Hmmm, snagged book 3 and read the ledger, think something was supposed to happen but didn't...

Dwemer trap had my ears perked...

Yeah... I had some trouble getting the damn thing to work properly. In the end, I scrapped the idea. I'll revisit it in the future, once I figure out what I'm doing wrong.

For now, just assume that the guy didn't remember to activate the trap.  :-/

Aww. I thought I was finally going to find an in-game method to end up in a milking machine. Haven't seen it actually get used in any other mods, or at least haven't figured out how to trigger it in any that I have, aside from straight-up console-commanding it.

Hmmm, snagged book 3 and read the ledger, think something was supposed to happen but didn't...

Dwemer trap had my ears perked...

Yeah... I had some trouble getting the damn thing to work properly. In the end, I scrapped the idea. I'll revisit it in the future, once I figure out what I'm doing wrong.

For now, just assume that the guy didn't remember to activate the trap.  :-/

Aww. I thought I was finally going to find an in-game method to end up in a milking machine. Haven't seen it actually get used in any other mods, or at least haven't figured out how to trigger it in any that I have, aside from straight-up console-commanding it.

No, nothing like that. :)

There are two mods that I know of that use the milking machine:

SGO: Milk Slave Experience

Milk Mod Economy

Well, came to the end of the questline... and... I'm afraid I may have to assassinate the mod creator for leaving a quest objective open in my quest log.

OCD Assassin engage! Sorry everyone who wanted this mod to progress further.

Seriously, though, does it currently leave you hanging, or did something break? In addition, I've been looking for the eighth book, but the interrogator seems to be in denial.

Well, came to the end of the questline... and... I'm afraid I may have to assassinate the mod creator for leaving a quest objective open in my quest log.

Seriously, though, does it currently leave you hanging, or did something break? In addition, I've been looking for the eighth book, but the interrogator seems to be in denial.

Hmm... which objective stayed open? I thought I properly added a "completed" line to each one...

Screenshot?

It does leave you hanging... abrupt end to the quest. Herra and Jaef just disappear into thin air. :)

The interrogator doesn't have the book... it's in a chest in his quarters. I don't remember if I locked it and added a key, though...

Hmm... which objective stayed open? I thought I properly added a "completed" line to each one...

Screenshot?

It does leave you hanging... abrupt end to the quest. Herra and Jaef just disappear into thin air. :)

The interrogator doesn't have the book... it's in a chest in his quarters. I don't remember if I locked it and added a key, though...

Well, I was expecting that, but after reading the note, 'return book 7 to Herra' just stayed in my quest log. Or whatever the exact text of that was. Also, I didn't look in his quarters, I was poking around in his dungeon room. I'll have to figure out where he sleeps. *creepy eyes*

Screenshot?

Well, I was expecting that, but after reading the note, 'return book 7 to Herra' just stayed in my quest log. Or whatever the exact text of that was. Also, I didn't look in his quarters, I was poking around in his dungeon room. I'll have to figure out where he sleeps. *creepy eyes*

DERP... I think I found the problem, there. Strange nobody else mentioned it...

The quest completes at stage 240. Your journal should say this:

I have returned to Herra's house, only to find her and Jaef gone. In lieu of payment, I have been given Herra's house. With a little cleaning, it might make a decent living space. Shame about the neighbors. If I am interested in recovering the final volume, it is in Northwatch Keep.

Problem is, stage 240 is never actually called... player is stuck at where you pick up the seventh book.

I'll add a script to the final note that will call 240, that should fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the Ponygirl farm exist yet? Or is it just mentioned for flavor?

Just flavor... for now. ;)

My original intent was to eventually create an actual ponygirl farm outside Whiterun. I was going to use the spot in the cliffs where those smuggler bandits hang out as a base location, and put up a paddock and do some real modding.

Then I realized that I pretty much suck at anything but dialogue, so it went on the back burner.

