Do you read books in game? Which one is your favorite?

lidowxxx

I normally don't tend to read much, but I was bored from normal game play a few days ago and started reading almost every book that appears interesting, so far I read a whole bunch of them, many of which are pretty generic and dull, but one series of the books are very well written and even evoke some feelings inside of me.

So here is my favorite: The wolf queen, it has 8 volumes and I read them through nonstop and when I am done, I am surprised how the books portray such an amazing character. I always thought Potema a nasty evil character, and almost nothing else, that's the impression that the accounts of NPCs in game give you. But in the books, she is so much more, she is a brilliant and playful girl under the wings of her elders in her childhood, a loving wife and mother to her husband and son after she is married, an ambitious and vengeful spirit when her son and their claims are threatened. Sure she grows insane and summons daedras and undead to fight her enemies in her late years, but what would a mother do when her son is torched to death in a carriage? And the tricks she plays on Pelagius(who later becomes known as Pelagius the mad)  and his father before her death is simply masterful, purely brilliant!

On a side note, a character has so much depth such as her was poorly conveyed in game by Bethesda, she stands merely as another generic evil villain who wants to "return" to the realm of living to wreck havok that needs to be slain, oh, Bethesda :dodgy:

So which books/story is your favorite? Share your thoughts! :)

The Wraith's Wedding Dowry. It's from Morrowind they put it in Skyrim too. Skipped Oblivion for some reason.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wraith%27s_Wedding_Dowry

I usually play as a female Orc so... yeah. And the Fact that Wraith fights in a wedding dress, shuts down everyone that says fighting in anything other than armor isn't lore friendly. So fighting naked or in your underwear is lore friendly. You can fight in any thing just don't get hit. This book Ironically raises your unarmored skill in Morrowind :P.

For me ?

- The Real Barenziah (5 volumes, must read if not already done)

- The Wolf Queen (8 volumes)

- Mystery of Talara (5 volumes, good reading too)

- Racial Phylogeny (@Beagle2 > It's really in the base game and not added by plugin : http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Racial_Phylogeny )

- the one that pictures a crime investigation (don't remember the title sorry)

Edit > http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Books

The Wolf Queen Series, even though The Black Arrow Volumes One and Two would be My favorite ES Series Books because of Morrowind and the Master Markmanship Trainer.

The Five Songs of King Wulfharth is the Third, because it contains an account of Red Mountain by a non-Dunmer.

Archived