90s memories

IowaHawks12

Speaking of grunge, Alice in Chains.

AIC, best MTV-Unplugged performance ever. If any of you have not seen/heard it, go look it up on Youtube right this instance.

Is that sarcasm? Layne was totally out of it.... hard to watch.

AIC, best MTV-Unplugged performance ever. If any of you have not seen/heard it, go look it up on Youtube right this instance.

Ive seen most back then Unplugged for me was one best MTV ever offered.

But it's always matter of tasted for some best or others worst hehe.

Other one for me was great grunge group " STONE TEMPLE PILOTS " and Soundgarden also.

Also joined performance on TEMPLE OF THE DOG Album 1991 with Chris Cornell(Soundgarden) and Eddie Vedder(Pearl Jam)awesome album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps

Screaming Trees anyone? They never seem to get the same recognition as AiC, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden. But they made some great albums. Supposedly they didn't like being identified as a grunge band though.

And as long as we're naming grunge bands let's not forget Mad Season, with none other than Layne Staley on lead vocals.

Grunge in general, but also electro beat folks like Jack Dangers of Meat Beat Manifesto.

Trent Reznor aka Nine Inch Nails.

Beavis and Butthead.

Ren & Stimpy.

CALVIN & HOBBES.

Diablo.

The Elder Scrolls.

DOOM and Quake.

System Shock.

Thief.

And a crapton of legendary FF games.

Guest corespore

Ive seen most back then Unplugged for me was one best MTV ever offered.

But it's always matter of tasted for some best or others worst hehe.

Other one for me was great grunge group " STONE TEMPLE PILOTS " and Soundgarden also.

Also joined performance on TEMPLE OF THE DOG Album 1991 with Chris Cornell(Soundgarden) and Eddie Vedder(Pearl Jam)awesome album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps

I still listen to STP's purple album all the time. 

they just evolve but it means the same

can u imagine in the future playing skyrim in virtual reality ?

and the sex android robot more precious than real pretty woman or handsome man  with multiple choice like buy cake in the store

and become 1st income for big sex industry to save woman from rapist  as happened in some countries

so that women arent afraid again to walk in the darkness

No that's not sarcasm.

Most of AIC's songs were about pain, regret and uglyness (and indeed, Layne's own substance abuse), because that is what Layne felt deep inside, and you could not ask for a more honest and raw expression of those feelings than what he delivered at Unplugged in 1996. The experiance may not be easy to watch, no, but it sure as hell is both sobering and powerful.

Guest corespore

Most of the grunge movement was about the disenfranchisement and disappointment felt by many of that generation. There was nothing nice or pleasant about it but it was something that i think needed to be said at the time. The fact so many of those artists were willing to share their bad doings and suffering through song is why so much of their work still lives on while fake bastards like Beiber will be forgotten in a few months.

Speaking of good 90's music...Silver Chair.

The 90's was a great decade for me as a sports fan.  The New York Yankees won four championships, and the Chicago Bulls won five.  Also as a gamer the 90's were awesome it introduced me to games like Fallout 1, Planescape: Torment and Baldur's Gate 2.  The 90's also introduced me to metal music, which to this day I still love in all it's forms.  Oh yeah, I also was a huge wrestling fan during that decade, the Monday Night Wars brought the best out of both competing companies.  

No that's not sarcasm.

Most of AIC's songs were about pain, regret and uglyness (and indeed, Layne's own substance abuse), because that is what Layne felt deep inside, and you could not ask for a more honest and raw expression of those feelings than what he delivered at Unplugged in 1996. The experiance may not be easy to watch, no, but it sure as hell is both sobering and powerful.

I suppose you have a point, but I just don't want to call that a good "performance". But then I've only seen what's on the Music Bank dvd and some clips here and there.

Guest corespore

I saw a live concert of Nine Inch Nails once that was as good as it was disturbing. It might have even been better than Pink Floyd and that's no small feat. 

• 2 weeks later...

3 Ninjas

Addams Family

"Mortal Monday"

Final Fantasy 2/IV

Street Fighter II

stonewashed jeans

Sonic the Hedgehog

Huffy and Murray bicycles

Battletoads

Maximum Carnage story arc

Everyone fucking loved Gambit from X-Men

Sega(Genesis) vs. Super Nintendo at school

Kid 'n' Play - House Party

The Great Cornholio

Pete & Pete

Rollerblades at skating rinks... and actually going to skating rinks

Ninja Turtles 1 > 2(ooze) >>>>3

Early 90s as one of the cool kids on the block 

but didn't listen to New Kids on the Block

Silly catch phrases like "sucker", and "mollywhop"

Stop

Hammer Time cause our Home needs Improvement

It's Full...

Whoa! let me stop before this Blossoms

Kids back then, we were Wild & Crazy, mad Guts, and Nickelodeon could do no wrong.

Lights out for me now though, but quick question -> Are You Afraid of the Dark?

FUCKING RESCUE RANGERS

LOL, everyone is in agreement about MTV? Hell now I rarely see that channel like I was at that time. Right now it's sucks. Maybe I only watch it for MTV chart attack, and that's it.

I'm born in 1990, what I remember when I go to gaming arcade is this:
pinball1.jpg

Although at that time I didn't played any of it, because of my height (I was a kid that time), and I didn't how to played it  :lol: 

Now, it's hard to even find one in the arcade, at least in my current town...

Now, it's hard to even find one in the arcade, at least in my current town...

I just wish I could find an arcade.

Seriously dude?? It is gone extinct??

Well.. I think it's true that lately, people choose to play "inside the house" rather than in the arcade, but in my country it still quite crowded in the arcade, especially for shooting and racing arcade with the online play. (and card arcade for children)

Archived