{REDUNDANT} Non SexLab Animation Pack

In my experience, SexLab 1.60.2 is the most stable version I've ever used. I've had one freeze when selecting an NPC with the 'N' key and some minor teleportation issues either before or after an animation (less often than with 1.59c.) Other than that, my only complaint would be often getting text stuck on screen throughout an animation. No camera problems. No CTDs.

If it makes any difference, I still use NSAP 2.8.2 and simply take care not to activate any of its animations that are included in 1.60.

*shrugs*

cheers rydin for confirming that, but still look forward to the next update m8... Also I'm using ZazAnimationPack_Main V0600 should I update to the latest version, or leave it with the version I have now as at the moment NSAP and this version of Zaz work well together. Also with the missing animation I have a tick box that is unticked but I can tick it. Would you like me to upload a pic he showing you what I mean..

Please do so I can see between which two aniamtions the blank is. Also remind me your version of SexLab

it feels strange everyone complains about screen freeze and other problems I never have with 1.60.2, my problem with the new 1.60.2 is fairly unique: choose using bed option and play ending orgasm effect never work.

NSAP works in every way, however Defeat freak out a bit here and there after update to 5.0+.

Guest itsthesheppy

Animations involving objects (such as Leito throne animations) are showing up on the list in the in-game mod configuration, and all animations are flagged as registered... but they're not coming up in rotation. Hm. Thoughts?

Animations involving objects (such as Leito throne animations) are showing up on the list in the in-game mod configuration, and all animations are flagged as registered... but they're not coming up in rotation. Hm. Thoughts?

They may be blocked not to show unless specifically called for. They have their own tags to stop random chairs just appearing willy nilly which breaks immersion for some.

it feels strange everyone complains about screen freeze and other problems I never have with 1.60.2, my problem with the new 1.60.2 is fairly unique: choose using bed option and play ending orgasm effect never work.

NSAP works in every way, however Defeat freak out a bit here and there after update to 5.0+.

Don't use the bed option very much so won't comment on that one.  As far as the "ending orgasm effect", what specifically are you referring to?  The camera shake?  the sound?  I seem to remember those happening for me, but I'll double-check later. 

Defeat 5.1.0 has a lot of issues unfortunately - although the previous version (5b3.3) seems to work nicely with SL1.60.2 (as I mentioned in the "post that shall not be named").  I do miss some of the features of 5.1.0, but take a look at SexTools (by the same author).  If has some of the non-Defeat-type features:  The ability to change the animation using the list animations for both PC/NPC and NPC/NPC (and creature animations for that matter), and some others.  The combo of SLT3.0 and Defeat5b3.3 doesn't replace the complete functionality for 5.1.0 but it's a good stop-gap until Goubo puts out another version of D5x.

I got screen freezes too occasionally but not the camera stuck. Screenfreezes dont happen while in an animation though.

To me freeze just before to start animation occasionally.

When I start a animation, for a split 1 second it also freezes, but for others it seems for longer or the dreaded CTD...

No, idon't have CTD only Freezes 1 of each 5 or 6 times.

Guest itsthesheppy

They may be blocked not to show unless specifically called for. They have their own tags to stop random chairs just appearing willy nilly which breaks immersion for some.

Makes sense. Bummer! I didn't mind the random chairs, since the animations are awesome XD. Oh well.

Files uploaded and tested, grab em when you have time Rydin.

I still exported male as actor 2 out of habit tho, seems like it is working fine.

Big warning on this.

If the "female" is NOT in the first position, people will complain because the animation will get the participants in the wrong order.

So, exporting it as second position is the CORRECT thing to do.

Noted. But I think regardless of the order, someone is bound to say something at some point. LOL

So...... now those SEX ADDICTS (Forgive he Pun) about using the +/= key. I do wonder how these work if your using COS ? (Clams of Skyrim)

CLAMS OF SKYRIM PROJECT (by SCIVIRUS) - LoversLab

or this from Nexus

HDT Bounce and Jiggles at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

Maybe I don't quite understand your question, but why should the key be any problem with these mods? Anyway, I'm using both of them with lots of customized NPCs and everything is working fine.

Sorry, I meant, alignment wise. Most animators get the hands close to right, but not the Schlong-Viginas. Close, but not Fuckin' close. Those Mods, raise the BAR for Animators. I'm spliting cunt-hairs, but Hands-Arms, Legs, Mouths and genitals, To Dream the impossible Dream, Like two Virgins, in the back of daddy's chevy, having perfect SEX. (Mulitple Orgasms, of course)

I still exported male as actor 2 out of habit tho, seems like it is working fine.

