Malise and the Machine (upcoming 3D hentai game)

hentaiwriter

Hi, I'm the marketing guy for this game, posting on behalf of Eromancer, with his permission :D Everything below is his words, not mine! For more pictures of gameplay and such, check out http://eromancer.blogspot.com :D
------------------------------

Hello!

I'm excited to announce a new game that I've been working on for quite awhile. I don't plan on releasing too much information yet as it is still early in development, but you can read on for more details!

h34zbqfbzrfr.jpg
afa4afowjzhw.jpg
8p7vclsze0b8.jpg
60cmm0o4r0am.jpg
www611hobg19.jpg

What kind of game is it?

The game is called Malise and the Machine and is an episodic RPG that utilizes RPG Maker VX Ace. This title has professional quality production standards and will be in development for quite some time. Already, over 10,000 lines of custom scripts (not including integration of dozens of community scripts) have been written to enhance RPG Maker to push this game to the next level and to make the experience something unique, both visually and gameplay-wise. 

The goal is for the game to be sold in both English and Japanese. I speak limited Japanese, so I will eventually need a translator. 

Why should I care about it?

One of the major goals of the game is originality in as much as possible. Characters, enemies, artwork, the story, tilesets, and even the soundtrack are being custom made for the game. If you've been waiting for a H-game with virtually non-stop combat-oriented H content that draws on gameplay aspects from classic RPG greats such as the Phantasy Star and Final Fantasy series, then you should care!

Is the gameplay any good?

The gameplay *is* good! A key element is the custom active time battle system that features fully animated enemy sprites and unique, highly detailed character artwork for every action. Characters have access to different outfits and weapon types that will modify their stats, play-style, and most importantly how battle H-content gets carried out. 

Here's a brief summary of gameplay elements that are either integrated already or are being planned/designed:

- A fast paced active time battle system featuring a party of two with real-time H-content
- Complex skills, status system, balancing, and actual challenging gameplay (gasp)!
- Quality AI
- A fleshed out story told through events with detailed character artwork
- An array of armor types for each character with their own unique visuals and play-styles
- Crafting
- Armor and weapon upgrade system
- A whole lot of loot to feed the crafting and upgrade systems
- Non-linear story/quest/progression elements
- A custom user interface designed to maximize effectiveness of the biggest feature: H-content

What's special about the H content? What will this game feature?

This is where the game really shines. The design goals of this project aim to overcome the design drawbacks of many of the H-RPGs that have come before it. Instead of H-content feeling like it has been tacked onto the gameplay, this game is being heavily designed around the H-content. 

Many games demand that you lose to see H-content. While it situationally makes sense, it is completely counter-intuitive to what makes a game fun: progression and overcoming challenges. Discovering a new enemy only to have to wait for a game over screen to collect H-content simply isn't that fun. 

In this game, you are rewarded with H-content by surviving. Most of the H-content occurs during battle scenes, and does so using a completely original system. The game features a struggle system not unlike many RoR titles (Shinobi Girl, Witch Girl, etc.) built within the active time battle system. This opens up a whole new realm of gameplay possibilities such as skills and stats designed to affect the outcomes of the struggle system, as well as story/event battles designed completely around this system. 

While there are a ton of details I could go into (and yes, many details left to be fleshed out as well), here's a basic summary of the H-content elements that are being designed for the game:

- Real time battle H-content that is strongly influenced by characters' armor, level, and stats.
- A unique in-battle struggle system that combines the best aspects of RoR titles with traditional RPG H-games.
- Unique clothing destruction system featuring resistances and vulnerabilities that are dependent on the aesthetics of the characters' equipped armor type
- Unwarranted amounts of happy jelly.
- Highly varied enemy types that are both unique and yet span the gammut of traditional enemies seen in H-games.
- Vore, beasts, tentacles, and more will be included.
- A ridiculous amount of highly detailed artwork
- A gallery system to view higher quality versions of the ridiculous amount of highly detailed artwork

Different armor and outfits huh? So you just mean we'll see the same artwork with different outfits tacked on, right?

Not at all! A lot of games in the past utilize picture overlays to simulate different clothing/outfits. In Malise and the Machine every outfit truly has its own unique artwork, and every single H attack has different artwork for each character and outfit (and many times the attack changes entirely!). I'll release more information on this aspect of the game, as well as the clothing destruction system later on.

Who are you? How many people are working this? Have you made any games previously?

I'm currently working on this project by myself, but would like to expand the team eventually (ideally after the crowdfunding campaign, as I don't expect people to work for free). Due to the extreme nature of the game content and the specific skill sets required for making the artwork (and coding my ambitious ideas) the pool of candidates is very small. 

I'm a professional programmer, but this is my first game. If things go well financially with this title, then I'm sure it will not be my last game. I'm quite new to the languages required for this game, so literally everything so far has had a considerable learning curve. I am not quite a professional artist, but I do have professional quality standards for what I put out.

The artwork looks unique, but how is one person expecting to make all of it?

