NLF SEASON 2014 (Picks, gripes, and most importantly Cheerleaders)

Preamble:

I don't know how many regular guys (and gals) here watch football but I'm starting this thread anyway.

Here's a convenient link to ESPN for quick reference:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/

This will bring you up to speed for schedules and stats.

What are we doing in this thread?

Talk'n 'bout FOOTBALL.  Post your team picks, gripes about the players, predictions, score boxes and anything else you like if it's about football.  Keep your complaints about how American football is a metaphor for the industrial-military complex and other such phooey to a minimum.

The Good Stuff:

And since this is Lover's Lab, we can't break the on-going theme.  So let's bring in the cheerleaders!

post-66546-0-45759400-1407533743_thumb.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/nfl-preseason-cheerleaders-1407527049-slideshow/

Thread Rules:

#1. If your team wins, you must include pic of their cheerleaders with your bragging rights post.

So yesterday kicked off preseason with the Colts at New York.  Aside from a disappointing exchange of field goals the second quarter shaped up and Johnson ended a nice drive by New York with a 1 yard cram touchdown.  I guess the hi-lite for me was Colts Hasselbeck's passing game (114yrds and one TD).  He really wanted to win but the Jets came back with a 51yrd fieldgoal (51 yards!) and took the win.

In honor of the Colts

post-66546-0-38449100-1407534488_thumb.jpg

In honor of the Jets

post-66546-0-80917200-1407534515_thumb.jpg

GO TEAM!!!

'Bout time a regular guy showed up.  I was getting concerned.  :P

The Lions are a no-brainer.  NFC North almost always tromps preseaon anyway.  I don't think the AFC ever recovered from all of the player juggling and expansion teams from the last decade.  The Texans have yet to get their shit together.   :lol:   Aside from Baltimore I couldn't tell you one player on a AFC roster this year.

If the Lions don't eat the Dawg Pound tonite there is something serious bad wrong.  As long as they don't pull that 3-4 defense like they did last season they should be sitting pretty this year.  They MIGHT make it to the play offs.  MIGHT.

Too bad there's not a way for us to bet push-ups or you-daddys on line.   I'd love to catch you in line at McDonald's and make you drop and gimme 25.  Whut-the-fuck WHUT! :D

I want to see the Cleveland D show up big this year.  They made some moves in free-agency and it would be nice to see them finally get back to a top tier Defense.  And I have them for fantasy.... so there is always that reason too.  I'm liking the Cleveland return game so far....

ALRIGHT BUDDY!  Welcome to the thread!  Awesome!

I didn't mean to be rough on your Browns.  (Eats hat.)  Fucking Detroit.  :lol:  I had no idea Cundiff could carry the game for them.  I know it's preseason but the Browns had better watch how many times they rely on the shotgun.  A team like Baltimore will hand them their heads.

Well, let's give the Dawg Pound their due.

post-66546-0-79348000-1407637525_thumb.jpg

GO TEAM!!!

Oh damn! I almost had to do push-ups at Mickey D's. :P Lions pulled out a last-minute TD, and saved their asses.

Houston's gettin' smeared by Arizona right now 20 - 0 in the 3rd.

Giants beat Steelers 20 - 16

Wish I could get a better read on the Steelers. I never know what to expect from them.

Houston's gettin' smeared by Arizona right now 20 - 0 in the 3rd.

I used to bump into one of the offensive coaches for Houston at a deli all the time.  Every morning he'd be there with his coffee black and his everything bagel and I'd ask him, "So how's it going?".  He always replied by shaking his head and groaning like Lurch off of the Addams Family.  :lol:

If Lions win you have to post pictures of their cheerleaders.  That's a new thread rule.

'If your team wins, you must post a pic of their cheerleaders.'

Gonna add that to the OP right now. :sleepy:

ALRIGHT BUDDY!  Welcome to the thread!  Awesome!

