[WIP] YuiH's Stand-Alone Follower Season2

yui0820

341 members have voted

1. 1. Tell me the true! I really wanna know, does all my character's face looks same?

• Yes.
    • No.

Answer the poll..

Well actually that happens to me a lot... its the style... when you paint, or do someting like skyrim creation always they have some similaritys from your characters because you use some kind of eyes, noses, or lips... of course its normal. But if you ask me they all have the same face my answer its no... 

Similar, yes. The same, no way!

I enjoyed your last offering so much I used TES5Edit to replace vanilla npc's appearance (but retaining the original perks and AI packages); Nirya with Filauria, Camilla with Sha, Lydia with Emily. I gave Merura the same AI package as Gerdur and assume she is Ralof's niece. Ciceria is perfect just as she is and I'm excited to meet your latest creations.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

th_Screenshot54396_zps53f5a705.png

I enjoyed your last offering so much I used TES5Edit to replace vanilla npc's appearance (but retaining the original perks and AI packages); Nirya with Filauria, Camilla with Sha, Lydia with Emily. I gave Merura the same AI package as Gerdur and assume she is Ralof's niece. Ciceria is perfect just as she is and I'm excited to meet your latest creations.

Can't vote since It's yes or no. Just like  Killikrates said, they aren't same just similar. I won't be against if you try to change them completely one time but your followers looks great also like this.

For some reasons, I decide to took down the season2 files from Nexus,

I thought about took down here too but... I will keep it in here.

I will stop to update, but I will separate Lynea first, 

and try to make more unique on Falari.

Merura I'm not sure, and Valhalla...delete, bye bye. 

But first, I will try to make Demon girl as soon as possible.

Why would you take your companions down? Because some oddly picky people said they look similar to one another? Who cares what they think, your characters are gorgeous. Especially Valhalla. She's got so much personality and her backstory gave me a lot of sympathy for her. It makes one want to protect her and make her happy. It would be a crime to delete her.

One thing you'll find when modding is that everyone's tastes are very different. You only have to look at the Show Your Skyrim Counterpart thread to realize that. Because of that, though, you have to realize that you will never please everyone with anything you upload. The majority of people love your companions have have looked forward to Season 2 for months. The rest, the critics, don't have to download it if they don't like. There are plenty of other Companion mods available.

So you do what you feel you have to but don't act too hastily. If you're dissatisfied with your characters then take them down. But don't do so based on the opinions of a few critics.

I'm one of the people voting "no", but I think a qualifier is needed:

There is certainly a theme to the faces (round face, puffy lower lip, the eyes) but I think the variance between the characters is big enough

Thanks. :)

Yea... round face because I'm anime type of face maker,

puffy lower lip is really my taste.XD 

I also voted "no" but with your formal season 2 release, their noses do look the same. Again, thanks for the update and will continue to use your great followers! :)

Thanks !! :)

In response to the poll, I thought I should mention that the followers in season 2 look a lot more similar than in season 1, and I think the main reason is the eyes.  In Season 1, they had different eyes (or at least variation in the eyes) and they had different eye placement (which effectively changed their perceived cheeks and lower face length).  In Season 2 it really looks like they all have the same eyes and the same eye makeup.

I really think you did an excellent job in Season 1 with giving them distinct personalities that made them stand out using subtle differences.  Filauria looks so joyful and optimistic primarily because of her eyes and somewhat open mouthed smile.  Ciceria looks so crazily happy because of her manic eyes and smile.  Sha looks so sarcastic and unimpressed because of her eys and i'm-not-smiling-but-i'm-smug mouth.  And Emily looks like the more basic happy and fairly sane look with her eyes and smile.  Also, with their higher eye placement, Filauria and Emily look older and more grown up than the younger looking Sha and Ciceria (though I suppose with Sha it's partially the bangs which come down to her eyes).

I guess one other thing is that in Season 2 they all come on one file and have to have the same body type.  I actually used Ciceria, Filauria, and Sha with different body types, which made them look even more different than each other.