Big warning on this.

If the "female" is NOT in the first position, people will complain because the animation will get the participants in the wrong order.

Noted. But I think regardless of the order, someone is bound to say something at some point. LOL

So...... now those SEX ADDICTS (Forgive he Pun) about using the +/= key. I do wonder how these work if your using COS ? (Clams of Skyrim)

or this from Nexus

Maybe I don't quite understand your question, but why should the key be any problem with these mods? Anyway, I'm using both of them with lots of customized NPCs and everything is working fine.

Sorry, I meant, alignment wise. Most animators get the hands close to right, but not the Schlong-Viginas. Close, but not Fuckin' close. Those Mods, raise the BAR for Animators. I'm spliting cunt-hairs, but Hands-Arms, Legs, Mouths and genitals, To Dream the impossible Dream, Like two Virgins, in the back of daddy's chevy, having perfect SEX. (Mulitple Orgasms, of course)

I would say this: for me even without these two mods alignment is a bitch. Frankly speaking I've made this even harder for myself as I don't use scaling (and I use lots of different body types), so no matter how good a particular animation is, the alignment is often screwed (sometimes more, sometimes less). Now, with COS and/or HDT B&J it's even harder because once you got close to a proper alignment you don't always get the right bodypart-bodypart "contact". Usually, moving the schlong up/down does the trick, but it depends on the particular position.
I just had to get used to it... I don't know if anything can be done about that. It's not a matter of how NSAP or the mentioned mods work, I think, but the question of how Skyrim's works and how SexLab tries to deal with it.

Big warning on this.

or this from Nexus

I would say this: for me even without these two mods alignment is a bitch. Frankly speaking I've made this even harder for myself as I don't use scaling (and I use lots of different body types), so no matter how good a particular animation is, the alignment is often screwed (sometimes more, sometimes less). Now, with COS and/or HDT B&J it's even harder because once you got close to a proper alignment you don't always get the right bodypart-bodypart "contact". Usually, moving the schlong up/down does the trick, but it depends on the particular position.

I just had to get used to it... I don't know if anything can be done about that. It's not a matter of how NSAP or the mentioned mods work, I think, but the question of how Skyrim's works and how SexLab tries to deal with it.

Correct my if i am wrong, but from what I understand from this discussion, alignment is going to be down to body type and skeletons? There are a few different variations, resulting in people having different setups to what the defaults the game provides. Animators will use different bodies and mods will be built using different bodies. I think its something that can never truely be resolved, unless I am way of coyrse with what is being discussed.

Correct my if i am wrong, but from what I understand from this discussion, alignment is going to be down to body type and skeletons? There are a few different variations, resulting in people having different setups to what the defaults the game provides. Animators will use different bodies and mods will be built using different bodies. I think its something that can never truely be resolved, unless I am way of coyrse with what is being discussed.

I am not an animator, so forgive my ignorance. Yes, I think that proper, and "universal" so to say, alignment will always be an issue. Different bodies (I mean also "different" in the way, like in my game, where a user has various bodies for custom NPCs, races, etc.) won't be correctly aligned. Even when you adjust the alignment via SexLab's hotkeys, you'll find the same animation with different actors is somehow screwed (not always, but often). And if you don't use scaling (like it is in my case), the problem is even more likely to appear. Even within "similarly" constructed animation groups (I mean Leito's anims in NSAP), ones are better other are worse as far alignment goes. It may be my setup, however, but I suppose I'm not the only one to observe this.

My idea, complete lame and ignorant, would be to find a way that all animation set up and alignment should be build around the two key "points" - in case of basic MF scene they would be the penis and the vagina. If they match, the rest of the body will be OK, too. Should be obvious right? Again, sorry for my ignorance, I'm just trying to use simple logic, where I lack of specific knowledge. I've just learned that when using COS, once I match the two actors' body parts, the whole "configuration" looks fine.

I hope you guys understand my gibberish. ;)

You don't even need to write code to get a gender tag, SexLab has several functions for that (MakeAnimationGenderTag/GetGenderTag). The code is not the problem. The key words here are "if available". With the current generally available anims, more often than not there won't be any. Adding filtering that leads to no sex is not typically received well by most players.

I do not agree on this statement. (In a respectful, way, of course.)

Tags are the key to provide the correct animation. If you don't do a random sex mod. In this case you can use QuickStart and forget.

