Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Is there a way to have residual arousal after sex? Like a different mod or an option that i missed?

I just doesn't seem right that someone super horny is completely satisfied after just one act...  :blush:

Options would be to reduce arousal by a fixed amount or a percentage for every orgasm in a sex act.

Is there a way to have residual arousal after sex? Like a different mod or an option that i missed?

I just doesn't seem right that someone super horny is completely satisfied after just one act...  :blush:

Options would be to reduce arousal by a fixed amount or a percentage for every orgasm in a sex act.

You loose 20 (at most) arousal after a sex act.  If you are loosing more, some other mod is causing it.

Hello. I don't know if this thread is still active but i'm gonna ask for help anyway. I have installed Sexlab Aroused but when I go to MCM menu. I open the Sexlab Aroused menu the Settings etc shows up but when I try to open them, there's nothing there. Just a blank window and when I close it and try to open the Sexlab Aroused Menu again.. Same thing happens but this time, no settings etc shows.. just a blank window. So what's wrong with it?

With the new SL, I'm hearing people say SLA is misbehaving. Myself, when I look at my log, I see lines like this:

[09/19/2015 - 04:57:31PM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (09042D62)>] Getting actors for 2 and locked = False
[09/19/2015 - 04:57:31PM] Locking for 2 at position 0
[09/19/2015 - 04:57:31PM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (09042D62)>] Getting actors for 2 and locked = TRUE
[09/19/2015 - 04:57:31PM] Locking for 2 at position 1
[09/19/2015 - 04:57:32PM] Found 0 nakedActors
[09/19/2015 - 04:57:32PM] Found 1 arousedActors

I get multiple of those every minute. Looks like some check has gone schitzoid. Any ideas?

Spotted a couple of errors in the papyrus log

[09/19/2015 - 10:16:56PM] Error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [sla_Main (0F042D62)].slaMainScr.OnUpdate() - "slaMainScr.psc" Line 160
[09/19/2015 - 10:16:56PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp19"
stack:

Not something I would normally have spotted, but I had the log running as I was trying to find out why the NPC Arob was in Breezehome

Hello. I don't know if this thread is still active but i'm gonna ask for help anyway. I have installed Sexlab Aroused but when I go to MCM menu. I open the Sexlab Aroused menu the Settings etc shows up but when I try to open them, there's nothing there. Just a blank window and when I close it and try to open the Sexlab Aroused Menu again.. Same thing happens but this time, no settings etc shows.. just a blank window. So what's wrong with it?

Not sure what is happening for you.  The aroused mcm menu works fine for me.  Check back in the posts for a command to restart the MCM quest, I forget what it is.

With the new SL, I'm hearing people say SLA is misbehaving. Myself, when I look at my log, I see lines like this:

[09/19/2015 - 04:57:31PM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (09042D62)>] Getting actors for 2 and locked = False
[09/19/2015 - 04:57:31PM] Locking for 2 at position 0
[09/19/2015 - 04:57:31PM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (09042D62)>] Getting actors for 2 and locked = TRUE
[09/19/2015 - 04:57:31PM] Locking for 2 at position 1
[09/19/2015 - 04:57:32PM] Found 1 arousedActors

I get multiple of those every minute. Looks like some check has gone schitzoid. Any ideas?

Check how often you are asking for updates.  The default should be once every two minutes (120 seconds). You can set this in the MCM menu.

Spotted a couple of errors in the papyrus log

[09/19/2015 - 10:16:56PM] Error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[09/19/2015 - 10:16:56PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp19"

stack:

Not something I would normally have spotted, but I had the log running as I was trying to find out why the NPC Arob was in Breezehome

You have something screwed up.  The error is on a call to slaConfig.wantsPurging which will only be null if you manually copied a new version in or something similiar.

To fix it, do the following in console:

stopquest sla_Main

stopquest sla_Internal

stopquest sla_Framework

resetquest sla_Main

resetquestt sla_Internal

resetquest sla_Framework

That should fix things for you.

You loose 20 (at most) arousal after a sex act.  If you are loosing more, some other mod is causing it.

If it's some other mod, that mod must be Sexlab itself or matchmaker, because I just loaded up a new game with only those two mods, and as soon as I had control of my character, I gave her 100 arousal. Then I used matchmaker to initiate sex with Ralof. Checked arousal afterwards and it was zero. I then set my character's arousal back to 100 and let her go through a masturbation scene. Arousal was again set to zero after the scene ended.