But as always, your followers look lovely :)

Thank all your words, my English is not good, so I don't know how to say but, really wanna thanks all you said.

Ha, I think I will never make the all in on file again.

Answer the poll..

Well actually that happens to me a lot... its the style... when you paint, or do someting like skyrim creation always they have some similaritys from your characters because you use some kind of eyes, noses, or lips... of course its normal. But if you ask me they all have the same face my answer its no... 

Replace vanilla Npcs, that is really really looks fun !! thank you. :)

Can't vote since It's yes or no. Just like  Killikrates said, they aren't same just similar. I won't be against if you try to change them completely one time but your followers looks great also like this.

You're right, and really thanks. :)

you will never please everyone

This. So much this! (sorry, Sarathis that I broke your post down to 5 words, but you know ;) )

@yui0820 Seriously, forget the negative people. Do what you love and if you want, share it. Ignore the people who try to put you down and embrace the people who encourage you.

I meant similar as a compliment! I voted "no" in the poll. I said similar, as in sharing the aspect of beauty. I changed some of the skills and combat styles to suit my needs better (like giving Filauria Nirya's wizard package, or do I mean giving Nirya Fliauria's beauty?). Emily as Lydia makes a great ranger or thief depending on her kit and the setting (she looks great in both Thief's Guild & Whiterun Guard Armor).

tl;dr

Love your work Yui, keep doing what what makes you happy, sharing it makes us happy.

post script: Faendal and Sven better watch out, Camilla (Sha) is too beautiful now not to fight for!

If you feel unsatisfied with your Season 2 characters, I think there's nothing wrong with working a bit more on them.  In many things, a lot of the work of creation comes in editing.  But like everyone else is saying, I'd highly encourage you to not let some negative comments dictate what you do.  If you end up feeling satisfied with your followers, then they probably turned out very well.  You did such a fantastic job with the Season 1 followers, that I would put faith in your own standards.  Not some negative commenters.

And like other people said, I would be sad if Valhalla got permanently deleted.  I actually think that the version with with hair was one of the loveliest companions in Season 2 (and she especially looks nice in the dragonbone barbarian armor).  For the original version, I do tend to hear that most men prefer women to have hair rather than have them be bald, but not all men.  For some men, that's the hottest option by far.  So having a bald option in a sea of women with long hair really should be a good thing.

I wasn't exactly into followers until I started playing with enemy mods and even so I would try to be careful and solo everything. Then when I was looking for something different in the nexus to avoid being two hitted by the draugr bosses I found Emily and Ciceria. I didn't doubt and second and installed them. I coulnd't believe when I found out that there were more!

Don't let bad comments make you feel bad about your work, if you are satisfied with it then it went marvellous  :D . And I have the same opinion as others, don't delete Valhalla please :( . Keep going with the great work!  :)

This is my first post ever here on LL and I just wanted to say "Thank You YuiH" for your wonderful followers.  You need to be strong and follow your heart for you are one of the few that create.  Many others can only wish to create but do not have the ability like myself.  Then you have some people who are jealous of your ability so they try to lessen your creations.  Don't listen to them and keep using your gift to create.

On a different note, I think I saw your character Merura on Steam Workshop title "Cute Follower" under the author of "fam5283".  Is this you as well or is someone taking credit for your creation?

You have a lot of supporters that appreciate your work.  But, like other people have said, no matter how good your work is, it is hard to please everyone.  i think as long as you are happy with your work, that should be the most important. 

really looking forward to demon girl!

Regarding to the voting: They do not have the same faces - but since they all seem to share the same age (and you gave them the according, "cute" look), people might want to ask for more diversity.

This would be my explanation for people asking for something else from you, dear author. Your work is very well done - that's for sure. Maybe people just miss the fact that there are not the desired options available.

BUT. This is your mod, your work, your effort. And in respect of your contribution one only should be critizing when aiming for something constructive.

