Children + Soul Gems (Hentrai Pregnancy Addon)

Mods working great but could we have a function were we can give our kids clothes (Like Hearthfire)? My Daughter is running around Riften naked. And I need her to stop doing that.

They should have clothes.  You can try going to the "Module Settings" menu and clicking "Reset Clothes".

Are you using one of the appearance mods (Xvision, RS Children, etc)?  Which race is your daughter?  I'll check and see if I missed something.

I will be getting to clothing management eventually but it's not high on my list nor is it simple to do.

Thank you so much for your efforts in this mod!

The constant updates are amazing.

I'm curious though, is it possible to add new hair for the non human kids? Like the RS children hair for the elf kids?

Thanks.  :)

Basically human, elf, orc, khajiit, and argonian all have differently shaped heads.  So you can't just turn on a hairstyle for a race unless you want horrible clipping, etc.

Like clothing this isn't a simple issue. I may eventually look at various addon sets of hair and clothing and work to enable them for the children but this is not high on my priority list.

Hello!

So, here's what I did: I deinstalled and reinstalled my mods. Even started a new game just to be sure, did all the settings in MCM with the highest accuracy and, you know what? it works!

Now, there are three possibilities:

1) There was something something wtong in my old saves

2) I missed to do some settings being sure I did, hence.........

3) I'm an idiot :D

Kid went out pretty normal, I mean he's not naked or with a messed up face. Thanks again and sorry for wasting your time :heart:

Hello!

So, here's what I did: I deinstalled and reinstalled my mods. Even started a new game just to be sure, did all the settings in MCM with the highest accuracy and, you know what? it works!

Now, there are three possibilities:

1) There was something something wtong in my old saves

2) I missed to do some settings being sure I did, hence.........

3) I'm an idiot :D

Kid went out pretty normal, I mean he's not naked or with a messed up face. Thanks again and sorry for wasting your time :heart:

I'm glad you got it working.  As far as wasting my time, don't worry about things like that.  I'm sure there are bugs in my mod so me testing things and looking at my code again never hurts.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as my char gives birth, her eyes become glitched after the next game reload. Any ideas?

Update:

It looks like, after giving birth, the mod changes (resets?) my eye type with the one in slot 0 (i.e. the first one, I use "Enhanced Character Edit - ECE" BTW) moves my eyeballs up a bit upon loading a save game. Giving birth alone doesn't change my eyes on its own, but saving and reloading the game after giving birth does. I'm aware that there are some stuff dealing with kids eyes in one of the script files (HPSoulGemBirthQuest2.pex) and I suspect that the culprit is in there somewhere. Disabling the mod fixes the issue, but I'd like to keep the mod installed.

Mods working great but could we have a function were we can give our kids clothes (Like Hearthfire)? My Daughter is running around Riften naked. And I need her to stop doing that.

They should have clothes.  You can try going to the "Module Settings" menu and clicking "Reset Clothes".

Are you using one of the appearance mods (Xvision, RS Children, etc)?  Which race is your daughter?  I'll check and see if I missed something.

I will be getting to clothing management eventually but it's not high on my list nor is it simple to do.

RS Children, Orc, Girl

As soon as my char gives birth, her eyes become glitched after the next game reload. Any ideas?

Update:

It looks like, after giving birth, the mod changes (resets?) my eye type with the one in slot 0 (i.e. the first one, I use "Enhanced Character Edit - ECE" BTW) moves my eyeballs up a bit upon loading a save game. Giving birth alone doesn't change my eyes on its own, but saving and reloading the game after giving birth does. I'm aware that there are some stuff dealing with kids eyes in one of the script files (HPSoulGemBirthQuest2.pex) and I suspect that the culprit is in there somewhere. Disabling the mod fixes the issue, but I'd like to keep the mod installed.

You are using Enhanced Character Edit?  My mod is not compatible with it (not yet anyway).

I really wish you would add more options for the gem birth. Like to choose how many you want and such.

Not: i don't want this to become like "soulgem oven" mod. I just want to see some more features for the gem feature. 

Adding a few features like that should be easy enough.  Aside from number of gems, what else would you like?

RS Children, Orc, Girl

Did you try the reset clothing option?

Update:

You are using Enhanced Character Edit?  My mod is not compatible with it (not yet anyway).

Yes, but are you sure the glitch occurs because of the incompatibility with ECE?

BTW, have you found any solution for the invulnerable children problem?

