For anyone having general MO issues, I'd suggest checking out this: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20492-mod-organizer/

I'm normally a lurker around here, but the cringe-worthy support of the nexus for anything let alone LL leaves me without choice.

*In a serious tone* So hello everyone.

Anyways, I recently switched to MO and for the most part everything has been hunky dory until along came SL. For whatever reason, FNIS does not detect the .hck or whatever the file extension is that handles AI behavior. Now I will preface this by saying I have never had an issue with SL and/or FNIS until I switched over MO, so odds are I'm missing a step that is exclusive to a MO setup.

Running FNIS without SLF or any associated mods is fine as evidenced by the first image attached below, but even SLF activated by itself results in the error reporting of image 2.

I'm almost certain that it is FNIS that is the root problem given that MO shows these files present in the data tab.

Is there any advice one can give to remedy this issue?

Thanks in advance. :)

post-214983-0-15515100-1416658845_thumb.png

post-214983-0-49614800-1416658948_thumb.png

NO.... don't install FNIS manually in MO. You don't need to do that. If it's not working (and it SHOULD) then look in your LEFT pane in MO and make sure that FNIS and anything related to it is loading AFTER Skyrim and any DLCs and also after any unofficial patches.

If you're new to MO, chances are you have something out of order on the LEFT side. Pay careful attention to the symbols showing what's over-writing what and which mod is being over-written by another.... 

WITHIN MO, highlight your sexlab mod and right-click it and choose "open in explorer". LOOK at the file structure and see if that file that FNIS is complaining about is actually there. Be careful when exploring in explorer as you can change things you may not want to change. Just look and navigate and see what's what.

The ONLY things I installed manually (I changed to MO a few months ago) are the base Skyrim and DLCs and then SKSE. EVERYTHING else installs through MO. 

I'm using SexLab 1.59c, FNIS 5.2 (with creature pack and fnis spells) and I can tell you this DOES work.

You may also want to install More Nasty Critters (after which you'll need to run FNIS for users again) 

But look at the order or things in that left pane. Sounds like a pain (pun intended) but get used to doing that. You can run down your list pretty fast once you have an idea of what you WANT to be happening.

NO.... don't install FNIS manually in MO. You don't need to do that. If it's not working (and it SHOULD) then look in your LEFT pane in MO and make sure that FNIS and anything related to it is loading AFTER Skyrim and any DLCs and also after any unofficial patches.

If you're new to MO, chances are you have something out of order on the LEFT side. Pay careful attention to the symbols showing what's over-writing what and which mod is being over-written by another.... 

WITHIN MO, highlight your sexlab mod and right-click it and choose "open in explorer". LOOK at the file structure and see if that file that FNIS is complaining about is actually there. Be careful when exploring in explorer as you can change things you may not want to change. Just look and navigate and see what's what.

The ONLY things I installed manually (I changed to MO a few months ago) are the base Skyrim and DLCs and then SKSE. EVERYTHING else installs through MO. 

I'm using SexLab 1.59c, FNIS 5.2 (with creature pack and fnis spells) and I can tell you this DOES work.

You may also want to install More Nasty Critters (after which you'll need to run FNIS for users again) 

But look at the order or things in that left pane. Sounds like a pain (pun intended) but get used to doing that. You can run down your list pretty fast once you have an idea of what you WANT to be happening.

*five minutes of facepalm*

I feel like such a noob right now. I know that the left panel usually must be ordered much in the same fashion as your actual load order, but I assumed for utilities like SKSE and FNIS it was irrelevant. You sir get +1 internets today.

Thank you and everyone else whom shared their input. :)

It is likely you will experience more issues with MO, configuration and such. Best place for info is a thread here dedicated for MO.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20492-mod-organizer/

However:

• Install FNIS normally, along with the other files like spells, creatures, zoo etc all through MO.
  • Select the bar right besides the Run/Start button in MO.
  • Select Edit.
  • Put the title into title.
  • use the navigation function besides Binary and find the proper file.
  • click on that file and this show show

Then select that FNIS logo and run. and do what you are normally suppose to do ..

Then many here use the "create mod" option and create a "profile' specific mod to clean out the overwrite folder..

It is that simple.

Dam .. I got ninja'd.. :dodgy:

It is likely you will experience more issues with MO, configuration and such. Best place for info is a thread here dedicated for MO.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20492-mod-organizer/

However:

• Install FNIS normally, along with the other files like spells, creatures, zoo etc all through MO.
  • Select the bar right besides the Run/Start button in MO.
  • Select Edit.
  • Put the title into title.
  • use the navigation function besides Binary and find the proper file.
  • click on that file and this show show
  • attachicon.gifFNIS.PNG

• attachicon.gifFNIS 2.PNG

Then select that FNIS logo and run. and do what you are normally suppose to do ..

Then many here use the "create mod" option and create a "profile' specific mod to clean out the overwrite folder..

It is that simple.

Dam .. I got ninja'd.. :dodgy:

Sorry.  :lol: I will post a link to that thread on the OP. I got MO down for the most part, but could be useful for others whom may encounter this thread.

Archived