[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

8 hours ago, merkle said:

Another question...dance floor.  This is necessary to hold a prom, right?  There are lots of references to it in this topic but I can't find any that say what it is.  Is it just an open space or something I have to construct?   There's a "platform" in the foundations group.  Is that it?  Does KW generate the prom or do I have to do it?

Since I had Late Night long before KW, like other things I never worried or thought about, I've 'always' had a dance floor. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Dance_floor Scroll down to Sims 3.

I don't have the store content which adds 2 more objects which are dance related and include several more animations/moodlets (Grrr, I really hate the piecemeal approach EA takes with the sims...) 2 pieces of bread and a slice of bologna. Then you can buy a variety of other meats, dressings, vegetables, upgrade the bread, add sides.... After several hundred dollars you finally have a meal. Fuck EA.

So I can't say if it's needed or not as I use them frequently as a form of 'crowd control' - If there's a dance floor available, Sims generally move to it before beginning to dance if there is music playing and they feel the need. Otherwise they will dance 'anywhere', sometimes blocking the pathing in the area.

I guess one way to check would be to 'examine' every School made which is KW compatible and see if they all have dance floors. I know The stereo thing is odd too - I used a wall speaker from Late night, but I believe I also Had to place a normal stereo in the room to help qualify it as a Prom Room. I mentioned elsewhere the fact not ALL EA default living room chairs work as King and Queen thrones.....

>>>> EA generates the prom. Just like normal where your teen sims go and disappear into a rabbithole school and the player gets notifications in the upper left corner like anything rabbithole related - your Sim goes to the KW school the same, and then enters and will hangout with pushes to eat, and dance, while they socialize, and posssibly some Woohoo. IF you have SEASONS EP there will be a lot of slow dancing. Then a King and Queen are chosen (probably the same mechanics EA uses) and they take their place on the thrones for a time. Finally the prom ends and they go home.

I wish the documentation was better for KW - as is we are all left picking our brains and memories to try and understand the juggernaut mod which is KW. I myself have all EP and no SP, so my mileage differs from others, some whom even have way more than me.

8 hours ago, merkle said:

How long the game has been running is another factor that can affect loading time.  Errors will slow loading and they accumulate over time.

I guess I should add (mentioned this elsewhere) - Yep, it does/they do.

Since Bridgeport has been a favorite and was purchased (Late Night) early, It received a lot of customization. The 1st world to have every Sim taken into CAS, multiple times over the years. Lot's added, homes modified - Bars modified. After awhile it became almost unplayable. No matter what I did it was loooooong to load and laggy as shit. So I did the only thing I could think of. I copied every household to the bin.

Started a NEW game in Bridgeport, removed ALL the sims, and placed all my customized versions back from where I took them originally. Many had moved, entered new relationships, etc. Of course this meant a lot of the customizing I had done to individual lot's was gone - though I did save certain ones to the bin as well. Also with the exception of jobs/skills/inter-household relationships, everything was reset - but - the game ran 100 times smoother and I continue to use that 'new' save series to this day. At this point I began using the save cleaner in an attempt to keep from doing THAT again.

I dread having to do the same for Los Aniegos - and doubt I will in the same detail. (but damn it - I spent so much time customizing each Sim, each household) - Maybe I'll use some option to move an entire neighborhood one household at a time <ugh>. Nevermind....

>>> Most players likely noticed this. Once a save/world is played, after saving and shutdown, if this same save is the next one played, it's load time is decreased. I'm guessing there's a bit of file fetching done at the beginning of any load and for 'reasons' this list is kept in a temporary archive used to build the world for that save. Using the same world/save again allows the game to skip this step.

35 minutes ago, landess said:

(Grrr, I really hate the piecemeal approach EA takes with the sims...) 2 pieces of bread and a slice of bologna.

Stand in one line for a slice of bread, another for bologna and a third for toilet paper, then yet another line for the other slice of bread... and be happy they let you have such fine things!!! Sound familiar??????????

Money! Separate items can always be sold for more than a bundle of items.

