It's only semi off topic CG!. Localized versions can have some quite profound changes, not just some dialog or red bloodtextures swaped with green ones. These changes can lead to problems, specially if they fuck with animations. German versions of games are the worst in this respect because there's a lot of cutting and editing needed to make them conform the rather strict laws over there. Because it's the only country with such strict laws, the editing is often done a bit hamfistetd. In Fallout 2 they simply deleted all kids, breaking some quests. Half Life needed new textures and new anims even (humans looked like robots, if they died they sat down instead of falling down...). As CG! said, get austrian or swiss versions, never german.

i know this will be off-topic, but what you wrote reminds me of Morrowind, where i had the get the US version at the end, just to be able to create some decent working mods.

The german version was handling cells and scripts so differently and obfuscated that i was more willing to port all texts into an ESP for the US version, then to mess with the german version of the game.

i can only hope this mess will come to an end at some point, someday. -.-

Maybe FONV got the same problem, even tho i never heard of something like that since TESIV.

Sorry. That whole Lovers with PK thingy was just bugging me this day' date=' so i had to talk about it to get rid of my frustration ... and hope someone knows a solution.

But let's ignore it, as i solved the probs. Massive ESP edit's like everyone else seems to do when messing with LPK and it's mods. ^^

Number 1 reason why the SexoutNG framework rocks. :) (Can't say this often enough.)

@Golgo13:

i thought the same as prideslayer, that's why i postet you a FOMM screenshot of the mod's i'm using.

Download Body-by-Race, Breeze New Vegas Males, Dimonized Type 3 Official Release and the BnB BodyExtender Compatibility Skeleton.

i installed them in this order:

1. Body-by-Race (dunno anymore why i install this ... but DON'T enable it's esp),

2. Breeze New Vegas Males (SO's Breeze Suit looks screwed up on my PC, use this and choose no bodysuit),

3. Dimonized Type 3 Official Release (SO's will still use the "old cali", as Kendo2 told me [i don't know sh!t about these things], but the rest of the time this one),

4. BnB BodyExtender Skeleton (as suggested here on the forum).

5. SexoutNG and mods

Always overwrite when asked.

Don't forget to dl and install MCM and if you use DarnUI, uHUD too. Everything else in my list is completly optional.

And last but not least: Read the pages of the mods you use carefully, as some of them got more dependencies then just the SO Framework and dl the needed mod's too.

Edit:

My FOMM screenshot may show all mods as FOMOD's, but most of them where made by me, to make things easier afterwards.

Type 3 is definitly available as an FOMOD ... i should know, i made it. :P

Breeze is an FOMOD too, but NOT compatible with NMM. FOMM highly recommended.

if you use HD textures and an x64 OS, try the attachement.

Works for me. Tested and proven to break the game for some.

Don't worry, it can undo the changes. ;)

in case of HD textures and an x86 OS, edit boot ini to use 3GB of RAM.

Extract directly into the games installation directory then run:

[GameDir]\4GB-Patch\Patch.BAT

it detects TESIV, FO3, FONV (FNV4GB supported) and Skyrim.

I consider myself really lucky to have been able to have breathed as much new life into this old computer as I did with this new video card, and was excited when FONV detected that my settings should now be ultra-high quality instead of high quality. But, I doubt that this old girl is up to a game full of HD textures. :-/ I just intended to keep this thing going until after I see my fiancee (she lives overseas). Needing to put in a new video card came as a surprise. When I get back here for good, I planned to invest in a whole neew computer. This one was nice in her day; but she was built in 2007.

You made the Type 3 body? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Since I'm using the "Bouncing Type 3" body (it was the second recommendation after BNB in the installation instructions I had, and I just couldn't take BNB, anymore-- those enormous boobs are preposterous!), I use the Body By Race mod; and, while I could give it another try should I get Sexout to work simply by itself, I did have a bad experience trying to use the Body Extender Skeleton the first time I tried to get Bouncing Type 3 to work without crashing. Of course, everything worked alright with BNB... lol-- I almost wish I could un-see some of the stuff I saw with that mod. But, I usually start out following recommendations exactly.

I'd been using a Type 3 variant until I installed this mod; but, when I read installation instructions which specified BNB, I played along, since I didn't know why it might be specified and, when I don't understand, I slavishly follow the instructions. Now, I want to keep the physics, but drop the Al Bundy fantasy boobs, just to see what it's like. If necessary, I could return to my non-moving Type 3; but I kind of like how the Body by Race has a variety of Type 3 body types, so people will look a little more different.

