[BROKEN/DON'T USE] Heroine in Distress Alpha 0.5a (2016-03-19)

Well, right off the bat, I cannot get the quest to trigger. I'm supposed to talk to Hjioriik, but there's no dialogue to get the quest from him.

Okay, fine.

I console in setstage hidspiderquest 61, as per the instructions.

So now I'm in the caves. I can't sneak, so I blunder into the first spider I find to get wrapped up, because that's all there is to do.

I cannot then get unwrapped, no matter how many times I hit ADAD+. I keep getting the right bar nearly all the way down, then it simply stops responding to my keystrokes until it builds up again (and again).

Bottom line, this mod simply didn't work for me. If the problem lies in "how much of the opportunity time" you take to struggle, I'd suggest scrapping that.

Piece.

If there's no quest dialogue from Hjioriik, the quest isn't running. As I noted in the TROUBLESHOOTING section, there should be a message why in the MCM. setstaging if the quest isn't running is unlikely to help.

Ah, the sex scenes are disabled in the latest version, mainly because I was trying to speed things up when testing. If you install this patch it should turn them back on.

attachicon.gifHeroineDistressAlpha-005a-sexpatch.zip

The spiders I use are a separate type with different attacks so they shouldn't trigger arachnophobia's stuff (assuming the latest version still works as the older versions did) and hopefully not the spider add-on for estrus (which I haven't tested).

Lmao I noticed that myself. Thanks for the patch!

I'm not sure about the one that spawns normally, but the one I spawned through the console (With the baseid of this mod's spider) can impregnate, or at least parasite via defeat, which would probably have the same result with however it's triggered in this mod. 

I think this might cause an issue in making the spider(s) non-hostile and thus prevent continuation of this quest - I'm not sure if it's because of defeat, ES+ or both. I'll test it out.

Anyway for what it's worth, after loading the 0.4 save from the starting point in the caves with 0.5 active, I had no issues I wasn't already having - that currently being either not understanding when to use the fly anamita or whatever it's meant to trigger just not happening. Oh, and the absence of Hjorik's dialog which I'll check for with this patch just in case.

Now for suggestions: Speaking of speeding things up though, imo the struggling minigame should be much faster. I feel like it's too easy once you know the mechanics behind it, but regardless of the difficulty it's extremely tedious unless you manage to escape in the first window.

More decorations like webs and sacs would be nice and help distinguish each room from the next. Cocooned NPCs would also be a nice detail instead of the (single) static body.

Agreed on the suggestions, especially the decorations bit. I've been saying on the Arachnophobia thread that cocooned NPCs would be a great addition to any of the spider lairs too, even if its just simple randoms that are there as 'scenery', but no one seems to pick up on that. From the inception of the spider mods, I've thought that it would be awesome to include cocooned NPCs, not only to set the tone of the spidery locations, but also maybe to add in quests if you rescue the NPC.. in terms of this mod, one 'freed NPC' quest could have them help you try to escape the lair in some way, or maybe you could use them to distract the spiders while you escape.

Just some ideas to add on there. But yeah, I love the look of the spider lair in the Arachnophobia mod, with plenty of egg sacs, and webbing about, though from what I've seen from this mod, some of the lairs seem a bit bare for spider lairs. As I said, adding in sacs, webbing and maybe other cocoons could amp up that feeling there. And captured NPCs in the lair could also aid in the belief that the place is a lot more sinister, trapping more than just the player character.

That said, this may have been asked before, but I haven't seen it; Is there any plan to deal with followers joining the player in the caves? or is this meant as a solo experience?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, right off the bat, I cannot get the quest to trigger. I'm supposed to talk to Hjioriik, but there's no dialogue to get the quest from him.

Okay, fine.

So now I'm in the caves. I can't sneak, so I blunder into the first spider I find to get wrapped up, because that's all there is to do.

I cannot then get unwrapped, no matter how many times I hit ADAD+. I keep getting the right bar nearly all the way down, then it simply stops responding to my keystrokes until it builds up again (and again).

Bottom line, this mod simply didn't work for me. If the problem lies in "how much of the opportunity time" you take to struggle, I'd suggest scrapping that.

Piece.

If there's no quest dialogue from Hjioriik, the quest isn't running. As I noted in the TROUBLESHOOTING section, there should be a message why in the MCM. setstaging if the quest isn't running is unlikely to help.

i have the same problem he doesnt have annything to say and the trubleshooting says no problems found

Okay, fine.