But... that does not mean something with ponygirl stuff is not coming in the future!

Near future? Far future? Immediately? Never to happen? Only one person can say for certain...

Pray to the goddess and perhaps she might smile upon you.  :D

FYI - A "black forehead" bug is usually due to the eyebrows mesh lacking a NiAlphaProppery. Check if the eyebrows .nif has a NiAlphaProppery.

If it doesn't, then the easiest way to fix it is to copy over an already set up NiAlphaPropperty from a working head mesh. To do this, open up the your head mesh and any working head mesh in Nifskope. Then in the .nif with the working eyebrows,, navigate to the block containing the eyebrows mesh and right click on the NiAlphaProperty Block -> Copy. Then, in your broken head mesh, navigate to the eyebrows mesh and right click on the NiTriShape then Block -> Paste.

Note that in order to copy from one .nif to another in Nifskope, the NiNode/BSFadeNode in block 0 need to be named the same. I recommend naming them both the default name, "Scene Root" (although it doesn't matter as long as they have the same name).

FYI - A "black forehead" bug is usually due to the eyebrows mesh lacking a NiAlphaProppery. Check if the eyebrows .nif has a NiAlphaProppery.

If it doesn't, then the easiest way to fix it is to copy over an already set up NiAlphaPropperty from a working head mesh. To do this, open up the your head mesh and any working head mesh in Nifskope. Then in the .nif with the working eyebrows,, navigate to the block containing the eyebrows mesh and right click on the NiAlphaProperty Block -> Copy. Then, in your broken head mesh, navigate to the eyebrows mesh and right click on the NiTriShape then Block -> Paste.

Note that in order to copy from one .nif to another in Nifskope, the NiNode/BSFadeNode in block 0 need to be named the same. I recommend naming them both the default name, "Scene Root" (although it doesn't matter as long as they have the same name).

Whoa... I have no idea what most of that means. :)

But Froa is the only person in the entire game with that particular problem (that I've seen, anyway). I basically copied her from Iddra and then modified stuff. Her eyebrows are used by other NPCs that don't have the same forehead bug... do you mean it's contained in the exported facegen files, somehow they got bugged? And if so, does that mean I have to hunt through them for the correct face .nif and do that, or is it fixable in the CK? Would changing her eyebrow type (she's currently using human eyebrows 7) do the job?

And when you say "from a working head mesh" do you mean any head mesh, or does it specifically have to be a female Nord mesh?

Whoa... I have no idea what most of that means. :)

But Froa is the only person in the entire game with that particular problem (that I've seen, anyway). I basically copied her from Iddra and then modified stuff. Her eyebrows are used by other NPCs that don't have the same forehead bug... do you mean it's contained in the exported facegen files, somehow they got bugged? And if so, does that mean I have to hunt through them for the correct face .nif and do that, or is it fixable in the CK? Would changing her eyebrow type (she's currently using human eyebrows 7) do the job?

And when you say "from a working head mesh" do you mean any head mesh, or does it specifically have to be a female Nord mesh?

I'll take a look at it for you - it's no trouble. I just know that that is often the cause of that bug.

See, eyebrow meshes in Skyrim are flat planes with textures painted on them. Since some eyebrows are bigger than others, there is a lot of "extra" space in on the mesh. In most eyebrow textures, this "extra" space is taken up by empty areas - places with no color. Essentially, and alpha property tells the game to make these "empty spaces" in the texture invisible, so that the textures underneath them can show up. If a mesh lacks an alpha property, the textures that would normally be invisible show up in-game as black, since the game doesn;t know what to fill them in with.

EDIT: They all seem to be set up properly, so its not the alpha mask issue. Do the eyebrows look black when you load her head in the CK as well...?

EDIT: They all seem to be set up properly, so its not the alpha mask issue. Do the eyebrows look black when you load her head in the CK as well...?

Sorry, didn't see the edit at first...