9 hours ago, merkle said:

Another question...dance floor

Only used the school a short time, but I recall reading that the dance floor IS required for prom. There are a few download schools here that you can look at, even if you don't want to use one of them. OR... it may be that you need LN, as I think that was the EP that introduced prom???

Regarding game speeds, size does matter, and that includes the size of your laptop! Can't pull a bus with a Volkswagon beetle. On my gaming laptop, I was playing with 5 or 6 EP's and 1 SP, full towns, 100's of friends, crap in inventories, huge house, full of crap, customized townies 8 GB CC and 5 min or less load times with almost no lag. This laptop? I run 3 EP's, cut some CC, smaller, new game, clean saves manually (can't get save cleaner to work), 20 mins to 1/2 hr or more loads and lags to the point where things like woohoo will time out.

I cleared out all of my CC, and ran only Sunset Valley, and everything was fine. No fun!

11 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Only used the school a short time, but I recall reading that the dance floor IS required for prom. There are a few download schools here that you can look at, even if you don't want to use one of them. OR... it may be that you need LN, as I think that was the EP that introduced prom???

Dance floor is definitely required, as per the KW wiki.  The only thing I can find that looks like a dance floor is the platform in the foundations group.  I guess I'll try it.  IIRC, proms happen about every other sim week, so if a couple of weeks go by and there hasn't been a prom I'll assume this isn't it.

12 hours ago, landess said:

So I did the only thing I could think of. I copied every household to the bin.

I frequently replace 6-7 of the default households with my own CC households from the bin and I've never seen the kind of load times you describe, so maybe that makes a difference.

One thing I have noticed, which I'll share to see if you've experienced the same thing:

Moving a CC household into the town is limited by the small default household funds they are allotted.  (I haven't found a way to change this, so if anyone knows how, please share.)  I finessed this by moving them into an occupied household and then splitting the household and deleting the original Sims from the clipboard.  Thus the new household has the house and  family funds from the original household.  The thing I noticed is that if I do this at the very beginning of the game before starting everything is fine, but if I try to do this after starting a game the family trees of ALL the Sims in town EXCEPT the new households gets corrupted.  I've observed this multiple times.  Probably other stuff is corrupted, too.

7 minutes ago, merkle said:

The only thing I can find that looks like a dance floor is the platform

No, dance floor is a dance floor in buy mode... 3 sizes, and apparently a Late Night item. Being an EP that I've always had, I just wasn't sure, as I never buy them for my houses... They're in the bars. And as I said, but not 100% sure, I think proms are also LN.

yup.PNG.806f611e7663810d558db08cdb96c043.PNG

16 minutes ago, merkle said:

(I haven't found a way to change this, so if anyone knows how, please share.

One way I know is to start a game just to do this... basically what you did... merge the sims to an existing house... use MC to then place them where you want... again, MC to give them as much cash as you want them to have... save them to library with or without the house, but now they keep the cash and you can delete the old family... AFTER you make sure it worked as it should. Start new, or return to the game you want and use the new family that has cash to buy any house. 

1 hour ago, merkle said:

Moving a CC household into the town is limited by the small default household funds they are allotted.

Cheat: FreeRealEstate

Enter this just before you select a household from the bin..... This gives you their starting funds to make upgrades, buy vehicles, whatever because they buy any lot for free.

When I first started playing the Sims 3, out of the box, I always felt in a rush, no time or money to enjoy the game - I play for fun, not to have to work for hours and hours. Now I have aging off, time slowed down, Master Controller and a shitload of cheats - I couldn't be happier.

Screenshot-538.jpg.7d5f971e892154356925bb776c9c0ffb.jpg

4 hours ago, merkle said:

I frequently replace 6-7 of the default households with my own CC households from the bin and I've never seen the kind of load times you describe, so maybe that makes a difference.

Not only do I ADD households - all completely customized with every outfit and some having multiple custom per location: 2-3 everyday, maybe 2 swimwear/females - one to swim, one for sunbathing, not including the others generated for snorkeling or diving (Island Paradise), plus the outerwear (Seasons), I also Customize the Career outfits, and ALWAYS save a duplicate for when they get promoted and it wipes out career outfit #1.

