{REDUNDANT} Non SexLab Animation Pack

Hallo Rydin,

Thank you very much for your latest update.

I have an error during Update FNIS Behavior update, saying

all 6 Spanking animation are overlapping with ZAZ animation:

ZapSpank01_A1_S1.HKX  ------A2_S3.

Can you fix this issue, please ?????

I thank you agian for your effort to update your great mod !!!

Hallo Rydin,

Thank you very much for your latest update.

I have an error during Update FNIS Behavior update, saying

all 6 Spanking animation are overlapping with ZAZ animation:

ZapSpank01_A1_S1.HKX  ------A2_S3.

Can you fix this issue, please ?????

I thank you agian for your effort to update your great mod !!!

Answer to this was in the FAQ.

Q. When I run a FNIS Consistency Check, it advises "Duplicate AnimEvent" in two mods. Is this an issue?

A. I don't forsee this as an issue right now. Unless someone can tell me other wise or with an actual game break, it will be fine. I have played with a few of these duplicated animations but never found any issues cuased by them. If this becomes an issue, it will be looked at.

Now I have took a moment to look into this issue and do a small test to see what it breaks. What's actually happening here is that when FNIS sets up it's files, it will override one animation event with another. Lets take for example 3J Cowgirl and 4D Cowgirl. Both animations are cowgirl animation sets but the actual poses in each sequence is different, making them two different animation sets even though they are both Cowgirl animations. However if I put them in two different mods but name them both as "cowgirl_aX_sY.hkx " (where X is actor and Y is stage number), when FNIS pulls the animation information from FNIS_XXX_list.txt, it will see the two animations sequences as duplicates. IT then decided which animation sequence it will use. However if I define them as a 3J animation and ad animation, FNIS will see them as individual events.

This is backed up with this information from the FNIS for Modders_V5.1 resource guide.

With the same tool press "Behavior Consistence Check". This will tell you if you have duplicate or missing AnimEvents and animation file names. It's not possible to use the same animation file name, even when both files are in different folders. The system will not complain, but always uses the last file with this name defined in defaultmale.hkx.

So all that has actually happened in the case on NSL and ZAP is that when you play the Spanking Chair animation in the Test Animation section on the ZAP MCM, you will get the animation sequence I have put together, (which I think only has an extra stage 4 at the moment). 

So while I will look at changing file names and call names and such to resolve the consistance check, but to reassure you it will not cause any game breaks and is not a major issue. I will accept it as perhaps a clean up requirement on my part but do not worry about it. It will nto break your game, it is not a major error and it does realively no harm to your game. The most it would do amend the aniamtion sequence used if a ZAP call was used to get the spanking chair which I accept should not happen.

EDIT: Fixed with Version 1.4.

Version 1.4 is up!

• cleaned scripts and renamed files to stop dupiclates in consistence check
  • added one new 3J animation (holding)
  • extended and fixed ZAP OTK Spanking

Once again I'm going to ask if anyone has any good ENB screenshots of the aniamtions, wither MF, FF or MM and wish to share to add to the main post as examples of the aniamtion poses, please feel free to either PM with links or a ZIP. Anonymity give if you dont wish to be credited. Please title your screenshot with the animation used (ie, 4dcowgirl.bmp).

Someday I shall play this game again instead of modding it all the time, LOL. ><

Version 1.4 is up!

• cleaned scripts and renamed files to stop dupiclates in consistence check
  • added one new 3J animation (holding)
  • extended and fixed ZAP OTK Spanking

Once again I'm going to ask if anyone has any good ENB screenshots of the aniamtions, wither MF, FF or MM and wish to share to add to the main post as examples of the aniamtion poses, please feel free to either PM with links or a ZIP. Anonymity give if you dont wish to be credited. Please title your screenshot with the animation used (ie, 4dcowgirl.bmp).

Someday I shall play this game again instead of modding it all the time, LOL. ><

Thanks for the update, duplicate errors in FNIS are gone :)

updated to 1.4 , now none of your Animation shows up in mcm.

tried refresh etc didnt helped. tested a new game and there it is ok. just not in my running actual game lvl 30.

What version did you upgrade from?

There is a typo in the 1.4 version, the new 3jHolding animation has the keyword Anall (with 2 L's) so Romance/Submit doesnt register it correctly and cant play it.

Thanks for pointing it out. I'll get that patched.

EDIT: Patch will be put on holding until I test out 3J's mod. As he has animations he's made in his own mod, this may mean I'll need to remove them from mine. Patch will probably not be released until the weekend.