I installed MCM as part of my slavish attention to detail, of course, and it is, of course, indispensible.

And, I'm not planning to switch from FOMM until I have no choice. In fact, the directions for installing NMM tell you that you must uninstall FOMM before using NMM; but, in the video for SKSE, the narrator uses NMM while I see a FOMM icon on his desktop; so, I'm not so sure that they conflict unless you make NMM control a FO game. I could be a total idiot... but, I think I'll take my chances, if it comes down to it.

Anyway, thanks, again, for all of the help, guys. I really appreciate the time you take to give it to me.

Not to be more confusing' date=' but, I hope that you'll be creating a version of this for Skyrim. Those people seem to be pretty hungry for an actual mod, as will I when I play it, someday.

[/quote']

Off topic rant:

I intended to, that's the only damn reason I bought Skyrim. Bethesda fucked everyone on the CK WRT animations and now I have no intention of completing or continuing the project. If the animation system gets sorted out via an application (or SKSE) I may reconsider.

Anyone reading this, don't bother linking me to any Skyrim animation mods or threads, I've seen them all. Until the CK can add new behavior files without modifying the vanilla hkx's, or SKSE can provide a scripting interface to do the same thing, I'm not interested.

This is a very sore spot for me with Bethesda. I've already decided I won't be buying FO4 until after the CK is out and others have determined if it's just as broken; I bought FONV on release day, and pre-ordered Skyrim just to get a head start on porting Sexout. I fully expect the situation with FO4 to be the same or worse, because the chances that Bethesda or Obsidian will NOT use the new engine for FO4 are about zero. This leads me to believe FONV modding will be the first and last gamebryo engine I ever mod.

If people want to discuss this spoilered topic, that's fine, but start a new thread. We've hijacked this one enough as it is!

Even when I'm in 3rd person, the other party will engage my character in conversation and move me into a 1st person perspective. Rarely, I got stuck there and went for a weird ride through the animation, then got stuck with the world rocking back and forth until I fixed it by switching between the perspectives until my head cleared. That's what I meant.

What about NPC on NPC action? Initiate it from the console, or use BrutalRapers, Legion Tryout, or another mod to kick it off for you. The easiest thing is probably to take Legion Tryout and head to the cove with a companion, and offer her up in your place.

What you describe is something that happens when you're in 1st person, and also sometimes in 3rd in extremely old versions of Sexout -- I'm talking versions from before SexoutNG.

Also, what about sex without a conversation first? BrutalRapers can provide this, or the console. I have extensive documentation in the first post of the NG thread on how to use the console, test animations, etc.

And, although it is a fresh install of the mod into a fresh install of the game, as soon as an animation begins, I just start seeing an overhead view of the floor. Previously, when the invisible action would end, I'd see the "completion" animation in the subterranean green Limbo, then the characters would stand up, seemingly very far from each other and at different elevations. Now, that happens in the spiritual plane just before the characters reappear standing upright on solid ground in their original positions. [Rhetorical question: Why don't I see, at least, the completion animation, anymore?] I don't blame you for thinking that this seems crazy. I'd do a fresh install, if this weren't already a fresh install. Reinstalling it, again, wouldn't change anything.

Are you using a european/German/nogore version of the game? They've been having some difficulties with characters falling through the world. Are you sure they're actually invisible and not falling down to infinity?

Also.. spiritual plane?

It isn't just their body textures that are invisible: their heads, hands and feet are all invisible, as well. I don't know about the hands and feet, but, the heads, at least, wouldn't be replaced by a bodysuit. That's what makes this just seem impossibly crazy-- at least, that is, if the explanation is missing textures. But, if it isn't, I don't know what other explanation there could be. As I've said, I wish I knew what else to try. If it would help, I would reinstall it another five times; but, I've already reinstalled it more times than I can remember.

If they are entirely invisible how do you know they're even there and not just under the ground?

But, again, thanks for taking an interest in trying to help me play my game, again. I must really want to continue this game, because I just keep killing time waiting for some kind of fix instead of moving on to anything else. :D

Some days I'm more patient than others. I apologize in advance for my impatient days. That said:

1) The game works.

2) Sexout and the sexout mods work.

There are a few basic things that can cause problems..

1) A non-North American version of the game. Some work, some don't, and I can't test any of them.

2) Not following the install instructions closely.

3) Additional mods. Either incompatible, or too many.

