zenet_GagQuest - v1.1 (Devious Devices Gags Mod Overhaul)

I have to mod but it's not doing anything. I can either not talk to npc's or I just get normal dialogue. 

I have all the requirements.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears I only have this problem with guards and the NPC's of the Captured Dreams shop. It works fine for other npc's :)

About the "not blocking guard dialogues" is intentional. I created the mod aiming for gag long term use, and after a long time of playing gagged the "what?" greetings becomes boring, so I excluded the guards dialogues for immersion, after all they are cosmetics and I think isn't skyrim without the "arrow in the knee" line :D

About the "ask a guard for armbinder help" it's a hard persuasion check, so I think it's fair. Please let me know what you all think.

Maybe I should stop being lazy and update the mod's description about this :P

About the "NPC's of the Captured Dreams shop" they have their own dialogue priority which is higher than my mod. I did like this for universal compatibility. Even Veladarius suggested for this.

So far no bugs, everything worked as expected :cool:

Please leave suggestions/ideas! Because my mod may become more "integrated" than you think, so feedback is appreciated!

I think it's great mod as is it. I used it last game but not had a gag this time around so far

One thing that is a problem is eating (for RND users), there is the workaround of using Shift on containers but that really more a Skyrim bug and not that well known. So maybe add some extra dialogue so that the pc could ask for someone to feed them from items in their inventory (this could also have some amusing side effects if the NPC misunderstands what's wanted)

Please leave suggestions/ideas! Because my mod may become more "integrated" than you think, so feedback is appreciated!

I'm very happy with the mod as it is.

Just one suggestion:

Add a spell or book or some other way to display your gag speech skill.

And one question:

If you would add a MCM toggle to enable/disable the mod could you then run it together with DD_restrained by activating/disactivating the mod you currently want to use? Your mod and DD_restrained are both great, and i always like to have more options :)

Very good as it is, but two small things that would be worth changing - if they are feasible.  They may not be.

First, as I've mentioned before, it would be nice if there were at least a token 'Mmph!' or grunt sound when dealing with guards and followers, before falling through to ordinary dialogue.  Slightly better for immersion, and might cut down on those questions about "Why doesn't this work on guards?".

Second, it would be nice if it simply fell through to ordinary speech (without exiting the conversation first) when successful at the gag speech minigame.  This would flow a bit more cleanly, and avoid having NPCs wander off (forcing you to chase them to continue the conversation).

I'm very happy with the mod as it is.

Just one suggestion:

Add a spell or book or some other way to display your gag speech skill.

And one question:

If you would add a MCM toggle to enable/disable the mod could you then run it together with DD_restrained by activating/disactivating the mod you currently want to use? Your mod and DD_restrained are both great, and i always like to have more options :)

There are not multiple proficiency levels of gag speech skill, thus a display would be kind boring: "Your gag expertise is 13, just more 7 to something happens!"   :s    I will try to think something cool.

About DD_restrained: If all goes well, everything will be compatible ;) wait and see.

Very good as it is, but two small things that would be worth changing - if they are feasible.  They may not be.

First, as I've mentioned before, it would be nice if there were at least a token 'Mmph!' or grunt sound when dealing with guards and followers, before falling through to ordinary dialogue.  Slightly better for immersion, and might cut down on those questions about "Why doesn't this work on guards?".

Second, it would be nice if it simply fell through to ordinary speech (without exiting the conversation first) when successful at the gag speech minigame.  This would flow a bit more cleanly, and avoid having NPCs wander off (forcing you to chase them to continue the conversation).

FIrst: provided that it is the player who starts the interaction, sounds fair enough. The main problem is:

Second: this "simply fell through to ordinary speech" is the Holy Grail code which I am looking for. Thanks to the clumsy creation kit blocking dialogue mechanics, as soon as I add/remove the blocking, the dialogue menu closes. Maybe someone can give me a technical suggestion? I'm still looking for it.

