MLP! Expectation vs. Reality!

Guest Omega1084

Guest Omega1084

I feel so bad for her.

She's like 1% of the MLP fanbase, the rest are creepy old guys, I wish I was kidding about that too.

I'm nod judging or anything, like what you will, but damn man, there's a point where you gotta realize you're being a LITTLE creepy about the show about cute little horses. I don't even care about the hentai related to the show, there's hentai about everything and there's fanbases about everything.

I've never seen the show and don't care to, I don't really like kid's shows and judging by CN's current lineup I just can't expect anything more than fart jokes and vomiting. Anyway, seriously, have some decency. That's all.

Also a lot of the fanbase itself is kinda shitty. Crazy radicals that'll kill you over the internet if you so much as mention that you may not like the show.

I know that's just speaking from personal experience but 9/10 bronies I've met are shit people, I've met a few nice ones, but very few. Reminds me of the "homestucks" and now apparently some show called Adventure Time has just about the same quality of a fanbase.

Ramble ramble.

Meh, that bald guy could be her significant other; they might be peas in a pod.  I hate to see a picture and just make assumptions.  Maybe that's her normal repose in social situations, or maybe she drank too much MLP wine and doesn't feel good.  I don't know the first thing about My Little Pony, but on the internet everyone's a radical about everything.

Of course you would dig up the grossest picture of a minority of the fanbase as you can find.  Most bronies, such as myself, are actually pretty normal people.  I have two coworkers who are bronies to some degree.  They don't seem the slightest bit weird.  Now, I'm not trying to attack you for not liking the show.  You can choose not to like it all you want.  I don't give a crap about that.  But I stand here to represent the fanbase as a whole to tell you that 90% of the adult fanbase are normal, decent people.  There are dark sides to every fanbase; this is true.  But you can't judge all of us based on a few sickos.

Honestly, noone was more against the fanbase than me.  But after so many annoying brony videos on youtube, I decided to try the show to see what all the fuss was about.  I watched it with the intent to not like it.  After a few episodes, I could not find a reason to hate it.  In fact, a lot of it made me laugh.  It still does.  I didn't watch the Equestria Girls movie in theaters, because I didn't think it would be that good.  I thought Hasbro was taking it in a bad direction.  But watching it online, it wasn't that bad, in spite of how many within the fandom itself don't like it.  Next month, I will be watching the Rainbow Rocks movie in theaters.  I like the battle of the bands concept of that movie.

My point is, maybe find out why people like it so much.  I know someone who doesn't watch the show actively; not a fan.  But he's seen enough of it with his niece to understand why some people do.  One video I recommend is Ballad of the Brony.  It lasts an hour, but it gives a good history of the franchise from its birth, and shows it's growth, death, and rebirth through the years.  Today, there are cons to the show that rival the San Diego Comic Con.  Rivals E3.  Doesn't beat them, but is not dwarfed by them.  The biggest being Bronycon.  The latest being in Baltimore.  Lauren Faust was in tears because of how happy she was that her show grew so big, almost over night.

Basically, don't judge(...yes, you are.). Respect those who watch it, since they really aren't doing anything to hurt you.  And live a happy life, regardless.

I dont like MLP at all.

Says the guy with the Rainbow Dash avatar.  ....oh, you were just kidding.

Sweetie Belle: Ugh!  Why does life have to be so ironic!!?

That girl looks like she needs a hug.

If I were her I'll start to look for an MLP fan circle without those /b/ types. 

For every piece of popular media there are several types of fans and fandoms, with some circles peopled by very welcoming and pretty decent people, but others -- the strange minority -- who are quite the caricature stereotype and reinforce the image, and others who are terribly elitist and purist.

Going off of Atreyu's post, a few videos I recommend to understand why people like the show are reviews on three different episodes.  Based on the commentary of why they're enjoying the episode (two of the reviews are basically watching the episode while they review it, and showing most of the clips of it so you can see most of it for yourself).  You may or may not like the episode, but you'll see where we, as bronies, are coming from.

This first video has a little back story that has nothing to do with the episode.  Basically, the main reviewer, Josh, and his friends have "powers", and Josh's power is he can make explosions.  Using this power, he blew up Alex's home.  Again, nothing to do with the review, but its back story on what's going on outside of the review in the video.

This is a great video because it gives multiple perspectives on this episode, and why they enjoyed it.  Granted, its slightly biast because they're all military, but its still a great review.

This last one is the shortest, and there's little of the show that you can see, it's more of a review of the episode itself and makes a great case to watch the episode itself and give it a chance.

Going off of Atreyu's post, a few videos I recommend to understand why people like the show are reviews on three different episodes.  Based on the commentary of why they're enjoying the episode (two of the reviews are basically watching the episode while they review it, and showing most of the clips of it so you can see most of it for yourself).  You may or may not like the episode, but you'll see where we, as bronies, are coming from.

This first video has a little back story that has nothing to do with the episode.  Basically, the main reviewer, Josh, and his friends have "powers", and Josh's power is he can make explosions.  Using this power, he blew up Alex's home.  Again, nothing to do with the review, but its back story on what's going on outside of the review in the video.

This is a great video because it gives multiple perspectives on this episode, and why they enjoyed it.  Granted, its slightly biast because they're all military, but its still a great review.

This last one is the shortest, and there's little of the show that you can see, it's more of a review of the episode itself and makes a great case to watch the episode itself and give it a chance.

Well it is cute, but...

IT FEELS SO WRONG!

Now I need to murder something

Guest Omega1084

I'm not saying every brony is like this, but a lot are, and it's always the worst of a community that shines the brightest and blinds people on the outside looking in with its indecency, possibly deterring new people from joining in on whatever it is they share, like a TV show. They effectively make something terrible by association.

If I had six dollars for every MLP/Homestuck/Adventure Time/Sonic/Disney/Silent Hill/Dark Souls/Pewdiepie/etc. fan I've gotten into stupid arguments with because I didn't like something they enjoy or because I wasn't enjoying it the right way maybe because my opinion was slightly different on a certain subject then I'd have quit my job five years ago when I was only just getting into the swing of things. Now I'm a bitter cynical bitch because of these people and as much as I understand that not everyone is like that I can't help but feel in the back of my head "Hey, remember those assholes that ruined your day that time because you didn't like MLP?" and then the front of my head says "Yeah, I do. Fuck those guys, I'm going home."

That's all well and good, Void, but you're showing reviews from one side of the argument. Obviously they are going to recommend it because they already like it. How about showing me a review of someone like me watching it. Someone who has never seen it and never cares to? 

That's all well and good, Void, but you're showing reviews from one side of the argument. Obviously they are going to recommend it because they already like it. How about showing me a review of someone like me watching it. Someone who has never seen it and never cares to? 

The first video I showed has one of the reviewers that is not a brony, just someone that enjoyed the episode.  I have another episode from the same reviewer, but this is before he was a brony.  Whether or not he was actually a brony at the time of the review, I don't know, but he looks at it from an outside perspective.

I love my little pony. Want the new season to start now! Next villains going to be a space alien. They following DBZ by the book!

and I'm pretty sure I'm not a bronie, if they had any thing better to watch in the cartoon category I would say I was, but since there is nothing better... I guess I just like good cartoons. I mean there really isn't anything out there that isn't made over seas but MLP.

Still can't wrap my head around how they do that with flash though.

Archived