If you start from the top, make a clean save, and test with every mod disabled, including the DLC, so the only two ESMs being loaded are FalloutNV.esm and Sexout.ESM, you can ensure your base installation is working from the console. If it's not, then it's down to #1 or #2 above. If it does work this way, then you add mods one at a time until you find the one causing the problems.

I'm using a version of the game that I downloaded from Steam clean for these tests, after disabling and deleting all of my other mods before the uninstall, so that no other mod could possibly be involved, even in partial artifact form. I live in the U.S., so they're sending me the North American version (I assume). You said not even to install body mods, so all I did was install the fractional parts from the instructions (not that they would affect the bodysuits). I didn't even install Breeze's, even though it's never caused a problem with anything in the past, since you suggested that I leave this so mod-free that they'd be dry humping each other. And, I only possess versions of this mod dating back to when I started coming here. I did not think of unticking the DLC, since I couldn't conceive of Sexout possibly conflicting with Bethesda DLC... but, I'll try that. I even installed the minimum number of Sexout plugins necessary to make it run and conduct a test.

I didn't mean to suggest that that strange behavior wherein I am jerked into a weird perspective and taken for a ride is commonplace, at all. Out of all the time I played the mod, I think that that happened to me only three times. I didn't know if it was due to something I was doing, or happenstance, that I was keeping the number so low; but, apparently, it should have been even lower. :D I would have to play the Hell out of the game to get it to happen, again. I didn't consider it a major problem; but, my measures to guard against it were, apparently, a placebo. :P

I considered the possibility, myself, that the characters could be having sex under the floorboards in Limbo since, staring at the floor, I could imagine them screwing down in the nonexistent basement. But, since CG! had apparently fixed the cause of why the characters were falling into Limbo, and, even when I had had that problem, I was taken to the location of the sex act to view the completion animation before they were re-dressed, which I was no longer seeing, I considered that possibility less likely. I am not, however, ruling out any possibility when everything seems... impossible to me. If they are still going to Limbo, but escaping, now, I don't have any idea how to account for that.

And, I really regret being such a pain in the ass. If Doc Mitchell asked me how I would answer, "I always like to be the center of attention," I would reply, "I strongly disagree." I do all I can to figure this stuff out before bothering you guys-- I spend hours doing complete uninstall/reinstalls of the whole game including cleanups of the Data file, followed by reinstalls of the mods I intend to use, to make sure that my tests don't have any "leftovers" that could screw up the tests. Thanks, again, for all of the assistance-- I'm trying to be as minimally annoying as I can.

P.S. I know that the game and mod work together-- I've seen it with my own eyes. I also saw that my new hardware and its interaction with my software had something to do with the Limbo problem, as CG! had postulated. Any weird hypothesis might solve this problem-- I never would have thought of CG!'s solution in the rest of my life, and I assume that everyone else here similarly knows waaaaay more about this stuff than I do.

P.P.S. I went back and did everything, again, without the DLC (of course, I couldn't do an install without it, as I normally would, so I just unticked it). After they started doing their thing, I dove under the floor and looked around. I noticed a footlocker under there for some reason, but no people fooling around.

I don't know whether I missed it before, somehow, or I scared them out; :P but, I did get to see the completion animation above ground before they stood up, this time. You'd know better than I if that suports a Limbo or an invisibility theory for what the actors are doing during the actual animation, of course.

Other than that, I just went through all of the installation steps over, again, once before, and once after the experiment, to make sure that nothing had been overlooked the first time.

P.S. I know that the game and mod work together-- I've seen it with my own eyes. I also saw that my new hardware and its interaction with my software had something to do with the Limbo problem' date=' as CG! had postulated. Any weird hypothesis might solve this problem-- I never would have thought of CG!'s solution in the rest of my life, and I assume that everyone else here similarly knows waaaaay more about this stuff than I do.

[/quote']

hardware and software will cause problems with the game not a mod, there are issue's with graphics cards and hd textures even the vanilla textures can cause those same issue's if your graphics are set to use large textures. this can sometimes be fixed by setting your graphics to to use medium textures in the game options

other issue's that mostly effect older pc's but can also effect newer pc's mostly involve the sound. There is an old enb mod made for silenthill but works for new vegas that fixes this issue

other problems are can be caused by not updating your os and so on.

