The cook made me want to pickpocket the butt plug from DD Cursed Loot up his ass, but it wouldn't fit because of the massive sequoia already up there.

I love your writing xD, keep up the good work!

Typo report:

In Anton Virane's dialog, he mentions Vonada. The NPC is named Voada

Thanks! :)

I'll fix the typo soon, but soon is a relative term. It may be a week or so...

I've also experienced a few instances where dialog text with more than one line fail to show the second line onwards. Best example being Jaef's first chat with you.

It is entirely possible that this is a result of multiple dialog mods on my rather saturated install, which I fear is the most likely cause...

I've also experienced a few instances where dialog text with more than one line fail to show the second line onwards. Best example being Jaef's first chat with you.

It is entirely possible that this is a result of multiple dialog mods on my rather saturated install, which I fear is the most likely cause...

Do you mean  this:

1. One of them is interacting with members of the public on my behalf. I must say, I am quite taken with her,

2. and I believe I have you to thank for the speed at which our relationship is improving. I would be grateful if you would continue to retrieve

3. these books for her, as she does treasure them so.

I know, I dislike that bit. The problem that I have is that dialog lines are limited (for NPCs) to 149 characters, and there was no good spot to break them, so I just put single sentences across multiple lines, and it looks weird in-game (especially considering that every other dialog in Skyrim has one sentence per line). I think I'll end up changing that bit, shortening it somewhat so it fits the standard one sentence on one line.

Er... or do you mean that the second line isn't showing up at all? That's odd, and I would have no idea what's causing that. What other dialog mods are you using?

Edited, this should be better. Originally I had intended Jaef to speak monosyllabically, and then when that didn't pan out, I wanted him to speak very short sentences with few words. But like it says under "things I learned" in the OP, once I start writing dialog, it's hard to force myself to stop. I ended up mashing things together without a plan.

1. Yes. I am sorry we have not had the chance to speak, but I am trying to train my new girl to perform all of her necessary duties.
2. One of them is interacting with members of the public on my behalf.
3. I must say, I am quite taken with her, and I believe I have you to thank for the speed at which our relationship is improving.
4. I would be grateful if you would continue to retrieve these books for her, as she does treasure them so.

Oh, where to start...

- SL Dialogues

- SL Romance

- Sisterhood of Dibella

- DD Cursed Loot

- DD Interactions

Fus-Ro-Doh changes dialogue handling, but I'm not versed specifics.

My best guess is SL Dialogues, but nothing solid or repeatable tbh... Mostly because some weird dead ends in SLD's dialog.

Edit: The formatting is fine. I just miss most of it

Edit Edit: Might be because your dialogue could use Fus-Ro-Doh... Something about skipping lines http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14884/?

Hmm... I should put Fus-Ro-D'oh on the requirements. I have it, and it's so ubiquitous that I didn't consider people wouldn't have it for any dialog-based mod. My bad.

I am using all of the mods you've listed except SL Romance, and no problems here. "Here" is the operative word.

Dialogs are showing up fine for me... but then again, I've had issues with that recently, where the mod works perfectly fine for me and nobody else. :)

All Fus-Ro-D'oh does is add in blank lip files, so subtitles will play for a certain length, determined by the number of words in the dialog line (max 10 seconds). This can be edited, I believe, in the accompanying .INI file, if you want to slow things down. If you don't have it, you should be seeing dialog fast-forward, too fast to see, but no skipped lines...

I re-read Fus-Ro-D'oh's page, I don't see anything there about skipped lines... and I'm lazy, I'd rather not go through 18 pages of comments to see if someone's posted anything about it. Can you direct me to the exact spot where it talks about that?

Can't find it anymore >.>

Consider it a glitch in my install, I'll be keeping an eye on other dialogue... I did have Fuz installed btw.

I'm at 84 mods atm, but I'm too far along to want to start over.

