NLF SEASON 2014 (Picks, gripes, and most importantly Cheerleaders)

As promised.    Week 1 cheerbabe.    

Also, no idea if anyone would care about this, but here is my entire week 1 report, for the league I commision.     I think the formatting is off due to copy/paste, but you get the idea.     Mostly, everyone just cares about the cheerbabe though.  LOL

WEEK 1 Commentary

Welcome back, football fans! The drought is over! As always, expect this commish note around Thursday or Friday, AFTER the stat changes.

The opening day game turned out to be a good one, as the last years champion Catawba Stingrays started us off by defending their championship against the division rival Rocky Mountain Scouts.   The Stingrays also celebrated a new name and logo. The Scouts did very well, and the only difference in the game was the players on the bench, as both these two teams placed first and second in total points (active+bench) scored.

There were a few surprises, as the Ice and the Shaolin-Hooligans both won. These two teams have not done very well in the past, and both scored a bit more than they were forecasted too. The Shaolin-Hooligans laid the smack upon the Monarchs, and the Ice beat the Pirates fairly handily. Several anonymous sources report that there were text messages exchanged between the Ice and Pirates owners before, during and after the game. The nature of those texts is not known, and as of right now, the league is assuming there were no taunts involved.

The Mudhens and Hornets had a very close, fairly high scoring nailbiter, with the Hornets getting the edge.   And the Destroyers start the season off as the top dawg, with a win over the Chingos.

-Week 1 awards-

Player of the week – Matt Ryan, Mountain View Shaolin-Hooligans, 58.6 pts

(most pts by an active player)

Dud of the week – John Cyprien, Monarchs, 0 pts

(fewest pts, active player, that should have helped his team win)

Homer Simpson award – Jerod Mayo, Chingos, 44.8 pts

(most points by a benched player)

Hulk award – Destroyers, 238 pts

(team with most points in current week)

Mouse award – Monarchs, 129 pts

(team with least amount of points in current week)

Nailbiter award – Hornets over Mudhens, 3.6 pts

(narrowest margin of victory)

Layeth the Smack award – Shaolin-Hooligans over Monarchs, 73.6 pts

(biggest blowout)

Daffy Duck award – Mudhens, 203.2 pts

(most points gained in a loss)

Little Engine that could award – Hornets, 206.8 pts

(least points gained in a win)

Top Dawg award – Destroyers, 238 pts

(team with most points, season)

Lombardi award – Ice, 142.2 pts

(least points left on the bench by a winning team)

Leon award – Scouts, 221 pts

(most points sitting on the bench by a losing team)

Total Package – Conservatives, 441.6 pts

(Team with most total points, active + bench)

Sally’s award – Monarchs, 256.2 pts

(Team with least amount of total points, active + bench)

What it takes to WIN – 218 pts

(Average winning score)

What it takes to LOSE – 178 pts

(Average losing score)

Next week’s game of the week

Charlotte Destroyers vs. Rocky Mtn. Scouts

The Destroyers were the top dawg, and the Scouts were second in overall points.  Fans are looking forward to an offensive showdown!

Cheerbabe of the Week

c1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Sadly, I have neglected this thread.   I was just posting my commish note for my league, and thought of it.    I will spare you the note itself this time.   But here are the two cheerbabes of this week.

and.....I can't find the spoiler tag thingy, OR figure out how to scale down the image on here...so apologies if they are too big.   Somebody tell me where that spoiler thing is and I'll fix it if needed!

c11a.jpg

c11b.jpg