moonlight Falls with a fun room and two bedrooms on the second floor. They just dance all night, then solicit a customer and head to the toilet!

The other that I do is to buy a second house, build FemmeBots, equip them with sexbot and cleaner trait chips (have to keep the brothel clean), hire them as whores, use Master Controller to add the FemmeBots to the lot, and done.

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me with this problem that i have:

I have played a family with parents and 2 children. When the fist child became a teenager there was this weird message popping up that something went wrong, it isnt the fault of KW and they try to fix it. Then i got messages, that kw createt new outfits. But the weirdest thing was, that my teenager didn't  get her 4th thrait. There was no popup letting me choose one. And when i tried to set the 4th one with the master controller it didnt get transfered to the sim.

I set up all the nraas mods as the fist post says, so i don't know whats the problem here.

As soon as i unistalled the KW Mod, everything worked fine again, but there are so many features that i like about this mod.

Does someone know how to fix this porblem?

2 hours ago, Mrs_Salvatore said:

Does someone know how to fix this porblem?

Honestly? In my opinion, it is KW getting involved in things it never needed to be involved with. I say this a lot! I believe it messes with outfits because of school uniforms, and some other career outfits. I have absolutely no clue as to why Oniki has code for age up. There is a tuning option in the interactions menu that says you can turn off KW age up. It may or may not actually work. Also, there is an "Outfit Manager" option, I think in Global Settings.

A couple of days ago, my sims' daughter aged up to teen. I got the same messages as you and she was a dwarf. Then Han Solo's message popped up... "It not my fault"....

I just fix them in CAS and reset the sim.

3 hours ago, Mrs_Salvatore said:

When the fist child became a teenager there was this weird message popping up that something went wrong, it isnt the fault of KW

I play with aging off myself, and avoid many of the problems the game and mods seem to generate. Unfortunately I miss out on part of the 'charm' the Sims games offer this way but then I don't have to continuously take my sims into CAST to fix them at every age up.

I seem to remember past  comments about problems with Sims when they change age states but nothing comes to mind about traits. If this is an isolated case I have a suggestion:

Go back to a save before they age up - take them into CAS and change their age to a teen and make all the selections - trait, clothes, whatever. Save the Sim template in the CAS Sim bin. Now return that sim back to it's original age, and see if the change 'holds' when they do age up. If not, take them into CAS and now apply that saved sim template and return to live play and see if it took.....   The only other thing I might try would be the same thing but return to live play one time as a teen before returning them to CAS for 'saving'. I've had trouble aging children to teens myself, but that was a symptom of using NRaas to do this while aging is turned off. Apparently when a Sim ages up, Certain 'genetics' (traits, slider settings, hair color, etc.) are applied to a new Sim the game rolls while other stuff like clothing, etc. are purged from the sims record. Because the difference between some ages isn't as severe, the game can handle those changes being made through NRaas I guess? But child to teen has ALWAYS been an issue for me if I leave Aging OFF and do it manually.

An example of some of this would be skills - A sim will learn some as they grow up, and this affects Sim/object interaction. Because of the age restrictions applied to this stuff, the game must set flags for the Sim use. If one opens up the NRaas/MC/Advanced/Set skill level - they will see a list of skills, many which won't apply to an 'adult' yet are still listed, like learn to walk, ballet dancing, etc.

Now if a household has a child, I turn aging on - tell the game to have that sim 'age transition' now, and when it's over, I return the settings to aging off. Since you are obviously playing with aging on, my information is more for noting the Sims 3 age change from child to teen seems to carry certain problems which aren't consistent, and this makes it hard to pin down what the real issue is.

Can you turn KW 'off' (save settings) age up the child and then turn it back on (apply settings)? I realize this would cause issues if one is using certain KW features though like Brothels, Kinky Schools, etc. yet I'm trying to think of solutions.....

Did you try taking the Teen with the missing trait into CAS and age it up to a young adult - give it ALL the traits, go live for a second, then return to CAS and drop the age back to a teen? The game should pick a trait to drop leaving you with the proper amount. How you handle which traits remain are up to you, but at this point I'm just trying to get the proper amount of trait slots working.

When you say you used Master Controller to set the trait, did you try going into CAS and use the 'choose traits' at all, or just menu selection while 'live' in game?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unfortunately game file corruption is a way of life - especially when modding a game. Sometimes objects/scripts just cause issues and I've seen this with a variety of things which seem to happen regardless of actions I've taken to prevent it - like there is a thing called FATE and it is real.....

You can 'roleplay' this child sim to have been in some kind of accident and now has amnesia or whatever and replace it with a new Sim, using NRaas/MC to add it to the family (add parent/child). It not perfect, but then it's just a game that we're breaking by using mods and need to approach it with that in mind.

>>> Personally I find that using HTML to control much of the game/mod somewhat disturbing when one thinks of programmers and coding.

Curious if anyone has experimented much with the 'Zombie Apocalypse' settings?

