SexoutRocket!

Jexam' date=' you should add rex to the SexoutFacDog faction (via script) when your mod starts. Just having him in the dog faction isn't enough now. SexoutNG no longer checks vanilla factions for creatures.

[/quote']

This advice should be followed by everyone for compatability reasons. What I mean is, if you have an npc/creature, leveled or otherwise, it is FAR better to add them to needed factions by using the following rather than hard entering them into the faction with the editor:

[ActorRefID].AddToFaction FactionID:ref FactionRank:int

Using the editor to add them to a faction requires everyone to bash a merged faction plugin to combine all the faction entries. Using a script is "fire and forget" and no patching is required.

First off i'm glad someone made a dog companion...i hate Rex (robo dog)... so thx^^. The commands work' date=' yes he is a bit agressive but thats ok (just be careful).

The only thing that doesn't work for me is the animation. If i tell him to do me nothing happens. The animations are there and any other random "monster" can do me.

If you need i will post my load order.

[/quote']

Still trying to figure out the aggression thing. As for the animation, I really don't know where to start. The only issue I've had with it was because I had Groovatron installed. Nobody else has reported problems. Are you absolutely sure you don't have any of the mods listed as conflicting with Sexout?

Anyway, thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it.

Jexam' date=' you should add rex to the SexoutFacDog faction (via script) when your mod starts. Just having him in the dog faction isn't enough now. SexoutNG no longer checks vanilla factions for creatures.

[/quote']

[/quote']

This advice should be followed by everyone for compatability reasons. What I mean is, if you have an npc/creature, leveled or otherwise, it is FAR better to add them to needed factions by using the following rather than hard entering them into the faction with the editor:

Using the editor to add them to a faction requires everyone to bash a merged faction plugin to combine all the faction entries. Using a script is "fire and forget" and no patching is required.

So basically all I need to do is remove the flag from Rocket manually, then write that very simple script and plug it into an automatically starting quest to get it to trigger, correct?

If so, then all I should need to do is have the script tied with the Ian quest, which starts automatically. Does it matter if the quest completes, though? Will Rocket remain in the faction if the quest that flags him as such is completed?

Agression i pretty simple found, open up Geck. When you open a creature on the left of your screen you see ID, name, script etc.. in the middle of the screen there are several tabs like traits, stats, factions etc..

Click on AI Data you will be able to change agrression settings for your creature within this tab. If it says very aggressive change it to either Aggressive or Unaggressive. Normally when you create a new creature it will always be set to very aggrresive, this means it will attack anything even neutrals execpt the faction it belongs too, if it has no faction everything will be attacked including you. Aggressive means it will only attack enemies but leave neutrals alone.

Is there a way to set Rocket so he does not attack enemies during sex? It gets annoying when I have a sex scene and they die and spin out.

yes but that is for prideslayer to fix. When he created the SexoutNG.esm he should have checked the animation not to use attack. that way when sex animation happens no attack is possible.

This advice should be followed by everyone for compatability reasons. What I mean is' date=' if you have an npc/creature, leveled or otherwise, it is FAR better to add them to needed factions by using the following rather than hard entering them into the faction with the editor:

Using the editor to add them to a faction requires everyone to bash a merged faction plugin to combine all the faction entries. Using a script is "fire and forget" and no patching is required.[/quote']

Ahh didn't realise PrideSlayer was using special factions, I will put this script to work adding the SCR adult offspring to the appropriate lists to enable them for sex. I will try reading them for Pregnancy too to determine creature types. I tried using formlists for creatures but it seemed to fail.

So basically all I need to do is remove the flag from Rocket manually' date=' then write that very simple script and plug it into an automatically starting quest to get it to trigger, correct?

[/quote']

Yep. Put it in a block checking for restarted or loaded. It doesn't hurt anything to add to the list repeatedly -- lists can only hold one of any given item.

If so, then all I should need to do is have the script tied with the Ian quest, which starts automatically. Does it matter if the quest completes, though? Will Rocket remain in the faction if the quest that flags him as such is completed?

That will work fine. I would however just add a default quest that is always running, no stages, no completion criteria. That's the 'standard' place to put mod vars and init blocks.

Is there a way to set Rocket so he does not attack enemies during sex? It gets annoying when I have a sex scene and they die and spin out.

yes but that is for prideslayer to fix. When he created the SexoutNG.esm he should have checked the animation not to use attack. that way when sex animation happens no attack is possible.

First I heard of this, I'll check it out.

I have a slight problem when whenever I approach Sloan' date=' Ian starts running, usually into the cliff to my left, where he stops, but eventually he goes down in the direction of the road and then never comes back unless I stop him and talk to him directly.[/quote']

That's odd, not happening here. Could be be running to/from a hostile maybe?

