[Sims 4] Incest, Teen Romance, Babies For Everyone and more! UPDATED FOR 1.5.149.1020!

Semajitor

@Ulgrym - Unfortunately the update removed a lot of lines from the XML files that were deprecated (no longer used), so this is probably why you're seeing a lot of errors pop up after the update. As with most of the bugs people are seeing, this might also be related to updating with mods installed, which the game has serious problems with.

---rant---

Why the installer would even point at the mods folder is probably the most retarded programming decision I've ever seen. The only thing that makes sense is that it's looking there to attempt correct/remove any files that conflict with updated coding. Still, there's just no reason to even touch the mods folder during an update. It just makes it look like they're trying to break as much user created content as possible and get people to buy *official* content packs. If the people in charge pulled their heads out of their butts they could make money hand over fist by just releasing a toolkit and selling it for a moderate price. You could easily sell a content creation kit for full game price, or even make it an annual subscription that updates along with the game. I know I'd pay good money to get a sandbox like that, but oh well.

---rant---

Right now Fogity is the primary source for extracted XML since he has his own set of working tools for the game. If I don't see anything from him this weekend, I'll just start digging into the original extractor and see if I can muddle out something that works for the newer file format. It's just been years since I've done any real programming, so I have to get my mind right so to speak and re-learn some of the stuff I've forgotten. I'll keep working the XML modding tutorial and change log in the meantime though. It's coming along a bit slower than I intended, but I'd rather have something usable and semi-professional looking than a pile of hot garbage that's thrown together in a few hours.

@Semejitor

So if I deleted my Mods folder again, repaired the game, then put back fresh versions of the mods I use (instead of moving the mod folder out, and putting it back after the repair), that might resolve some of the issues I'm having?

@Semejitor

So if I deleted my Mods folder again, repaired the game, then put back fresh versions of the mods I use (instead of moving the mod folder out, and putting it back after the repair), that might resolve some of the issues I'm having?

That might resolve some of them, but I can't guarantee anything since the XML coding is changed in the latest version. Most of the bugs you're getting now are probably lines of code that are no longer used by the game, but I won't know which ones until I have an updated copy of the extracted XML. My recommendation is to do the repair anyway, and see if you get any major bugs in the normal game. If they're still there without any mods installed, it means you need to re-install the whole thing. Judging from the Sims official forums, this is a fairly common problem with this particular game and you definitely are not alone.

I did a remove the entire Sims 4 folder and then ran a repair and started a new game. This completely resets the game to the vanilla settings. Drop the mods back in and away you go, except for this mod, sadly :(

I do hope it possible to get something working. My teen is looking longingly at the hot new YA that has moved in next door and can't do anything about it, so he will have to content himself with playing around his classmates with the new active school mod

@alibabababa - The team that works on the Sims has been incredibly helpful to the modding community actually. 

I still remember when you told me that

Hopefully. Because right now, from the total time I spend with the game, already 50% goes to repair custom content  :D

...alienated clothes, gardener fix, the culling process that makes disappear your ghosts, genealogy tree that looks like a real abstract Masterpiece, not to mention your mod. I'm becoming an expert in tweaking chars and relationships in game through the console's commands to repair everything that somehow breaks time to time. All that in just 1 month. I'm not a believer but will pray for more of this helpfulness  :P

I'm being a bit sarcastic, but I keep thinking that they don't care much about modders or CC when they release new patches.

Even if the new patch was announced 2 days ago, I also rolled back to 1.5.149 and keep using your v2 (which works great).

You should consider seriously to simplify somehow your mod, to something easier to manipulate and update, removing maybe a few options, otherwise your are going to run crazy and don't think EA would agree to pay your medical insurance  :lol:

Maybe you could organize like a voting process (if the option exists in this forum) about the "must have" features of the mod =P

As I already mentioned in the past, for me TA+I+NW would be enough to be happy =)

@alibabababa - The team that works on the Sims has been incredibly helpful to the modding community actually. 

I still remember when you told me that

Hopefully. Because right now, from the total time I spend with the game, already 50% goes to repair custom content  :D

...alienated clothes, gardener fix, the culling process that makes disappear your ghosts, genealogy tree that looks like a real abstract Masterpiece, not to mention your mod. I'm becoming an expert in tweaking chars and relationships in game through the console's commands to repair everything that somehow breaks time to time. All that in just 1 month. I'm not a believer but will pray for more of this helpfulness  :P

I'm being a bit sarcastic, but I keep thinking that they don't care much about modders or CC when they release new patches.