Regarding 3J's Animations Pack plugin:

I have done some testing and both animation packs for 3J's Animation v1.0 and Non SexLab Animations v1.4 seem to register fine and I haven't came accross any in game errors. However, I have taken into account a few things about the two mods:

• Running the two mods together at the same time WILL CAUSE a possible consistence issue in FNIS. Even though this will NOT harm your game in anyway, if both mods have different preset adjustments (such as alignment and tagging) in the scripts, only one of them will be registered in FNIS.

• When updating, different mods get updated at different times with different things. So in the future the two mods running together at the same time with the same animations in their registry may start to cause errors due to inconsistences (for example, different animation registration names causing duplicate in-game animations taking up the 128 animation limit).

So I considered two options. The first option was I can either keep all of 3Js animations and continue to add in new ones he makes by copying his animation registry and people can simply download this mod to get ALL animations. However this defeats the point of him having his own mod for animation registration unless people only want his animations in their game and none from the Non SexLab Animation (NSAP) pack. The second option is to remove all the 3J animations (or at least the ones he has in his mod) and discontinue adding his animations. This will stop any FNIS consistence checks and other possible errors in the future.

I knew there might become a point where users won't really need the NSAP as animators and modders will simple edit the code from this mod and others to make their own packs. I actually think they can be positive as it means that people can select which animator's they wish to have in their game without being forced to have a specfic library of them all, especially since it seems some of us are coming or have suppassed SexLab's 128 animation limit.

Version 1.5 will be released most likely at the weekend with most, if not all 3J animations removed. I will have a talk with 3J about what animation sets to keep.

Until then, please be aware that if you want to download his pack to get the (at the time of posting) extra animation he has made (Sex on a chair) but still keep NSAP registered, you will get FNIS consistence checks. You do not need to report this as it will be fixed for version 1.5.

Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.4 and doing a "clean save" and using the tool, I am getting the blank animation thing. This is happens with two of my characters but the other three are as intended. When I say "blank" I mean animations which are not labeled but which have a box next to where the label should be.

Have to hope there will eventually be upgrades which do not require uninstalling first. I have 5 characters, all of whom started with the first version of this mod installed. With each upgrade, I uninstall all traces of this mod, run the save tool, load each character, and make a clean save. With respect to all of the characters, when I rebuild the animation registry, none of the animations added by this mod are shown. I then install the new version, (in this case 1.4), run the editor again and load the character. As I say with three of the characters all of the new animations have names next to the "toggle box" appear to have all of the "toggle boxes" without the names of the new animations.

Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.4 and doing a "clean save" and using the tool, I am getting the blank animation thing. This is happens with two of my characters but the other three are as intended. When I say "blank" I mean animations which are not labeled but which have a box next to where the label should be.

Version 1.2 had a change in the .esp which caused a bug. It was changed to fix a bug caused in the original version. You need to follow the process below as it says, including waiting the time suggested. Any missed or rushed steps can cause it to fail.

• Uninstall the mod. Make sure no traces of the mod or it's files remain.

-- make sure "NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp" is removed from main data folder

-- "sslNSLAnimationAlias" and "sslNSLAnamtionFactory" both removed from data\scripts and data\scripts\source

-- remove the folder "NonSexLabAnimationPack" from data\meshes\actors\character\animations

-- remove the "FNIS_NonSexLabAnimationPack_Behavior.hkx" from data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors

• run FNIS to clear everything up.

• download the "Save Game Script Cleaner" [link] to preform a clean save.

-- load the tool and on your right, select "open" and load the save you wish to clean.

-- on the left under "Scripts" type "sslnsl". Delete both of the scripts that show.

-- click "Save" on the right.

• Load your game and wait about 1 or 2 minutes.

• Go into the SexLab MCM menu and down to "Rebuild & Clean". Select "Reset Animation Registry".

• Check in "Toggle Animations". If there is no sign of 3j, DIK, AM or any aniamtions from this mod, save your game and you can re-install the mod again.

• If you see a bunch of blank lines at the bottom, preform a Rebuild of SexLab by selecting the bottom options in the "Rebuild & Clean" menu. Then repeat the above three steps.

This has worked for most people, even those who reported the issue then followed it again. If it STILL doesn't work I am afraid you will have to revert to a save before you installed the mod, sorry.

EDIT:

Have to hope there will eventually be upgrades which do not require uninstalling first. I have 5 characters, all of whom started with the first version of this mod installed. With each upgrade, I uninstall all traces of this mod, run the save tool, load each character, and make a clean save. With respect to all of the characters, when I rebuild the animation registry, none of the animations added by this mod are shown. I then install the new version, (in this case 1.4), run the editor again and load the character. As I say with three of the characters all of the new animations have names next to the "toggle box" appear to have all of the "toggle boxes" without the names of the new animations.