Therefore, again: great work, thanks for sharing.  :shy:

like many said, your characters looks similar. one primary cause i can think of is because of the narrow nose and wide brows.
just look at your own sig and you'd see that.

but, to think of it, beauty is defined by individual, and when you create your own character you'll always want to make them beautiful, according to your own standards, thus you'll normally end up with having similar looking characters. hell i've bricked my skyrim installation and had to start over more times than i bother to count, but all my characters looks similar.

well if you really want to make a change, then maybe you could get a part, say, the mouth, then make a random but sigfinicant change (wide AND thick lips), model the rest to fit in with your mouth. i dunno how well that'll work, but i guess it's a start?

加油,别气馁,记得你在LL是有一定的名气的哦

Why would you take your companions down? Because some oddly picky people said they look similar to one another? Who cares what they think, your characters are gorgeous. Especially Valhalla. She's got so much personality and her backstory gave me a lot of sympathy for her. It makes one want to protect her and make her happy. It would be a crime to delete her.

One thing you'll find when modding is that everyone's tastes are very different. You only have to look at the Show Your Skyrim Counterpart thread to realize that. Because of that, though, you have to realize that you will never please everyone with anything you upload. The majority of people love your companions have have looked forward to Season 2 for months. The rest, the critics, don't have to download it if they don't like. There are plenty of other Companion mods available.

So you do what you feel you have to but don't act too hastily. If you're dissatisfied with your characters then take them down. But don't do so based on the opinions of a few critics.

Thank about all your words.

Yes, you're right, I can't please everyone.

But also I made mod just for entertainment,most of for myself, 

but if someone make me feel uncomfortable, feel I am not happy to shared, I just take down my works.

Because I'm not made the mod for charity, I made mod to bring myself happy, for people who like my work and like to used.

I'm really not good at English, don't know many words, so I don't know how to express my heart's feelings,

but I really thank for what you said, thank you, thank you.

Actually I'm not saying this in a bad way, I do like them even they look "a little" (this is not a bad thing,you may took it in they wrong way, I do apologize if this is the case) similar. Don't delete your work for this. This is not exactly the way I meant it.

Don't apologize, :)

you said the good things to me, really.

Thank you, I know what you mean, don't worry.

you will never please everyone

This. So much this! (sorry, Sarathis that I broke your post down to 5 words, but you know ;) )

@yui0820 Seriously, forget the negative people. Do what you love and if you want, share it. Ignore the people who try to put you down and embrace the people who encourage you.

Yes, I will.

Thank you for the words. :) 

I meant similar as a compliment! I voted "no" in the poll. I said similar, as in sharing the aspect of beauty. I changed some of the skills and combat styles to suit my needs better (like giving Filauria Nirya's wizard package, or do I mean giving Nirya Fliauria's beauty?). Emily as Lydia makes a great ranger or thief depending on her kit and the setting (she looks great in both Thief's Guild & Whiterun Guard Armor).

tl;dr

Love your work Yui, keep doing what what makes you happy, sharing it makes us happy.

post script: Faendal and Sven better watch out, Camilla (Sha) is too beautiful now not to fight for!

"doing what makes you happy"  Yes, thank you, I will. Thank you for the words. :)

Haha !! lol 

If you feel unsatisfied with your Season 2 characters, I think there's nothing wrong with working a bit more on them.  In many things, a lot of the work of creation comes in editing.  But like everyone else is saying, I'd highly encourage you to not let some negative comments dictate what you do.  If you end up feeling satisfied with your followers, then they probably turned out very well.  You did such a fantastic job with the Season 1 followers, that I would put faith in your own standards.  Not some negative commenters.

And like other people said, I would be sad if Valhalla got permanently deleted.  I actually think that the version with with hair was one of the loveliest companions in Season 2 (and she especially looks nice in the dragonbone barbarian armor).  For the original version, I do tend to hear that most men prefer women to have hair rather than have them be bald, but not all men.  For some men, that's the hottest option by far.  So having a bald option in a sea of women with long hair really should be a good thing.

Thank you for the words you said, and sorry I will still do what I want, not actually decide, but I will follow what I want.

