40 minutes ago, Phelan42 said:

Is there a relatively simple way to remove items from the lists (or however it's set up) so they won't get picked as cursed loot? I hate the balloon hood for example and pretty much always reload whenever I get one, but there's a few more items and I'd rather not 'cheat' that way, especially since the traps of course get rolled again after I reload, so they often don't trigger, which is even more cheaty...

No, there isn't. Given how many items there are in the library (several hundred), such a feature would be very hard to implement in a user-friendly way.

6 minutes ago, Kimy said:

No, there isn't. Given how many items there are in the library (several hundred), such a feature would be very hard to implement in a user-friendly way.

Hui, thanks for the fast reply :) I didn't really mean anything like an MCM menu or so, I'm perfectly fine using the Creation Kit or TESEdit or so, I'd just need to know what to look for (or, depending on the complexity, maybe a step-by-step guide ;) )

16 minutes ago, Phelan42 said:

Hui, thanks for the fast reply :) I didn't really mean anything like an MCM menu or so, I'm perfectly fine using the Creation Kit or TESEdit or so, I'd just need to know what to look for (or, depending on the complexity, maybe a step-by-step guide ;) )

You will need to change the script as the drop system is hard-coded. Look for dcur_equiprandomhood() in dcur_library.psc.

15 hours ago, Kimy said:

You will need to change the script as the drop system is hard-coded. Look for dcur_equiprandomhood() in dcur_library.psc.

What if there were formlists like Random_hoods, Random_armbinders, etc... ? Script could select random one from list?

(List namings were bad examples, maybe something like dcur_loot_hoods... in practise)

13 hours ago, Zaflis said:

What if there were formlists like Random_hoods, Random_armbinders, etc... ? Script could select random one from list?

(List namings were bad examples, maybe something like dcur_loot_hoods... in practise)

Yes, but this would mean losing DCL's theme support. I am doing just that for some items with similar features, e.g. the rope devices. But for other items, the drop chances aren't even, or the code wants to be able to pick items by features.

7 hours ago, Zaflis said:

14 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Yes, but this would mean losing DCL's theme support. I am doing just that for some items with similar features, e.g. the rope devices. But for other items, the drop chances aren't even, or the code wants to be able to pick items by features.

Or do it the other way around: Add an empty "forbidden devices" formlist, anybody who wants to disable some devices adds them to this formlist (e.g. by creating a small plugin in TES5Edit).

[Edit] In theory that would even allow somebody to create a MCM where they can be disabled (using papyrus to modify the formlist), though it might be a lot of work. Or is there some kind of "registry" that allows getting all devious devices that are currently installed?

7 hours ago, Kharos said:

Or do it the other way around: Add an empty "forbidden devices" formlist, anybody who wants to disable some devices adds them to this formlist (e.g. by creating a small plugin in TES5Edit).

[Edit] In theory that would even allow somebody to create a MCM where they can be disabled (using papyrus to modify the formlist), though it might be a lot of work. Or is there some kind of "registry" that allows getting all devious devices that are currently installed?

Even fitting this into DCL would result in significant work, if done properly (because I'd need to make sure the unwanted item is getting replaced with another for EVERY function picking devices, of which there are a LOT in DCL). And it would still require users to possess at least basic Skyrim development skills to create that plugin.

Honestly, I'd rather work on something exciting and add features that a large part of DCL's audience enjoys. I suppose I am somewhat a victim of making DCL one of the most customizable mods out there, so apparently people expect literally EVERYTHING to be customizable. That's understandable, but thing is that customization is work. So I try to weigh when it's really important for users to customize their experience and invest that work where I believe it matters most.

If somebody hates a specific item really that much that they don't want to ever wear it, I'd recommend just spawning a key in the console and get rid of it whenever it equips. There are so many items in DCL's drop list that any one specific item has a fairly low chance to get picked, so it doesn't even happen all that often.

32 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Even fitting this into DCL would result in significant work, if done properly (because I'd need to make sure the unwanted item is getting replaced with another for EVERY function picking devices, of which there are a LOT in DCL).

That's a very valid point.

32 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I suppose I am somewhat a victim of making DCL one of the most customizable mods out there, so apparently people expect literally EVERYTHING to be customizable.

Just to clarify, I am not expecting you to make everything customizable. I just was seeing the discussion between you and Zaflis and wanted to point out that if you are ever going to do something like that, a blacklist might be a better choice than a whitelist, for multiple reasons ?.

[Edit] Reading that again it still looks like I was telling you how to write your mod - which was not my intention - so I will remove the foot from my mouth and be quiet ?. Sorry!

Hi,
just joining the 'crowd' who do not like certain 'presents' given bij DCL.
I noticed a filter system in DCL (MCM devices), where you can block items, but it only seems applied on loot containers.
And although I have disabled the DCL prison, the guards still apply for me game killing stuff, which makes me immediately go to the MCM and hit the debug 'free me!!!' option.
Can this existing filter system be extended to be applied in all cases in DCL where random stuff is given (the new guard/prison part especially ) ?