Now times this by every household in the game - Yep! I do this to all the default households as well. The world Los Aniegos is a monster of a town - I mentioned some day just counting the number of playable households - I really should do that and get that 'monkey off my back' so the sheer number of custom sims is documented.

6-7, makes me smile since that's usually about an hour of playtime on any new save. This is why it takes me a few days to 'prep' any new worlds/save series - not counting if it is heavily themed like the Mythological series I have - luckily most of that town are just Romans/Greeks and not all 'Creatures'. >I also had to go into every house and remove ALL electronics/etc. and replaced all lights with anything resembling torches or candles, while adding things like the domino tables and other form of entertainment.

I also have to fight with EA because many times I use outfits flagged for certain uses on other applications - I've learned quite a few tricks and procedures to get what I want. Add to that other things like unlocking outfits for other than default uses and the amount of shit that save series needs to keep straight on top of dealing with KW and many other script based mods I run, and I'm lucky it runs at all. Yet I hear many problems from others I don't or never have - So it's just a matter of understanding the whole shebang.

(Don't forget to occasionally reset the entire town - cleaning up a lot of shit)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Los Aniegos: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Los+Aniegos&atb=v209-1&iax=images&ia=images

I went ahead and did some counting:

73 active lots

155 Human Sims

While doing this I saw something else I should address - Pets!

I had no idea so many homes had them - I must have left pet adoption on. Around 75% of homes have a pet, with many - I guess 50% of homes have 2. This by itself could be seriously contributing to the long load times. It could be as many as 70 or more pets total.

This would be over 200 'sims' the game must calculate script for. Now add in all the customized NPC's: Bartenders, Register Operators, Bouncers, Fair ground Booth Workers, and all the 'on demand' NPC's that appear in the world like Repairmen, Resort Workers, And other service personnel that for 'reasons' the game decides to use for pushing to public lots like the beach, fairgrounds, parks, etc. This could easily be another 30 or so just off the top of my head. This is probably a conservative guess and I'd rather not know just how many of these for now.

Ea likes to spawn workers for all rabbithole jobs as well for bosses and co-workers. Los Aniegos has multiple Diners/Bistros, Fire Departments, The madness just doesn't end.

So all things considered - including all the public lot's I've added (swimming pools) and customized (Bars, Beaches, Bowling Alleys, etc.) Yeah, it's a LOT!

Around 30 minutes to load everything, set everything up how it was when last saved, and say 'action!' is reasonable.

>This obviously includes running EVERY EP as well and many recommendations say not to because of the load - I can't complain.

Just checked - it's time to merge packages - again. My package folder has 873 items in it and of those, 11 are merged packages, and 2 are folders with CC for custom homes - Junkyard house/110 items - Gothic mansion/410 items. 1387 total files.

1695417124_sims3documents.png.b369de1045b12bc779c70e7980ee78b9.png

Seems like a lot till I think about the most recent game I installed: NieR Automata - over 50GB

5 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

No, dance floor is a dance floor in buy mode... 3 sizes, and apparently a Late Night item. Being an EP that I've always had, I just wasn't sure, as I never buy them for my houses... They're in the bars. And as I said, but not 100% sure, I think proms are also LN.

Proms are a feature in the base game rabbithole school.

Also, I've got a new dilemma.  I've made it to level 9 in the teaching profession - principal - and I've taken over as headmaster.  One of the work metrics is "paperwork".  WTF is that???  How do I do paperwork?  I've clicked on the principal's desk, his computer, the school itself - no options for doing paperwork.  No references to this in the KW wiki or anywhere else I could find.

