AceeQ's Mods (updated 11/03/14)

cooltext1756966034.png

I wanted to open up a thread here on loverslab for all my mods, since I have removed all of them from the nexus and they're only available anymore on my website for download.

My Website: http://aceeqmodding.weebly.com/ (moved the website)
My Tumblr: http://aceeq-modding.tumblr.com/ (I recently post some screenshots or infos about my mods, also new releases etc...)

so7t47qm.png

Fantasy Soundtrack Project provides 700+ minutes (10+ hours) of new music for TESV: Skyirm. 195+ orchestral and instrumental fantasy/epic music tracks for exploring, towns, taverns and castles.

Version 3.0 contains a Dawnguard DLC and a Dragonborn DLC Edition.

6tqjxkx8.png

Skyrim Dark Fantasy Edition is a landscape and flora overhaul for skyrim which aims to create a more dark and realistic atmosphere. While I think skyrim is already a dark fantasy game, after nearly 3 years the look of skyrim get really old. This mod tries to recreate the atmosphere with new trees and landscape objects, so if you're one of the people which want to experience skyrim with another look this is the mod for you!

i5tbaixs.png
totazm4d.png
dv79rrqq.png
acwu4iai.png
mu2c8zm3.png
o28wd3i7.png

72ilxzea.png

Download The Oasis version 1.0

A small oasis in a new worldspace, featuring a player home hut and some other stuff. Some animals walking around (they are harmless and will ignore the player).

A warm and nice place to take some screenshots or use as playerhome. Most parts of the oasis are nav-meshed and follower friendly. I've added a script incl. a ring, which allows you to travel from everywhere to the new player home. There is also custom music for the exterior and the interiors. 

15448921207_67b5d15725_c.jpg
15014155344_78f46cc2e3_c.jpg
15448789658_c0a74c6091_c.jpg
15014740163_cab1a7a6da_c.jpg
15014168724_657f2ccc05_c.jpg

mt2uytpb.png

Skyrim Winter Overhaul will turn all of skyrim into a immersive winter paradise. This is a renewed version of Climate Overhauls - Winter Edition. Mostly different trees and some other new features. This combines Dark Fantasy Overhaul and Climate Overhauls - Winter Edition. Now also with Hearthfire DLC and Dragonborn DLC support.

b5ckj46v.png
t8nfgcwo.png
98qow7v2.png
h2xot88v.png

uptdrwyr.png

Climate Overhauls is still downloadable, but the mod will not get any further updates for a longer time.

OTHER MODS

Thanks a ton, AceeQ!

Unfortunately, after the download finishes for the Summer Edition of the Climate Overhaul, all it says is "Failed - No file". I've tried it several times (with the Tropical version as well), but still no luck.

Is this just a problem on my end? 

Hm, strange, I tried to download a file by myself and it worked fine. Is anyone else having problems with the download from mega?

Thanks a ton, AceeQ!

Unfortunately, after the download finishes for the Summer Edition of the Climate Overhaul, all it says is "Failed - No file". I've tried it several times (with the Tropical version as well), but still no luck.

Is this just a problem on my end? 

Hm, strange, I tried to download a file by myself and it worked fine. Is anyone else having problems with the download from mega?

I'm having the same problem as well :(

In the tropic climate mod, any chance of getting a wider variety of clothing or simply reverting to the old?

I am not really familiar with the creation/recreation of textures nor can I make meshes for cloths or armors.

on your "homepage" i read that the climate mods are dead but i have seen some screens of your wip tropical overhaul of solstheim. would be nice if you can upload this wip so that others may use/edit it further.

it wouldn't make any sense to upload a very unfinished mod, I don't think that anybody will work on it. There is no LOD and also other things are not done jet. 

Tropical Edition was something I liked to work on, but I rather go and create a tropical island instead of transforming skyrim into a tropical world, it just doesn't work well. There too many incompatibilities and also skyrim doesn't look good anymore (same goes for summer edition -> I don't know why but some zones doesn't look good). So i stop now the work on this 2 mods.

Winter Edition will get a big update soon. Also Dark Fantasy Overhaul will get a update.

I am also working on a few other projects, but climate overhauls is finished for me.

too bad the climate overhauls is dead but i don't mind just....its hard to find good clothes for winter skyrim if you ever return to that one but overall i love your work and i hope to see more out of you in the future ^-^

The only thick decent winter clothing you can get is Skaal coats when you have Dragonborn installed. Otherwise there still are some winter gear mods.

I am not really familiar with the creation/recreation of textures nor can I make meshes for cloths or armors.

Clothing mods made for Tropical Skyrim should work.