Everything else works fine with arousal, as I've never had any problems with it in any playthrough, so I always thought arousal was supposed to be reset to zero after an orgasm, but your comment changes things. If it's only supposed to lower arousal by 20, then something is not working correctly in Sexlab Aroused Redux, as I'm pretty sure Matchmaker and Sexlab do not touch arousal in any way.

Not sure what is happening for you.  The aroused mcm menu works fine for me.  Check back in the posts for a command to restart the MCM quest, I forget what it is.

I tried restarting the MCM menu like you said but same thing. All I did was install Sexlab Aroused like you said. Just the SexLabAroused_V21. Do I need to install something else?

EDIT: I kinda fixed it. I loaded an older file where the mod was not installed yet used it there and it worked.. Weird bug.

If it's some other mod, that mod must be Sexlab itself or matchmaker, because I just loaded up a new game with only those two mods, and as soon as I had control of my character, I gave her 100 arousal. Then I used matchmaker to initiate sex with Ralof. Checked arousal afterwards and it was zero. I then set my character's arousal back to 100 and let her go through a masturbation scene. Arousal was again set to zero after the scene ended.

Everything else works fine with arousal, as I've never had any problems with it in any playthrough, so I always thought arousal was supposed to be reset to zero after an orgasm, but your comment changes things. If it's only supposed to lower arousal by 20, then something is not working correctly in Sexlab Aroused Redux, as I'm pretty sure Matchmaker and Sexlab do not touch arousal in any way.

You are right, neither of those two know anything about arousal.  I'll test this myself.  Thank you for the detailed explanation of how to create the situation.

I tried restarting the MCM menu like you said but same thing. All I did was install Sexlab Aroused like you said. Just the SexLabAroused_V21. Do I need to install something else?

EDIT: I kinda fixed it. I loaded an older file where the mod was not installed yet used it there and it worked.. Weird bug.

Glad you got it working.  I have heard of weird MCM bugs from time to time.

You have something screwed up.  The error is on a call to slaConfig.wantsPurging which will only be null if you manually copied a new version in or something similiar.

To fix it, do the following in console:

stopquest sla_Main

stopquest sla_Internal

stopquest sla_Framework

resetquest sla_Main

resetquestt sla_Internal

resetquest sla_Framework

That should fix things for you.

I tired that but it still does it, it only seems to happen when sleeping or waiting.

I've attached the full log which I did after stopping and resetting. If I don't sleep then it doesn't happen. The mod works perfectly so I don't think it's that important

Papyrus.0.log

EDIT: Looks like something in the savegame, just tried with a new character and it doesn't happen

if you are desperat to get to work on an old save game try use a save clear even if it is just and update. last time I update Redux there where orphen script from 20 present.

you could also unintall SLA then manual search the data folder for SLA items that may have ben left over from an old installation ( had to do this as I download a fix some time ago for SLA )

if the save still do not work you could delete the SKSE co- save as all most even uninstall ones are still in it.

I used a save game cleaner in the end. A bit of a pain as they're are so many dependencies (which is why I hotfixed it rather than cleaning) but it's going now :)

Everything was working so not sure if it was worth worrying about but better safe than sorry.

EDIT:

Not one of my better ideas as all the dependent mods (like Captured Dreams and Devious Cidhna) have reset. I also tried manually removing the sla scripts using the savegame tool from the save but that led to DD throwing errors instead once sla was reinstalled.

It's been like this for a while and the game is running fine, so I'll do the childish thing, rollback and pretend I never saw it in the first place.

I'm just waiting on some new mod versions to be released and I'll be starting anew in any case, so no point wasting further time with this issue (if it even is one)

EDIT2:

Success, changed to loose file and did the sla quest stop and reset and it solved it :) Seems to be something with the bsa version as the error comes back if I use it again.

I used a save game cleaner in the end. A bit of a pain as they're are so many dependencies (which is why I hotfixed it rather than cleaning) but it's going now :)

Everything was working so not sure if it was worth worrying about but better safe than sorry.

EDIT:

Not one of my better ideas as all the dependent mods (like Captured Dreams and Devious Cidhna) have reset. I also tried manually removing the sla scripts using the savegame tool from the save but that led to DD throwing errors instead once sla was reinstalled.

It's been like this for a while and the game is running fine, so I'll do the childish thing, rollback and pretend I never saw it in the first place.