Update:

Yes, but are you sure the glitch occurs because of the incompatibility with ECE?

BTW, have you found any solution for the invulnerable children problem?

Not 100% certain, no, but it's very likely.  I'll try to find time to test it soon.  If I can confirm that it's the problem I'll look into what it takes to fix it.

No, I haven't found a solution to the invulnerability problem.  The methods that other mods use won't work for me, mostly due to the apprentice system using tools like forges, enchanting tables, etc.

I don't know if this would work but have you thought of removing the "Child" flag from their races and give them some custom AI packages (sandbox etc.) containing some scripts to keep their scaling in check? By scaling I mean their size. This could let them use all the furniture that adults can use, they won't be invulnerable and the scripts could prevent them from growing in size when they use furniture made for adults.

BTW, about the eye glitch, saving and loading the game while in the same cell with the kid seems cause it to happen. I don't get the glitch if I save and load the game in a cell where there are no kids from this mod. And it happens only with the kids from this mod, vanilla (with RS) kids don't cause it.

I don't know if this would work but have you thought of removing the "Child" flag from their races and give them some custom AI packages (sandbox etc.) containing some scripts to keep their scaling in check? By scaling I mean their size. This could let them use all the furniture that adults can use, they won't be invulnerable and the scripts could prevent them from growing in size when they use furniture made for adults.

BTW, about the eye glitch, saving and loading the game while in the same cell with the kid seems cause it to happen. I don't get the glitch if I save and load the game in a cell where there are no kids from this mod. And it happens only with the kids from this mod, vanilla (with RS) kids don't cause it.

Do you know details on how to make packages that prevent scaling?  Or a mod that uses packages like that?  The furniture scaling isn't the same as using the SetScale function, so I don't currently know of any way to control it.

Do you know details on how to make packages that prevent scaling?  Or a mod that uses packages like that?  The furniture scaling isn't the same as using the SetScale function, so I don't currently know of any way to control it.

You could change the scale of the target furniture in the package though, and make it smaller (to match the kid's size/scale) while in use, and then change it back to its original size when the package in use changes or ends, using setscale function. You could also set kid's size back to their original after furniture use. Not the most ideal solution obviously, but I'm just trying to think of some alternative ways.

Why do I get the birth certificate of somebody else's child? Wouldn't it be more meaningful if the actual mother received it?

Another weird problem is that, my kid who isn't fully grown yet, suddenly started following the other woman I mentioned above, instead of me! She already has her own kid following her, and now she has mine as well.

Why do I get the birth certificate of somebody else's child? Wouldn't it be more meaningful if the actual mother received it?

Another weird problem is that, my kid who isn't fully grown yet, suddenly started following the other woman I mentioned above, instead of me! She already has her own kid following her, and now she has mine as well.

I'll see about changing the birth certificates, yeah.

The child starting to follow another person is a documented issue.  Due to limitations of the creation kit there can only be one person per town that will be followed.  So when a new child is born, other children will start following the most recent mother.

Another issue that doesn't make sense (to me anyway) is that children of NPC couples don't seem to stay with their parents after they stopped following their mother (i.e. when they reach full size). Instead they stay at the local inn together with your own children. I'd rather make them sandbox around their parents or if that's not possible, send them all to the Riften orphanage. Also, not sure if it's necessary to run the apprenticeship feature for children of NPC couples.

The mod doesn't seem to care whose child it is at all, it treats all of them as if they are the children of the player character. Heh, I can even tell someone else's child to move to another city. 

There's also the issue of relationships. Children from the mod don't seem to have any kind of relationship with their parents. Neither as an association (i.e. parent/child) nor as rank (friend, confidant etc.). So, if you attack and kill either one of their parents or the child itself, nobody shows any reaction, which doesn't make sense. It would be a good idea to *at least* set the relationship rank between parents and children as soon as they are born. Rank 2 (confidant) is probably the most meaningful one in a parent/child relationship.

The mod also doesn't seem to acknowledge or handle deaths of children, is that because you assumed from the beginning that they would always stay invulnerable?

The child starting to follow another person is a documented issue.  Due to limitations of the creation kit there can only be one person per town that will be followed.  So when a new child is born, other children will start following the most recent mother.

Care to explain why you think that there is a limitation? Maybe we can think of a solution. I suppose you've already thought of doing it using association type and that didn't work out? Isn't it possible to make the kid follow the NPC who "owns" its birth certificate?