I should add another install, just for testing... xD

Can't find it anymore >.>

Consider it a glitch in my install, I'll be keeping an eye on other dialogue... I did have Fuz installed btw.

I'm at 84 mods atm, but I'm too far along to want to start over.

I should add another install, just for testing... xD

I feel your pain.

I rarely get any character above maybe level 20, 25 or so before starting a new game, because various mods update and I try to test them all. I always feel like I might be missing something really good later on, but I can't stop myself from starting over, and over, and over... :)

How far are you along in Herra's quest?

You can try to do this in the console: resetquest cocoq1

That should reset all stages.

The way the quest is set up, it *should* advance normally, including giving you the books when appropriate. The only difference is that various things that have already been enabled in your playthrough will still be enabled the second time through, so technically you could advance the quest faster than you otherwise might, assuming you go off the rails.

I've never tried to reset the quest like that, so I can't guarantee that it'll work, but it might be worth a try...?

Well at post #52 I was at the cook, at post #57 I was on my way to get the 7th book.

I think I am done now,

as I have found Herra's note. A bit of a heartbreaker for sure.

I like Herra. She seems curious, but also in control. I came to like Jaef as well.

That said...

There is a Black Soulgem with his name on if she is harmed in any way... :P

Your characters are relate-able, the manuals are a pleasant read and it made me want to power through the quest. So I did... So yeah...

Jaef is a good guy... but he might have a darker side.

After all, according to the slave ledger found in the abandoned slave market, he has purchased a slave before Herra... 

According to Herra, Jaef only recently arrived in Skyrim from his home in High Rock, just for her, so what was he doing at a slave auction purchasing another slave? Where did that other slave go? Was Jaef lying to Herra?

That being said, if Jaef really had any desire to cause harm to Herra, he's had plenty of opportunities to do so, and he hasn't yet, so she's probably fine.

Hmm, leaving her shack does strange things to followers.  The seem to exit to somewhere else and then take a while to run to me.

Oops... you found another bug!

I forgot to navmesh her shack, inside and out. I think that's the problem.

Her shack was a direct copy of Heimskr's house in Whiterun (just modified a bit, added a few items like some bad food and a rotten egg, Herra's kind of distracted from cleaning by her new devious toys), so I think it's navmeshed properly inside (but I'll check), but outside I didn't do anything like that.

I've never even looked at navmeshing, any tutorials or anything... I guess I really should. :)

My follower is currently at the Whiterun sanctuary of Dibella, after a run in with some... Cursed Loot... I really have to find more keys -_-

I might want to have a look at the ledger again... Visit the good folk of Skyrim who would 'invest in others'...

I have a lot of Black soulgems...

Is there a way to talk to Alva or am I suppose to just murder my way to that book?

I didn't want to mess with Alva's default packages, no telling what I'd break in the Laid to Rest quest, so I never added anything to her... so basically, you can either kill her and take the book from her strongbox, or stealth your way and grab it.

EDIT:

If you've started Laid to Rest, she'll spend the daylight hours asleep in her coffin, and be out and about during the night, which is a good time to sneak in and take the book without murdering her.

If you have not yet started Laid to Rest, though, she'll be asleep there during the night and awake during the day... the devs didn't figure in the fact that she was a vampire when setting up her initial schedule. Probably because she isn't technically a vampire - her race is Nord, not VampireRaceNord as she should be.

EDIT 2:

Depending on the time of day you get to her cellar, she may or may not be hostile to you... I believe that if she's asleep, she'll attack you if she detects you, but if she's awake and walking to the door (this happened to me a few times during testing), she will be nonhostile.

I don't know if killing her before starting Laid to Rest will break that quest. I recommend stealth.

Vol 6 mission was a bit strange, the courier's journal could not be picked up/read when I first found it, after wandering around for a long time looking for the key to the strong box I stumbled across the corpse and when I came back to the table the book could be interacted with.

Once you have started Laid to Rest and snagged her journal, Alva will move to the Movarth's Lair. At which point it is perfectly alright to run her through with extreme prejudice and loot her book...