Having as result no anims is a possibility. And again is responsibility of who does the mod to handle these possible exceptions.

That's nice on paper but a whole different story when you have to explain to a gazillion posters in your support thread why they don't get sex (or do not get the sex they requested). Anyway I came here to explain how SLEN handled threesomes, if you want to discuss in detail why I decided to do it that way you're welcome to post in the SLEN support thread.

That's nice on paper but a whole different story when you have to explain to a gazillion posters in your support thread why they don't get sex (or do not get the sex they requested). Anyway I came here to explain how SLEN handled threesomes, if you want to discuss in detail why I decided to do it that way you're welcome to post in the SLEN support thread.

Not interested.

Thanks for the proposal.

To get back to the original question about gender tagging: there are many animations in NSAP that are not tagged correctly. There are dozens of animations tagged as "MF" and similar issues exist for a number of the threesome animations. I have not researched the positioning itself too deeply since I haven't seen issues with FM animations in game, so I suspect it is only an issue with the tags and not with the animation positions (i.e. the ones tagged as MF still have the female in the first and the male in the second position), but I am not 100% sure that is also the case for the recent threesomes as I haven't had much chance to use them yet.

SexLab gender tags have a very specific format that makes them useable and scaleable, and that format requires the females to be put first, then the males, and then the critters. See the documentation on MakeAnimationGenderTag and GetGenderTag here on the SexLab wiki (bottom of page). You can find the implementation of MakeAnimationGenderTag in SexLabUtil.MakeGenderTag, or in the spoiler below.

string function MakeGenderTag(Actor[] Positions) global
int[] Genders = GetAPI().ActorLib.GenderCount(Positions)
return GetGenderTag(Genders[1], Genders[0], Genders[2])
endFunction

string function GetGenderTag(int Females = 0, int Males = 0, int Creatures = 0) global
string Tag
while Females > 0
  Females -= 1
  Tag += "F"
endWhile
while Males > 0
  Males -= 1
  Tag += "M"
endWhile
while Creatures > 0
  Creatures -= 1
  Tag += "C"
endWhile
return Tag
endFunction

Note specifically that SexLab itself does not consider the positioning of the actors when creating the tags, it will always put the Fs first, then the Ms and then the Cs, regardless of their position. Of course it's perfectly OK (or even adviseable for performance reasons) to hardcode these tags in the script, but they should at least match the output of these functions, otherwise the mod authors won't know which possible combination of Ms and Fs to search for.

Without this specific format a search for an anim for a group of N actors with a "Sex" tag would require up to a possible maximum of N! separate exclusive tag searches plus list intersections, both costly operations in terms of papyrus load. For example 6 combinations of M, C and F, 3 combinations of 2 Ms and 1 F, or 6 combinations for 2 Fs and 2 Ms. These numbers explode quickly when combining more than one (non-gender) tag in your search.

A search with requireAllTags = True and for example "Sex,FFM" should give all animations tagged with "Sex" for a group of 2 females and 1 male. With the number of animations far exceeding the array limit on most installations now, this is especially important as you cannot reliably do list intersections with searches for common tags (like "Sex") because there are more anims tagged with such common tags than fit in the papyrus array. I.o.w. searching for "Sex" and intersecting with a search for "FFM,FMF,MFF" with requireAllTags = False is not a viable option, because the "Sex" search will frequently return a set of 127 FM anims.

In SexLab 1.60 the tagging itself should not be an issue anymore since Ashal now adds the tags dynamically whenever an animation is registered (see v1.60 sslBaseAnimation.AddPosition), but that still requires the actual animation positions to be in the right order for this to work. And of course many people are still on 1.59c which relies on the tags added by the mods that add the animations.

I know absolutely nothing about the creation of the actual animation hkx files themselves, so I don't know if this requires special attention from the animator, or if it's just a matter of adding the positions in the right order in the papyrus script, but it's something to be aware of.

I know absolutely nothing about the creation of the actual animation hkx files themselves, so I don't know if this requires special attention from the animator, or if it's just a matter of adding the positions in the right order in the papyrus script, but it's something to be aware of.

Good post. Thanks.

The actual "order" of the HKX files does not matter.

Is when "you" (Rydin for example) define the SexLab animation. In this case the HKX files tha t"should" be played by a female character should be the first ones.

HKX animations used by sexlab are "single skeleton animation", so they are independent animations for each actor (they are not "Paired Animations".)

