The Elder Scrolls 6: Argonia...your thoughts

So cruising around the net today I came across all the information that could be located for the recently announced tes 6 : argonia. I'm a little disappointed they decided to only set it in argonia versus a tamriel wide game, but perhaps that was a bit too much to ask of modern systems...or Bethesda for that matter. Having never been one to take any interest in the argonians at all, I find myself on the fence as to how excited I can be about a full game set in their homeland. And there are rumors floating around that they plan on using a revamped version of the engine that tes5 is currently using versus a newer, more modern engine. I would love to hear ya'lls thoughts on all of this...

If its PC and not a console port, plus mods support as usual im interested, other wise they can shove it up there ass, as with ESO. I think it will be bad console port heavy DRM and less mod supported. They go full MASSES now with succes TESV have, this means not as open and free plus support for PC it will mainly go console im affraid. These days only money counts.

PC is doomed any way.

Argonia? No, as long as all these Argonians live there I am not interested in that :D  I still very much prefer Edler Scrolls 6: Summerset Isles

Thats an island-setting which is always handy, no need to giant mountains and invisible walls. It's probably full of old ruins etc, and full of High Elves, and with the Aldmeri Dominion this becomes interesting (your char then probably is some kind of slave-prsioner, either working for the Dominion as an Agent, or switching sides to some kind of resistance). Also you have the Sload-Isles nearby, which is neat because they weren't featured in a recent Elder Scrolls, they'd make awesome villains. And we even have the Psijic Islands clsoe by, also very nice for potential storylines.

So many that, in my opinion, speaks for that setting ... so it will probably be Elder Scrolls: Elsweyr - Curse of the Skooma Cat ... :(

If its PC and not a console port, plus mods support as usual im interested, other wise they can shove it up there ass, as with ESO. I think it will be bad console port heavy DRM and less mod supported. They go full MASSES now with succes TESV have, this means not as open and free plus support for PC it will mainly go console im affraid. These days only money counts.

PC is doomed any way.

They can shove it up in that place donkey?

O.o

I was going to reply to this thread with something bitter about Bethesda and their products, but then I saw your .signature and ...

... you're playing Asheron's Call 2? Seriously? You know how Star Wars Episodes IV, V and VI beat Episodes I, II and III? Asheron's Call beats Asheron's Call 2.

I want Hammerfell or Summerset Isles.

Hammerfell is my preference. It's a neutral territory, which leaves it in an interesting position story-wise. Secret Thalmor plots, clandestine Imperial maneuvers, etc. Lots of fun stylistic options with the Arabian/Persian influence, potential to play with Egyptian styles in ancient ruins, lots of great enemy ideas to draw from all of those combined mythos, and some fun lore gimmicks to play with if they so choose - sword-singing and shadow magic. Not to mention it could pick up on the great expansion opportunity Skyrim botched with Orsinium being adjacent to it. The only drawbacks are a lore-necessitated third iteration of Dwemer ruins and yet another real-world inspired setting.

The Summerset Isles are tempting too because they offer the opposite of a lot of what Hammerfell does. Completely new space to work with. Presumably it'll draw from whatever ESO established but we're still looking at a potential for a lot of original, creative art. Ancient elven ruins, all kinds of wiggle room for new monsters and locations, plenty of story potential with the Dominion still being a thing, etc. Problem is I have a hard time visualizing a sensible way to have all the races mix there. Then again Morrowind managed to make playing a Khajiit or Argonian - slave races in that region - work, so maybe it won't be so odd.

I don't see Bethesda setting an ES in a non-human Tamriel's region exclusively to be honest.

Why not? Morrowind did exactly that and is very well-liked to this day. It didn't really break out of Dunmer-exclusivity until Bloodmoon.