I went through close to a week of troubleshooting the problems I was having with fnv before i picked up my new pc. It can be a real pain in the ass to sort out hardware issue's so i know the pain you are experiencing

another thing to note is that sometimes the latest drivers for your hardware can be the problem itself nvidia seems to like pumping out bugged drivers

No, i didn't make the Type 3. Fredfish got that right. i only made the FOMOD version of it.

And to be honest: My old 8800GTX with 640MB can run FONV with Tpe 3 + Type 3 HD Textures + NMC Medium Textures. No sweat.

i was simply hoping you would cause the game engine to choke a bit by overloading it/bringing it near it's limits. But brining it to it's limites needs an x64 OS and patching FONV'S exec's.

So as of now, i'm out of clues as Obsidian screwed up the FO3 engine really bad.

in case someone wonders why i use this old card: prideslayer kinda kicked my ass to check why GECK won't run on my main PC. Can't sort the problem out, so this one has to do it. But at least i can say: The game is more stable on this one (intel C2D 6850E, 6GB, XFX 8800GTX). ^^ GECK is kinda slow, but as least fully functional.

P.S. I know that the game and mod work together-- I've seen it with my own eyes. I also saw that my new hardware and its interaction with my software had something to do with the Limbo problem' date=' as CG! had postulated. Any weird hypothesis might solve this problem-- I never would have thought of CG!'s solution in the rest of my life, and I assume that everyone else here similarly knows waaaaay more about this stuff than I do.

[/quote']

hardware and software will cause problems with the game not a mod, there are issue's with graphics cards and hd textures even the vanilla textures can cause those same issue's if your graphics are set to use large textures. this can sometimes be fixed by setting your graphics to to use medium textures in the game options

other issue's that mostly effect older pc's but can also effect newer pc's mostly involve the sound. There is an old enb mod made for silenthill but works for new vegas that fixes this issue

other problems are can be caused by not updating your os and so on.

I went through close to a week of troubleshooting the problems I was having with fnv before i picked up my new pc. It can be a real pain in the ass to sort out hardware issue's so i know the pain you are experiencing

another thing to note is that sometimes the latest drivers for your hardware can be the problem itself nvidia seems to like pumping out bugged drivers

My OS and all of my drivers are up-to-date. My drivers were the first things that I checked-- but, they were already good.

I just got off the phone with the tech department at CompUSA, where I bought the video card. If no one can suggest any other solution that works, I'm going to take this hundred pound computer back in and let them test it for a fault in the video memory. That was the only hardware-related problem the tech could imagine for why the game would work with the old card, but not now.

Since the game runs, and only exhibits this behavior during this one, specific kind of script, they're probably going to have trouble finding the problem-- and I was sick for three days the last time I carried this thing up and down my apartment stairs to the car and back. This was easy for me seven years ago-- but, not anymore. So, I'm very much hoping that someone has an idea. But, I'm going to whip this problem, or it's going to whip me, dagnabbit! :P

Since the game runs' date=' and only exhibits this behavior during this one, specific kind of script, they're probably going to have trouble finding the problem-- and I was sick for three days the last time I carried this thing up and down my apartment stairs to the car and back. This was easy for me seven years ago-- but, not anymore. So, I'm very much hoping that someone has an idea. But, I'm going to whip this problem, or it's going to whip me, dagnabbit! :P

[/quote']

If it is only during that script, I think what you need to do is turn DEP off for new vegas. do that by going to control panel / system and maintanence / system / advanced system settings / performance / settings / data execution prevention once there click add and navigate to your fallout new vegas exe and select that. once selected click apply then ok

Since the game runs' date=' and only exhibits this behavior during this one, specific kind of script, they're probably going to have trouble finding the problem-- and I was sick for three days the last time I carried this thing up and down my apartment stairs to the car and back. This was easy for me seven years ago-- but, not anymore. So, I'm very much hoping that someone has an idea. But, I'm going to whip this problem, or it's going to whip me, dagnabbit! :P

[/quote']

If it is only during that script, I think what you need to do is turn DEP off for new vegas. do that by going to control panel / system and maintanence / system / advanced system settings / performance / settings / data execution prevention once there click add and navigate to your fallout new vegas exe and select that. once selected click apply then ok

Thanks for replying. :) CG! suggested that, and it did stop the falling through the Earth problem; but, I'm still having the inexplicable invisibility issue that cropped up at the same time. I'd believed that they were one single problem, since they arose at the same time; but, it appears that they were merely two problems arising concurrently to the installation of the new video card.

I strongly suspect that the characters are invisible on top of the Earth while getting it on, now, although, for all I know, they're visiting the spiritual plane.