13 minutes ago, gdfll said:

Hi,
just joining the 'crowd' who do not like certain 'presents' given bij DCL.
I noticed a filter system in DCL (MCM devices), where you can block items, but it only seems applied on loot containers.
And although I have disabled the DCL prison, the guards still apply for me game killing stuff, which makes me immediately go to the MCM and hit the debug 'free me!!!' option.
Can this existing filter system be extended to be applied in all cases in DCL where random stuff is given (the new guard/prison part especially ) ?

If you mean the MCM controls to disable certain device types (e.g. armbinders), that indeed applies to traps, not quest content. Most quest content (and the prison counts as such) will use devices and sets specifically designed for it. I have no plans to ever make quest devices customizable.

PS: Do you mean you got sent to DCL's prison despite checking the "Vanilla prisons only" toggle? That shouldn't happen. Have me a log of such an event?

16 minutes ago, Kimy said:

If you mean the MCM controls to disable certain device types (e.g. armbinders), that indeed applies to traps, not quest content. Most quest content (and the prison counts as such) will use devices and sets specifically designed for it. I have no plans to ever make quest devices customizable.

PS: Do you mean you got sent to DCL's prison despite checking the "Vanilla prisons only" toggle? That shouldn't happen. Have me a log of such an event?

No, I do not mean quests, just the places where devices are applied at what I think are not quests.

Bondage dialogue outcomes which can end up in 'presents', as well as some 'solictation' outcomes, and when having very minor crimes (picked a spoon by accident i.s.o. a book etc.) the guards still seem to apply a random item, although not sending to prison.

29 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I think they mean it's a possible outcome from combat surrender feature. Sometimes it could be city guard you surrender to as well.

It should be working as expected in MCM from regular arrest dialog.

(I used to get sent to prison from defeat by dwarven construct.)

On 6/10/2020 at 7:29 PM, Muriyari said:

Hello there... I've run in to a problem. I updated Cursed Loot today and now my body is not resizing with my character's arousal. Using Mod Organizer I first tried using the option to simply replace the mod and let it over write and update files, then I tried completely re-installing it since I thought the replace option might have caused a problem, but to no avail it's still not working. What should I do? 

Still need some help. this was my favorite part of the mod.

Yep, definitely best work on stuff you enjoy and that many others want rather than putting lots of effort into niche requests :) And really, thank you for doing what you're doing!

Oh, though yeah, while I kind of got used to it so I now tolerate it for the sake of the whole thing, the 'blocked items' only being blocked for traps is kind of annoying...

No, it's not just the relatively rare balloon hood, but I get those damn paw mittens locked on all the time (well, with some exceptions, but really overwhelmingly often compared to other gloves), and good luck getting rid of those even with a key without setting the difficulties to minimum. As much as I love bondage, the threat of these two (plus a few minor other ones, but these two really are my main issues) gets me to avoid a lot of the options (like the bondage option of solicitations, or the "gag-talk" communication option of DCL, ...) - pretty much everything except for the actual traps, which isn't just a huge waste of the mod's wonderful functionality, but makes it even harder to get back out since I of course avoid asking the NPCs for help as well ?

8 hours ago, Phelan42 said:

gets me to avoid a lot of the options (like the bondage option of solicitations, or the "gag-talk" communication option of DCL, ...) - pretty much everything except for the actual traps, which isn't just a huge waste of the mod's wonderful functionality, but makes it even harder to get back out since I of course avoid asking the NPCs for help as well ?

Exactly this 'forced' me to replace DCL with the 'devious cursed chests' mod in most of my new MO profiles, but I also regret that.

This is a known bug in Skyrim, but its gonna cause me trouble if I don't put him back.   During the Battle for Whiterun, random NPCs from anywhere always get pulled into the crossroads right in front of Warmaidens in Whiterun.  Previously I've had a prison guard from DCL show up, and even one of the prisoners.  But this time, its the Prison Supervisor.  Unfortunately he's aggro to everyone so I had to TAI him, but now I gotta get him back to the prison.  I'm trying to get myself thrown in jail but the guards aren't caring that I attack them.  I guess I'll steal something and see if that helps.  If anyone could give me the refID of the Prison Warden, or maybe the Foreman in front of your cell, that would let me move the Supervisor back to prison.

Edit:  Managed to get thrown in jail so I could get the refID and load a save and send him home.  For posterity, the Warden's refID is xx10366b.

Hi i just wanted to ask if anyone had a solution for DCL prison when i walk into the cell nothing happens no quest progression :(

I have restarted it multiple times with different settings in DCL crime and load order  

20200617165139_1.jpg

17 minutes ago, Keygain said:

the cell nothing happens

There nothing be to happen - just sleep 24 hours and guards woke you up at next morning to get to work. After that wait 3 - 4 hours and wait about minute without any do - then must start new day in prison - work or free duty.

Edited: Or their can woke you up in night - for reason what you need to figure out)

32 minutes ago, Keygain said:

i tryed sleeping n said to work

It must trigger - at next morning 9.00 - 10.00 AM

Then wait while script say what you need to do more. maybe wait to 11.00 AM If failed then sleep all next day to next morning. Somehow it must trigger at morning.