So, guess which Celeb just had a ton of Nude Pics dumped on Reddit...

Eth4rlad

Also, why the fuck would you post fakes for your own ((((cough))) "private" use?

I find it very strange that people would actually believe that iCloud would be safe to post shit you "Don't" want seen when even the government sites are not safe and we hear about them being hacked all the fucking time. And how do we know it was anything other then NSA making propaganda to put even stricter laws in place and get the "Celebs" behind the idea cause they are some of the easiest asshats to sway. "Oh I got to have my privacy from the little people".

I see the whole thing as a bunch of BS. I mean really, who the fuck really cares.

as told by a certain ex-NSA Guy in his interviews

both 3 has even sextapes of everyone on hollywood

Honestly, I don't see these celebrities' lives being ruined by this.  Celebs get leaks and fakes all the time, and if anything it makes them even more popular in the long run.  These people make more money in a single movie than us plebians will ever hope to see in a lifetime, and they will continue to do so long after this.  And hell, Kate Upton.  She's a freakin' model, for chrissakes, most guys fap over her pictures whether she's naked in them or not (she's got freakin' wet T-shirt videos where you can easily see her nipples already circulating the web!) so it's not like her life is going to change whatso-freakin-ever.  Most celebs that have their lives ruined usually do so by getting hooked on drugs and shit, like ms. Lohan.

Ultimately, let this be a lesson to everyone--celebrities, regular folk, whatever--you put this stuff where people can find them and people will.  Just be more careful and more responsible than this.

Whoever did this is an asshole. That kind of shit ruins lives. 

Or, more often than not, starts careers.

And in the cases for these people it probably will bolster attention towards them.

Still, it's kind of mean to snooping through other peoples personal stuff. It would like robbing someones house just because they left the front door unlocked. Yeah, it's shitty security but it's wrong none-the-less. 

No argument here, but do try explaining that to the guy who's running away with your TV.

I'ts the same stupid discussion all over again

a thread was closed because of this...

"Victim blaming"

"Oh but you are defending rapists/burglars!!"

"B-But-but stealing is wrong!!!

OF COURSE it's wrong you stupid moron*!

Quote: see post above ^

Try explaining it to the burglar/thief/rapist/hacker

post-6429-0-84967900-1409679097_thumb.jpg

No it's not your fault, but still you shoudda been more careful

Next time' you'll think twice when having slutty pictures of yourself ONLINE

If you really, I mean rrrrrreealllly have to take them, at least use a pendrive, or your own computer, I dunno, something safer than a place that can and will be hacked as no place on the internet is really safe. They hack government sites for Christ's sake. What in Oblivion compelled you to think iCloud was a safe place to keep them?

*Disclaimer: no particular person is an insult target of this post, it's merely a way of speaking to show a certain energy in the idea

I'ts the same stupid discussion all over again

a thread was closed because of this...

"Victim blaming"

"Oh but you are defending rapists/burglars!!"

"B-But-but stealing is wrong!!!

OF COURSE it's wrong you stupid moron*!

Quote: see post above ^

Try explaining it to the burglar/thief/rapist/hacker

attachicon.gifgGXLjzT.jpg

No it's not your fault, but still you shoudda been more careful

Next time' you'll think twice when having slutty pictures of yourself ONLINE

If you really, I mean rrrrrreealllly have to take them, at least use a pendrive, or your own computer, I dunno, something safer than a place that can and will be hacked as no place on the internet is really safe. They hack government sites for Christ's sake. What in Oblivion compelled you to think iCloud was a safe place to keep them?

*Disclaimer: no particular person is an insult target of this post, it's merely a way of speaking to show a certain energy in the idea

This, so much this. Pretty much the reason I refuse social media websites, nothing is really safe when it's online. Did everyone forget how sony was hit when PSN was compromised for an entire month plus plenty of accounts have had their passes stolen etc. I might not have too much empathy since, one, I do not find nudity shots to be a big deal, and two, they are multimillionaires, how worse are their lives going be after this? I am pretty sure, involuntarily of course, will boost their popularity.

And, why on earth would you go straight to the media and say "YES these are real pictures of ME" and not try to at least draw attention away from yourself by saying NO there all fakes. As screwed up as this "Leak" may be for it's victims why are they ALL going to the media? telling them it's real. why not just stay with the original Going to the police and let them handle it. Going straight to the media will no doubt make it even tougher to catch the nimrod/s that did the hacking. 

Unfuckingbelievable the stupidity of these A Listers.

Victoria Justice went into full denial-mode until people started pointing out specific features of the fotos, so eventually she admitted it yesterday.

Denying it wont work for long in these Times, might just as well admit it and take the necessary legal steps (as useless as these steps are. DCMAing 4chan, lul.. )

Guest GuyWhoAbruptlyDisappeared

Whieknights are a dime a dozen.

It saddens me that men get berated and accused of white-knighting for denouncing obvious bigotry.

The only way to not get called a white knight / jiggalo / etc. these days is to shut your brain off and ignore how fucked up western society is.

Whieknights are a dime a dozen.

Yeah, how dare they defend women with logic. 

Right because telling a person to not take pic of their junk and put it on the internet is an "attack on women" and his pointing out of such is "logic"? 