I'm just waiting on some new mod versions to be released and I'll be starting anew in any case, so no point wasting further time with this issue (if it even is one)

EDIT2:

Success, changed to loose file and did the sla quest stop and reset and it solved it :) Seems to be something with the bsa version as the error comes back if I use it again.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check the bsa directory and make sure it is the same.

Have you considered having an option to increase arousal upon absorbing a Dragon Soul?  The animation practically begs for it. 

Amorous Adventures Arousal Triggers does that already without having to tie the feature to Sexlab Aroused in any way.

So I tried that mod, but while the werewolf trigger works, the dragon one doesn't.  It looks the like author is no longer supporting the mod as well.

Thanks though.

You are right, neither of those two know anything about arousal.  I'll test this myself.  Thank you for the detailed explanation of how to create the situation.

When cumming, it is not arousal, but exposure that gets reduced, this is an important difference to keep in mind since arousal is a calculation that is only partially based on exposure.

The formula for arousal is: DaysSinceLastOrgasm * TimeRate + Exposure.

Since the DaysSinceLastOrgasm is always 0 directly after an orgasm, the "DaysSinceLastOrgasm * TimeRate" part will always be 0 directly after an orgasm. So after an orgasm, arousal is simply equal to the value of exposure.

When you have an orgasm, exposure is reduced by: (SceneTime / AnimationLength) * 20 * ExposureRate

By default your ExposureRate will be 2, so assuming you let the animation run normally without speeding through it or without extending it, your exposure value will be reduced by 40. In practice the value is often 41, 42 or 43, probably because due to the time it takes to undress and align actors between phases, the scene time last just a little bit longer than the animation length. For NPCs, Exposure rate is 1 for elders, 3 for NPCs with a 'sultry' voice, and 2 for the rest, so NPCs lose 20, 40 or 60 exposure.

So that means that if your Exposure value is 40 or lower, your arousal will be 0 after sex (because DaysSinceLastOrgasm * TimeRate + Exposure = 0 * TimeRate + 0 = 0). Also, if you have increased the length of the animation phases in the SexLab MCM menu, the exposure reduction may be more than 40 because the "(SceneTime / AnimationLength)" part becomes higher than 1.

In my experience, PC exposure typically doesn't go up as high as the exposure of NPCs, so often it will be well below 40. This is because:

1. Marking an armor as naked only works for the PC. If you mark an armor as naked in the SAR MCM menu, the PC will be considered naked when wearing it. However an NPC will only be considered naked when they are not wearing anything at all in the cuirass slot. So exposure for "seeing naked" is something that doesn;t happen much to the PC.
  2. Most sex scenes involve the PC, so the PC rarely sees a sex scene between NPCs that increases their exposure for "watching sex".

So PC arousal is mainly governed by "DaysSinceLastOrgasm * TimeRate", and will almost always be 0 directly after an orgasm as a result.

Is there a way to change the range of the arrousal effect through some console command or something? It's become almost impossible to get a group of 7 or more NPCs satisfied, since 1 or 2 pairs of them having sex will arrouse the rest, even while they're two rooms away, to the point of perpetual hornyness. Great for training new TDF prostitutes, but it does feel a bit over the top.

No way to reduce the range, but I think I am gonna put back in the LOS requirement for sex and make the LOS requirement for normal scans an MCM option.

I'll get to that as soon as Leito has the aroused animations complete.

Originally I thought removing the LOS check was a good idea, but I have to agree that the arousal of NPCs ends up being constantly elevated as a result.

For what it's worth, my 2 cents: I would love to see the LOS check put back in, but combined with putting back in the check on "naked armor" for NPCs. Currently this check is only done for the PC, resulting in very little exposure for the PC because they rarely see nakedness. This causes a very skewed exposure balance between the NPCs and PC, with the NPCs always having high exposure (assuming the PC is wearing an armor marked as naked) and the PC always having low exposure.

I think you removed the naked check for NPCs because you felt it was too heavy, but honestly IMO it is peanuts compared to any of a dozen other popular mods that many people are running. The option to toggle naked armor checks for NPCs on/off is already there in the MCM menu, how about hooking that back up but leaving it turned off by default? This would leave the load and functionality the same for anyone who doesn't touch the option, but allow those of us with fast computers (or lean installations) to turn the option on and get a better balanced PC exposure as a result.

One final note: if you do decide to put the naked check for NPC armor back in, I would suggest to turn the option off in the upgrade process, because many people may have it turned on not knowing that it doesn't actually do anything. By turning it off during the upgrade you assure that both load and functionality stay the same as in previous versions for everyone, and those that decide they have enough headroom for the additional load can then choose to turn it back on.