Tropical Edition was something I liked to work on, but I rather go and create a tropical island instead of transforming skyrim into a tropical world, it just doesn't work well. There too many incompatibilities and also skyrim doesn't look good anymore (same goes for summer edition -> I don't know why but some zones doesn't look good). So i stop now the work on this 2 mods.

In TES5edit I think there's what appears to be editors for the weather and a worldspace loader which should take you to areas where active climates can be tweaked.

Still, it looks easier to build out Stros M'Kai than terraforming Skyrim.

In the tropic climate mod, any chance of getting a wider variety of clothing or simply reverting to the old?

on your "homepage" i read that the climate mods are dead but i have seen some screens of your wip tropical overhaul of solstheim. would be nice if you can upload this wip so that others may use/edit it further.

it wouldn't make any sense to upload a very unfinished mod, I don't think that anybody will work on it. There is no LOD and also other things are not done jet. 

Winter Edition will get a big update soon. Also Dark Fantasy Overhaul will get a update.

I am also working on a few other projects, but climate overhauls is finished for me.

well i could work on your tropical solstheim addon further if it is possible.

Well maybe I should not give up completly on the tropical project. This is what I've done for the next update (maybe I am going to release it, but just as I said, tropical edition extremly lacks on armors and clothing. If someone can help me with textures for clothing and armos it would be a great thing.) Also the landscape needs much more work and that's the part where I really get annoyed, since it is really timeconsuming to work on the landscape correction...

Anyway here a few screenshots how version 1.3 or 1.4 could look:

wu4h36d2.jpg

w2gvfy4t.jpg

ok6nbfml.jpg

To change some of the armor means 

1. Do some editing in TES5edit, making substitutions to leveled armor lists by replacing much of the heavy armor with lightweights, or at least change the stats by making heavy versions of light armors (i.e. modified Alikir light armor for military units, something that Soolie previewed but somewhat stuck in development hell).
  2. Extracting resources (with the script utility that comes with TES5edit), then recoloring them with Paint.net and editing the meshes (you change the texture UV path) in NIFskope.
  3. There are also light armor packs by other modders that should be recommended for use.

But to be honest armor and clothing should be the least of your worries, as from what I know of retexturing and adding LODs to the worldspace is a difficult process (for example, TropSky Solitude had the LODs in the wrong place, completely offset).

To change some of the armor means 

1. Do some editing in TES5edit, making substitutions to leveled armor lists by replacing much of the heavy armor with lightweights, or at least change the stats by making heavy versions of light armors (i.e. modified Alikir light armor for military units, something that Soolie previewed but somewhat stuck in development hell).
  2. Extracting resources (with the script utility that comes with TES5edit), then recoloring them with Paint.net and editing the meshes (you change the texture UV path) in NIFskope.
  3. There are also light armor packs by other modders that should be recommended for use.

But to be honest armor and clothing should be the least of your worries, as from what I know of retexturing and adding LODs to the worldspace is a difficult process (for example, TropSky Solitude had the LODs in the wrong place, completely offset).

Making working LOD's is something I know how to generate/create, that's not the problem. It's more that I have lost the interest in this project. Just as I said above, I rather create a island (forsaken paradise is a island mod I'm working since a few months).

I just think skyirm doesn't fit as tropical world. Winter Edition or Dark Fantasy Overhaul look great imo, because they fit with the world, tropical doesn't. Mostly snow areas look very empty and need much more landscaping also tundra region and most other parts too.

It's just that I don't have the time and the energy to do this all, that's why I'm giving up the tropical overhaul.

I'm focusing now on dark fantasy overhaul and winter edition and other project which may get released.

Your version have the generated LODs properly aligned and didn't eat up framerates; also, when I had TS installed, took me a big deal opening up the console, clicking on trees and disabling them -- and those bloody sandstorms which nearly killed the game -- not a knock on TS, but TS would run easier on super high-end machines with uGrids = 9 and up.

If you wish to discontinue, why not offer up the project to let someone finish it? But even then, we're seeing Beyond Skyrim being expanded further, and soon enough might be possible to visit Stros M'kai as advertised in lore.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for working with this project. I was happy to try the new Winter Overhaul 2.0. So far it seems to be working well with my setup.

Sadly, your current homepage is blocked by Steam. It was noted today that we can not share any weebly-pages there. Steam will detect and delete the addres automatically, repclacing it with a text: "LINK REMOVED - Please don't spam, and be wary of scams." Thus, they can not share the link to your site. Forum is currently very busy and regulars seem to have their hands full. Your mods are occasionally asked there, so this is a real shame.

At least one of the regulars seems to be angry about the matter. Not sure if he can do anything about it, but at least the message got out.