Been rewatching the 1st couple seasons of 'The Walking Dead' (crazy ass soap opera) and since am always thinking about new themes for the worlds I play, was hoping for some possible input before I go wild trying to represent show characters and 'build' the world (households).

If it works like I 'hope', then there's a possibility of using some of the mods which allow 'killing' sims like that 'teddy bear' but obviously there are others which also do the same thing. I would 'assume' the apocalypse feature would be zombification by sex/rape and possibly not limited by a full moon. This could indeed allow all inactives to eventually become zombies with only the controlled household remaining 'human'. Now some roleplay is obviously involved, since players must somehow 'scavenge' for supplies, and one could always edit town to plop another group of survivors into the world.

I ask about input as I kinda did this for a Breaking Bad theme household before finding out that I couldn't craft and sell the Blue Sky introduced by KW, and wanted to save myself the time and ultimately - disappointment - after making the effort.

48 minutes ago, landess said:

nothing comes to mind about traits. If this is an isolated case I have a suggestion:

Not isolated at all. Forgot to mention that I also had to add my teens 4th trait in CAS. I made a screen snip to show the KW message, but then didn't save it. This happens a lot!

During the botched age up, you get the messages listed by @Mrs_Salvatore. My last age up (just a couple of days ago), my teen daughter became a dwarf! So, into CAS (where she then was normal height). Clothes, hair, etc AND to add the 4th trait. I don't know if your method works to age up, down, etc... but usually Nraas MC reset sim after fixing them cures the dwarfism and the teen is okay.

I think the game will eventually fix them, as I often get pop ups concerning age up of resident NPC sims. I'm not playing them, so not watching them. I've never bothered to search the town to see what they look like when the messages pop up, but when my sims eventually come across them, they are not dwarfs. I never checked to see if they have all of their traits, but will if I remember to next time.

3 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

I don't know if your method works to age up, down, etc...

I know that one can take a Sim into CAS and set the outfits/hair/etc. as an adult, then drop them to young adult - repeat - drop them to teen - repeat....

Now when they age up they will look exactly like you set them to, instead of the game doing the 'random outfit/hair' selection it normally does. Couldn't say if this 'information' is lost when doing a save clean.....

Thanks you both for your answers!

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

Honestly? In my opinion, it is KW getting involved in things it never needed to be involved with. I say this a lot! I believe it messes with outfits because of school uniforms, and some other career outfits. I have absolutely no clue as to why Oniki has code for age up. There is a tuning option in the interactions menu that says you can turn off KW age up. It may or may not actually work. Also, there is an "Outfit Manager" option, I think in Global Settings.

A couple of days ago, my sims' daughter aged up to teen. I got the same messages as you and she was a dwarf. Then Han Solo's message popped up... "It not my fault"....

I just fix them in CAS and reset the sim.

I really feel you! I have played Sims 3 with KW installed for several years now, but i never played one savegame for this long to realize all the things that KW is involved in.

I wish there would be a mix between passion and KW, because Passion doesnt have all the features I want, while KW has so much more than i use and want. It would be pefect if it would have some features as extra packages to download, but oh well. From what I've read over the last months and years there doesn't seem to be interest on Onikis side for changes like that.

But now to your tips. I will try to reload the game to the last save before the girls birthday and i will test it with the settings you told me. I hope it works that way.

59 minutes ago, landess said:

I seem to remember past  comments about problems with Sims when they change age states but nothing comes to mind about traits. If this is an isolated case I have a suggestion:

Go back to a save before they age up - take them into CAS and change their age to a teen and make all the selections - trait, clothes, whatever. Save the Sim template in the CAS Sim bin. Now return that sim back to it's original age, and see if the change 'holds' when they do age up. If not, take them into CAS and now apply that saved sim template and return to live play and see if it took.....   The only other thing I might try would be the same thing but return to live play one time as a teen before returning them to CAS for 'saving'. I've had trouble aging children to teens myself, but that was a symptom of using NRaas to do this while aging is turned off. Apparently when a Sim ages up, Certain 'genetics' (traits, slider settings, hair color, etc.) are applied to a new Sim the game rolls while other stuff like clothing, etc. are purged from the sims record. Because the difference between some ages isn't as severe, the game can handle those changes being made through NRaas I guess? But child to teen has ALWAYS been an issue for me if I leave Aging OFF and do it manually.

I will try this, if it happens again. Do you know, if the skills and relationships and so on will stay if i age my sim up in CAS.

You are definitely right with the problems with aging up from child to teen. There were no problems at all with all the other stages before. I guess the problem with KW is, that it adds all the information to a teen, because thats the first stage where its possible to interact with the mod.

When you say you used Master Controller to set the trait, did you try going into CAS and use the 'choose traits' at all, or just menu selection while 'live' in game?

I tried it over the Master Controller menu at first, i guess thats what you mean with live in game. It didnt apply the trait , so i tried it over CAS with the Master Controller and it still didnt apply it.