Is there a way to change the range of the arrousal effect through some console command or something? It's become almost impossible to get a group of 7 or more NPCs satisfied, since 1 or 2 pairs of them having sex will arrouse the rest, even while they're two rooms away, to the point of perpetual hornyness. Great for training new TDF prostitutes, but it does feel a bit over the top.

No way to reduce the range, but I think I am gonna put back in the LOS requirement for sex and make the LOS requirement for normal scans an MCM option.

Originally I thought removing the LOS check was a good idea, but I have to agree that the arousal of NPCs ends up being constantly elevated as a result.

For what it's worth, my 2 cents: I would love to see the LOS check put back in, but combined with putting back in the check on "naked armor" for NPCs. Currently this check is only done for the PC, resulting in very little exposure for the PC because they rarely see nakedness. This causes a very skewed exposure balance between the NPCs and PC, with the NPCs always having high exposure (assuming the PC is wearing an armor marked as naked) and the PC always having low exposure.

I think you removed the naked check for NPCs because you felt it was too heavy, but honestly IMO it is peanuts compared to any of a dozen other popular mods that many people are running. The option to toggle naked armor checks for NPCs on/off is already there in the MCM menu, how about hooking that back up but leaving it turned off by default? This would leave the load and functionality the same for anyone who doesn't touch the option, but allow those of us with fast computers (or lean installations) to turn the option on and get a better balanced PC exposure as a result.

One final note: if you do decide to put the naked check for NPC armor back in, I would suggest to turn the option off in the upgrade process, because many people may have it turned on not knowing that it doesn't actually do anything. By turning it off during the upgrade you assure that both load and functionality stay the same as in previous versions for everyone, and those that decide they have enough headroom for the additional load can then choose to turn it back on.

The naked armor check is no longer possible.  The way it was done before was you specified what armor you considered "naked" and then the script looped through all the npcs and checked for this armor.

Now, we let skyrim's engine get all naked actors and there is no way to add the storageUtil armor list.

What I am going to do is introduce two new keywords sla_nakedarmor and sla_eroticarmor.  Both are considered naked armor, but eroticarmor will increase the exposure (double it from 4 to 8) per scan.

This will take some time and lobbying to get mod authors to use these keywords and many (most) will be reluctant to tie their mods to Redux that way, but we shall see.

The naked armor check is no longer possible.  The way it was done before was you specified what armor you considered "naked" and then the script looped through all the npcs and checked for this armor.

Now, we let skyrim's engine get all naked actors and there is no way to add the storageUtil armor list.

What I am going to do is introduce two new keywords sla_nakedarmor and sla_eroticarmor.  Both are considered naked armor, but eroticarmor will increase the exposure (double it from 4 to 8) per scan.

This will take some time and lobbying to get mod authors to use these keywords and many (most) will be reluctant to tie their mods to Redux that way, but we shall see.

You can accomplish the same without depending on armor modders. Although the wiki makes no mention of this fact, the GetEquipped condition function can actually take a FormList as argument instead of just an ObjectID. So you could:

1. Create 2 vanilla FormLists, let's call them sla_NakedArmors and sla_CoveringArmors in this example

2. Add/remove armors to these formlists based on the choices users make in the MCM menu. No need to change MCM layout, simply change the code behind the checkboxes to use the vanilla formlists rather than the StorageUtil ones.

3. Change the conditions on the aliases in your naked scanner as follows:

Replace these original conditions:

WornHasKeyword(ArmorCuirass) == 0 AND
WornHasKeyword(ClothingBody) == 0 AND

with these conditions:

WornHasKeyword(ArmorCuirass) == 0 OR            ; not wearing a cuirass
GetEquipped(sla_NakedArmors) == 1 AND           ; OR the cuirass is marked naked

WornHasKeyword(ClothingBody) == 0 OR            ; not wearing body clothing
GetEquipped(sla_NakedArmors) == 1 AND           ; OR body clothing is marked naked

GetEquipped(sla_CoveringArmors) == 0 AND        ; worn armor is not marked as covering

Based on my tests, this should work fine provided that you make sure that sla_NakedArmors only contains armors/clothing that go in the 'body' slot (which I believe was already the case in the last version that still checked for naked armors). sla_CoveringArmors on the other hand may contain any armor or clothing piece that the user marks as covering so that underwear that typically goes into a misc slot can still be set as covering (again AFAIK this was already the case).