Piece.

i have the same problem he doesnt have annything to say and the trubleshooting says no problems found

See the instructions in the TROUBLESHOOTING section of the first post, where it starts with "For reporting other problems"...

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I've confused with a problem with this mod (ver 0.5a).  Could you tell me what's wrong?

(It's a fresh install.)

This mod won't properly start and when I press the 'start' button in MCM menu, it says 'Heroine in Distress failed to restart' or so.

When I check the papyrus log I found these things below:

[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: Heroine in Distress - Debug Mode On
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: Running under SexLab 1.62
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: Registering Animations
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: Rumour Quest Already Started
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] error: Cannot call IsDeleted() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[hidSpiderQuest (84000D6F)].hidspiderqst.always() - "hidSpiderQst.psc" Line 193
[hidMCMenuQuest (84003E94)].hidMCMenuQst.OnOptionSelect() - "hidMCMenuQst.psc" Line 62
[hidMCMenuQuest (84003E94)].hidMCMenuQst.SelectOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 1177
[sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (18000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnOptionSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 159
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp17"
stack:
[hidSpiderQuest (84000D6F)].hidspiderqst.always() - "hidSpiderQst.psc" Line 193
[hidMCMenuQuest (84003E94)].hidMCMenuQst.OnOptionSelect() - "hidMCMenuQst.psc" Line 62
[hidMCMenuQuest (84003E94)].hidMCMenuQst.SelectOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 1177
[sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (18000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnOptionSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 159
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] error: Cannot call IsEnabled() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[hidSpiderQuest (84000D6F)].hidspiderqst.always() - "hidSpiderQst.psc" Line 198
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp16"
stack:
[hidSpiderQuest (84000D6F)].hidspiderqst.always() - "hidSpiderQst.psc" Line 198
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: SexLab Aroused is installed at 12
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] error: hidSpiderScene.AddToFaction() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:
[hidSpiderQuest (84000D6F)].hidspiderqst.ApplyFactionToList() - "hidSpiderQst.psc" Line 319
[hidSpiderQuest (84000D6F)].hidspiderqst.always() - "hidSpiderQst.psc" Line 219
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] error: hidSpiderScene.GetDisplayName() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:
[hidSpiderQuest (84000D6F)].hidspiderqst.ApplyFactionToList() - "hidSpiderQst.psc" Line 320
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp30"
stack:
[hidSpiderQuest (84000D6F)].hidspiderqst.ApplyFactionToList() - "hidSpiderQst.psc" Line 320
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID:  ApplyFactionToList
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] error: hidSpiderScene.IsInFaction() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:
[hidSpiderQuest (84000D6F)].hidspiderqst.ApplyFactionToList() - "hidSpiderQst.psc" Line 321
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp31"
stack:
[hidSpiderQuest (84000D6F)].hidspiderqst.ApplyFactionToList() - "hidSpiderQst.psc" Line 321
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: [hidSpiderScene < (840324F4)>] failed to join faction [Faction < (0C06E8C6)>]
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: 寒霜蜘蛛 ApplyFactionToList
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: [hidspiderambush < (840247ED)>] is in faction [Faction < (0C06E8C6)>]
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: [hidspiderambush < (840247E9)>] is in faction [Faction < (0C06E8C6)>]
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: [hidspiderambush < (840247E2)>] is in faction [Faction < (0C06E8C6)>]
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: [hidspiderambush < (84019995)>] is in faction [Faction < (0C06E8C6)>]
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: Spiders are not valid. Stopping Quest
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: New Spider Animation Registered [sslBaseAnimation <alias RegistrySlot374 on quest SexLabQuestRegistry (0B0664FB)>]
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:00PM] HID: PapyrusUtil: 32
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:01PM] HID: Quest Restart Attempted. Result 1
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:08PM] VM is freezing...
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:08PM] VM is frozen
[12/31/2016 - 06:57:09PM] Log closed

PS, I've installed Sexlab v1.62, Sexlab Aroused, Zaz v6.11, Creature Framework and Fus Ro Do'h already.
PPS, I've got a few Chinese words in this piece of log and perhaps you're not able to read it from your side. Those Chinese words refer to 'Frost Spider'.

Papyrus.0.log

What's your full mod list?

