I noticed a small glitch that affects this mod and others of Content Consumer. The very lastest version of NMM seems to have problems installing them, I found out it's because of the filename (the space before the .7z). Older NMM versions did not have this problem.

I put a space in to more easily visually differentiate the file extension from the filename (my eyes aren't quite as good as they used to be), but I'll go ahead and omit the space from now on.

I feel there should be some kind of punishment for someone with IT expertise putting a space in a filename. :P

May change my username to "8+3Nazi".

I noticed a small glitch that affects this mod and others of Content Consumer. The very lastest version of NMM seems to have problems installing them, I found out it's because of the filename (the space before the .7z). Older NMM versions did not have this problem.

I put a space in to more easily visually differentiate the file extension from the filename (my eyes aren't quite as good as they used to be), but I'll go ahead and omit the space from now on.

I feel there should be some kind of punishment for someone with IT expertise putting a space in a filename. :P

Mwa ha ha ha! From now on, I will sow chaos and confusion among you poor wretches! I will rename all my files with strange characters! I will find some way to include an asterisk in every filename!

I will re-upload DYKWIA v15 and call it:

DYKWIA~1.*.#.15.tar.7z.zip.gz.com.bat.agent.17.here.are.your.instructions.go.to.the.fifth.street.bridge.wait.for.a.man.named.Raoul.he.will.tell.you.what.to.do.next.lib.dll.cab.jar.c.cpp.h.exe.exe.sex.exe.exe.burma.shave.net.exe

I actually remember the first time, I think it was using Windows 95? Can't remember the OS, but I remember the first time I realized that this new-fangled system could make long filenames. I abused the hell out of it. I'd write papers and the filename would be the first sentence of the paper. I'd write recipes where I would include cooking time and major ingredients in the filename.

Mwa ha ha ha! From now on, I will sow chaos and confusion among you poor wretches! I will rename all my files with strange characters! I will find some way to include an asterisk in every filename!

I will re-upload DYKWIA v15 and call it:

DYKWIA~1.*.#.15.tar.7z.zip.gz.com.bat.agent.17.here.are.your.instructions.go.to.the.fifth.street.bridge.wait.for.a.man.named.Raoul.he.will.tell.you.what.to.do.next.lib.dll.cab.jar.c.cpp.h.exe.exe.sex.exe.exe.burma.shave.net.exe

I actually remember the first time, I think it was using Windows 95? Can't remember the OS, but I remember the first time I realized that this new-fangled system could make long filenames. I abused the hell out of it. I'd write papers and the filename would be the first sentence of the paper. I'd write recipes where I would include cooking time and major ingredients in the filename.

Typing most of the contents of the document as the filename is the order of the day for most users I know. And then they ask for help finding things.

Sigh.exe.com.bat.dll

For some reason coco_tdm2.esp seems to be putting a bit of ill constructed slightly floaty mountain/rock nearly on top of Shoreline Bandit Camp, (i.e. bandit camp west of Dawnstar).

From below :-

& from above if go up the hill you can sort of jump inside it:-

Ah, crap. You're right, it does.

That was supposed to be the cave entrance location for the ice wraith researcher, before I decided to move the whole thing underground.

I'll fix it, probably upload a fixed version tonight.

For some reason coco_tdm2.esp seems to be putting a bit of ill constructed slightly floaty mountain/rock nearly on top of Shoreline Bandit Camp, (i.e. bandit camp west of Dawnstar).

From below :-

TESV_exe_DX9_20150930_104310.png

& from above if go up the hill you can sort of jump inside it:-

TESV_exe_DX9_20150930_104332.png

Fixed, and thank you.

• 3 months later...

Hi:

I am enjoying this mod very much, it's quite different than the usual on the flow of the mode, and it has so many funny curves thrown at the player that it is indeed a treat to play.