As I mentioned, the game has been in the early development stages for about a year. A big chunk of that time was devoted to experimenting with art styles, programs, processes, and even seeing if fully animated scenes would be viable for the game (answer: they are possible, and I have some great examples, but RPG Maker was simply not designed for it and it would degrade the gameplay a lot to try to force it without devoting gross amounts of time to coding... down the road though I'd like to make this a reality, when I have the resources).

The art style I've settled on uses pre-rendered graphics made from 3D models. I'm using a highly customized set of shaders and post processing combined with hand painting in Photoshop to achieve this style, and the result is that I can create highly detailed artwork relatively quickly without being a master 2D artist. Using 3D models doesn't mean that the quality will suffer however, as anything that can be accomplished with 2D art can be accomplished with 3D (if you are creative about it and not lazy). This route also allows me to pay to license models/parts from artists and customize them to my liking for use in the game. This isn't a magic button that does the work for me by any means as a lot of customization goes into everything, but it is the next best thing to having a team of artists working with me. 

I do think that I will need help with the artwork eventually (even if it is simply preparing models and rendering), but since it is a highly specialized procedure I will need someone with a developed 3D and 2D art skillset.

Conclusion and Crowdfunding Campaign:

The game will be in development for awhile. I have no idea yet as far as a release timeframe is concerned, nor do I want to burst bubbles by setting a date that can't be met. The next step is the crowdfunding campaign which I'm currently running on Patreon at http://patreon.com/eromancer -- Due to the arguably ambitious nature of the project the final quality will indeed depend on the financial resources I can accumulate for development. I want to make sure that you have a lot of incentive to see this project succeed, so you will be seeing some great rewards such as full access to early versions of the game, digital and printed artwork, and more. Feel free to suggest ideas for rewards. Spread the word, and keep an eye out for updates here!

I'm really interested in your feedback. I likely will not be commenting much (don't be offended if I don't respond directly) as like I said I don't want to give away too many details yet, but I will definitely be reading and strongly considering any critique or ideas you may have! 

EDIT:

Video's done!

Malise and the Machine - Adult PC RPG - Preview...

Took me about 60+ hours to make this but it was worth it! Be sure to watch it on the site itself at 720p for the full experience!

If anyone has a better site to upload the video on that'll allow hentai and full quality, uncompressed video, let us know!

Finally, here's two more links in case Dailymotion flags or takes that link down (both of these links are much worse quality than the Dailymotion link)

http://video.fc2.com/en/a/content/20141220k7fGxFh0/
http://www.xvideos.com/video9983366/malise...-_preview_video

P.S. If anyone here is making hentai games and wants a video like this for their game, let me know and we'll try to work something out; just go to http://hentaiwriter.tumblr.comfor my contact info :)
(and yes, eromancer is ok with me making videos for other people and ok with me putting this in the post, etc.)

Doubt the game's dev will read this, but you might. And you might consider forwarding this to him, so I'm going to take a few minutes to detail some flaws and concerns.

1. A "struggle" system is never unique, nor new.

Let's face it, struggle systems are merely "tiresome" at the best of times. I'd love to see anyone name one single game in which the struggle system was a positive part of the experience, but I'm not even going to issue the challenge because I know the answer.

The problem with struggle mechanics is that they rely on one or more of the following:

-Reduced stats.

-Reduced mobility.

-Button-mashing.

-QTEs and\or STEs (Slow Time Events).

A lot of those systems either wear out their welcome quickly as the player gets further into the game, or have a feeling of futility about them. And, as you are no doubt well aware, a gameplay mechanic that induces frustration or exasperation in it's audience is the exact opposite of a good mechanic.

2. "Unique" scenes per character\clothing combo sound great, in theory, but there's a reason why things like that were never done in the past.

A wise man once told me: "The golden rule of video games development is this: KISS." Now, I'm sure that by now everyone knows that this stands for 'Keep It Simple, Stupid!' but the reason I'm bringing this up here is the short-sightedness of the idea.

Let's pretend there's ten different characters, and ten different clothes and armors. With the "normal" way of designing scenes, you'll need to create exactly one animation per enemy for all characters and all clothes together.

With ten characters and ten clothes and armors, a different scene for each combination would require one hundred animations per enemy.

Now, you could obviously argue that if you are willing to put in the time and effort this is not a problem, but that argument is easily countered by the fact that this makes it far more difficult to add new enemy types, makes removing planned enemy types a much more enticing prospect and drastically reduces the variety in scenes - none of which are positive effects.

3.Clothing destruction, vore, tentacles, bestiality, etc etc - all those sound great, except for people that don't like them.

You might want to include toggles for each kind of fetish, and if you already thought about that - you might want to mention they will be there.

Me? I dislike vore to the point I won't even consider a game that includes it without a toggle. Others might dislike something else to a lesser or greater degree, and losing even just a fraction of your audience over something like that is just silly.

4. Crafting is over-done, what with so many games released recently having crafting included due to the popularity of minecraft, I don't see that as a point in a game's favor. Why? Because crafting is usually one or more of these:

-A bloody chore due to having to constantly check your inventory due to limited size\weight capacity.

