SexoutNG for Fallout3: It's Here

vpig

Pride, thanks for that. I couldn't be of any help but maybe someone reading this will connect with it and offer a hand. It sounds like quite an undertaking but it would be an epic accomplishment. Without knowledge of such things, it's difficult to appreciate how much real world knowledge and experience go into a mod like Sexout or the script extenders. Your post provided a much needed reality check.

Don't let me discourage you. Some of us old timers have banged our heads against a particular wall so many times we think there just isn't a solution. Then someone with a fresh perspective that isn't hamstrung by preconceptions manages to figure out a solution that hadn't even been considered.

Just take it slow, that's my only real advice. Burnout is a very real thing, and the GECK seems to just make it worse. :)

@vpig..

Pride is correct. If you desire to try.. you will get far. You have access to many old timer and mod content creators here on LL. More skill than most forums. If you run into some errors or questions just post or if they don't mind.. PM.. ( they will let you know if that is OK.. ;)) I was like you starting out and a little frightened on trying this or that. Trust me. You work on anything and run into trouble there are many here that will help. Take Pride's comments here along with astymma comments. They are quite busy with their own RL and in Pride's case working on mods and FOMM rework project etc. They stopped to give guidance and assistance. These are two very big members here and don't always stop to discuss things with very new members (low post count). I would say they did this because you are trying to do something very big and have had some success. In other words you are some of the dreamers here that talk alot but never even start a project.

I have every personal confidence if I start doing some work on a mod, even if it is personal work at first I will get help by many of the members here that have the experience and understanding that I need to accomplish my goals. It won't matter how complex or difficult it is. It of course will take time perhaps lots of time if it is very complex for me to do as I will have to learn all the steps and processes before finishing it but in the end I will be better equipped to to future tasks. Same with you. If you do decide to bring NX variables to FO3 or just use the current setup to create your own system, you will be able to do it in time. All any member of LL needs is a dream, some time, and loads of patience. Not knowing how to do something isn't a barrier here as many here have the skills you need and can pointers and guidance to get you to a level you need to be.

I really have to set up my fallout games again.. Talking about all this is causing me to start to miss that ol' boy.. :D.

Not discouraged, Pride. It's good to have a realistic perspective. I do know about GECK burnout, though. One reason it took so long to get these mods ready. :-/  Thanks for the encouragement!

Over 100 downloads now, including the 29 downloads of the first file, before I renamed SmallerTalk. Seems to be working, no complaints. Thanks everyone. :)

Thanks, zippy. ;)  Fap, there is a Fallout 3 mod called "animated prostitution". It is a great mod by JoshNZ. You need to download the mod and copy just the .dll files to your Fallout 3 folder. You DO have FOSE installed, correct? It's the same process. Allow the AP dlls to overwrite. I don't recommend that you install the whole mod as it could cause problems for your sexout installation. YMMV.

Please come back and let me know if you get it working.

Thanks, zippy. ;)  Fap, there is a Fallout 3 mod called "animated prostitution". It is a great mod by JoshNZ. You need to download the mod and copy just the .dll files to your Fallout 3 folder. You DO have FOSE installed, correct? It's the same process. Allow the AP dlls to overwrite. I don't recommend that you install the whole mod as it could cause problems for your sexout installation. YMMV.

Please come back and let me know if you get it working.

Oh. I downloaded the animated prostitution pack from some random website (not the nexus) and the package didn't come with any .dll files so I was confused. I downloaded the one from the nexus that has the .dll files so it's working now.

Thanks, reathan. These mods come with the older set of animations. So, no amra animations yet. The newer animations should work, but the numbering system has changed, I think. It would just be a matter of determining where, in the old category system, the new animations belonged and renumber them.  Then, I think they'd be available for random selection.

I'm too busy right now to look further into it. Maybe someone who is more familiar with the new and old animation systems could chime in or lend a hand. If not, I'll get to it eventually.

Just to let everyone know what's being worked on...

Right now I'm working on getting a "sex body"(I'm not saying a "nude" body" :s ) of a Hillfolk for Point Lookout. If I can get that working, a Sexout patch for Point Lookout will be forthcoming. As potentially repulsive as it might be, a nude body would be better, but that's more than I want to tackle right now. Again, if anyone wants to jump in, say the word.

Thinking about a Pregnancy mod, there doesn't appear to be an old, standalone version, at least I haven't found one. I think the current version could be adapted to FO3 if one were to use ashmedai's .dll files. That would add the nx variables and make a port much easier. I'll be looking into it.

Maybe Zippy57 could name one of the SexoutStore NPC's "Ash", or somethng, in honor of ashmedai. Then we could grab his shit! :angel:  Seriously, I think ashmedai posted his files with the idea that, if something came of them the more the better.

There definitely needs to be some testing because one of ashmedai's files would overwrite JoshNZ's file. I don't know how that would affect AP running under Sexout. It may be that those who want the nx stuff will have to do without AP (if they wanted it). Then again, the nx stuff might make up for it. It will take some time to get the answers.