This doesn't have shit to do with gender and everything to do with common sense. People (ALL people) are expected to follow some sort of reasoning, i fail to see how both men and women making the common sense statement of "if you don't want nude pic of you shown don't make them" somehow equates to this being some sort of exclusive attack on women by men. I'm just going to leave this here  ;)

The 'common sense statement' is about as 'common sense' as 'If you don't want your lingerie stolen from your bedroom drawer and put on display around the city then don't have lingerie'. Not having something is a way for it not to get stolen, yes, but that's not common sense of anything, that's just dumb.  A much more 'common sense' argument would be to suggest moving to a neighborhood where a bunch of perverts aren't going to break into your house and steal your lingerie. 

It was an attack on women - it was successfully used to humiliate the celebrities. The hacker didn't go hack into nude celebrity accounts to jerk off. He had to go through extraneous effort to hack into those accounts and get the photographs and post them online. It was not a fappening, it was literally public humiliation. Very much like someone breaking into a lingerie drawer and stapling them on every telephone pole in the neighborhood. Lingerie is nothing to be ashamed of - but that doesn't make it any less humiliating. 

And, sadly, yes, gender is definitely involved here. I challenge anyone on this thread to find a single occurrence of someone dumping bunch of men's nudes on the net against their will. 

The fact that those nudes got stolen from hundreds of women and posted is no big deal anyway - that's one pervert who will eventually get arrested.

The big deal is that people are applauding that kind of behavior - people are sniffing the lingerie - and then berating anyone who doesn't as a "white knight". And that right there is a real problem.

I'll just leave this here.

Archer---Do-you-want-ants.jpg

Ahem. I'm also not referring to you specifically, Corespore. Just ranting. 

^And what makes you think some people wouldn't want to see a nude male celeb? You do realize there are plenty of gay\bi men on LL. 

The person who hacked their accounts is a asshole, plain and simple. And i would say the same of anyone who stole another clothes\lingerie.

That's not my point here, the very fact that some men think they have to defend women is my issue. What makes them think they aren't capable of standing up for themselves? It seems to me that a whiteknight can't even understand their hypocrisy when their actions are basically saying they think women are to weak\stupid to fight their own battles. 

I'm not going to try to defend the actions of the hacker because they were wrong. But i respect the celebs (female and male) enough as people and equals to not hold back on my opinion because of their sex. If a person does something helpful they should be praised, if they do something destructive they should be pointed at and publicly humiliated regardless. 

Leaving something as sensitive photos online is the same as taping a copy of the photos to your front door, no matter the fact if they have balls or a vag they should be smart and mature enough to know there's only one way that's going to end, heaven forbid anyone had the nerve to call a celeb stupid for being stupid.

There's a huge difference between standing up for someone and standing with someone.

I do not want to stand up for women. That would be the ultimate hypocrisy - to say you oppose sexism and then feel obligated to speak for women. Women can stand up for women. But why can't men stand with them?

I will, however, without hesitation, stand with them. I am not trying to protect women, I am trying to align with them - not stand for them, but stand with them.

I speak out about this issue of posting nudes not because I think the celebrities need defending, or that women need defending, but because I have been exposed to the anti-feminine bullying that women experience every day, and I have common goals with the women who are already standing up for themselves. I don't stand up for them, I stand up with them. 

I only ask that you be very, very careful, when accusing people of white-knighting. My problem is not with calling out people who feel the need to stand up for women thanks to a hypocritical view of weakness, but with calling out people who stand with women as if they were the bigots themselves. I do not want to live in a world where people cannot stand with other people - where alliance is taboo.

If the person who wrote that article at cracked and I were female, would you still have called it white knighting? ;)

Yes, it was a minor mistake to post the nudes on Icloud without seeing the possibility of a stranger hacking into it - but why is this even being pulled into the argument? That justifies nothing. 

"I only ask that you be very, very careful, when accusing people of white-knighting." I call them like i see them and i don't give a flying fuck who's feelings i stomp on in the process. I respect another persons durability enough to know they are grown up enough to handle the truth, and then there's the fact I'm an asshole. 

"My problem is not with calling out people who feel the need to stand up for women thanks to a hypocritical view of weakness, but with calling out people who stand with women as if they were the bigots themselves. I do not want to live in a world where people cannot stand with other people - where alliance is taboo." They aren't bigots they are closet-sexists. And i have no issue with you standing up for what you believe in, infact, i place great value on opinions that differ from my own, opposing views provide a yardstick to help measure ones sanity. 

But my original question remains, what makes you think they aren't capable of standing up for themselves? In the end you still implying they can't so something without you. 

I fail to see how expecting a grown adult to fight their own battles is bullying, perhaps i'm just placing to much accountability on their shoulders but it seems high form of respect one person to give another the benefit of the doubt and give them the space to stand-up on their own terms.  

"But my ... you."

No I'm not. 

You're puling a straw-man argument here - I do not think they aren't capable of standing up for themselves at all.

Did you read anything I wrote at all?

My entire post that you're replying to is about how men can stand with women without standing up for them - the entire point was that I do not think I need to stand up for women, but  I do stand with them anyway, because we have common goals. It's an alliance among humans. Helping your allies for helping you is called being a decent human being. 

On a side note, I don't think anyone should be condemned for looking at the photos. That's just dumb. I mean, I've looked at the photos myself. Who wouldn't?

However, I also don't think anyone should applaud the hacker. That's harmful. 

Archived