@zenetx: Hmm, it seems like removing the 'Goodbye' flags from the "Got it!" dialogue branches ought to do the trick.  At least, it seems to work for me, on brief testing.  The only minor oddity is that I can speak to the target a 2nd time (before speech becomes disabled again).  And I'm not sure that's even a bug - it might be considered a feature.

With this change, your blocking branch is (temporarily) disabled, because the controlling quest var is set, so other non-blocking dialogue is now visible.  No need to exit the conversation - unless I'm missing something.

There are not multiple proficiency levels of gag speech skill, thus a display would be kind boring: "Your gag expertise is 13, just more 7 to something happens!"   :s    I will try to think something cool.

Ah i thought there might be additonal levels, because if you don't use your master gag speech skill if you fail it still says you got gag speech experience.

About DD_restrained: If all goes well, everything will be compatible ;) wait and see.

Nice :). It's amazing how the DD family keeps growing. Your mod, DD restrained and DD cursed loot added lots of new fun for my Skyrim adventures.

@zenetx: Hmm, it seems like removing the 'Goodbye' flags from the "Got it!" dialogue branches ought to do the trick.  At least, it seems to work for me, on brief testing.  The only minor oddity is that I can speak to the target a 2nd time (before speech becomes disabled again).  And I'm not sure that's even a bug - it might be considered a feature.

With this change, your blocking branch is (temporarily) disabled, because the controlling quest var is set, so other non-blocking dialogue is now visible.  No need to exit the conversation - unless I'm missing something.

Omg can't believe it was so simple, I'm pretty sure I had tried this before without success.. damm... :s

Thanks for the tip!! I think I can easily fix the other scripts now. :P

I'd rather have your mod work first or both.

DD restrained is a really nice mod but many players (myself included) reported issues with %.

Even with 100%.

It seems that somehow it sometimes works and sometimes don't (rarely) with anything having % in mcm.

Would be awesome if your mod led to the 4 options of DD restrained depending on success.

Also you could add some stuff if you fail.

And would also be awesome if a failure led to enslavement via SD+ (you already can become a slave via dialogue if you have a collar).

Agree that a mcm options on gagged speech experience (disable) would be nice.

I love this mod. It makes playing with a gag long-term much more possible and fun. I have, occasionally though, had a problem where I win the mini game to allow speech with a character, and then as soon as I try speaking to them I get the gagged options again and have to do it all over. I did also get confused about the gaining expertise thing. It tells me that every time the NPC doesn't "get the last part" of what I said and the conversation ends, but the increased expertise doesn't seem to help win the game next time.

One thing I thought of, which is a silly thing, to be honest, but I thought it could be a lot of fun, is talking with a gagged NPC. By which I mean, both of you gagged. I use the hydra slavegirls mod, and one time when gagged and in an armbinder I went up to talk to one of the slavers to ask for help (probably not the smartest idea, but they're just for ambiance and wouldn't actually take advantage of a gagged girl to add them to their stock.) Anyway, one of his slaves walked in front of him so I accidentally clicked on her instead. Despite being gagged, she had all the usual dialogue while I was trying to make myself understood. Now, if there was a way for the mod to detect if the NPC is gagged too...

Two desperate, gagged girls grunting at each other, neither one having a clue what the other is saying, could be great fun. Maybe it could lead to horrible (or pleasant) misunderstandings - like turning the NPC hostile or triggering sex (either consensual or aggressive.)

Just a thought. The idea tickled me :lol:

One odd effect: if feeding on a body as a werewolf, you can get equipped with items.

Also, at some point an item was equipped by this mod, a gag I presume since I have an 80% speech debuff.  However, I cannot seem to remove it.  It is not visible. When I do an player.showinventory it shows up as 11040f0c (where 11 = Devious Devices Integration.esm).  Using player.removeitem or player.dropitem is ineffective.  I suspect it became attached when feeding in werewolf form.  Any ideas on how to remove it would be helpful.

That effect is not from this mod,is from Zenet gag quest,at least it was for me.In my case it was when I destroyed the gag with a destruction spell,the gag was removed from inventory but not the debuff effect.