I made a discovery which could represent progress in my search for clues in the mystery of why the Hell my game is acting so weird. Unfortunately, it indicates that the characters are still making their way into Limbo, despite implementing the DEP solution. *Sigh*

It occurred to me that the characters might show up if I just used their real bodies instead of the bodysuits. So, I turned them off and tried, again, with the real bodies.

I was disappointed that they were still invisible; but, I took another dive into Limbo just in case I might see them. They weren't where I usually saw them, just underneath the floorboards, or even anywhere near there. But, as I dove down deeper out of curiosity for the random footlockers and such that I saw down there, I saw faint movement that looked about 20 fathoms down. There, I saw the characters doing their thing apparently four feet apart from each other and in the wrong positions.

It's possible that I had simply missed them, earlier, when they were in the bodysuits, since there is limited time during which the animation runs, and it was very difficult to spot the characters in their new positions, less than specks until I dove down a ways, and hidden behind/among the jetsam of Limbo.

I'm excited to find out that the problem isn't as weird as the characters being just plain invisible... that seemed simply beyond the pale of soluble problems. But, it means that, for some reason, the DEP solution only fixes the problem of the characters never reappearing, not the problem of them disappearing into Limbo during the animation sequence, altogether.

So, that is the problem: the characters no longer go into Limbo just beneath the floor, run through the sequences, and then begin falling forever into Limbo. Following the DEP solution, they now begin the sequences deep in Limbo (in the wrong positions, now), then run the completion animation back in the material world, get re-dressed, and stand back up, again. The WEP solution worked, to a point, by bringing the characters back to the material plane at the completion animation. For some reason, however, my characters still jump into Limbo for the sex animation sequences.

Incidentally, is there any reason that this game wouldn't be able to run sufficiently well from my storage drive? I've been waiting a long time to get back to playing this game, and I don't have quite enough space left on my C: drive to install anything else. If I'm just going to be testing the game periodically, unable to play it indefinitely, it's hard to justify keeping it on my only RAID configured drive.

Mind if i ask what AntiVirus prog you got running and with what additional software/functions? Or do you have any other process watching prog's running?

Some might be sub-processes of other, so i recommend using Process Explorer to see what's going on.

To me this still sounds like something isn't executed right/blocked.

And just to have this asked: Are you using the latest NVSE?

Thanks for replying. :) CG! suggested that' date=' and it did stop the falling through the Earth problem; but, I'm still having the inexplicable invisibility issue that cropped up at the same time. I'd believed that they were one single problem, since they arose at the same time; but, it appears that they were merely two problems arising concurrently to the installation of the new video card.

I strongly suspect that the characters are invisible on top of the Earth while getting it on, now, although, for all I know, they're visiting the spiritual plane.

[/quote']

the invisibility issue strongly suggests a corrupted save. For fallout 3 and new vegas I highly recommend turning off all auto save features it also recommended that you do not save over top of previous saved games and that keep your save game's to a max of 15 (you may be able to have more, i do not remember the actual number of save's you can safely keep before issue's occur.) if you have multiple characters just dump them in new folders until you are ready to use them

also the causes i listed may not be the root of what has corrupted your save game. some mods particularly those that are in development can often be the cause of this. I recommend being absolutely sure that you have the most up to date versions of the mods that you are using

additionally you may want to reduce your load order to a minimum number of mods while you trouble the shoot your problems. Unless a mod makes extremely drastic changes you should just be able to place the esm and esp into a separate folder to temporarily remove them while you trouble shoot the issue

so far nothing that you have currently mentioned points towards a hardware problem, i think at this time you can rule that out.

edit - it could also be that you have multiple corrupted save files. so for testing purposes you are going to want to start a new character. (do not get rid of your old characters just stuff them in a folder any place you can that is out of the way.)

Mind if i ask what AntiVirus prog you got running and with what additional software/functions? Or do you have any other process watching prog's running?

Some might be sub-processes of other' date=' so i recommend using Process Explorer to see what's going on.

To me this still sounds like something isn't executed right/blocked.

And just to have this asked: Are you using the latest NVSE?

Here goes...

I checked that I had the latest version of NVSE before I tacked Prideslayer's NVSE mod onto it; but, I double-checked just now, and it's still the most recent version.

I'm using the Norton Internet Security Suite that I get free from Comcast.