NVM.  I found it.  Click on the principal's desk.  For some reason it didn't show up before.  Looks like it needs work.  He starts to sit down and then stands up for the duration.

image.png.f0aa20d55cef675b1af8b7745ccdc8cd.png

10 hours ago, landess said:

NieR Automata

Still working on that update. My new gaming laptop is supposed to arrive some time today, so it will be transfer everything and then be able to see what she looks like with a good graphics card. At this point, I separated the outfit into top and bottom, and it looks like the texture overlap is working. The TS4 to TS3 hair conversion went well... again, graphics card to know for certain. Got the feathers and gloves that were missing from the other 4 to 3 conversion, but not completely happy with the feathers yet. I know the reason they were left out from the other conversion! I can't be too critical though, as how to fix them was something I only learned very recently. Problems with bones and morphs on the skirt accessory, but the version in this picture isn't too bad. I think the new boots that I made for her will be okay...

Screenshot-58.jpg.38eaa65756f9ec1c3411b9f317cd3f1b.jpg

And tiny details... told you I was going to make the tiny beauty mark below her lip!

Screenshot-59.jpg.867fb9277b41c45e35cff698665f40c3.jpg

14 hours ago, landess said:

Are we talking base game rabbithole, or KW High School?

The base game rabbithole has a prom feature.  Is there a DIFFERENT prom in LN?  If the KW High School prom is built on a LN prom, then that would explain why I'm not seeing it.  That would make TWO KW features that require LN.

Hmmm... My turn to ask a question...

Has anyone else used the KW droid debug? When you do, does KW change the sim's skin???

As I get closer and closer on the 2B, TS4 to TS3 conversion, I started looking at A2. So, just to get a feel for her, I made her using the doll skin by Plumb Barb, but when I changed her to KW droid, her skin changed to a regular sim skin, and I can't seem to change it back to doll skin in CAS. Anyone run into this?

I feel like sims 3 is more enjoyable then when I first played it, anyway this is my new character.

I also made a male character as well, but this female character is the horse farmer.

Sims 3 char2.png

She was gonna be a dog breeder, but sadly it doesn't let me sell puppies in sims 3

14 hours ago, merkle said:

The base game rabbithole has a prom feature.  Is there a DIFFERENT prom in LN?  If the KW High School prom is built on a LN prom, then that would explain why I'm not seeing it.  That would make TWO KW features that require LN.

KW High School has a prom. This makes it a KW Prom. It uses the scheduling and transportation scripts from the base game. It appears to need the Dance Floor object (like spiking drinks - needs confirmation) from Late Night. This makes your last sentence correct (sort of) since KW uses more than 2 features of Late Night. I can't confirm many things which haven't readily readable documentation concerning EP's I've had long before KW, making troubleshooting somewhat problematic from this angle.

All I can confirm is if the school doesn't have everything the mod requires, then there are issues. Quite frankly I'm surprised the mod recognizes the school, even though it can't satisfy and generate the prom in the first place. I kept getting notifications that the school was 'missing' something and wouldn't register - with the items being the proper chairs for prom king and queen winners.

>Are you using 'all' base game objects in the furnishing of the Prom room? K/Q Chairs, Buffet table, Stereo, Multiple dining tables/chairs? (by using base game, one avoids certain issues) Once functional, then substituting other objects for aesthetics makes it easier to troubleshoot.

>I'm going to be nice and play a save with confirmed working H.S. and prom. I will remove the dance floor - and see if that triggers any problems - from a notification to lack of prom as was mentioned. ?

9 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Has anyone else used the KW droid debug? When you do, does KW change the sim's skin???

No, and I don't even remember it exists (unless you refer to debug/transform to droid?). Any time I make a KW droid, I always go into CAS and choose one of the other Skins regardless - even if it's another one of the 4 'sister' skins KW defaults to which is one of these (I already had the 4 before KW droids were introduced). The 'droid' skin I choose is a better contrast version of the 4 of which KW uses a pale one.

>Does it only happen when the Plumb Barb skin was already being used when the KW droid was invoked? Have you tried using another skin - THEN make a KW droid - THEN try using the Plumb Barb skin? It would be unusual for the KW droid to single out this particular skin, and it may be that this happens for 'any' skin - The game won't use it because it 'thinks' it's already being used while the KW droid is treated like some occult with temporary changes (KW needs a record of the original skin for reversion).

Theorycrafting, Mindtripping, and Shitshoveling are my specialties.