Another issue that doesn't make sense (to me anyway) is that children of NPC couples don't seem to stay with their parents after they stopped following their mother (i.e. when they reach full size). Instead they stay at the local inn together with your own children. I'd rather make them sandbox around their parents or if that's not possible, send them all to the Riften orphanage. Also, not sure if it's necessary to run the apprenticeship feature for children of NPC couples.

The mod doesn't seem to care whose child it is at all, it treats all of them as if they are the children of the player character. Heh, I can even tell someone else's child to move to another city. 

There's also the issue of relationships. Children from the mod don't seem to have any kind of relationship with their parents. Neither as an association (i.e. parent/child) nor as rank (friend, confidant etc.). So, if you attack and kill either one of their parents or the child itself, nobody shows any reaction, which doesn't make sense. It would be a good idea to *at least* set the relationship rank between parents and children as soon as they are born. Rank 2 (confidant) is probably the most meaningful one in a parent/child relationship.

The mod also doesn't seem to acknowledge or handle deaths of children, is that because you assumed from the beginning that they would always stay invulnerable?

I haven't worked with relationship stuff yet.  And handling deaths is also basically the same.  These are just things that are low on my priority list.

Where the children sleep and sandbox, etc is limited based on my knowledge of how packages work.  Without writing a ridiculous number I don't know how to make a package flexible enough that it would allow children to sleep in their parent's house.

As for inn vs orphanage, I'm afraid that's just a matter of personal taste and I'm sticking with the inn.  And yeah, I think it's fine for the player to control all the children.

Care to explain why you think that there is a limitation? Maybe we can think of a solution. I suppose you've already thought of doing it using association type and that didn't work out? Isn't it possible to make the kid follow the NPC who "owns" its birth certificate?

This could just be my limited knowledge.  Is there a way to choose an actor to follow dynamically without using an actor alias?  Because that's the real issue in that you cannot create aliases dynamically.  For now, I created one per town as that was by far the easiest way to manage them due to how my system keeps track of things.

I haven't worked with relationship stuff yet.  And handling deaths is also basically the same.  These are just things that are low on my priority list.

Adding relationships may be of a low priority, but not handling deaths is a bit troublesome if you ask me, since you track and list every kid from the mod in the mod's MCM.

Where the children sleep and sandbox, etc is limited based on my knowledge of how packages work.  Without writing a ridiculous number I don't know how to make a package flexible enough that it would allow children to sleep in their parent's house.

They can have a package stack that would run when certain conditions are met. You don't have to write lots of different packages for each kid, just a few packages for eating, working, sleeping etc. should suffice for one kid. You can then use those for other kids as well.

As for inn vs orphanage, I'm afraid that's just a matter of personal taste and I'm sticking with the inn.

If it is a matter of taste, then I prefer the realistic/immersive option. Unless there's a special reason (like the inn at Old Hroldan), innkeepers wouldn't want having kids around their inn, which would normally be full of drunks and hookers. Having kids sleep in an inn is also unrealistic, especially if they have a family, with at least one parent. And if a kid doesn't have any parents then there are two options, either the player (perhaps even an NPC) adopts them, or they get send to the orphanage, just like the Aretino kid in Windhelm.

And yeah, I think it's fine for the player to control all the children.

I don't want to see someone else's kid listed on the mods menu as I don't want to be able to change their appearance, especially since they inherit their appearance from their parents, and I don't want to able to send them away from their family just because I wish it. These are all unrealistic and immersion breaking features/options, but yes, this is my personal taste.

This could just be my limited knowledge.  Is there a way to choose an actor to follow dynamically without using an actor alias?  Because that's the real issue in that you cannot create aliases dynamically.  For now, I created one per town as that was by far the easiest way to manage them due to how my system keeps track of things.

As my knowledge of the CK is also limited, I can't think of a way to dynamically assign packages to NPCs without using aliases, however, you can dynamically assign aliases (which may or may not have package stacks) to NPCs using the Story Manager. Let me give you an example, let's assume we have a quest called FamilyLife, which has a number of optional aliases for parents and their children to be filled with matching NPCs in the current cell. You can add this quest to SM and run it on cell change for instance. This quest fills its aliases dynamically with the parents and their children that exist in the current cell, and all those aliases can have a package stack that will cover all daily activities for children. As a most basic package stack, children can simply eat, sandbox and sleep around their parents. You can also do some other nifty things using some additional conditions.