Even if the new patch was announced 2 days ago, I also rolled back to 1.5.149 and keep using your v2 (which works great).

You should consider seriously to simplify somehow your mod, to something easier to manipulate and update, removing maybe a few options, otherwise your are going to run crazy and don't think EA would agree to pay your medical insurance  :lol:

Maybe you could organize like a voting process (if the option exists in this forum) about the "must have" features of the mod =P

As I already mentioned in the past, for me TA+I+NW would be enough to be happy =)

I'd be happy with even less - TA+NW (I'd even forgo NW if it meant a working mod)

@Semajitor

Here's what I did, and what I discovered.

I removed all mods, deleted the cache files, and repaired the game.  I put all mods back in except this one.

Everything worked great.

I put a fresh copy of TtoA_Inc_Poly_1.5.149.1020v3  in, and no teleport from bed, but the environmental buffs got wacky, not showing, and old buff from camping returning,

I removed TtoA_Inc_Poly_1.5.149.1020v3 and put in TtoA_Inc_NaW_Poly_1.5.149.1020v3, with the same results.  (I thought perhaps the naked woohoo was somehow messing up the end animations of woohoo.

Now, for the strange thing I did notice.  Without either of those mods, the sims woohooed, and both got out of bed each time when they were done (initiator first, target second).  With either of these mods when the woohoo was done, the woohoo target got out of bed, and then changed into sleepwear, and crawled back into bed.  The initiator then simply got out of bed.

Odd.

I know absolutely nothing about modding this game, but it seems rather strange to me, that a woohoo mod would screw with environmental buffs.

Edit:  And as soon as I posted this, the teleporting came back :(

@Semejitor

That might resolve some of them, but I can't guarantee anything since the XML coding is changed in the latest version. Most of the bugs you're getting now are probably lines of code that are no longer used by the game, but I won't know which ones until I have an updated copy of the extracted XML. My recommendation is to do the repair anyway, and see if you get any major bugs in the normal game. If they're still there without any mods installed, it means you need to re-install the whole thing. Judging from the Sims official forums, this is a fairly common problem with this particular game and you definitely are not alone.

I've never understood why the mods folder should impact in any way how a patch loads for the game. Why would their patching program even care about the files in a mods folder unless it's patching somehow when the game is running and the files are loaded in memory?

ughhh this is so frustrating i have so many mods now I have to sift through which ones are causing the errors because I removed this mod yet I still have the bug where i load into a lot and I can't see any of the sims and the interface is completely gone. Definitely turning off auto updates in origin from now on :angry: :angry: :angry:

Again, for everyone having issues with this mod at the moment, they stripped out some old lines of code with this latest patch. I haven't gone through the tuning descriptions yet, but my educated guess is that the teleporting and other strangeness you're seeing is because some of the code that is in the current version isn't in use any more, and the game doesn't know how to properly handle it now.

At this particular moment, primarily due to time constraints, I'm waiting for Fogity to release an updated extract of the current XML files so I can run comparisons and make updates. If that doesn't happen this weekend, I will dig into the XML extractor source and see what I can do to at least update it for myself. I will prioritize updates over other projects, and the next update will be making the original pregnancy buffs unisex to avoid any conflict with the Get to Work or future expansions. I will also continue looking into making pregnancy only affect the target of the interaction, to provide a little more sanity in the SSP part of the mod.

For those asking that I simplify the mod - I started this whole thing because it was something I wanted in the game myself, and there wasn't a good alternative at the time. The current set of features is what I use on a regular basis, minus SSP, which is just fun to see how far I can bend the game rules. I don't have any plans to expand the mod further than this currently, and at the moment, Risky WooHoo only has like 4-5 people that want it, so I'll just make a post later on how to update the files to enable that if you so desire. I won't be adding that to the full package mostly because it detracts from the theme of control that I'm attempting to create with the mod.

I do make this thing sound like it's a lot more work than it is sometimes I'm sure. Mostly it's just the time required to do the tedious copy-paste-delete-insert-copy-paste on about 1-200 files then make duplicates. I've at least refined the duplicating process significantly for the last update, so that's much less time consuming now. If I do ever find a way to cut down the time to make the changes in the files themselves, I will certainly do that. Once I release the tutorial for XML modding, I think everyone will understand why that particular part is such a pain in the ass to make a reality at the moment.

Anyway, I hope everyone is coping well with the update in the meantime, and I look forward to being able to update this mess as soon as possible.