This would be an interesting experiment, and would 'out' another one of KW's strange functions regarding use of game assets. I can check this as well myself easily enough using a different skin (don't have Plumb Barb).

7 hours ago, Zathuul said:

this female character is the horse farmer.

She quite attractive - so she's in the horse slave trade? I joke, but oddly enough, IF KW had a feature to 'sell' children to the adoption agency (would require the 'dislikes children trait') - I might consider leaving Pregnancy ON while I have aging off. Yes, I'm a terrible human being.....

2 hours ago, landess said:

I always go into CAS and choose one of the other Skins

I have something going on then, as I have not been able to change the skin back to what I want. And yes, this also happened when I made 2B into a droid, but as I didn't use the doll skin, it was much less noticeable. So, I guess it's just one more of the many things KW involves itself in that it doesn't need to, and shouldn't do. 

"So, you want to use the KW droid feature? Well, this is what Oniki decided she will look like... "

I'll have to play with the skins and switching from droid to human and back and forth, with different skins, but so far, at least the 2, and I probably never noticed before as in the past, I would have just used an NPC, and not bothered with what skin it had.

She quite attractive - so she's in the horse slave trade? I joke, but oddly enough, IF KW had a feature to 'sell' children to the adoption agency (would require the 'dislikes children trait')

I think that'd be useful, if that was in KW. But for now she'll mainly be the odd horse breeder on her farm, guess she prefers huge dicks.

55 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

I guess it's just one more of the many things KW involves itself in that it doesn't need to, and shouldn't do. 

2B fair :P  Having a default KW droid skin is nice as the skin (series) used was pretty clever and by including it with KW added something to the game. The fact you cannot change your KW droid skins in CAS is disturbing though. I can still check to see if I can choose the same skin as was being used before changing to a KW droid - as a KW droid - to put that to rest, but your statement about not being able to change at all leads me to believe something else is at work.

>Thinking about it after I posted this - I made no tuning changes to NRaas Dresser. I'm pretty sure you have from previous posts. Perhaps the answer lies there regardless of personal feelings about KW involving itself in feature/functions - those feelings won't change the facts - and the facts dictate how the game reacts. Trying to find the solution, and then weighing in on the pros and cons of chosen settings is all we can do.

There's a reason the folks at NRaas have a 'grudge' with OnikiKay/KW......

>Right now I'm speeding through days in the world with KW school and students/active lot. The save itself is very complicated (Mom runs Daycare/deciding to quit for testing purposes) so it's been a bit slower than anticipated as I occasionally have to slow down the action to 'recover' sometimes. Made several changes already to make this play session viable, and had to reset the entire town once already as I had an error/error trap that grew to over 500 before reset EVERYTHING (reset cleared it up nicely). Hope to get through a school 'year' quickly so I can determine if no dance floor has affected the prom. I simply removed the dance floor though instead of turning off the school and then removing it (dance floor), before attempting to start it up again (may have to do that still).

Since I play with aging off, and already had 2 proms in this save series, I know Sim aging (aging off) has nothing to do with the schedule - although the setting for 'days per Sim teen length' may indeed be the flag. Also with Seasons EP installed - there may be some other considerations I'm not aware of. Because I don't know how the schedule works, I may end up speeding through several weeks before deciding that the prom doesn't show, although thinking about it, I may have to copy the school to a new save/small world and try from scratch - plus replacing the dance floor afterwards and make sure it still works as well. Such is the life when doing ACTUAL investigation instead of just speculating.....

3 hours ago, landess said:

The fact you cannot change your KW droid skins in CAS is disturbing though.

After restart, I was able to change it. Also, I probably should do a better job of ignoring issues I run into on this laptop, as (and I've said it before) this thing simply is not made to handle what I do. (((

3 hours ago, landess said:

There's a reason the folks at NRaas have a 'grudge' with OnikiKay/KW......