To remove it just open console and check the active effects in player,you have to find a spell added by that mod and remove it with the player.removespell command.

I posted this in the Cursed Loot thread, but they are pointing back to here.  Could you point me to the spell ID that I would need to remove this effect?  Also you might want to mention this bug in your description of the mod if you don't have a solution for it.

One odd effect: if feeding on a body as a werewolf, you can get equipped with items.

Also, at some point an item was equipped by this mod, a gag I presume since I have an 80% speech debuff.  However, I cannot seem to remove it.  It is not visible. When I do an player.showinventory it shows up as 11040f0c (where 11 = Devious Devices Integration.esm).  Using player.removeitem or player.dropitem is ineffective.  I suspect it became attached when feeding in werewolf form.  Any ideas on how to remove it would be helpful.

That effect is not from this mod,is from Zenet gag quest,at least it was for me.In my case it was when I destroyed the gag with a destruction spell,the gag was removed from inventory but not the debuff effect.

To remove it just open console and check the active effects in player,you have to find a spell added by that mod and remove it with the player.removespell command.

I posted this in the Cursed Loot thread, but they are pointing back to here.  Could you point me to the spell ID that I would need to remove this effect?  Also you might want to mention this bug in your description of the mod if you don't have a solution for it.

@WaterRabbit, I am pretty sure that particular effect is the Device Hider/Underneath item from Integration, and will never be removed with a console command. I encountered that issue as well without being a werewolf. There were infact 4 items that were hidden, i don't remember what the Item ID's were. I solved it by placing all my items in a container so all that was left was those 4, and doing a player.removeallitems. Then reequipping another gag and unequipping it.

New update guys!

1.1.0 - Now the "enable normal npc dialogues" happens on the same dialogue window in a nice continuous way! (Thanks stobor)
- All the npc "hello"s, "goodbye"s and npc talking to each other is not blocked anymore, only the dialogues which the player starts!!
- Added new easy gag dialogue fell through branch to followers and children (guards are no longer easy)
- Gag expertise increase notification redone to be more self explanatory.
- Speech debuff now only applies to "not mastered" gag speakers.
- New "punitive" dialogue lines to those who mastered gag talk and wear armbinder.
-Now there really is an effect for bondage enthusiast players (sla exhibitionist set true) Did someone come this far before?

"Nod yes" 20 times.
"Aren't you a little slut?" doesn't increase the count.

- Added new panting sounds and arousal increase effect to "Nod yes" scenes.
- Code twice more simple and bug free.
- Probably something else I forgot.

To get the spell ID type in console: help "Speech Debuff"

player.removespell <ID>

This should not happen anymore in the new version.

To get the spell ID type in console: help "Speech Debuff"

player.removespell <ID>

This should not happen anymore in the new version.

Thanks for the response. I tried that but it did not work either. I reloaded from a previous save and removed the option from Cursed Loot to loot from bodies so I would not get equipped while feeding.  I will try the new mod tonight.

P.S. I was not trying to sound pissy as I appreciate your efforts.

@WaterRabbit, I am pretty sure that particular effect is the Device Hider/Underneath item from Integration, and will never be removed with a console command. I encountered that issue as well without being a werewolf. There were infact 4 items that were hidden, i don't remember what the Item ID's were. I solved it by placing all my items in a container so all that was left was those 4, and doing a player.removeallitems. Then reequipping another gag and unequipping it.

That is a good suggestion. I just have to play forward enough to get clear normal quest items that I am carrying around so I don't break those quests.

Thanks for the response. I tried that but it did not work either. I reloaded from a previous save and removed the option from Cursed Loot to loot from bodies so I would not get equipped while feeding.  I will try the new mod tonight.

P.S. I was not trying to sound pissy as I appreciate your efforts.

No problem man. Actually my mod is very simple, there is no debuff associated with items or complicated scripts. It is only a player.addspell command.

If you manually add the spell, you will see it in active effects in the magic menu. And if you player.removespell, it will vanish.