No matter where the next Elder Scrolls game takes place, it won't have anything to do with what happened in Skyrim. You'd find one or two books about the dragons and one about what happened with the Thalmor - at most. What happened in Morrowind didn't affect Oblivion and what happened in Oblivion plays no role in Skyrim. I don't think they intend to break that tradition. I don't think we will see the Thalmor again. Too bad, I enjoyed stomping them.

Bethesda is going the Blizzard route, they're relying heavily on their MMO and telling their true fans to go fuck themselves!

If we go anywhere next let if be Khajiit focused or even taking part in the Thalmor rising and taking down the Empire to the treaty. If anything get away from the racist stubborn bastards aka Nords. Tired of those pricks. I rather be imprisoned by Thalmor any day than deal with those vile things ever again. Ulfric and his lust for the throne can suck my ****.

As for another Fallout, please let someone else develop it, as New Vegas didn't do it right like FO3. Even with mods NV doesn't hold up to FO3. Could be the storyline, the location, the fact it's just a tiny content update and patches, or even just because FONV wasn't worthy of development what so ever.

They would be stupid if they don't make a next Elder Scroll in style of skyrim plus alot better for PC its there BIGGEST GAME EVER by a large margin. MMO sucks and will never have the succes of skyrim period. How many have they sold by now 25 million copys on all platforms?

Skyrim still sells great on steam main reason mods. It's prolly one of best selling RPG'S of ALL TIME.

Elder Scroll 6 should continuing succes of skyrim but better and a true PC game again with MODS.

If not i stick with skyrim and boycot it like DAI.

New Vegas didn't do it right like FO3

Oh lol, FO3 better than NV... You had me going for a minute there. I thought your post was serious. I mean I had my suspicions when you said something as stupid as Bethesda relying on ESO for the future of the franchise, but this piece of comedy gold tipped me right off.

Actually that isn't "totally true".  The events of Oblivion did in fact hit several other provinces with Skyrim and Morrowind being mentioned as hard hit (not as hard as Cyrodiil as that was the center of Dagon's efforts). 

Source (see "other fronts"):   http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Oblivion_Crisis

Yeah, like I said, at most a few books about the issue or some NPCs having a line or two about what happened in past Elder Scrolls titles. Well, you had the Mythic Dawn quest in Skyrim that had some obvious ties to Oblivion but as far as the game itself is concerned, Oblivion didn't play any role whatsoever in Skyrim. Was the same with Oblivion and Morrowind.

hey guys just 

found this video here 

the channel is NOT "fake" its just not the official bethesda channel !

looks fake (graphics) but just imagine if tes6 would have graphics like that =D but look f.e. at unchartet 4 gameplay trailer (graphics!) or look at this shiiiiiit 

!

just to compare modern engines with the video , exept for that ... why whould you fake a sneak peak trailer in THIS quality / graphic quality (look at tesonline and then on black desert online graphics = mmo + good graphics = why a non ONLINE game shouldnt have better graphics ?)

except for that ... summerset is an much more realistic title than argonia and its believabel that it will play in down in the left corner = summerset isles , valenwood + elsweyr 

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/b/be/TamrielWorldMap.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121111164445

these are all lands wich havent their own game so why dont take 3 lands in 1 game instead of all land or only 1 land in 1 game or even more stupid = stard with another continent !

yes it would be awesome if tes? would play in akavir , but first i want that every land has its own game , but not all in one game ! thats stupid bcause you cant bring up that much detail ! we have Morrowind = "done" cyrodil = "done" skyrim" done highrock = "done"  so we have : hammerfell , summerset isles , blackmarsh , valenwood , elsweyr = 5 lands 

pls answhere what you think about my english (good/bad) bcause of my age , and pls answher also what you think about my thoughts !

thx ...

+++ edit +++ music of the trailers  on the unreal bethesda channel is nice = those vids !

the elder scrolls 6: Dominion (Elsweyr region art)

the elder scrolls 6: Dominion (Summerset region)

The Elder Scrolls 6: Races (game screenshots) part I

•