I am having a problem when trying to return Book 4, the little lady is all dressed up to kill, he he he, and with a gag she can't communicate. While it is funny, and actually quite appropriate for the mod as it flows, I can't return the book, not sure what I am missing...

I tried at first with the "I am back..." and got the "mmmph" return and no progress.

I noticed the statement "You seem to be in a bind or something along those lines" it got stuck on a repeating sequence that would not end despite I tried all the possible combinations.

Then I tried to remove her gag, by using the devious loot ability to ask if they want to be bound, still no success.

In desperation, I crouched and went into sneak mode, and stole the gag from her.

So now the gag if off, but she still has the short ""mmmph" and back  out, where I have to press "e" on her, and try to say I am back with the same result.

Thus I figure, I got to be missing something, or obviously doing something wrong.

Any recommendations or advice?

Thank you

I'm stuck on "Return Volume Seven to Herra"

I've already retrieved volume eight by now, hoping that would trigger something, but I just don't know how to proceed. The place mentioned in the note is not in skyrim after all.

How did you get access to book 8? I thought I locked that away until book 7 was returned...

Anyway, book 7 is in the hands of Grogmar gro-Burzag in Shor's Stone.

If he ended up dying somehow before starting (or installing, possibly) the mod, that'll most likely break the quest. Or if you have any mods that alter him directly, that could do it too.

In any case, you could setstage to 137 (setstage cocoq1 137 in the console) and that should add the book and advance the quest. Note that stage 136 does the same thing, but it also removes 5000 gold from your inventory (136 is you paying for the book, 137 is you getting the book by other means).

There *shouldn't* be any problem with you having gotten book 8 before, since the objective to find book 8 is part of the complete quest stage. I think. :)

Hi:

I am enjoying this mod very much, it's quite different than the usual on the flow of the mode, and it has so many funny curves thrown at the player that it is indeed a treat to play.

I am having a problem when trying to return Book 4, the little lady is all dressed up to kill, he he he, and with a gag she can't communicate. While it is funny, and actually quite appropriate for the mod as it flows, I can't return the book, not sure what I am missing...

I tried at first with the "I am back..." and got the "mmmph" return and no progress.

I noticed the statement "You seem to be in a bind or something along those lines" it got stuck on a repeating sequence that would not end despite I tried all the possible combinations.

Then I tried to remove her gag, by using the devious loot ability to ask if they want to be bound, still no success.

In desperation, I crouched and went into sneak mode, and stole the gag from her.

So now the gag if off, but she still has the short ""mmmph" and back  out, where I have to press "e" on her, and try to say I am back with the same result.

Thus I figure, I got to be missing something, or obviously doing something wrong.

Any recommendations or advice?

Thank you

Glad you're enjoying it!

The problem with that part of the mod is that the integrated gag talk from devious devices might be conflicting with speaking to Herra properly. IIRC it didn't have any problem when I was testing it, but I might have missed something.

You could try to console setstage cocoq1 91, that should advance the quest properly. IIRC there's another point later on where the gag talk might also interfere, but I can't remember exactly which stage that is. 

Content Consumer

Thank you very much for the suggestion and making the mod, lol in my stumpness on how to get her to talk, I searched all over the house for clues and came across the ponygirl book and must admit I sheephishly stopped trying to get gag-woman to talk, and went for a tour of the area around the area the book suggested, he he it even had a mailing address. I guess that at some time there is going to be a sexlab mod for it (at least I hope so). I also loved getting the bard song book, it is awesome to have.

Oh and the illustrations in the books, and the book content is top notch, totally awesome

Once more, thank you very much for it all.

Thank you very much for the suggestion and making the mod, lol in my stumpness on how to get her to talk, I searched all over the house for clues and came across the ponygirl book and must admit I sheephishly stopped trying to get gag-woman to talk, and went for a tour of the area around the area the book suggested, he he it even had a mailing address. I guess that at some time there is going to be a sexlab mod for it (at least I hope so). I also loved getting the bard song book, it is awesome to have.