I went to the website that you linked me to, and used my Babylon program to translate everything from German into English. Nothing jumped out at me as being extraordinary in the results; but, I'll type out the results that I got (i.e., the results that were shaded in blue) while running FalloutNV in case you can see anything that looks like a possible cause of the problem. Where there are gaps represent where there are non-contiguous programs listed. None of these are new since the installation of the new card:

[under System.exe/smss.exe/winlogon.exe/services.exe/svchost.exe/]

FxSvr2.exe... QuickCam Framework Server... Logitech Inc.

unsecapp.exe... WMI... Microsoft Corporation

ehmsas.exe... Media Center Media Status... Microsoft Corporation

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[under services.exe/ccsvchst.exe]

ccsvchst.exe... Symantec Service Framework... Symantec Corporation

(Two executables, one subordinate to the other, with the same name. I didn't mistype that)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

explorer.exe... Windows Explorer... Microsoft Corporation

jusched.exe... Java Update Scheduler... Sun Microsystems, Inc.

RTHDCPL.exe... Realtek HD Audio Control P...... Realtek Semiconductor Corp...

PDVDServ.exe... PowerDVD RC Service... Cyberlink Corporation

nvraidservice.exe... NVIDIA RAID Service Englis...... NVIDIA Corporation

VProTray.exe... Tray Application... Symantek Corporation

LVCOMSX.EXE... LVCom Server... Logitech Inc.

LogiTray.exe... ImageStudio Tray Application... Logitech Inc.

ehtray.exe... Media Center Tray Applet... Microsoft Corporation

EEventManager.exe... EEventManager Application... SEIKO EPSON CORPOR...

ContentTransferWMDetector......ContentTransferWalkman........ Sony Corporation

vprot.exe... VProt Application

steam.exe... Steam... Valve Corporation

rundll32.exe... Run a DLL as an App... Microsoft Corporation

ctfmon.exe... CTFLoader... Microsoft Corporation

proc.exp... Sysinternals Process Explorer... Sysinternals-www.sysinter...

LU5.exe... LiveUpdate 5 Application... Micro-Star International

Ymsgr_tray.exe... Yahoo! Messenger Tray... Yahoo Inc.

realsched.exe... RealNetworks Scheduler... RealNetworks, Inc.

FalloutNV.exe... FalloutNV... Bethesda Software

First of all: Norton maybe available to you for free, but it's not worth it.

The protection is way to low compared to the system resources it eats up, no matter if it disables itself when playing a game. i recommend to get rid of it. And no, i don't recommend Avira either. May be one of the best solutions for free (if it's still available for free) but eats so much resources that it's not worth it too.

Completly free but not suiting for paranoia people: Microsoft Security Essentials (this time the english site ^^).

About the processes, you should get rid of the follwoing:

- ehmsas

- jusched

- PDVDServ

- ehtray

- LU5.exe

- realsched

May not help with your problem, but useless to have them running.

Even tho, Media Center might interferre, by eating resources from your graphic card, as it uses DX9 for it's components and does a lot of precaching.

if you really need a MediaCenter, i recommend switching to this OpenSource version: MediaPortal. Lot's of nice and helpfull plugins with semi-automatic library functions, speeding things up.

Completly disable all MediaCenter services when switching to this one.

Side note for MP: You need to kill the TVService process if you want to use a different TV software, as it interferres by stoping the TV stream from time to time. MP starts TVService by itself again, so it can be excluded from autostart if you don't use the EPG or the TV function at all.

P.s.: A screenshot of PE's windows would have been nice, as more people see more and know more.

First of all: Norton maybe available to you for free' date=' but it's not worth it.

The protection is way to low compared to the system resources it eats up, no matter if it disables itself when playing a game. i recommend to get rid of it. And no, i don't recommend Avira either. May be one of the best solutions for free (if it's still available for free) but eats so much resources that it's not worth it too.

Completly free but not suiting for paranoia people: Microsoft Security Essentials (this time the english site ^^).

About the processes, you should get rid of the follwoing:

- ehmsas

- jusched

- PDVDServ

- ehtray

- LU5.exe

- realsched

May not help with your problem, but useless to have them running.

Even tho, Media Center might interferre, by eating resources from your graphic card, as it uses DX9 for it's components and does a lot of precaching.

if you really need a MediaCenter, i recommend switching to this OpenSource version: MediaPortal. Lot's of nice and helpfull plugins with semi-automatic library functions, speeding things up.

Completly disable all MediaCenter services when switching to this one.

