[BROKEN/DON'T USE] Heroine in Distress Alpha 0.5a (2016-03-19)

Sorry, I'm totally lost in thi cave: I found the shroom but never seen the mortar and pestle, not even a letter in the first room (and I have unread book glow).

Need some clues to continue, plz T_T ! I finally found it in a corridor in the dark. But when I eat the ground shroom, no effect happen...

Yeah, there's no visible effect at the moment. It should work though if taken at the right time.

Hello,

I'm getting a pretty odd CTD with the mod.

It happens when I arrive at the mill and I can only tell that it seems to be linked to the NPC that I need to talk to to get the quest started proper.

I think it crashes when the player enters the same cell as the owner of the mill, whomever that is.

Here are the logs, maybe they'll tell ya why this may be happening (I'm pretty sure I had the debug logging running, so something should appear).

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.logattachicon.gifPapyrus.1.log

I think this was also mentioned on the Skooma Whore thread a while back... can't remember if a solution was found, though.

Might be misremembering.

Hello,

I'm getting a pretty odd CTD with the mod.

It happens when I arrive at the mill and I can only tell that it seems to be linked to the NPC that I need to talk to to get the quest started proper.

I think it crashes when the player enters the same cell as the owner of the mill, whomever that is.

Here are the logs, maybe they'll tell ya why this may be happening (I'm pretty sure I had the debug logging running, so something should appear).

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.logattachicon.gifPapyrus.1.log

These lines suggest something's gone horribly wrong. I don't know how though. Is this the first time running the mod, or did you upgrade from one version to another? Does it happen on a new game?

[03/16/2015 - 06:49:33PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "OnUpdate" in state "" on object "hidSpiderScene".
[03/16/2015 - 06:49:33PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "SceneEnd" in state "" on object "hidSpiderScene".
[03/16/2015 - 06:49:33PM] Error: Unable to bind script hidSpiderScene to  (4C01BF64) because their base types do not match
[03/16/2015 - 06:49:44PM] warning: Property Victim on script hidSpiderScene attached to  (4C01BF64) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/16/2015 - 06:49:44PM] warning: Property SpiderQuest on script hidSpiderScene attached to  (4C01BF64) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/16/2015 - 06:49:44PM] warning: Property SexLab on script hidSpiderScene attached to  (4C01BF64) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[03/16/2015 - 06:50:01PM] warning: Unable to get type hidSpiderScene referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.[03/16/2015 - 06:50:01PM] warning: Could not find type hidSpiderScene in the type table in save

Just to elaborate on something that was briefly mentioned.  Heroine in Distress and Skooma Whore conflict.

Worker's shack now has a locked door.

You can pick the lock and enter the shack if you want to work for skooma

The quest giver in Heroine (sorry, don't remember his name) will come back to the shack and tell you to leave.  Even if you are with a S-W customer.

Eventually he will turn hostile and attack.

This makes the Skooma Whore brothel unworkable.

I understand some mods conflict and I'm not asking you to change anything.  Just thought you might want to add it to the front page under Conflicts.

Guest Ediros

I don't know why but it crashes the game instantly even though I only have got all the mods mentioned here instaled.

By instantly I mean once the intro happens but before the menu.

It happens only after I add the main file from this mod

Here is the log:

[04/02/2015 - 09:33:50PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[04/02/2015 - 09:33:50PM] error: Native function GetUseSound in empty state does not match existing signature on linked type Potion. Function will not be bound.
[04/02/2015 - 09:33:50PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 2000.000000ms)
[04/02/2015 - 09:33:50PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

Edited by Ediros

I don't know why but it crashes the game instantly even though I only have got all the mods mentioned here instaled.

By instantly I mean once the intro happens but before the menu.

It happens only after I add the main file from this mod

This usually means you're missing or haven't enable one of the requirements.

Guest Ediros

I thought so, still I don't know what is causing this and I followed all the instructions as closely as I could. I wish there was some sort of walkthrough for that.

Still I am going to be fighthing with it and hopefully I will make it work.

And this appeared at the end:

[04/03/2015 - 02:39:46PM] VM is freezing...
[04/03/2015 - 02:39:46PM] VM is frozen
[04/03/2015 - 02:39:46PM] Log closed

I thought so, still I don't know what is causing this and I followed all the instructions as closely as I could. I wish there was some sort of walkthrough for that.

Still I am going to be fighthing with it and hopefully I will make it work.

And this appeared at the end:

[04/03/2015 - 02:39:46PM] VM is freezing...

[04/03/2015 - 02:39:46PM] VM is frozen

[04/03/2015 - 02:39:46PM] Log closed

Those lines at the end of the log are normal behavior. These four lines are added every time you do an area transition.

[04/03/2015 - 11:01:08PM] VM is freezing...

[04/03/2015 - 11:01:08PM] VM is frozen

[04/03/2015 - 11:01:08PM] Saving game...

[04/03/2015 - 11:01:08PM] VM is thawing...

And the "Log CLosed" one means you exited the game.

Guest Ediros

I see, okay thx. At least I know that these lines aren't a problem. In any case I still don't know why either Arachnophobia or Heroine in Distress crash on the start up so I am going to try reinstaling everything again...

A crash after the logos is likely caused by a mod trying to access an object in another mod that hasn't been loaded. Most commonly because the mod hasn't been installed, or been installed and not enabled.

If you're using Mod Organizer, it'll highlight mods with missing masters in the list with a little warning triangle. Another way to spot them is to use TES5Edit and let it load your entire mod list. It will error out saying what's missing (can't get an example as I'm on my Linux boot right now).

A less common possibility is that the mod order is loading a mod before another mod it uses stuff from. You can use LOOT to sort the mods which should fix that.

(ETA: I'm even sure a papyrus log is produced for a pre-menu crash, so you may just be seeing one from when it all worked)

Guest Ediros

Weird but by using mod organizer, I found out that the the heroine in Distress.esp is with that triangle

Okay I see I should make it work. Thanks for all the help.

I made it work but I think I messed up at the same time. There is nothing at that location, neither there is that guy and Creature animation Disabled.

It is working now I am checking it out.

The quest works but my character is not webbed in coccon, she is just standing still.

Okay I found out what was wrong, I am trying to make it work. Yep it was fnis and my own dumb mistake.

So far my impresions, that guy hoes way too far away and sometimes it is hard to find him + when he goes to his shack he moves so slooooow. We will see how it goes. The animation is looking good but how can I change my point of view? I don't know why but I haven't seen spiders doing any kinky stuff.

I tried the new v4. For some reason I couldn't get any grounded fly mushroom and V4 feel it is missing the tricked and captured by mad and perverted alchemist story feel too it that v3 had.

v3 feel like is was set up like tst form the alchemist on how well his potion work and how good your character wit and willing to use go those his test to escape.

v4 will like he lift for the spiders and feel like a maze no death version of Arachnophobia.

No be honest I think then v3 was better because you get a better feel on my he doing this to your character.

Guest Ediros

It looks promising, I would say but there is still a bit of work to be done. Goodluck on developing the mod.

Another Issue I found is that the victim in the pit below the starting location does not get cocconed.