Is this a good community?

Mephykuns

Well, speaking for myself, and I have been around on many modding sites and forums. Here you are given a lot of freedom, you are allowed to speak your mind, voice your opinions, and be yourself. Here you can be comfortable. ( within reason naturally, but c'mon you should know that )

Nexus = Not so much. Not at all. I never enjoyed having to tip toe around and walk on egg-shells.

Steam?, lol... = I just left there forever, took my mods down and am re - upping all of them here later tonight after work. Steam forums are a toilet with floaters ( floaters being the toxic members of that community, un-flushable shits )

I learned the hard way on a couple places as well, hang out here, you have all the information you could ever want, many great mods to choose from, great tutorials, and other topics to enjoy.

Just my point-o-view. But for what it's worth, hope it helps you make a decision.

• 2 weeks later...

when i use to play Desti-SHIT (destiny, i was and still am top 1% pvp in all the pvp playlists ayyyyyy) i use to go on the bungie net forums and let me

tell you... that place is 100% immature console faggots. dont go there ever. 

eitherways there is no drama here and everyone is helpful and friendly and there arent ever sarcastic fuckstains replying with unhelpful/hateful (except this one guy here whose uses a todd howard avatar with a fake mustache drawn on) comments and spamming lenny faces

10/10 community with a badass seal of approval

Ironically, I believe this site is friendliest than other mainstream site I've ever visited such as Nexus and Steam Forum.

In the defense of Steam community, regulars there are very friendly and helpful. I have been around that forum a lot and they go great lengths to help others. Guides and tutorial posts there are growing day by day and getting very high in quality, when guys keep working together and supporting each other with their projects.

What replies and help you get rely a lot on who is currently online. If regulars catch your post first, then you are likely to be happy that you visited that site. If you end up mauled by trolls and none of the regulars are around to cut it short, then that may leave a sour taste. There is usually always someone around though.

What comes to LL, it is quite friendly community. That is true. There are occasional grumpy replies here and there, but likely less than in other sites.

People are nicer here than on other websites, they are even naive sometimes.

And this thread is already two years old.

As for moderators, In my experience as a moderator on other websites, the more you make it clear at the start that you rely on people behave like responsible adults, the less you have to moderate because people feel they are responsible of maintaining a good atmosphere.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Verethragna

I beg to differ. Thus far I haven't seen a helpful soul here. And after reading all the wonders about this community. hmmm, some how I find that hard to believe.

I beg to differ. Thus far I haven't seen a helpful soul here. And after reading all the wonders about this community. hmmm, some how I find that hard to believe.

Honestly what do you need help with? Most the time people are very responsive and nice here at least they are too me.

I've experienced that same thing.  I've posted questions I know people here have the answers to, yet the only responses I got were crickets chirping.  And this was before I stared being a dick.  Like any other forum there ARE people here in cliques and they don't deal with anyone outside of them.  Unfortunately they have a lot of knowledge, knowledge they won't share.  BUT on the other side of the coin there ARE people here who will help, if they read your post and if they know the answer.

Realistically LL is just as fucked up as any other forum.  Go to Nexus and read the glowing posts about how wonderful the site is.  Then look at the reality.  The same thing is true here and there's no point in even mentioning it.  LL wasn't always this way.  A few years ago the 'wonders' you mentioned were true.  Those days are long gone, but that's what happens when a site gets popular.  :mellow:

I've experienced that same thing.  I've posted questions I know people here have the answers to, yet the only responses I got were crickets chirping.  

Those crickets were trying to help you! It's just a shame you don't speak cricket, they had all the answers. ;)

Could very well be that no one that could help you actually read your question. Since your question is related to bodyslide/outfit studio, you might want to contact the user cell for help or visit some of the threads here dedicated to that tool. Normally, if you post a question and someone can help you you get an answer, unless you burned a few bridges in the past in which case people might not want to help you.

sometimes people who post questions and are not answered are the ones posting the questions even though there was a sticky or something beforehand that can troubleshoot their query...most people won't reply if the question is too absurd, already answered 9999x before or had been stated as a WIP...questions like "how do I install this? where can I find that? and sometimes I see questions pop up like "what is Nexus?"

those kinds are rare though...the mods here have done a good job making this forum somewhat idiotproof to what I have garnered in my few weeks here...

I think LL is a generally a good community, but I'd like to be devil's advocate and say that in both Steam's and the Nexus defense both are so large that effectively trying to control their communities though community environment and moderation is problematic though I would agree that arguably both could do more, But the sad fact of any comunity is that a percentage of people though small are Misanthropic douche nozzles and those people tend to be exceptionally LOUD.

• 1 month later...

Wait..... this community is nice ? :blink:  When did that happened ?

Absolutely.  A very nice and helpful community.

Unless you bring up ModOrganizer vs NMM...

Or CBBE vs UNP...

Or Fallout 4 - good vs bad...

Or Bethesda - fanboy/girl vs hater...

Or Nexus...

Or...

:wacko:

Archived