Once more, thank you very much for it all.

Ah, yes. The ponygirl book.

I had a mod in mind for that, but it never happened. If you're interested, Docclox's SLUTS mod is looking quite promising. :)

There's another book in the bard's college, written by Jordisslave. She also edited, wrote parts, and made all the images for the Devious Manual books.

I've already retrieved volume eight by now, hoping that would trigger something, but I just don't know how to proceed. The place mentioned in the note is not in skyrim after all.

How did you get access to book 8? I thought I locked that away until book 7 was returned...

If he ended up dying somehow before starting (or installing, possibly) the mod, that'll most likely break the quest. Or if you have any mods that alter him directly, that could do it too.

In any case, you could setstage to 137 (setstage cocoq1 137 in the console) and that should add the book and advance the quest. Note that stage 136 does the same thing, but it also removes 5000 gold from your inventory (136 is you paying for the book, 137 is you getting the book by other means).

There *shouldn't* be any problem with you having gotten book 8 before, since the objective to find book 8 is part of the complete quest stage. I think. :)

137 is already set.

Here the set stages starting at 100:

My "problem" is that I have the book but I don't know how to proceed considering Herra is gone and the note states an address outside skyrim.

137 is already set.

Here the set stages starting at 100:

My "problem" is that I have the book but I don't know how to proceed considering Herra is gone and the note states an address outside skyrim.

Ah, I see. You're at the end of the mod. Stage 140 is the last stage before the complete quest stage. Not sure why the quest would still be active in your journal, but if you've already gotten book 8 you can just console completequest cocoq1.

Or, you could try dropping book 8 and picking it up again, maybe that'll do it... but if you've already found books 7 and 8, it's over. Stage 140 is the penultimate stage, stage 240 is the complete quest stage.

• 5 months later...

So I guess this is probably already a known thing, but I'll report it anyhow as I am finally trying this out:  I actually found vol. 4 before I even visited Herra, just sorta stumbled onto it during (I think) a radiant quest.  This started the quest, but at the vol 4 mark.  I turned in vol 4 and got the note for vol 5.  I wish there was a way I could go back and start the quest at the beginning, having stumbled onto it via vol 4.

So I guess this is probably already a known thing, but I'll report it anyhow as I am finally trying this out:  I actually found vol. 4 before I even visited Herra, just sorta stumbled onto it during (I think) a radiant quest.  This started the quest, but at the vol 4 mark.  I turned in vol 4 and got the note for vol 5.  I wish there was a way I could go back and start the quest at the beginning, having stumbled onto it via vol 4.

I thought I had prevented that by force-locking the door to the Ice Wraith researcher's cave with an unpickable lock. But it's been a while since I've looked at this mod, so I could be wrong. Sorry. :(

This is basically "baby's first mod" and as such is a complicated mess underneath. I'm not surprised things are a little off. I've got this vague idea about redoing it from scratch, which would solve a lot of problems and fix a lot of issues, but... that's a lot of work. ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i need some help troubleshooting this mod.

i carefully hunted down and installed all the mods and their per-requisites, but i keep getting an error when the game loads. 2 popup windows, the first is "libs is none in zadNPCquestScript. error in install?" followed by "fatal error in DeviousDevices, blah blah blah." the game does not crash, but it halts DDi setup.

apparently i have done something incorrectly, something out of order, etc.

my FNIS for Users is a clean load, no warnings. (i used to have FlowerGirls, but the animations were the same as SexLab, so i removed it)

and finally, a request/suggestion: whatever happened to equal opportunity slavery? lots of cool and evil gadgets for women in chains, but no guys? trust me, Sanguine would jump at the chance for a proud Nord licking his boots (and other things).

i need some help troubleshooting this mod.

i carefully hunted down and installed all the mods and their per-requisites, but i keep getting an error when the game loads. 2 popup windows, the first is "libs is none in zadNPCquestScript. error in install?" followed by "fatal error in DeviousDevices, blah blah blah." the game does not crash, but it halts DDi setup.

apparently i have done something incorrectly, something out of order, etc.

my FNIS for Users is a clean load, no warnings. (i used to have FlowerGirls, but the animations were the same as SexLab, so i removed it)

and finally, a request/suggestion: whatever happened to equal opportunity slavery? lots of cool and evil gadgets for women in chains, but no guys? trust me, Sanguine would jump at the chance for a proud Nord licking his boots (and other things).