The forehead looks like this in the CK (and in Skyrim too):

post-462261-0-95262200-1427878965_thumb.jpg

I tried setting the eyebrows to something else, and that didn't change it either.

I was thinking of just making her a redguard and setting her skintone to very dark. After all, Froa's mother is Iddra, but Froa's father isn't necessarily Kjeld...  ;)

Development is going to zero for the next 2-6 weeks, due to a family health issue.

I'll be without my precious, precious internet for that time, so goodbye y'all, see you in a month, month and a half at the outside.

Current status of this mod:

I've apparently fixed Froa's forehead, no idea how, but it works. We'll see what happens.

As soon as I get back, I fully intend to finish up the KS and No4 patches.

• 2 weeks later...

Development is going to zero for the next 2-6 weeks, due to a family health issue.
I'll be without my precious, precious internet for that time, so goodbye y'all, see you in a month, month and a half at the outside.

I've apparently fixed Froa's forehead, no idea how, but it works. We'll see what happens.

I had the dark forehead bug when creating custom NPCs and then I found out it was the lipstick from Bella's face textures being applied to the forehead by the CK. The simple fix was to remove the Tintmasks folder from Textures>Actors>Character>Character Assets before doing any NPC work in the CK and exporting facegen data, and then to replace the folder afterwards before launching the game. The CK is simply incompatible with custom face textures.

I had the dark forehead bug when creating custom NPCs and then I found out it was the lipstick from Bella's face textures being applied to the forehead by the CK. The simple fix was to remove the Tintmasks folder from Textures>Actors>Character>Character Assets before doing any NPC work in the CK and exporting facegen data, and then to replace the folder afterwards before launching the game. The CK is simply incompatible with custom face textures.

Froa in CK without tintmasks installed, and in-game after exporting facegen data without tintmasks installed (they were of course replaced after closing the CK):

post-660823-0-98799200-1429629390_thumb.jpg

post-660823-0-56698900-1429629401_thumb.jpg

Alright I'm having some trouble. Slight spoilers.

I'm looking for the courier north of Ivarstead, and he's not there. Well, I get that he's supposed to have been killed, but his body is missing too. How do I find him? Do I need a console command?

I'm looking for the courier north of Ivarstead, and he's not there. Well, I get that he's supposed to have been killed, but his body is missing too. How do I find him? Do I need a console command?

There's a hill with a well on top of it very close by, maybe the other side of the path, I thought he was up there. Was last time I looked.

There's a hill with a well on top of it very close by, maybe the other side of the path, I thought he was up there. Was last time I looked.

I get that, but his body's not there. Hence my asking for Console help.

I get that, but his body's not there. Hence my asking for Console help.

xx02246d is the ID to move to them, or replicate with Placeatme. (baseID?)

book6courier is his name and xx02246c is his other reference, if that has any use.

@Mister E and kenny316

Starting from the Troll den north of Ivarstead, you should see the path on the other side of the river.

V6gu4pC.jpg

Up the path you'll find a table on your right.

QppuI4O.jpg

Looking back you'll see a well, the courier should be around there, rather dead...

nPrnuCd.jpg

The book is in the chest on the table.

Player.additem ##021f09 should give you the key to the strongbox, just replace the ## with the position CoCo_TDM2 has in your load order.

You could use "help coco_strongboxkey" to get the ID...

Yep. I'm gone for two weeks, and suddenly there are bug reports.  :-/

Thanks jordisslave and thermius, those are correct... hope that fixes people's problems...

I thought I made it sort of obvious where to go (to the well) in the journal entry on the table, but apparently not. I should probably have added a map marker to the corpse.

EDIT: IIRC, I set the corpse to appear when you pick up the diary on the table... and there have been people having issues picking up the diary (it works fine for me, but that's sort of obvious, and a cop-out to boot). I think the hitbox is being hidden by other objects or something. Try TCL to get to the diary, maybe?