I didn't mean to be rough on your Browns.  (Eats hat.)  Fucking Detroit.  :lol:  I had no idea Cundiff could carry the game for them.  I know it's preseason but the Browns had better watch how many times they rely on the shotgun.  A team like Baltimore will hand them their heads.

Well, let's give the Dawg Pound their due.

attachicon.gifBrownsCheerleader.jpg

GO TEAM!!!

I'm more a Falcons fan, but I just want to see Cleveland, the Bears and Pittsburgh D-up like they were in the old days.  The NFL just doesn't seem to be in harmony if those teams don't have a solid D.

Edit:  As far as cheerleaders, the Titans girls are always freaking stunning.

checking in!    I am an NFL fan, through and through.  I love watching football, both NFL and college.  For me, its the only sport I follow.  ( I will watch the rest of them, just don't care enough to follow them)

Anyway, I am one of those few fans that actually watch a little of every game.  I have Sunday Ticket, so I usually just start by flippling back and forth through whichever one interests me the most at the moment, then by about halftime, I usually settle on one or two.  then there are so few afternoon games, that you can just pick one or two, then watch all of the sunday, monday and thursday night games.

My favorite team is the Broncos, have pulled for them since the '80s, since Elway.    My next favorite team is Carolina, simply because thats my local team.   I always pull for Denver and Carolina, regardless, with Denver first.   Other than that, I have some teams I like, and some I don't like as much.   But my least favorite teams are Dallas and St. Louis.  I will always pull AGAINST Dallas and St. Louis.

I will pull for teams that play outdoors over teams that play indoors.  I CANT STAND indoor stadiums.   Football should be played outside, in the weather.  I love snow and rain games.

The other thing that I CAN  NOT STAND, is the pregame shows, and announcers.   I refuse to watch the pregame shows, I can't stand to listen to those talking heads.   And many times, I watch games with the sound off, or way down, because the announcers get on my nerves.  Joe Theisman was the worst.  Troy Aikman is a close second.

And it goes without saying, that all NFL teams need cheerleaders, and those cheerbabes need more camera time.   I've often said that the girl sideline reporters should dress up as a cheerleader of the team that is playing and do their reporting. 

I'm not going to post a Denver cheerleader every time Denver wins, but tell ya what, I'll do this instead-   I am commissioner of my own fantasy football league.  ( I play in about 8-9 of them)   But in my one, I do a commish note every week, sort of a commentary on my league, on the games, the past weeks stats, trivia, and stuff like that.  At the end of each note, I upload/post a cheerbabe of the week, (sometimes more than one), it is a shot of a cheerleader, with the only stipulation being that I use an actual shot from a game that was actually played in the prior week.    So when I post that note, I'll post whatever pic I chose for my cheerbabe of the week, here in this thread also.     fair enough?  :)

A little funny thing, I got burned out on it several years ago, because I keep a LOT of stats on my league, and it takes a while to craft the weekly note.   I told me league I was getting burned out on it, so dont' expect it every week.    they all came back and said thats ok, they understood, but at least find and post the cheerbabe pic!    That was enough incentive right there to keep me doing it!

Awesome.  Welcome to the man-zone.

Don't worry about the 'cheerleader' pic with every victory post.  AwfulArch worships some lame-ass team that doesn't even HAVE cheerleaders.  As long as we keep the on-going theme of babes and FOOTBALL it's all good.  AwfulArch will just have to post pics of his mom I guess.  :P

I like the Broncs this year.  And they're scheduled for the Bengals @ Cincinatti, in late December, so you'll probably get two things you like out of that game; snow and your team on top at the end of the 4th.

For the record, my team's NOT Detroit. I just picked them for the win-of-the-night. My local team has no cheerleaders either though, as irony would have it.