@Semajitor

Sorry if I'm sounding like I'm complaining, I just wanted to let you know what I'm discovering as I play around with different versions of the mod.  I do truly appreciate your efforts, and I know that until Fogity gets you the updates, you're unable to do anything.  I was simply hoping that what I am discovering, will help you narrow down the errors that THEY created.  Your mod was working fine until THEY screwed it up :shy:

@Semajitor

Don't take that wrong. Sometimes reading you sounds like you were apologising for not being able to be at the height of our expectations.

What the hell! Of course you are. I still remember in January, before you came back, how the outdoor patch messed up the original inTeen mod from the old threat, and nobody was here to fix anything.

You are doing an impressive job and we all know it. Furthermore nobody is paying you to do it. So there is no need to put on yourself any pressure about fixing anything within any timeline.

We will wait what it takes to fix it, and will be glad with what you want to share with us =) 

I know this is out of topic, but may be interesting for some of you.

HOW TO CUSTOMIZE COUNTERS (NOT A MOD / NOT A CHEAT)

After eight months playing sims 4, after a lot of years playing the other sequels of the sims, could you believe that I discovered right now how to manually customize counters?  :P

When you click over a counter, a bit more to the left of the colours, there is a cogwheel (never realised it until today :blush:).

Clicking over shows you a picture of all the available sizes and shapes for the counters, which you can select manually instead to let the game do it automatically. Like that you can choose some shapes that otherwise are never presented, like the round corner or the half size one.

First and foremost I want to thank you deeply for this mode! But I wonder, if there's a way you could make incest relationships more challenging? It would've been great if it could be somehow more problematic than a normal "sims 4" relationship and would definitely tickle my funny bone that way. Necessity of more careful hiding would definitely made it super exciting. I just have hooked up father and daughter next to mom sitting on the same couch just watching tv (without NoJ part of the mod)

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534316&c=0&ht=&page=9&pp=25#startcommentalso just in case you haven't seen it yet scumbob over at MTS made a basic program to extract the XML files so you can fix your mod!

I'm using that right now. It unfortunately has the tags reversed compared to Fogity's, so I have to actually go back and redo all the changes again since my file comparison is reading every bloody file as changed. It also doesn't have the comments pointing to things, so I'm bouncing back and forth checking things to make sure I don't miss anything. It'll be a bit to get things updated, so probably next weekend I'll have an update ready.

Going back to my previous question. Is there a possibility to cause anger or other negative moodlets to the sims who witness you use a romance option on the family member? I just really feel like we are loosing some atmosphere, excitement and edge here in this great concept. Not to mention the jealousy factor of the spouses seems to be on a very low level for some reason. This is surely a native game issue, but I've always found it off-putting when you could easily fill the romance bar and WooHoo two sims on the first game day and it seems even easier with incest couples as they are starting as friends.

This surely isn't an RPG, but I still feel like role playing through peoples lives. It's harder to do so when you have to tell everyone when they suppose to be angry or not :)

@CryingCorvus - You can definitely cause jealousy to trigger at greater rates and with more intensity. It's not really within the scope of this particular mod anymore since I've discontinued the PTME portion. All it really takes is altering the relationship change values slightly within the interactions that you want to cause jealousy. And if you've updated to the current game version, and are using the last update of this mod, that's probably why jealousy is a bit broken at the moment. For what it's worth, with the correct version of the game and mod, I had my spouse angry with just a passing flirt, so it was working when jealousy was enabled for me. I haven't run any tests on 1.6.69 just because it doesn't make sense to do that with the sweeping changes the latest patch made.

@Screech - I'll keep an eye on the extractor as well while I'm working on the update in the hopes that it improves a wee bit before I'm done. The only real issue with it is that it reversed the 'n' and 't' tags compared to what Fogity's did, which is the way the original extractor did it. The original extractor followed the tuning description formatting, so that's actually a good thing. The references were just nice to have so I didn't have to search for the files without the folder reference. It's pretty easy to find everything as is, so I'll just keep plugging away at it for now.

ughhh this is so frustrating i have so many mods now I have to sift through which ones are causing the errors because I removed this mod yet I still have the bug where i load into a lot and I can't see any of the sims and the interface is completely gone. Definitely turning off auto updates in origin from now on :angry: :angry: :angry:

I had the same problem after the last update and checking all the mods I use I found the one causing the problem for me. It was the Longer/Shorter Pregnancy Lenght mod After removing this mod my sims and interface is back again.

Archived