I need to add a note about this to the OP...

Got it off the ground proper eh? Grats! :)

Thanks! It's only a couple months late, so I feel fully justified in taking another couple months break! :)

Hmm, leaving her shack does strange things to followers.  The seem to exit to somewhere else and then take a while to run to me.

Oops... you found another bug!

I forgot to navmesh her shack, inside and out. I think that's the problem.

Her shack was a direct copy of Heimskr's house in Whiterun (just modified a bit, added a few items like some bad food and a rotten egg, Herra's kind of distracted from cleaning by her new devious toys), so I think it's navmeshed properly inside (but I'll check), but outside I didn't do anything like that.

I've never even looked at navmeshing, any tutorials or anything... I guess I really should. :)

Whoa... I've been looking at some of Skyrim's default navmeshing, and I gotta say, some of it really kind of sucks.

Like, I've seen some of this:

post-462261-0-95980200-1425582854_thumb.jpg

That I believe would be better done like this:

post-462261-0-64840100-1425582864_thumb.jpg

I dunno, though... I've never messed with navmeshing in any game before, so maybe the whole "lots and lots of thin triangles" is a good idea? I tend to think it would be worse than the alternative, but... what do I know?  :-/

Vol 6 mission was a bit strange, the courier's journal could not be picked up/read when I first found it, after wandering around for a long time looking for the key to the strong box I stumbled across the corpse and when I came back to the table the book could be interacted with.

Uh-oh...

The courier's journal is disabled from game start, and enables when reaching that stage in the quest. It should be able to be picked up (the hitbox might be blocked by the bottles of wine and etc. around it)... the courier's corpse should be up by the well (he was killed by the wispmother he mistook for his goddess)...

I might have gotten the staging wrong (where the journal can't be interacted with until you get the key, rather than vice versa)... I'll take a look.

Finished.  Was fun and went fairly quickly.

A quest log would be handy, I did have one time where after getting attacked by two dragons on the way I forgot where I was going and had to go back and talk to her again.  Sad that it ended so abruptly, would like to hear the story how she moved a guy in without her parents knowing.  Can't see them being cool with it with how "protective" they are suppose to be.

Not a fan of 4th wall breaking so I won't be adding this to my normal playlist but was worth a quick spin, Thank you for making it and sharing it with us.

A quest log would be handy, I did have one time where after getting attacked by two dragons on the way I forgot where I was going and had to go back and talk to her again.  Sad that it ended so abruptly, would like to hear the story how she moved a guy in without her parents knowing.  Can't see them being cool with it with how "protective" they are suppose to be.

Not a fan of 4th wall breaking so I won't be adding this to my normal playlist but was worth a quick spin, Thank you for making it and sharing it with us.

Maybe there should be a warning in the mod description!

I have a friend who's never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off as the talking to camera pisses them off so much.

Maybe there should be a warning in the mod description!

I have a friend who's never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off as the talking to camera pisses them off so much.

When I first started making this mod, I couldn't figure out how to get my quest logs to show up. After a few days of testing in the early stages, though, I found it to be more fun not having a quest pointer... but that's just me. :)

Well, they sleep during the day and move around only at night, so I guess it's possible Jaef just hid in Herra's cottage during the day...

Good point... yes, there should be.

As soon as all bug reports are in (I figure I'll give it a week?) I'll probably make a separate mod that doesn't add in the odd stuff like "james bond" and "house under a spell of invisibility" and similar things.

When I first started making this mod, I couldn't figure out how to get my quest logs to show up. After a few days of testing in the early stages, though, I found it to be more fun not having a quest pointer... but that's just me. :)

Quest logs not quest pointers, yes pointers need the log, but the log doesn't necessarily give you a pointer.

Quest logs not quest pointers, yes pointers need the log, but the log doesn't necessarily give you a pointer.

Right... both, I mean. I couldn't figure out how to do either. And I just kept going. :)