Side note for MP: You need to kill the TVService process if you want to use a different TV software, as it interferres by stoping the TV stream from time to time. MP starts TVService by itself again, so it can be excluded from autostart if you don't use the EPG or the TV function at all.

P.s.: A screenshot of PE's windows would have been nice, as more people see more and know more.

Thanks, again, for giving me so much help with this. I just don't even have any way to say, "thank you," enough for all of the help everyone has been offering me.

I took a screencap of Process Manager while FONV was running and converted it to .jpg, but I don't know how I can upload it to this site. Yes, I'm that inexperienced.

The first antivirus program that I ever used by choice was ESET, and I liked it enough that, if I were going to switch to anything I wasn't given for free, I'd use that. Although I may not often know what I'm doing very well, I probably do fall under the category of relatively more "paranoid" internet users. I wouldn't want to deliberately downgrade my security.

I don't actually use Media Center, and haven't even seen its menus appear. But, I do use Media Player to manage my song library, and might be able to find those functions, if necessary. I usually use RealPlayer for its ability to capture video of almost anything that I'm watching online; so, I wouldn't want to lose that. And I subscribe to Rhapsody and use Replay Music.

There may be a way to turn off those few things associated with Windows Media Player; but, I'd need a link to something to explain how to do it all and not screw things up for myself. From what I've read as I've been doing this, those applications aren't major contributors to resource drain (although, if you had enough of them, they would be). If you could link me to something that explains how I can do it all totally safely without sacrificing functionality, I'd give it a shot.

Thanks, again. I'd really hoped to be able to provide that image for you; but, I only got as far as creating a .jpg, then reached my level of incompetence. :P

in this case leave all processes untouched, as you'll need most of them.

And why MediaPlayer instead of the installed RealPlayer to manage your songs?

Anyway, the fact that you seem to have a portable Sony device makes it hard to decide if you can disable MediaPlayers library features. Maybe the device stores (drm protected) music there.

Best would be a screenshot of PE, as those things are not what i was looking for in first place, so we may leave them alone.

Add the screenshot as attachement, when writing a reply. Linking it using BB tags would need you to upload it somewhere, like an imagehoster.

Edit: i get the feeling this process stuff will lead nowhere close to solve your problem.

Try starting NVSE_Loader.EXE by right-clicking -> Run as Admin.

it got no manifest and maybe the one from FONV is not recognized.

in this case leave all processes untouched' date=' as you'll need most of them.

And why MediaPlayer instead of the installed RealPlayer to manage your songs?

Anyway, the fact that you seem to have a portable Sony device makes it hard to decide if you can disable MediaPlayers library features. Maybe the device stores (drm protected) music there.

Best would be a screenshot of PE, as those things are not what i was looking for in first place, so we may leave them alone.

Add the screenshot as attachement, when writing a reply. Linking it using BB tags would need you to upload it somewhere, like an imagehoster.

Edit: i get the feeling this process stuff will lead nowhere close to solve your problem.

Try starting NVSE_Loader.EXE by right-clicking -> Run as Admin.

it got no manifest and maybe the one from FONV is not recognized.

[/quote']

For some reason, my f/u-ed OS won't let me act as administrator outside of Safe Mode-- which is a pretty good way of keeping anyone from accidentally screwing anything up, but also prevents me from doing stuff like that. *Sigh*

I just chose Media Player to organize the songs because it was the first player I had begun using, and I had grown so accustomed to the interface that I didn't like that of RealPlayer when it was installed (later).

I don't actually use any songs with DRM. That's why I have Replay Music.

Is there an imagehoster that just anyone can use, or do you have to subscribe to them all? If so, which is the most highly recommended for someone who rarely, if ever, would use it?

I'm getting a sinking feeling that I'm not going to get to play this mod. I can take the card back for testing; but, I'm not too optimistic about them finding anything wrong with the problem being so specific. :(

For some reason' date=' my f/u-ed OS won't let me act as administrator outside of Safe Mode-- which is a pretty good way of keeping anyone from accidentally screwing anything up, but also prevents me from doing stuff like that. *Sigh*[/quote']

What the? Never heard of something like that on an end-user/home PC.

Why is it like that? Who made it to be like that? Wt...!

What does happen if you choose "Run as Admin" using the context menue or compatibility mode from file properties?

And why are you still asking where to upload the picture? Make it an attachement when replying.

Honestly, you should think about installing the OS properly before anything else. Just what i think atm.

if you really do this, make sure you install the latest DX9 runtimes, as they don't come with Windows Update.