I don't think so.

Related to this may be when I approach the powder gangers near the sacked caravan' date=' sometimes the one near the actual trailer starts running down the road (south) and the same thing happens with the two others further ahead by the derailed train.

These could be related maybe?

[/quote']

It could be. Something odd with the AIs from the sound of it.

First off i'm glad someone made a dog companion...i hate Rex (robo dog)... so thx^^. The commands work' date=' yes he is a bit agressive but thats ok (just be careful).

The only thing that doesn't work for me is the animation. If i tell him to do me nothing happens. The animations are there and any other random "monster" can do me.

[/quote']

Still trying to figure out the aggression thing. As for the animation, I really don't know where to start. The only issue I've had with it was because I had Groovatron installed. Nobody else has reported problems. Are you absolutely sure you don't have any of the mods listed as conflicting with Sexout?

Basically it starts the animation but then i read this. "Aborting due to 9.2" -> no idea what it means?^^ Well i'm not mad that it doesn't work i like it how it is^^ Just giving some feedback so maybe some mistakes can be avoided.

So basically all I need to do is remove the flag from Rocket manually' date=' then write that very simple script and plug it into an automatically starting quest to get it to trigger, correct?

[/quote']

Yep. Put it in a block checking for restarted or loaded. It doesn't hurt anything to add to the list repeatedly -- lists can only hold one of any given item.

That will work fine. I would however just add a default quest that is always running, no stages, no completion criteria. That's the 'standard' place to put mod vars and init blocks.

Yup, the only thing that happens when you add someone to a faction/formid list repeatedly is it moves the entry to the 0th index. If it doesn't exist it puts it at the 0th index, moving everything already in the list up 1 index. So... no harm, no foul :) er... which is a heckuva lot better than blacktop rules.. no autopsy, no foul hehe ;)

[/quote']

Basically it starts the animation but then i read this. "Aborting due to 9.2" -> no idea what it means?^^ Well i'm not mad that it doesn't work i like it how it is^^ Just giving some feedback so maybe some mistakes can be avoided.

In the SexoutNGdocs subfolder in the Sexout NG plugins install is a document named "NGSAN abort codes.txt". Inside it you'll see what each error code means... 9.2, for example, means "You asked for sex with a creature type for which there is no animation.". In the case of a dog, it means you asked the dog to do you and chose an incompatible sex type or you chose to do the dog in which case there may not be ANY available animations for that (but they are planned as far as I know). Best to have the dog do you and let sex type be random so the animation picker picks a valid animation.

First I heard of this' date=' I'll check it out.

[/quote']

I haven't tested anything yet, but that flag in the idle animations is not enabled on any of the sexout animations, including classic ones, and never has been. It's completely undocumented, so I'm not sure what it actually does or is supposed to do.

I'll try to find time later to actually test it, but it won't be in the next release.

So I finally assed myself into updating Rocket based on feedback here.

Rocket was set to Aggressive, so I turned him down to Unaggressive. That should fix the waiting murders problem, I think. Won't know until I put it out there and get feedback.

Also, I am attempting to write the faction add script, but for some reason it won't let me save. Is it perhaps that the script is written wrong? It looks like as follows:

scn SexoutRocketAddFaction

short OnLoad

000SexoutRocketCompanionRef.AddToFaction FactionID:SexoutFacDog FactionRank:int

I'm probably missing something painfully basic here.

Once that is dealt with, I'll put out an update. The only thing undealt with is the error message Cellas reported. Since it's worked flawlessly for me the few times I've tested firsthand, and no one else has reported the error, I'm not sure what to do about it. It sounds to me like Cellas is trying to have Rocket do him/her through an avenue other than Rocket's dialog, which is the only way I can think of that a script specifically built to randomize positions could fail to properly randomize positions. Other than that, Cellas may not have dog anims installed.

Weird... It's still not letting me save it. I changed Rocket's RefID to remove the 0's in case those were throwing it off, but it still refuses to save the script.

Is there any other information I should provide that could be helpful in tracking this down?

Weird... It's still not letting me save it. I changed Rocket's RefID to remove the 0's in case those were throwing it off' date=' but it still refuses to save the script.

Is there any other information I should provide that could be helpful in tracking this down?

[/quote']

Try 1 instead of 0, 0 might not be allowed. Is GeckPU giving you an error?

Y'know I never did get GeckPU to work despite following the installation instructions to the letter...

I did try 1 as well. And 10. And 2. And 1000. All after changing Rocket's Ref for good measure, all just to be sure. I also, instead of copy/pasting, retyped the whole thing several times to see if maybe it just didn't like copypasta.

The irony of all this learning is Skyrim uses a new scripting language, which means my side goal of learning something useful for Skyrim modding is shot. XD