Well @BeamerMiasma, up until now no-one has said to me that the MF vs FM was an issue. I know the threesomes are tagged incorrectly due to my mistakes of rushing but this whole "there are many animations in NSAP that are not tagged correctly" is news. Would be handy if this was spelt out sooner. But this was not the issue. It's not the tagging that's the issue, not the gender tagging in the tags. It's the scripting of the event set up. The order. Female over male over critter. Actor 1, actor 2 and actor 3 etc. But I've had that answer given in a more understandable format and I just have to work on it.

Also @iacex111, I understand what you have said. Animators should generally try for alignment in their animations. For me, I am trying to get the textures added to the aniamtions to give better guidence as I am working with grey dummies each time. But even when we do aim to work to align them, they will only align to the skeleton and scale which they are set up to in the animation program, which I image is generally the default values provided by the mesh.

I import the meshes and I do not scale them or change their size. They are worked with as they are. But certain things like ingame scaling (as you said) height and weight differences, race, skeleton/mesh etc will all cause misalignments. Unless we all work with the same skeleton, same body, same weight and height, then nothing will be exact. There are too many variations now that even when we work to these key points you mention, the will not cover every option out there.

Also @iacex111, I understand what you have said. Animators should generally try for alignment in their animations. For me, I am trying to get the textures added to the aniamtions to give better guidence as I am working with grey dummies each time. But even when we do aim to work to align them, they will only align to the skeleton and scale which they are set up to in the animation program, which I image is generally the default values provided by the mesh.

I import the meshes and I do not scale them or change their size. They are worked with as they are. But certain things like ingame scaling (as you said) height and weight differences, race, skeleton/mesh etc will all cause misalignments. Unless we all work with the same skeleton, same body, same weight and height, then nothing will be exact. There are too many variations now that even when we work to these key points you mention, the will not cover every option out there.

I perfectly understand that. By no means am I complaining about modders' work. On the contrary, I can't appreciate more what you all were capable of squeezing out of Skyrim's engine with all its limitations.

I have played Morrowind, Oblivion, FO games - and there was always something like "it's one way or the other, it's your call". In this case, when I installed "Everybody's Different" patcher I was aware that I would have problems. But, hell, I'd rather have diversity in my game and make some effort with SL hotkeys than have it all fine and smooth (if it's possible) and... monotonous.

Again, thanks for your hard work and making it possible to use all those great animations. :)

I perfectly understand that. By no means am I complaining about modders' work. On the contrary, I can't appreciate more what you all were capable of squeezing out of Skyrim's engine with all its limitations.

I have played Morrowind, Oblivion, FO games - and there was always something like "it's one way or the other, it's your call". In this case, when I installed "Everybody's Different" patcher I was aware that I would have problems. But, hell, I'd rather have diversity in my game and make some effort with SL hotkeys than have it all fine and smooth (if it's possible) and... monotonous.

Again, thanks for your hard work and making it possible to use all those great animations. :)

Don't worry friend. I know you aren't complaining. It's just conversation to address your questions. ^^

err... I've been using the former version of this mod with great satisfaction, I've been updating my SL framework to the 1.60 (same for SKSE and FNIS) and decided to try the last version of NSLAP (ver.3).

And all I get ingame is this :

6iYl4JZ.jpg

I don't use any other animation pack by the way.

err... I've been using the former version of this mod with great satisfaction, I've been updating my SL framework to the 1.60 (same for SKSE and FNIS) and decided to try the last version of NSLAP (ver.3).

6iYl4JZ.jpg

Looks loke an install issue. What version were you using before 3.0? 2.8.2? Did you only update Sexlab?

What I see here is an issue where the scripts for NSAP aren't updating. Have you tried saving and loading your save to see if it pushes it through?

Failing that you can clean save. I don't have enough information from you at this time to assess the situation I'm afraid.

rydin when you will add latest leito human animations ? been waiting to long for your update :(

You'll just have to wait I'm afraid.

6iYl4JZ.jpg

1) uninstall previous version of NSAP

2) star game, load, make a NEW SAVE and quit.

3) install new version of NSAP

4) load save - everything should be all right, "clean" save is not required

and ofcourse don't forget to run fnis between 3 and 4

Thanks, it seems the problem was with the save game itself. When I installed the last SL framework, I uninstalled all my mods linked to SL and updated when there was a new version but my current save game is probably not clean enough because when I started a new game (and character) the NSLAP loaded properly (and came back to a picture when I loaded an old save file). Well, if it's just a character to make again, it's a relief.

Thanks for your help, everybody ! :D