The Witcher 3 pre-order 100% DRM FREE.

Guest corespore

They are dropping a third installment already?

I would have assumed that after how many times number 2 got ripped they would have smothered the game in DRM measures. Good to see they are still willing to give consumers a second chance, lets hope they don't F it up this time.  

I am also agains pre - order but there always exception and this is one of them.

Ive already bought it 49 euros as pre - order only because i support the 100%DRM FREE which these days is rare and CD Project is still a huge PC supported also rare these days.

Good Old Games earns my respect i have alot games that are DRM free and i can play it always anywhere no matter what without internet.

Steam is ok but its still DRM nomatter what you make of it.

CD Project is still not invected by the EA'S-UBISOFT'S-Activision's-Sony-Microsoft and Zenimax greedy $$$ grabbing bastards no brainer to me buying TW3 at GOG.COM

I would have assumed that after how many times number 2 got ripped they would have smothered the game in DRM measures. Good to see they are still willing to give consumers a second chance, lets hope they don't F it up this time.  

Witcher 2 is 100% DRM what you mean ripped drm measures?

No 15-feb-2015 it will be released.

Guest corespore

What i meant was that it was pirated, if i'm not mistaken for every legit copy there was three pirated ones. 

If you make games to make money, you're not a game maker, you're a money maker.

Some companies make games, because they love games and they love making them. I respect these companies. Even if their games aren't in the goty list, their games worth their prices.

Others make money, because they love money and they love making it. I don't like them. Their games are in the goty list but most of them don't worth their prices. Fuck DRM. And fuck the guys thinking it won't be pirated because of DRM... or because of internet login (Diablo 3). It is a liberalist ideology. Everything a man does, another man can undo.

Guest carywinton

This production will be one which will go down in the history books as one of the best games ever made. I have worked closely with CDProjekt and REDEngine on this and I can honestly say, it will definitely "WOW" you. I also agree with purchasing it through GOG and no one else. Why? Because anyone else will screw up it's install with their junk. Making a stand against purely digital distribution for PC games needs to happen folks, it's making them a bundle, but costing the consumer in return. How is it costing the consumer? We have to keep buying bigger hard drives to store what used to come on a nice CD/DVD, or buy a huge brick of media and burn it ourselves.

I remember when I bought the Collector's Edition of TW2, for a respectable £40 or so quid. It came with an ingame manual, lore manual, a map, the soundtrack, a sealed letter and a bunch of other stuff. It took me back to the days before digital content, when companies cared and actually printed manuals and superfluous material. It was magical. 

I have no doubt TW3 will not disappoint. It only saddens me it will be the end of the franchise. And knowing Sapkowski, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he decided to not renew the license to CDProejctRed for any further titles. 

Once again Steam rather surprises me in a bad way. So you can pre-purchse Witcher 3 now there ... and you even get an awesome discount of 17% ... which brings the game down to 49,99 € ^^ Really? I mean, really?

That feels a bit like the old trickat the malls to raise the prizes just to make some special sale shortly after ...I'll eventually buy it of course, but I don't see much reaons to do this right now...never saw much reason for pre-purchases anyway. Well, I got the greek-factions pack for Rome 2 of course...and never played a single minute with any of them. And I doubt CD-Red will add some Pre-purchase only content?

Anyway, February is still a mile away, and I'll probably buy a boxed version for about 50,00 € when its finished (or maybe a month later, to let the first bugfixes be out as well^^)

What i meant was that it was pirated, if i'm not mistaken for every legit copy there was three pirated ones. 

Yeh they knew about piracy and still game was sold 4million+ times and they said back then they still want The Witcher 2 DRM FREE and now TW3 also DRM FREE because the people will eventually support them for that and i believe most will, always some douchebags pirate games there losers.

Im just glad they still make this game DRM free for PC gamers.

For me it's not about the price or some extra goodies it's about how CD Project are one of few left that love PC gamers.

Thats why i bought the game to support this policy and approach they have i admire them for that.

Guest corespore

Yeh they knew about piracy and still game was sold 4million+ times and they said back then they still want The Witcher 2 DRM FREE and now TW3 also DRM FREE because the people will eventually support them for that and i believe most will, always some douchebags pirate games there losers.

Im just glad they still make this game DRM free for PC gamers.

For me it's not about the price or some extra goodies it's about how CD Project are one of few left that love PC gamers.

Thats why i bought the game to support this policy and approach they have i admire them for that.

I'm going to buy the game when i can afford it, but for now I'm more broke then a nexus download server.  :lol:

Just a heads up, These pre-orders are going out now. But the game is not set to be released until February 2015. I would seriously suggest you wait until at least next year to pre-order  if you have to.

And yes. Get anything of GoG if you can, Its just better from a consumer perspective.

CD Project is one of the few gaming publisher and developer I somewhat still have respect for. But Pre-Order is bullshit. Doesn't matter if the company seems "nice" and "honest".

It's still a signal to other companies, and a bad one as well. We need to stop this nonsense with Pre-Ordering and DLC-Bullshit. Or we should had done it a long time ago.

As long as we do this, the gaming industry will just become worse and worse.

Please don't tell me that if I wanted to get this game I need to preorder it to get it without DRM?!? Say it ain't so!

Anyways, I jest. I don't really think that is the case. At least I hope not. It's just a crying shame that this is now an advertising tactic. Still, I probably will check it out down the road as I was never really big on the Witcher 2. I can't lie though, the game looks simply fantastic. It makes me think I am going to have to build a new PC soonish.

Please don't tell me that if I wanted to get this game I need to preorder it to get it without DRM?!? Say it ain't so!

Anyways, I jest. I don't really think that is the case. At least I hope not. It's just a crying shame that this is now an advertising tactic. Still, I probably will check it out down the road as I was never really big on the Witcher 2. I can't lie though, the game looks simply fantastic. It makes me think I am going to have to build a new PC soonish.

No it will always be DRM FREE if you pre order or buy it at launch don't matter.

Games can't be compared with The Witcher 2, TW3 is totally different game only lore story are the same and prolly some combat.

• 2 weeks later...

You can pre-order it on Steam and be patient until CDProjekt allows you to get your backup copy on gog.com.  Or pre-order it on gog.com and pick up Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition as their sales gimmick.  If you own the Witcher and Witcher 2 on PC you can get your backup copies for the 20% discount.

Archived