Probably same reasons I have... Nraas made mods that made TS3 a playable game when EA decided to just throw up whatever and expected people to deal with it. Then KW comes along, and instead of working WITH mods that 90% (or more) have had forever, it steps on them and created conflicts, forcing you to choose. And to beat another dead horse... IF the KW interactions tuning actually worked, you'd be able to work in your own compromises so it could work together. But, we all know the interactions are just there to make you think you have some say in what happens. Kind of like voting!!!

Speaking of 2B... time for take 2 (B) sure... Looking at the Plazasims original again, I decided to rethink the way Avirein had separated the skirt as an accessory, which has been one of the issues I've been having. Plazasims did it as 2 outfits... one with and one without skirt. Problem there is that it is a HUGE mesh file, almost as bad as hair files. So, splitting it top and bottom is what I had started doing, and now will include the skirt with the bottom and see how that works out. Stay tuned...

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

After restart, I was able to change it.

Yay!  ??

I know you've mentioned dropping mods into the game while it's running - Anytime I've added a mod to the package folder while the game is running, the game stops responding and I need to kill it with task manager.

I know you've mentioned dropping mods into the game while it's running - Anytime I've added a mod to the package folder while the game is running, the game stops responding and I need to kill it with task manager.

That skin was already in, and part of what was there when I first started my current game. But, intermittent bugs seem more on this laptop, who's days are numbered... to one! My new Asus just arrived a little while ago!!! Again, not top of the line $2000 gaming laptop... not even close, but reviews were good, and the one that said she runs Sims 3 with no problems helped. ))) What I learned is that the graphics card plays a huge role in how the laptop handles games. This one doesn't have a good card, as it's just a regular laptop. The new one has Nividia GTX 1650???? Which is rated good, and AMD processors which supposedly are as good as the intel and run cooler. Only 256 SSD, but no CD drive, and room for a second drive. Plus, I think the mother board on this one takes the card type of SSD. Fingers crossed that I am up and running at full speed in a day or so.

Meanwhile, still working on 2B. Been playing with skirt bones. Tried out 3 or 4 different ones so far. Got one that looks ok in TSRW, but still trying a few others, then an in game test. ))) So, this will be a full TS4 to TS3 conversion. The other (that we both have) was incomplete, lacking the feathers and gauntlets on the arms, not including the hair, or the boots. The boots, I made my own, 100%. )))

And dropping stuff with the game running... some things, yes. Full packages will crash. Leaving a package open too long as the game may try reading it will crash. Some times, you can open a package, change an image, mesh or bonedelta and get away with it, and the game may or may not read the change... or it will crash. I'll usually do a save before I try it.

Capture.PNG.e33fc97dd9654e26bf2ea82e82264be8.PNG

Time to go to school, on KW High School:

First let me say my other save crashed on me - not surprised - I abused it hard trying to test so I took my good ole Baby Island world I use for testing and set it up - 2 teens only and the school WITHOUT the LN dance floor.

I got a notification there was a formal dance - this being on the 5th day of school (minus one day for the summer/leisure day off)

On Friday night there was the option to attend the prom, which showed up on the school itself (click the school outside wall) as well as creating a wish to attend prom. Normally there will be a Limo and the teens go automatically, but this Island has no streets, so this affected the Limo option as well as School buses (none). I have a mod to disable both Carpools and School buses - this allows the teens to attend school on foot without being manually pushed by the player (since there were no school buses to pick them up). Also: The banquet tables automatically 'set up' as the first student reached the building as a 'prom attendee'.

>So on this test I confirmed NO dance floor is required for the prom to take place. I also learned a few other things about the school set-up. On newer builds the Nurse station events are a bit more complicated - I was getting a 'examination - no chair' notification and found the chair in front of the nurses desk needs to be in a certain location to 'work', so after finding this out by experimenting - I set the chair in the headmasters office the same way (in case).

Not much else to say, so I'll include some screenshots and if anyone has specific questions, I'll be glad to share what I know.

