MLP! Expectation vs. Reality!

Guest Omega1084

Fandoms a shit

Did someone hack your account? I don't see statistics, university papers, or grammar on your post.

That's all there is to say about fandoms from my view. The only good thing that ever comes out of a fandom is the content that is created by the fans. The rest is about being stupid and annoying.

MLP? I just need to leave this one here then ^_^  Warning: Very much NSFW and utterly bizarre.

http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/EmmaPresents/269455/EPresents-My-Small-Horsie-Twilights-Rape 

You can't judge the majority of the fandom by whats done by the minority.  Just because there are a few content creators that are into that doesnt mean you should forget about all the other content made by the MLP fandom.  Episodes (usually very bad ones), music, pictures, music videos, etc.  There is A LOT of content to look at, dont judge because of a few perverts that want to see ponies fuck.

Guest Omega1084

Fandoms a shit

Did someone hack your account? I don't see statistics, university papers, or grammar on your post.

That's all there is to say about fandoms from my view. The only good thing that ever comes out of a fandom is the content that is created by the fans. The rest is about being stupid and annoying.

Good fan-created content is a rarity... which I think is the name of a pony...

Anyway, it's pretty rare for a fanbase to create something good on their own besides terrabytes of stupid arguing I can sift through and giggle at.

Guest Omega1084

Well, sometimes it ends up being better than the source material.

Sonic 06 was crap, but there's a nice Sonic 06 2D game I played that's pretty great.

Wish it was finished though.

Anyway, it's pretty rare for a fanbase to create something good on their own besides terrabytes of stupid arguing I can sift through and giggle at.

Ya, that's why - quite ironically so - big fandoms are better than smaller ones. The more fans, the more content that gets produced. If one would assume that 90% of the content is garbage then you'd need plenty of people doing new content so that the 10% of the good content is a large enough number to keep people hooked.

Guest Omega1084

Ya, that's why - quite ironically so - big fandoms are better than smaller ones. The more fans, the more content that gets produced. If one would assume that 90% of the content is garbage then you'd need plenty of people doing new content so that the 10% of the good content is a large enough number to keep people hooked.

Fair enough.

Sometimes it's really not worth it to sift through piles of turd punches to find a half-decent piece of art, though.

Fair enough.

Sometimes it's really not worth it to sift through piles of turd punches to find a half-decent piece of art, though.

That's why we have Danbooru-styled imageboards. Searching by tags / blacklisting things you don't want to see and filtering by average score for example will block most of the bad stuff per default.

Here's the last thing I'm going to say, and the last video I will leave.  If you're open minded, then give My Little Pony a try, and chances are, you'll like it.  It's a show for little girls, but the art design, story telling, and character development are really good, and better than any of the modern cartoons that are on television.  If you don't have an open mind, then don't have an open mouth either.  Unless you tried it, and genuinely don't like it, don't pretend that it's garbage and that you're better than the bronies that like it.  Period.

Guest Omega1084

I watched a few episodes of it, it wasn't for me.

I'll agree that it's much MUCH better than anything Cartoon Network, Disney or Nick have to offer, though. That's a given.

However this thread wasn't really about the show itself, mostly about the terrible dark side of its fanbase, that being the really annoying assholes from that isolated part of the fanbase which end up being really closed-minded and stupid.

Like for example, TheVoid, you're pretty cool. Meanwhile there's this asshole on Youtube still arguing with people that MLP is objectively fucking amazing and anyone who doesn't like it is objectively a piece of shit human. For every one good fan there's six or more shitty dickheads.

You'd expect nice people since it's a nice show for kids, but no, people just aren't like that.

Reminds me as well of people who like anime like DBZ or Naruto.

They're always fighting and in my head I'm thinking "Their heroes[Goku/Naruto respectively] would be so disappointed in them."

But anyway, yeah, that's my two pennies. Take them as you will :v

I'll agree that it's much MUCH better than anything Cartoon Network, Disney or Nick have to offer, though. That's a given.

However this thread wasn't really about the show itself, mostly about the terrible dark side of its fanbase, that being the really annoying assholes from that isolated part of the fanbase which end up being really closed-minded and stupid.

Like for example, TheVoid, you're pretty cool. Meanwhile there's this asshole on Youtube still arguing with people that MLP is objectively fucking amazing and anyone who doesn't like it is objectively a piece of shit human. For every one good fan there's six or more shitty dickheads.

You'd expect nice people since it's a nice show for kids, but no, people just aren't like that.

They're always fighting and in my head I'm thinking "Their heroes[Goku/Naruto respectively] would be so disappointed in them."

Hey, Legend of Korra is amazing. Other than that you're right, though. There isn't much that's worth seeing nowadays. Invader Zim for example was a show I really enjoyed watching but Nick canceled it because reasons (they're assholes, that's why if you ask me).

Guest Omega1084

Hey, Legend of Korra is amazing. Other than that you're right, though. There isn't much that's worth seeing nowadays. Invader Zim for example was a show I really enjoyed watching but Nick canceled it because reasons (they're assholes, that's why if you ask me).

I think the last full episode of anything I watched on Cartoon Network was Billy and Mandy.

Only reason I finished that episode was my head trying to catch up with how gross and terrible the show was.

When a simple cartoon almost makes you want to vomit you know something's wrong with the world e-e

From what I've seen it's not gotten any better. I wouldn't know about Nick or Disney currently but I Spongebob creeps me out.. so there.

Now I can't even escape to Boomerang to watch decent shows because they throw poop in there too.

Also, and this goes for TV in general, which makes it kind of off-topic, but what the fuck is up with channels that used to do documentaries only[Discovery, History, Science, etc] having RealityTV bullshit now? What even-

It is turn off for me, to much ponies in ponies. Seriously how much sugar you can stuff before puke. So looks like that aesthetic of this animations renders me unable to watch more that 5 min of it. But truth to be told I have seen some fan art of humanoid ponies and I was perfectly fine with that, more to say I was intrigued.

• 2 weeks later...

I know a guy who labels himself a brony. My work took him on as a part-timer. He was really funny because he had no filter, so he would just say the most random, unrelated shit.

He also challenged one of my coworkers to an eating contest at the company's Christmas dinner, (which nobody accepted) but he ate like kobayashi anyway, until he got sick.

He bought a $2000 gold watch with the money he saved from working, instead of spending it on something that was actually practical or useful.

Archived