There are a couple of things...

One, I don't believe I've seen that error before, but it sure looks like something coming from the Zaz Animation Pack. Try reinstalling it, see if that helps?

Two... isn't "flowergirls" a sex mod for the Special Edition? As far as I know, this mod won't work properly with the Special Edition. IIRC a lot of the Devious Devices stuff requires SKSE functionality, and that isn't out yet for 64 bit skyrim. We've got a chain of dependencies here, and every step along the way it requires something from SKSE - if nothing else, the dialogue requires Fuz Ro D-oh which itself directly needs SKSE.

To clarify - I don't believe there would necessarily be any problems installing any of this - it should all install on Special Edition just fine - but it probably won't run well. At best, you'd get devices with no attached functionality and dialogue that scrolls by way too fast to read. At worst, corrupt saves.

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't know there was one for 32-bit Skyrim. ;)

Re male devices: I can't remember exactly, but I believe that at the time I made this mod, devices for males weren't readily or easily available. I don't know if that's changed, I haven't been keeping close track, but it's been hit or miss IIRC.

At any rate, those are all of jordisslave (erm... I mean her character...) and she's female.  :D

I wouldn't be averse to adding a new book for male devices, though - there really should be one. At the very least, an addendum in one of the current books about it. I'll put it on my to-do list, but I've got to be honest, this mod is pretty far on the back burner right now, so it'll probably be a long time coming. :(

Anyway, try reinstalling zaz animation pack and see if your error goes away. If not, I don't know what next... maybe reinstall devious devices entirely?

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, ILove2Play said:

hi guys,

where do I get "Coco_TDM2.esp" from? I need this to get my mods to work and eventhough I've installed all of them with modorganizer, this file is missing... also SMUTBDS.esp and google won't help.....

I don't use Mod Organizer, so I can't be sure. I just downloaded the files and they download just fine, so my guess would be a problem with Mod Organizer. You can try installing it manually, that should work.

the SMUTBDS.esp is from a book mod by GorGrimm (according to my MO) and they installed fine thru MO for me

one quirk I have ran across time to time using MO is that for some reason sometimes when I fist install and enable a mod it will forget to enable the esp file

disabling and re-enabling the mod fixes it for me if the file is actually there

hope the information helps

• 8 months later...

Just a little bug from that old mod (don't know if it'll be fixed, but that's one of the reason I haven't re-installed it). There's a small scenery gap  in front of the Captured Dreams shop. It looks like the bug was previously reported years ago (not sure since the screenshots aren't there anymore), but the gap is still there (tried it earlier this year).

44 minutes ago, POLE7645 said:

Just a little bug from that old mod (don't know if it'll be fixed, but that's one of the reason I haven't re-installed it). There's a small scenery gap  in front of the Captured Dreams shop. It looks like the bug was previously reported years ago (not sure since the screenshots aren't there anymore), but the gap is still there (tried it earlier this year).

I don't remember editing any actual landscaping for this, just altered the mill area a bit, but it's entirely possible.

If you're sure it's from this mod and not Captured Dreams, I can try to fix it, but if it's an actual conflict then I'm not sure.

an you provide a screenshot? Or maybe two or three, from different angles, depending on what kind of gap it is. Is it a gap in the actual ground, or between two bits of dirt or rocks or vegetation or something? Can it be fixed by putting a couple of rocks on top, or would it require editing the actual landscape?