Unisntalling sometimes is needed I'm afraid. We aren't all expereinced modders to safely say if you do ABC it will cause XYZ so we do it as precautions. Especially in script changing/renaiming and such. I'm sorry you have had issues caused by my lack of expereince at the time but I do the best I can and learn from mistakes.

Upgrading doesn't always work. For example, if you upgrade a mod, old files which may be renamed and even become redundent (due to renames or being disused) clog up your space and (in the event of scripts) may still linger in your game. Uninstalling a mod first and then installing the new version ensures that things that have been changed are correctly put in place.

IF you are using a mod manager, uninstalling should be a simple click on a button. There is no need for clean saves after version 1.3 using script clean tool as the scripts don't change. The only time you would need to do a clean save in the future is if I change any script names with some major overhaul which I don't see anytime soon. What I will do in the case of upgrading is I will do a simple test in game using 1.4 to 1.5 at the weekend and see if doing a registry reset, without having to uninstall or do any cleans, will update the system.

Based on what I have read in your addition to your post, you have not done a rebuild of SexLab which sometimes helps clear all the bank boxes to then have the animation re-registered; you have simply tried to reset the animation registry.

I prefer if you kept them in your mod and add them as you've been doing (your doing a great job!). I'm only assuming that he is only doing his animations (which is good if you want only his animations), where as you are doing multiple authors animations. That and I prefer not too have too many esps

So I considered two options. The first option was I can either keep all of 3Js animations and continue to add in new ones he makes by copying his animation registry and people can simply download this mod to get ALL animations. However this defeats the point of him having his own mod for animation registration unless people only want his animations in their game and none from the Non SexLab Animation (NSAP) pack. The second option is to remove all the 3J animations (or at least the ones he has in his mod) and discontinue adding his animations. This will stop any FNIS consistence checks and other possible errors in the future.

You can keep them, and can also add new ones freely, a lot of people prefer variation. I'll simply rename all duplicated animations in my pack, I believe this should prevent any error messages and other issues, but after that it will be your job to rename animations when you are going to include them in NSAP, deal? :)

Giving the animations between mods the same registry/function names will prevent them from duplicating and prevent any errors. The second mod to try and register using the same registry name will simply see it's already registered and not do anything. It'll also ensure compatibility, regardless of which mod actually registers the animation, they'll use the same saved custom alignments.

The only thing you'd have to do different as far as I know is give the animation events different names in FNIS.

If I understood correctly, it's not an issue with framework itself, it's just FNIS throwing errors and warnings :)

PS: so, you are saying that if I change

s 3j_doggy_f1 3j_doggy_f1.hkx

to, for example,

s 3j_doggyA_f1 3j_doggy_f1.hkx

this will be enough?

If I understood correctly, it's not an issue with framework itself, it's just FNIS throwing errors and warnings :)

PS: so, you are saying that if I change

s 3j_doggy_f1 3j_doggy_f1.hkx
to, for example,

s 3j_doggyA_f1 3j_doggy_f1.hkx
this will be enough?

Should be enough yes. Unless FNIS also checks for conflicting filenames, in which case you'd also have to give the hkx files different names aswell, I'd hazard a guess that it doesn't though.

The framework shouldn't have any issues with any of it regardless of what you do. But if you have different registry names in the registration script, the animation will be duplicated if a user has both mods installed. Both mods giving them the same RegisterAnimation("") names prevent this.

Would it not be better then to just add your animations and advise people not to download your mod? There would be no need to rename the files cause if I continue adding your animations really then shouldn't need to download yours. I would simply copy your library into NSAP and add the animation files.

It was made for my convenience in the first place since I started to create animations, which involve various objects, such as a chair, so I had to create my own mod to see those anims in game. I'm not forcing anyone to download my mod instead of yours. Anyways, from now on I will add any animations I've made to my mod, and you may simply copypaste new content to NSAP.

updated to 1.4 , now none of your Animation shows up in mcm.

tried refresh etc didnt helped. tested a new game and there it is ok. just not in my running actual game lvl 30.

What version did you upgrade from?

from the last one before.

about the double mod discussion : i hoped to get the animations in sexlab update anyway.

one word to the animations :  bbp would be appreciated.

It was made for my convenience in the first place since I started to create animations, which involve various objects, such as a chair, so I had to create my own mod to see those anims in game. I'm not forcing anyone to download my mod instead of yours. Anyways, from now on I will add any animations I've made to my mod, and you may simply copypaste new content to NSAP.

IF your fine with that then we'll do that then. I'll just copy and paste the details from yours into NSAP. I'll also add it somewhere that NSAP will hold all your animations and if they download yours aswell they will get get Consistence messages in FNIS and should only have one or the other (ideally). I'll either update tonight or at the weekend.