Still, thank you, thank you. :)

I wasn't exactly into followers until I started playing with enemy mods and even so I would try to be careful and solo everything. Then when I was looking for something different in the nexus to avoid being two hitted by the draugr bosses I found Emily and Ciceria. I didn't doubt and second and installed them. I coulnd't believe when I found out that there were more!

Don't let bad comments make you feel bad about your work, if you are satisfied with it then it went marvellous  :D . And I have the same opinion as others, don't delete Valhalla please :( . Keep going with the great work!  :)

Really sorry, and thank for your words, and it is honor you like Emily and Ciceria, thank you. :)

Ok, been trying to install Valhalla (with hair) using Mod Organizer and the .tgz file isn't showing up. When I try and use power archiver to manually install, the file is empty. Any help?

Edit: Disregard... using 7.zip and I was able manually install the file.

So... ok, now?

This is my first post ever here on LL and I just wanted to say "Thank You YuiH" for your wonderful followers.  You need to be strong and follow your heart for you are one of the few that create.  Many others can only wish to create but do not have the ability like myself.  Then you have some people who are jealous of your ability so they try to lessen your creations.  Don't listen to them and keep using your gift to create.

On a different note, I think I saw your character Merura on Steam Workshop title "Cute Follower" under the author of "fam5283".  Is this you as well or is someone taking credit for your creation?

Thank you for the words, it is give me some confidence. :) 

And thank you for telling me that, that's not me. lol

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=318857328

The pictures show the name being Merura

lol That's not me. XDDD

You have a lot of supporters that appreciate your work.  But, like other people have said, no matter how good your work is, it is hard to please everyone.  i think as long as you are happy with your work, that should be the most important. 

really looking forward to demon girl!

Yes, you are right, thank your words and sorry I wanna make myself happy so I follow what I want.

Thanks. :) 

Regarding to the voting: They do not have the same faces - but since they all seem to share the same age (and you gave them the according, "cute" look), people might want to ask for more diversity.

This would be my explanation for people asking for something else from you, dear author. Your work is very well done - that's for sure. Maybe people just miss the fact that there are not the desired options available.

BUT. This is your mod, your work, your effort. And in respect of your contribution one only should be critizing when aiming for something constructive.

Therefore, again: great work, thanks for sharing.  :shy:

Thank you for what you said, thanks. :)

Sorry, I really wanna said more words but my English is just....

please understand, I really appreciate to you and all what you said. 

like many said, your characters looks similar. one primary cause i can think of is because of the narrow nose and wide brows.

just look at your own sig and you'd see that.

but, to think of it, beauty is defined by individual, and when you create your own character you'll always want to make them beautiful, according to your own standards, thus you'll normally end up with having similar looking characters. hell i've bricked my skyrim installation and had to start over more times than i bother to count, but all my characters looks similar.

well if you really want to make a change, then maybe you could get a part, say, the mouth, then make a random but sigfinicant change (wide AND thick lips), model the rest to fit in with your mouth. i dunno how well that'll work, but i guess it's a start?

加油,别气馁,记得你在LL是有一定的名气的哦

Thanks, and thank your advice, but I think when I make a character, I can't stop do what I wish the character's look like.

Thanks for the last words.

Hey can you tell me a tutorial or something that allow make what you do...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=318857328

The pictures show the name being Merura

lol That's not me. XDDD

Then let's flag it as stolen work ;)

@yui you can file a DMCA (click on the flag below the pictures. In the window there's a link to a DMCA-form)

It.... kinda funny how so many comment with Merura on there. XDDDD

It not really annoying me, so I think I won't care this, just make sure you guys if you like Merura, don't downloads this, downloads mine in here. XDDD

YuiH I always believed you'd never stop create such a lovely companions, cause you've got a big talent on it ;)!!!

Thanks a lot, they're just amazing!!!

Thank you. :)

• 1 month later...

hello

can some 1 help me

i download folowers and instal but i got 1 prb maybe can help me fix it

when i play normal game on big map quest show me location where to go

after instal follower dont show me any more ... is there any way to fix to see quest locations on map tp?

Archived