For some reason' date=' my f/u-ed OS won't let me act as administrator outside of Safe Mode-- which is a pretty good way of keeping anyone from accidentally screwing anything up, but also prevents me from doing stuff like that. *Sigh*[/quote']

What the? Never heard of something like that on an end-user/home PC.

Why is it like that? Who made it to be like that? Wt...!

What does happen if you choose "Run as Admin" using the context menue or compatibility mode from file properties?

And why are you still asking where to upload the picture? Make it an attachement when replying.

Honestly, you should think about installing the OS properly before anything else. Just what i think atm.

if you really do this, make sure you install the latest DX9 runtimes, as they don't come with Windows Update.

I had the people from Alienware talk me through the installation steps a few times, setting up the RAID configuration and everything, and I'm frankly rather concerned that I'd wind up with a big hunk of totally useless hardware if I tried installing it all, myself.

I had thought it queer that I did not actually have Admin rights at certain times even though, when I had gotten to that step in the installation, I had specifically so authorized myself. I called Alienware tech support two or three times (to get different techs), and was told each time that the installation was intentionally designed so that Admin rights were only accessible from "Safe Mode."

To this point, it has never been a problem, since I could access anything I needed to access from "Safe Mode" if I needed to do so. I'm not even absolutely sure that all Admin rights are denied to me; I suspect that I may have some rights that other accounts do not.

When I attempt to run as Administrator, one reason listed as a cause for failure is a blank password. I deliberately left the password blank on installation; so, if that is cause for an automatic failure, that, also, could be cause for the inability to run as Admin.

If I managed to reinstall those installation disks correctly (not a given, involving acquiring custom Alienware drivers from their website for the appropriate hardware and correctly setting up the RAID configuration), I'm not sure that it wouldn't ultimately set things up exactly the same way that they are, now. On the other hand, in the more likely event that I screwed things up (my being very inexpert at this sort of thing, and always ending up calling tech support after trying to do it, myself, in the past), I'd have a big mess and no tech support line for this old, out-of-warranty computer with non-standard drivers. Then, even if I took it into CompUSA, they would have trouble getting it working properly, again, and try to sell me a new computer. I plan to buy one, but not quite yet. I need to keep this one limping along, at least until I visit my fiancee's family; ideally, it will keep going, and she'll be able to use this one after we're married.

I bought Norton Ghost specifically because I knew that I'd never get it right if I had to reinstall all of this by myself if the OS ever became corrupted or it ever became infected with a virus or worm. I'd love it if I, personally, knew how to to do all of this stuff on my own, or had a good friend who did-- but, my computer skills are pretty basic, and mostly limited to things which I can practice. Uninstalling/reinstalling the OS on this computer is no simple task, and not one which I had opportunity to practice often. My old friends with mad computer skills (tech support workers and hackers) are scattered to the four winds.

To personify my own level of computer skills, I still need someone to hold my hand crossing the street, and I'm proud that I can color inside the lines. I'm a professional (not in IT, however, obviously)-- I'm not a stupid guy. I can usually fumble my way through things with explicit enough instructions. On a good day, I'm even half-way decent at extrapolating a little on what I know. But, my computer classes in high school were taught on TRS-80's.

Now that I see the attachment section (which, for some reason, I never looked at, stupidly presuming it to be part of a separate function apart from my message box... D-oh!) :P I'll try just attaching the screencap.

i'm more then confused right now.

With safe mode, you mean booting windows in safe mode, right?

if yes, reinstall windows.

it's as easy as it could be. Self explaining, step-by-step. The PC drivers are not this special, or it least it should not.

Example: nVidia graphic card -> get your driver from nVidia as they are up-to-date, unlike the one from your PC manufacturer. Same if you have an Realtek sound card or network card. Get the driver from Realtek.

And why all this paranoia using an access limited account when there's no admin password set? Password hacking dict's know about this one ... together with alot more. Senseless.

And no one... at least not me... thinks you're stupid, as you obviously tryed to imply. We all started somewhere and we all needed help. Some more, some less.

And looking at PE's screenshot, i noticed you disabled windows themes.

if you're running Windows Vista/Seven/Eight, it's recommended to enable theming again. Why? Because else some programs will suffer from stuttering. Like MediaPlayers that utilise DirectX. Sounds strange, but it's true.

My conclusion is still, that you should reinstall windows ... the way it should be.

You can only learn. if you managed to install windows, check out who manufactured what part in your PC and get the driver. That's basicly it.