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
FM - HaafingarHall.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
Heels Sound.esm
succubuseatos.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Legendary.esp
SkyUI.esp
UIExtensions.esp
EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
CharacterMakingExtender.esp
OblHairs03.esp
OblHairs04.esp
OblHairs05.esp
OblHairs06.esp
OblHairs07.esp
[NINI]Sister.esp
Facelight.esp
XPMSE.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
NeuEnchantment.esp
AddItemMenu2.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
BlackHorseCourier.esp
CiriOutfit.esp
linglingsclothes.esp
yurica_summerdress [HDT].esp
New Armor.esp
Clarion - Crystal Sword.esp
Goma's Amazoness.esp
DQ8DivineBustiers.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
zzTmBallGown.esp
WindstadMine.esp
Immersive Wenches.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp
Colorful_Magic.esp
HeroineDistress.esp
LeafRest ver2.3.1.esp
Hateful Wenches.esp
FM - HHall Exterior.esp
kankaraya.esp
FM - UNP Merchants.esp
theRoadstrokersRoyalElvenSet.esp
JulianosBow.esp
DF_T25.esp
DJQLucyHeartfilaOutfit.esp
lilithsdisemboweler_CN.esp
sharkaiy - Immaterial Equipments.esp
SophitiaByNausicaa.esp
ViciousSARRv1.1MADress.esp
VioLens.esp
YourMarketStall.esp
zzEstrus.esp
SkyRe_ModPatch.esp
dwrsp.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
IcyV Crystalia.esp
hestia_Outfit.esp
PirateRobes.esp
blackglasses.esp
DemonHunterArmor.esp
typemoonWeapon.esp
TW3_femaleArmors_zzjay.esp
LeilaniArmorPack.esp
NetherweaveRobes.esp
bwitch.esp
Cassandra Frost Witch.esp
_ZAXIllia.esp
Lydia-2014-002.esp
NL_LYF Follower.esp
AcquisitiveSoulGemMultithreaded.esp
NonEssentialChildren.esp
moreeyes03.esp
moreeyes02.esp
moreeyes01.esp
SkyCompleteLegendary.esp
better_torches.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-WinterEdition.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - default.esp
MarieRose Wig.esp
masser Size x3.0.esp
Peaches Hair.esp
RRAsuna.esp
secunda Size x0.7.esp
Seductress Serana.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
Colonial Formal Attire.esp
BodyChange.esp
RacePatch_SnowyJune.esp
EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
Devious Devices - For the Masses II.esp
SDpatch - dawnguard.esp
SDpatch - dragonborn.esp
SkyrimBound.esp
FNIS.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
PartyDress.esp
Fancy Dress.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
FireBurns.esp
Hateful Wenches -Dread Knight Weapon Set-.esp
GoddessDiana.esp
succubuseatos.esp
JZBai_Hidespots.esp
HydraShot.esp
ArcaneCleanser.esp
Dancing Shadow Rose.esp
Poser Misao.esp
Apropos.esp
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, fine.

Piece.

Have the same issue as soul poet.  I've been through troubleshooting to no avail and not seen anything show up as to why in the MCM.  When I setstage into the quest it shows as active, my character gets wrapped, and I can struggle to a small bit of web strength left.  BUT I cannot break free, and the spiders never come back to re-wrap even if I fail twice.  Maybe just a single button press?  Or even just a similar function to the "struggle free of your bonds" prompt that comes up when you are bound via a devious device, but only require it twice to break free?

You might want to check your work here.  Hijorik isn't giving out the quest on our end.  I can speak with the mill owner who directs me to him.  I've tried with an existing save and a new one using the console prompts as you instruct.

Also on your first page the set stage command was wrong.  you're missing an "r".

Okay, fine.

Piece.

Have the same issue as soul poet.  I've been through troubleshooting to no avail and not seen anything show up as to why in the MCM.  When I setstage into the quest it shows as active, my character gets wrapped, and I can struggle to a small bit of web strength left.  BUT I cannot break free, and the spiders never come back to re-wrap even if I fail twice.  Maybe just a single button press?  Or even just a similar function to the "struggle free of your bonds" prompt that comes up when you are bound via a devious device, but only require it twice to break free?

You might want to check your work here.  Hijorik isn't giving out the quest on our end.  I can speak with the mill owner who directs me to him.  I've tried with an existing save and a new one using the console prompts as you instruct.

Also on your first page the set stage command was wrong.  you're missing an "r".

The setstage command isn't part of troubleshooting - it's for a quick start when things are working. 