-Mandatory and thus simply yet another gameplay obligation, rather than a tool with which to overcome the challenges presented.

-Providing flat stat bonuses (such as: +1 damage) rather than new mechanics or increased gameplay variety.

-Absolutely and completely unhelpful due to either requiring too many resources, too much time, too many skillpoints or simply not providing anything useful at any stage of the game.

-Removing all challenge in the game due to having one or more broken aspect.

If you're sure you have a good system, you should obviously keep it, but there's no way I can tell without at least seeing it. Even after seeing it, I'd need to actually play before I was convinced.

5. Marketing without gameplay is marketing done wrong.

I believe we've all seen enough of the games industry to say that no amount of early marketing has any kind of meaning. You can claim the world, and might even have a small slice of it in a demo, but is it representative of the final product? No. As Aliens: Colonial Marines demonstrated, it's very easy to create a couple minutes of excellent gameplay and axe it all later in favor of something far easier to create.

So if you don't even have a gameplay trailer to show, you really aren't giving me much to get excited over.

In any case, good luck. Your games' developer is definitely going to need it to pull anything even remotely close to what you advertised off.

ITS LIKE BORDERLANDS BUT WITH SEX? YOUR A GODDAMN GENIUS!

...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT...WANT

Video's done!

Malise and the Machine - Adult PC RPG - Preview...

Took me about 60+ hours to make this but it was worth it! Be sure to watch it on the site itself at 720p for the full experience!

If anyone has a better site to upload the video on that'll allow hentai and full quality, uncompressed video, let us know!

Finally, here's two more links in case Dailymotion flags or takes that link down (both of these links are much worse quality than the Dailymotion link)

http://video.fc2.com/en/a/content/20141220k7fGxFh0/
http://www.xvideos.com/video9983366/malise...-_preview_video

P.S. If anyone here is making hentai games and wants a video like this for their game, let me know and we'll try to work something out; just go to http://hentaiwriter.tumblr.com for my contact info :)
(and yes, eromancer is ok with me making videos for other people and ok with me putting this in the post, etc.)

I saw the video yesterday  :P

Looks interesting indeed, while a trailer is nice I think I might prefer a demo of how the combat/rape/clothing destruction plays out even if it is a little dry.

Say, here is the ATB system where you enter commands and then character will execute that command when it is their turn a la classic FF style or is it in more of a turn base format where character has a "speed" rating determining when they get to act and player enter their command and the character execute their attacks then and there.

Show under what condition does clothing destruction happens, scripted events/special attacks/durability/health threshold, how does it get repair, can it be done in battle or out of battle only? will the damage stays, what effects it has, how it lead into rape during combat.

What are the options available or unavailable during rape, how should it play out, etc.

I saw the video yesterday  :P

Looks interesting indeed, while a trailer is nice I think I might prefer a demo of how the combat/rape/clothing destruction plays out even if it is a little dry.

Say, here is the ATB system where you enter commands and then character will execute that command when it is their turn a la classic FF style or is it in more of a turn base format where character has a "speed" rating determining when they get to act and player enter their command and the character execute their attacks then and there.

Show under what condition does clothing destruction happens, scripted events/special attacks/durability/health threshold, how does it get repair, can it be done in battle or out of battle only? will the damage stays, what effects it has, how it lead into rape during combat.

What are the options available or unavailable during rape, how should it play out, etc.

From what I've seen of gameplay footage, it seems to be realtime (think Chrono Trigger) where speed in input matters, or the enemy will overwhelm you, etc.

I don't know the exact logistics of it, but I know (and this is briefly shown in the video) that once your ally gets captured, you can use attacks to shoot the enemy off of your ally, specific ones meant just for that.

There's also abilities that allow you to interrupt enemies channeling/casting abilities, as well, and they have bars showing them casting the ability (this is also shown in the video briefly; not saying you're like dumb or something for missing it, it's only on there for about half a second, but just more to re-watch it to see these examples i'm talking about)

The clothing damage, as far as I can tell, somewhat stays, with a lust meter and the menu showing them unclothed partially, unsure on how to heal it yet, Eromancer hasn't given me 100% details on this stuff etc. I asked him to come post in here, so it's up to him if he will or not etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, developer here.  I just typed up a huge response to all of the questions in here and the forum deleted it because I need 2 posts to post a link... which I didn't have in the post to begin with.  Sorry guys.  I think all of your questions are answered on the ULMF thread or on the blog/tumblr though, so check those out!

Hey, check out the latest post on our Tumblr account (where you should follow us for frequent updates on the game's progress!)

This post features the latest artwork print that's available for pledges $35 and up via the Malise and the Machine Patreon!

Learn more about the game and the Patreon rewards here: http://www.patreon.com/eromancer

• 2 months later...
Hey everyone!

The first test release will be on or around April 1 (as soon as Patreon processes payments, basically). You must be pledged by March 29 to be eligible for rewards! 

For those of you that contacted Eromancer previously about having no other choice but to use Paypal, he'll be messaging you later with some information.

Please check out the following post for details:

Let us know if you have any questions!

• 10 months later...

Archived