Can you turn KW 'off' (save settings) age up the child and then turn it back on (apply settings)? I realize this would cause issues if one is using certain KW features though like Brothels, Kinky Schools, etc. yet I'm trying to think of solutions.....

I guess this would be the solution to try last, if nothing else would work.

The interesting thing is, that when i uninstalled KW in the game, the trait got applied to her.

I got so frustrated with the mod, that i threw it out and put in Passion, but after short testing i realised that there are more features that i like that Passion sadly doesnt have, so I decided to ask for help here.

Thanks a lot guys! I will try your ideas and tell you what worked best for me ?

8 minutes ago, landess said:

I know that one can take a Sim into CAS and set the outfits/hair/etc. as an adult, then drop them to young adult - repeat - drop them to teen - repeat....

Now when they age up they will look exactly like you set them to, instead of the game doing the 'random outfit/hair' selection it normally does. Couldn't say if this 'information' is lost when doing a save clean.....

Thats really interesting. I didnt know that before! That would be a perfect way to avoid to awful vanilla hairstyles!

I will do this with my next sims I create.

It will probably take a whole evening to create an entire family with this, but oh well XD

Do you know, if the skills and relationships and so on will stay if i age my sim up in CAS.

When a player enters CAS for the first time to actually 'Create a Sim', if a 'premade/saved' Sim is chosen, then THAT Sim will have all the traits/name/etc. as it is a 'virgin' sim and has not yet gone 'live'.

Once a Sim goes live, then returning it to CAS will only change the superficial stuff like appearances and outfits - even if you choose another premade Sim - the Sim being affected keeps everything they have in game - Name, Traits, Relationships, Skills, etc.

I do this a lot with service sims like maids and bartenders - I just grab one of the many premades I have saved instead of creating a new sim for an NPC role. I don't even look at their traits or anything so other than looks - they would remain a mystery until discovery through game play. This was how I discovered one of the festival booths was being run by an NPC chosen by KW to be a rapist. I 'modified' the rapist to look a certain way and was surprised when I saw him 'at work'.

Oh and another question, Which version of KW is the most stable one in your opinion? I have several versions in my Backup folder v375 and 386.

I used build 375 for a long long time as 399 has issues which appear for the most part to have been addressed with newer builds - BUT - the newer builds add more features, some of which I don't like AT ALL. Plus some features like always, once added have problems until a newer build is released which address those issues.

Build 409 is said to be the latest/last version, but we shall see.

That would be a perfect way to avoid to awful vanilla hairstyles!

I kinda discovered that by accident, by cloning an adult and then dropping the age down and making a few very minor changes. Then this teen became a child of the family I was making. When it aged up - it looked exactly as I had used before dropping the age down and selecting teen clothes. Still, just like taking them into CAS after every single damn age up, one either spends a lot of time early, or smaller bites during the lifespan, although 'technically' all at once would be less time overall since one is already in CAS and doesn't have to deal with the loading process - but - if the game crashes or locks up after making too many changes to a 'full' family with a save which is near the breaking point, the chances of losing all that work is higher.....  Damned if you do, damned if you don't - so I turned aging off and now I play the Sims 3 like a TV series where no one ages unless I do it manually. Just how old is Bart Simpson now 'as a child'? (Bart was introduced on the Tracey Ullman show, but even if we just go with the official cartoon series which began 12/17/89, add his apparent show age, 9-10 years as 4th grader, he would be just over 41 years old.)

2 hours ago, landess said:

Now when they age up they will look exactly like you set them to

Ah... that's for future age up from teen to YA. I think @Mrs_Salvatore was referring to an issue that generally occurs during age up from child to teen.

KW has so much more than i use and want.

Same here. There is an interactions tuning menu, but it seems that many things listed just do not work to turn things off. Other things do work as on/ off switches. It's really a matter of knowing what YOU want, going through the menu and sub-menus, trying things, playing some and seeing if you get what YOU want. As I said, some switches really don't seem to work though.

Do you know, if the skills and relationships and so on will stay if i age my sim up in CAS.

I believe they remain, as it is still the same sim.

it still didnt apply it

Never had a problem with either using CAS or MC to apply traits to a sim. The difference that I found is in MC, you can give more traits than EA allows, but receive a warning that the extra traits will be lost... I forget the exact circumstances... perhaps on the next age up?

@landess, I'm not sure about losing brothels, etc when temporarily turning off KW. Again, right now I am doing what I hope to be final testing of FemmeBot Alice and have started a new game in Cronor just for doing that. But, I had made Alice (my name for the one I plan to upload), Red Queen, and 2 others, in my current long play game, moved them to a separate house and saved them to Porter. The new game starts with KW disabled, but all of the bots' trait chips (including sexbot) were still there. So, if not "uninstalled", maybe KW holds certain things in a buffer???

I personally have never played 386, so can't compare.

7 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

The difference that I found is in MC, you can give more traits than EA allows

I know if you take a Sim which has unlocked extra traits through the University feature (Jock/Rebel/Nerd) and try to change any traits while in CAS afterwards - those extra slots will disappear as well  :(