Spoiler

187018574_dancenochair.png.5487663ab32d77639b504db170d3ec6d.pngScreenshot-542.jpg.19ab4739c6387b2a188b247c3bcf3e60.jpgprom.png.0cc7599354acbe5948f5ef00cb80be87.pngprom2.png.5c5913bb06aba54f3ed221655bed66a2.pngprom3.png.7495396f59f0811adaac15796c8af5ee.png645074711_kingme.png.1321ee33398789c1995143e10a735b6e.png1958628388_holdingcourt.png.f5166aa55c515216d172433372ecdaf9.png1730385202_kingmoodlet.png.8c03bc88e26cba463d42234133f4e122.png1205256480_queenmoodlet.png.b8b9564af8d2d095006a95de4ddf217e.pngScreenshot-543.jpg.e903fc8cd10584b7283b71bc7ddbdaa3.jpg

I tried to include pertinent notifications in several shots as well as wish/moodlet identification. I hope this gives enough information on what to expect. As they were the only 2 students - there was no one else to win prom king and queen. All prom attendees get a photo, and the king and queen get crowns. Both objects can be placed at home as momentos (see last screenshot).

Hope this covers it: 2 teens - KW school (working) - no dance floor - prom in less than a week (called formal dance).

>>>> Off topic: Our illustrious leader (Ashal) has made an appearance in this post - one may want to participate as well for the fun of it....

15 hours ago, landess said:

>Are you using 'all' base game objects in the furnishing of the Prom room? K/Q Chairs, Buffet table, Stereo, Multiple dining tables/chairs? (by using base game, one avoids certain issues) Once functional, then substituting other objects for aesthetics makes it easier to troubleshoot.

I don't recall exactly which K/Q chairs I used - they might have been from University Life, which IS required.  Everything else was from the base game.  It never had a dance floor in the first place and KW recognized it fine.

After going three Sim weeks with no prom I deleted the entire Prom room and the school continues to work fine.   I'm playing as a teacher.  I wonder if you only get a prom if you're playing as a student?

5 hours ago, landess said:

On newer builds the Nurse station events are a bit more complicated - I was getting a 'examination - no chair' notification and found the chair in front of the nurses desk needs to be in a certain location to 'work', so after finding this out by experimenting - I set the chair in the headmasters office the same way (in case).

I got the same 'examination - no chair' notification, but after a while the examination commenced on the bed instead.  I added another chair next to the desk but got the same result.  I'll try your solution.

Edit:  That's interesting.  After moving the chair away from the desk, when going to work I get a "infirmary not found" error and there's nobody in the school except the janitor.  Then I added a living room chair next to the desk and I don't get the same notification, but the exam takes place on the bed anyway.

1 hour ago, merkle said:

I wonder if you only get a prom if you're playing as a student?

Yep.

As far as chairs: I used a couple that actually look like thrones and were from EA, but KW didn't recognize them. So.... EA - not working - is why I mention to experiment. Remember: All EP's were released before KW was made. One would think that there were internal flags set by EA for use by Sim animations, but apparently KW uses different metrics.

Spoiler

throne.png.639063464f5603a0832558fdd906fe4f.png

I have another save in the same town which has the students - using a different household with a brothel. Even though the owner was dating a student, there was never any mention of a prom or dance. The other save using a school (same school/different town) as a Teacher also never had mention of a prom or dance.

1 hour ago, merkle said:

I got the same 'examination - no chair' notification, but after a while the examination commenced on the bed instead.  I added another chair next to the desk but got the same result.  I'll try your solution.

Yes, the examination will continue as you mentioned. I tried several different chairs - living room, dining room and lounge. Used base game to be safe. then for some reason I decided to remove one of the 2 chairs in front of the desk, and center the remaining one/moved it closer. The next time I saw the nurse move to the desk, but got a 'blocked' thought bubble from the student. Backed the chair up 1/2 space and the next time everything worked. So apparently the nurse has some kind of 'interview' with the student, before they move to the bed for an examination.

1 hour ago, landess said:

Yep.

[banging head on wall] 

It sure would be nice to not have to find out all these details the hard way.  I know KW is a WIP (although it's a little hard to keep claiming that after you've gone through >400 builds?) but a little documentation would be nice.  Anyone know why the wiki was taken down?  It was pretty incomplete, but at least there was some hope of something.