Back with a couple of problems. In trying to get the preg mod started, the first thing that needs to be done is get SCR working. That's where the first problem came up.

Here's the code generating the error: (Sorry I don't know how to post a "spoiler")

if ListGetFormIndex SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV SexoutSSexCountFLV < 1
    ListAddForm SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV SexoutSSexCountFLV
endif

Geck gives the error, "Invalid object "SexoutSSexCountFLV" for parameter form." I'm thinking this is a limitation of FOSE?
Would this work as a workaround?

set SexoutSSexCountFLV to SexoutSSexCountV
if ListGetFormIndex SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV SexoutSSexCountV < 1
    ListAddForm SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV SexoutSSexCountV
endif

Also, using ashmedai's .dll files, I got a GECK error "missing script command" for the "var_array" command. I don't know if the var_array command is an "nx" function or an NVSE beta command. Anyone know where the "var_array" command comes from?

Regarding the Point Lookout "patch", well there's a problem. The "Swamp Folk" and "Hill Folk" are "creatures"- Super Mutants specifically. That limits their Sexout functionality to Super Mutant animations. That may work okay for the big "Bruiser" types, because they seem to be scaled the same as a SM. The smaller fellers are normal sized, so the offset, as well as the animation itself just doesn't work (look right).

I tried some different things and nothing else seems to work. If I set the "Folk" as different creatures, the player character's anim changes, but the cretin just stands there. Basically, only the Bruiser would work, the rest is simply not compatible. So much for that. I may do something to spruce up the Bruiser, but that's going to the back of the line right now.

Also working on the SexoutSex additions but have run into some complications there, too. So, just kinda bumpin along.

(Sorry I don't know how to post a "spoiler")

your text and stuff here [/ spoiler]

Remove the space on the second spoiler .. So that you can see the spoiler text otherwise it would disappear.. :D.

Hope that helped.. :D.. Anyway it is your thread.. your post can be as BIG as you want them to be as far as I am concerned... :P

Keep up the good work

Back with a couple of problems. In trying to get the preg mod started, the first thing that needs to be done is get SCR working. That's where the first problem came up.

Here's the code generating the error: (Sorry I don't know how to post a "spoiler")

if ListGetFormIndex SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV SexoutSSexCountFLV < 1

ListAddForm SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV SexoutSSexCountFLV

endif

Geck gives the error, "Invalid object "SexoutSSexCountFLV" for parameter form." I'm thinking this is a limitation of FOSE?

Would this work as a workaround?

set SexoutSSexCountFLV to SexoutSSexCountV

if ListGetFormIndex SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV SexoutSSexCountV < 1

ListAddForm SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV SexoutSSexCountV

endif

SexoutSSexCountFLV I think is an spell in old versions SCR, used to detect sex occurring to add the semen tokens, if I remember correctly SCR gives Sexout the spell to run on actors at start or end of sex. Adding that spell to SexoutNGFLGlobalCBEndFLV means SexoutNG will cast it on any actor at the end of vaginal sex.

That spell then runs on the female actor at the end of sex and checks the race of the male partner from another Sexout Formlist to decide what race semen tokens to add.

Sorry, I can't be of more help, I'm going offline today, moving house so limited internet on mobile till 12/01/15 because it's a new house with no phone lines yet :P

var_array is an NVSE command added much later than ashmedai's dll creation date. If you want to know exactly what commands will compile in your port, launch the game with ashmedai's fose dll, and also josh's and ashmedai's fose plugins. Once you've done that, exit the game and open the fose.log. You'll see every command listed in the log that is added by fose, josh's plugin and ashemdai's extender plugin. I'm pretty sure that ashemdai's changes to fose are the same as josh's... adding con_TFC, con_TCL and con_TM. Personally, I've been running ashmedai's release since it was uploaded... along with sexus and AP, haven't had a problem yet that was related to fose/plugins.

Thanks, ritual. I'll remember that. ;)

Holstrom, thanks and I hope the move goes smoothly.

Well, trying to backdate the current version of SCR is not going to work at all. I had hoped to find a way to get it working, so it would be easier to get the preg mod started. But I'll have to revert to the older version of SCR, which I do have running. But getting the current preg mod working with it may be problematic.

Zippy, if this affects what you're doing with the store, PM me and I'll send you the backdated files.

The "array" error was also part of my dabbling with the current version of Sexout. Astymma, thanks, yes I need to check out the log. Never really knew about it until you mentioned it. As always, thanks for the tip.

Thanks, 8". :lol: 

So SexoutNG for Fallout 3?  I assumed SexoutNG ran only on New Vegas?  Does SexoutNG mods, "New Vegas" mods work on Fallout 3, or is there a separate framework, and a group of mods strictly for Fallout 3 only? A lot of the mods I seen related to the SexoutNG framework are for New Vegas.  I am just curious as to if its best to just get mods from Fallout 3 Nexus instead of Loverslab if conversion from Fallout New Vegas mods to Fallout 3 is a major headache.