What I need for troubleshooting - other than errors detected by the MCM - is a papyrus log. That will hopefully contain the error or warning that stops the whole quest from working in the first place.

I had to start it via the setstage command, it also wouldn't give me dialogue  on the H-guy.  I suspect that it refused to start because I have Skooma Whore installed, but I read that it wasn't incompatible anymore because it stopped using the same building or something.   Anyway, after escaping, I still have the white and teal progress bars for wriggling free on screen.  Is there a console command I can use to clear those away?

Edit: Doing the uninstall got them cleared after restarting, but I'm hoping I can reactivate it so it will be a possible outcome of Simple Slavery.

Edit 2: It worked great as an outcome for Simple Slavery.  :)

Edit 3:  The white & teal progress bars came back again, about 10-20 minutes after exiting the spider nest. It happened in combat I think. 

Hello there, I realise that this is probably really late (and maybe not relevant) but in the mod that this spawned from, you made mention of potential draugr mummification (posted 17th august in 2014):

At this point I'm still sort of working out the intersection of what the creation kit will let you do versus what I can make it do (it took a couple of days for me to add a static model of my own making, without it floating away whenever you got near it, for example), so I can't really commit to everything mentioned so far. But, in general, Draugr in the future: yes. Being wrapped up and trapped in a sarcophagus: not averse to this, but think it would need new animations to be worthwhile. Becoming a Draugr: probably beyond me at the moment.

My question is, are you still considering this as a potential thing for your mod?

I had to start it via the setstage command, it also wouldn't give me dialogue  on the H-guy.  I suspect that it refused to start because I have Skooma Whore installed, but I read that it wasn't incompatible anymore because it stopped using the same building or something.   Anyway, after escaping, I still have the white and teal progress bars for wriggling free on screen.  Is there a console command I can use to clear those away?

Edit: Doing the uninstall got them cleared after restarting, but I'm hoping I can reactivate it so it will be a possible outcome of Simple Slavery.

Edit 3:  The white & teal progress bars came back again, about 10-20 minutes after exiting the spider nest. It happened in combat I think. 

You can try stopping the quest from the MCM, but you're better off reverting to an earlier save.

Hello there, I realise that this is probably really late (and maybe not relevant) but in the mod that this spawned from, you made mention of potential draugr mummification (posted 17th august in 2014):

At this point I'm still sort of working out the intersection of what the creation kit will let you do versus what I can make it do (it took a couple of days for me to add a static model of my own making, without it floating away whenever you got near it, for example), so I can't really commit to everything mentioned so far. But, in general, Draugr in the future: yes. Being wrapped up and trapped in a sarcophagus: not averse to this, but think it would need new animations to be worthwhile. Becoming a Draugr: probably beyond me at the moment.

My question is, are you still considering this as a potential thing for your mod?

No. I'm struggling to find time for this as it is.

If you don't get dialogue then it's because there is a check AFAIK in this mod that prevents the quest from continuing further. I also don't get any dialogue options from Mr. H. If you hit the reset option in the mod MCM, it will tell you that there is an incompatible mod. I suspect the reason it sort of works is because Simple Slavery bypasses the check. I hope that in future versions that the check is removed.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, fine.

Piece.

The setstage command isn't part of troubleshooting - it's for a quick start when things are working. 

What I need for troubleshooting - other than errors detected by the MCM - is a papyrus log. That will hopefully contain the error or warning that stops the whole quest from working in the first place.

Sorry life is keeping me from gaming much.  I have a save from before I tried getting access to Hijorik.  Would this work for a papyrus log?

1)  start game from save.

2)  Attempt to talk to Hijorik

3)  Capture a screen shot of what Hijorik is saying to me.

4) Exit the dialog, then safely exit skyrim

5)  Capture the log file

• 2 months later...

No. As the change to the title says, it's currently broken.

Do you know the error and are you working on this? Currently i have some time to test (and log) things, if that would help you. It's something like one year ago, but i still feel a bit ashamed that i reported an error once, you said a papyrus log would help and i never offered you one.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Natarle said:

is this mod dead?

Of course it's dead, the last posts in this thread are over a year old and the mod was DEAD then.  If you'd checked just a bit further by looking at the profile of the author you'd see the last time he visited was a year ago.

Obviously he's moved on. 

So play with it at your own risk. Just because it's broken or dead doesn't mean you can't try to explore what it does.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...