zenet_GagQuest - v1.1 (Devious Devices Gags Mod Overhaul)

View File

Devious Devices Gags Mod Overhaul

This mod is now obsolete, as it is already included in the new versions of Devious Devices Integration.

Thank you all for the suggestions and testing!

[ Description ]

Have you ever tried to talk to someone gagged? No? Well, now is your chance!

This mod modifies the blocking-all-dialogues behaviour from Devious Devices Integration to a gag-talk mini-game. Be smart, try to use all kind of gestures and body laguage, if you sucessed the original npc dialogue will be enabled!

My main intetion creating this mod was to make possible the Gag long term use and change the "game break" feeling, so now you should be able to quest and enjoy the role play gag experience.

[ Features ]

There are a few hidden ""skills"" in this mod. I won't spoil you, but let me give you a hint: Everything gets easier with practice!

Just one more thing: Armbinder + Gag custom dialogues!! Yay! Try to not enjoy it too much. =D

[ Compatibility ]

Everything that doesn't change the gagged dialogues, I think.

[ Future Updates ]

All the recent changes were suggestions of users.

[ Requirements ]

Devious Devices - Integration v2.8.0 and all his dependancies.

[ Credits ]

Oh boy! There are so many people. The DD family is bigger each day.

Thanks especially to those who kindly gave me permission to modify their mod, answered my questions, created dialogues and helped me to test it. You guys rock!

[ Changelog ]

1.0.0 - First release.

1.1.0 - Now the "enable normal npc dialogues" happens on the same dialogue window in a nice continuous way! (Thanks stobor)

- All the npc "hello"s, "goodbye"s and npc talking to each other is not blocked anymore, only the dialogues which the player starts!!

- Added new easy gag dialogue fell through branch to followers and children (guards are no longer easy)

- Gag expertise increase notification redone to be more self explanatory.

- Speech debuff now only applies to "not mastered" gag speakers.

- New "punitive" dialogue lines to those who mastered gag talk and wear armbinder.

-Now there really is an effect for bondage enthusiast players (sla exhibitionist set true) Did someone come this far before?

"Nod yes" 20 times.

"Aren't you a little slut?" doesn't increase the count.

- Added new panting sounds and arousal increase effect to "Nod yes" scenes.

- Code twice more simple and bug free.

- Probably something else I forgot.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/07/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Yes, what CGi said! I love the concept of having different ways to interact with NPCs while gagged, and irquih has been doing some pretty great things with a mod similar to this already. If somehow we could get these to integrate, I'm sure it would be wonderful!

definitely as i seem to end up spending a lot of time gagged and with paper being hard to find i added a recipe using the creation kit (recipe's add stat tweaking is as good as i can do) to make paper from leather and always keep some paper and chalcoal on me at all times so this would be a welcome addition for more variety.

p.s can anyone think of a better recipe using vanilla items for paper other than 1 leather for 5 paper. and one for ink as i cant think that isnt too easy or too hard to get.

Also can't wait till the mod merges with DD_Restrained. Your OP has already made me curious enough, if i hadn't already installed DD_Restrained i would have immediately tried.

Worst case i'll switch trying your and Irquih's mods each time i make a new char, which happens every few weeks :)

Oh, you published, awesome! Congratulations. :heart:

Re integration: zenetx and I have been discussing this with earlier builds. We both love to integrate (hmm, that sounds wrong, I should get my mind out of the gutter). Not sure how to do that nicely...

So, quick brainstorm from my side, to throw some options out there:

1. have the some of the branches of this mod follow into mine (that would probably give the most natural dialog flow)
  2. have my dialogs branch of into this mod (for instance, refusing help -> zenet-gagquest activates)
  3. combination of 1 and 2 (yay, infinite dialog loops)
  4. randomly pick one of the two dialog trees (optionally combined with 3)
  5. show both options at the opening of the dialogue (meh, don't like that, it seems rather lazy; but feel free to argue otherwise)
  6. ... <suggestions welcome>

I'm way too tired to focus on the technical part right now, but I think that would be guided by how the integration looks from a user perspective anyway. :)

Zenetx: I hope you don't mind me throwing that discussion out in the open? Also, if you want, we can start a separate thread on the issue.

Oh, you published, awesome! Congratulations. :heart:

Re integration: zenetx and I have been discussing this with earlier builds. We both love to integrate (hmm, that sounds wrong, I should get my mind out of the gutter). Not sure how to do that nicely...

I would suggest that zenet's mod be the root, and have your features accessed through trying to get your point across with zenet's mod. Being able to unlock your dialogue through this system should be set to easy, as "help me" is a fairly obvious message that a bound person could try to communicate. As a bonus, it better allows the NPC to "misinterpret" "help me" to mean "use me". ;)

I haven't had a chance to use your mod (beyond messing with the MCM menus), or even install zenet's mod, so I can't offer much detail on how this would actually work unfortunately.

Zenetx: I hope you don't mind me throwing that discussion out in the open? Also, if you want, we can start a separate thread on the issue.

No problem at all! In fact this was a reason to have it published; read people reviews/suggestions and discuss future integrations.

Some brainstorm from my side:

I thought something like your 4th suggestion, but the main point is how to alternate between the two mods dialog trees (random doesn't sound good). So I thought about some player submission rank (like the one in Captured Dream Shop mod); depending on the player actions/choices would trigger one or another mod dialogue tree. This way we could please the players who wants only one of them or alternate both, and (mainly) solve the basic concepts discrepancy problem. Would be great role play experience too.

as a side note:  should the armbinder make it harder to use gestures and stuff to be understood?

More or less, let me elaborate: change the delicate dialogue probability balance would be trick, cause it is already modified by the player gagged expertise, so I added another initial dialogue challenge. Now the player have two options while wearing the armbinder: submit to npc abuses (not rape, something more consensual/playfully) or trigger a chance to be complete ignored. The abuses are not often (time reset) so at first are not big deal, but after too many experiences, the player could get "addicted" to it... What do you think?

Will the addiction fade?

One thing about sex mod is that they tend to "escalate" too quickly, with a game like Skyrim where a standard playthrough can reach hundred plus of hours we have to assume player will eventually reach the "end" state of a progression mod. Occasionally it works in favor of the mod at hands, but sometimes it causes the last scenario to play over and over again.