I'm still figuring out who my favorite is. I prefer to take it game by game, and not pick 1 team to be the winner of every game. That goes for betting especially. ;)

I find myself rooting for unusual teams in certain games. My favorites include the Giants, the Steelers, and the Panthers. Believe it or not, I liked the Rams back in the day. Back in like 2007 or something. Even I was surprised. :P I'd always use them playing Madden on X-Box. Things have changed, however. :dodgy:

FOOTBALL

pittsexy.jpg

I was just busting on you about teams.  I wasn't trying to pigeon hole you because I do the same thing.  I WANT to see the old Iron League NFC North teams kick ass because that's what they did when I was kid.  The 1970's Vikings and Green Bay, Ditka's Bears; those were teams to be feared.  I miss that in today's football.

FYI, Jennifer Walcott is a member here at LL.

post-66546-0-20886000-1407723342_thumb.jpg

Not only is she intelligent and smokin' fucking hot, but she can mod her ass off too.  I used to talk to her about textures (she's practically a genius at it) and she's the one that got me off my ass to really start modding seriously. I asked her for help back in the Oblivion days and she basically told me 'Do it yourself'.  I have a lot of respect for her.  She's a super sweet girl with big personality.  She's a mommy too and she's married to Bear's safety Adam Archuleta!

Leave it to Lover's Lab.  I got football, babes and modding in one post.  :D

@ random dumbasses

Don't bother asking me who she is.  Even though Jen is a public figure, who she is here is the same as her private life as far as I'm concerned.  It's nobody's fucking business.

I may actually be AT the Buffalo/Pittsburgh game Saturday. Do stadiums have Wi-Fi?

"Reporting to LL LIVE, from Heinz Field, I'm AwfulArchdemon with your play-by-play feed of the Steelers/Bills pre-seasson kick-off!" :)

Also I'm mad at you for posting a super hot chick, saying she's a member here, refusing to say who, AND telling me she's...

married_with_children-logo.jpg

Copy of Big-Uns anyone?

Married-With-Children--Big-uns-Magazine-

;)

Boys Will Be Boys

http://news.yahoo.com/raiders-cowboys-practice-gets-heated-021424082--spt.html

I guess it's a good thing Oakland and Dallas won't be facing one other in regular season. :P

Quote of the Day by Dallas' B.W. Webb:

"I don't know why fans would want to jump on this side of the fence. I don't think they'd like it too much on this side."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, Dallas was 8 & 8 in 2013 but their yardage was abysmal.  2014 preseason isn’t being kind to them either with the Chargers pounding them 27/7.  This might be another rough year for Coach Garret.

San Diego didn’t fair much better with their 9 & 7 for 2013 but River’s passing game was on par with just about anyone else in the AFC.  The Chargers have a ridiculously easy schedule this year, facing the likes of Oakland, Jacksonville, Miami, and Kansas City.  I think the two hitches will be the Broncos (facing them twice) and the Ravens at Baltimore.  If the Chargers can get their rushing game up to speed and protect their Running Backs they might have a good season, but pushing everything off on Mathews isn’t going to fly, first round draft pick or not.

PREDICTIONS/PICKS:

Chargers @ Seahawks Friday: picks Chargers (Broncos beat Seahawks and the Chargers have a fresh win against the Cowboys)

Ravens @ Cowboys Saturday: picks Ravens (coming off a fresh win against SF and well...they're playing Dallas)

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaw shit! The season's startin' soon baby!

A damn shame what Philly did to Pitt. Damn PA vs PA games are always disappointing.

Gotta love that New York/New York game. :P Giants do it again. :)

Baltimore seems to be coming out tough. Another thing for Steelers to worry about. (they have too many rivals :P)

Saints and Colts...helluva game. NO brought out the win though. :sleepy:

Here, have a cheerleader:

eagles-broncos-football_pg_600.jpg

I would die for that girl. :mellow:

I don't watch sports or understand their popularity.  I just came here for the cheerleaders.

If you watched sports, then you'd see more cheerleaders! :lol: Then you'd "understand their popularity" a bit more. ;)  Not everyone who watches sports understands it. :P

I come from a town where sports are the only reason the city is even popular. :D

FOOTBALL!

nfl-cheerleader-hot-patriots-2-1024x768.