To make it an optional feature is simple a matter of emptying the 2 formlists (FormList.Revert()) when the user turns the option off, in which case the GetEquipped checks will always return 0, and the effective check resulting from this will be the same as it is in the current version of SAR.

I have tested this with a quick and dirty patch (added the formlists and changed the conditions, I didn't change the config script but simply added the armors I wanted marked as naked in the CK) and it seems to work like a charm.

Edit: I see that I actually added some functionality, by accident :) To match the original as close as possible, you could do without the list for covering armors. That's more of a 'nice to have' addition as I always had the problem that the standard SOS undies were not recognized by SLA as armor (due to missing keywords) so they couldn't be set as non-naked. So that would be an optional addition, instead of this we could use undies that are recognized as clothing.

You can accomplish the same without depending on armor modders. Although the wiki makes no mention of this fact, the GetEquipped condition function can actually take a FormList as argument instead of just an ObjectID. So you could:

1. Create 2 vanilla FormLists, let's call them sla_NakedArmors and sla_CoveringArmors in this example

2. Add/remove armors to these formlists based on the choices users make in the MCM menu. No need to change MCM layout, simply change the code behind the checkboxes to use the vanilla formlists rather than the StorageUtil ones.

3. Change the conditions on the aliases in your naked scanner as follows:

Replace these original conditions:

WornHasKeyword(ArmorCuirass) == 0 AND
WornHasKeyword(ClothingBody) == 0 AND

with these conditions:

WornHasKeyword(ArmorCuirass) == 0 OR            ; not wearing a cuirass
GetEquipped(sla_NakedArmors) == 1 AND           ; OR the cuirass is marked naked

WornHasKeyword(ClothingBody) == 0 OR            ; not wearing body clothing
GetEquipped(sla_NakedArmors) == 1 AND           ; OR body clothing is marked naked

GetEquipped(sla_CoveringArmors) == 0 AND        ; worn armor is not marked as covering

Based on my tests, this should work fine provided that you make sure that sla_NakedArmors only contains armors/clothing that go in the 'body' slot (which I believe was already the case in the last version that still checked for naked armors). sla_CoveringArmors on the other hand may contain any armor or clothing piece that the user marks as covering so that underwear that typically goes into a misc slot can still be set as covering (again AFAIK this was already the case).

To make it an optional feature is simple a matter of emptying the 2 formlists (FormList.Revert()) when the user turns the option off, in which case the GetEquipped checks will always return 0, and the effective check resulting from this will be the same as it is in the current version of SAR.

I have tested this with a quick and dirty patch (added the formlists and changed the conditions, I didn't change the config script but simply added the armors I wanted marked as naked in the CK) and it seems to work like a charm.

Edit: I see that I actually added some functionality, by accident :) To match the original as close as possible, you could do without the list for covering armors. That's more of a 'nice to have' addition as I always had the problem that the standard SOS undies were not recognized by SLA as armor (due to missing keywords) so they couldn't be set as non-naked. So that would be an optional addition, instead of this we could use undies that are recognized as clothing.

Sounds like a very good idea.  I am waiting on Leito to get the aroused animations finished and as soon as they are, I'll make an attempt to implement this.

I suggest that your check for keywords checks the Text of the keyword and not the ID. That way any mod wanting to use the keywords you check for would only have to implement their own local keyword with the same text and thus not have to use your mod as a master.

Also in that case you should also NOT make the keywords mod specific with a "sla" prefix but define generic keywords instead (ie. "NakedAmor" instead of "slaNakedArmor").

Doing those two things will make it far easier to talk other mod authors into using those keywords.

I suggest that your check for keywords checks the Text of the keyword and not the ID. That way any mod wanting to use the keywords you check for would only have to implement their own local keyword with the same text and thus not have to use your mod as a master.

Also in that case you should also NOT make the keywords mod specific with a "sla" prefix but define generic keywords instead (ie. "NakedAmor" instead of "slaNakedArmor").

Doing those two things will make it far easier to talk other mod authors into using those keywords.

Well, I am looking at the Condition Function and don't see any condition I can use for just part of a keyword.  Any idea what to use for that?  I do like this idea very much.

Well, I am looking at the Condition Function and don't see any condition I can use for just part of a keyword.  Any idea what to use for that?  I do like this idea very much.

Keyword.GetString() (a SKSE extension) will give you a string for comparison purposes.

Keyword.GetString() (a SKSE extension) will give you a string for comparison purposes.

Need to have it though for use as a condition to an alias fill.