90s memories

IowaHawks12

Power Rangers.  VR Troopers.  Big Bad Beetle Borgs.

Quality rap as depicted below.

Ninja Turtles.  Batman the animated series.  X-Men.

The Square One block on PBS.  Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego.

Pre-Family Guy Simpsons.  Pogs and slammers.

The rewind button.  "Don't touch that dial" actually meaning something.

The channel "U" on said dial. (not sure how old the TV really was.)

Tiny Toons.  Tale Spin.  Duck Tales.  Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers.

Sneaking a peek at my brother's playboy when he didn't know.

Playboy being a prime source of mature entertainment before internet.

Walking in on my parents. (No wait.  That's one of the bad memories. ><)

Tazmania.  Captain N.  The Super Mario Bros Super Show.

Fear of riding a bike because of falling the first time.

Gargoyles.  Space Jam.  Climbing that tree at church after the service.

Finally getting my own NES with SMB3 included.  Star Trek TNG and DS9.

Playing as the blue ranger at the bus stop and playground. (At least they let me play a ranger and not a putty.)

That's all I can really think of.

Guest corespore

I feel like a fraud listening to this because I was only 3 months old on the 1st January 2000. I so wish I was born earlier...

That would make you 14.  What are you doing on this site?

Burn them!!!! burn them with FIRE. 

Well, first thing that comes to mind is the pokemons. Every kid in the neighbourhood was obsessed with the stuff, we had VCR tapes, playing cards, figurines, sticky album cards...all of which we vigorously traded for, and even invented a couple games to win over eachother's stuff.

Now we're all grown men, many of which are married with kids of their own...bah, reminiscing does nobody any good.

Arcades crowded with ppl ready to challenge you at some random game.

The lack of smartphones, so you could speak to someone that wasnt staring at a tiny screen...

Rocco's Modern Life

Ren & Stimpy

Smashing Pumpkins

Early Albums of Bjork

Ye good ol' Korn

80's Metallica

The first Metal Slug on arcades

The King of Fighters old arcades

Duke Nukem 3D

Quake 2

Unreal

And I could keep naming things, but to resume, I miss almost everything...

The music was generally better in the 80s-90s than it is now, but I think pretty much every generation would say that for the music they grew up with. It just saddens me that nowadays kids like Bieber get all the attention when we should be looking for people who can actually sing and write their own music like the good old days. And I cannot stand "music" like Dub step unless it actually tries to have a melody to it. And I envy people who grew up in the 60s when you could tell when someone knew how to sing and play... nowadays we've got the dreaded auto-tune.

Please marry me? Or at least I wanna have your babies!

I were born in 1980 and I barely remember what I did yesterday, much less in the 90's. A few things I do remember thou. The TMNT, and Darkwing Duck!

Not to mention LEGO, and the NES. I discovered Metal music, but most of it came from the 80's, so not sure it counts. I'm really having trouble remember anything else right now. The 90's in general, were not so great for me, in terms of living a happy life. So I have mostly suppressed that time period.

The music was generally better in the 80s-90s than it is now, but I think pretty much every generation would say that for the music they grew up with. It just saddens me that nowadays kids like Bieber get all the attention when we should be looking for people who can actually sing and write their own music like the good old days. And I cannot stand "music" like Dub step unless it actually tries to have a melody to it. And I envy people who grew up in the 60s when you could tell when someone knew how to sing and play... nowadays we've got the dreaded auto-tune.

Please marry me? Or at least I wanna have your babies!

I were born in 1980 and I barely remember what I did yesterday, much less in the 90's. A few things I do remember thou. The TMNT, and Darkwing Duck!

Not to mention LEGO, and the NES. I discovered Metal music, but most of it came from the 80's, so not sure it counts. I'm really having trouble remember anything else right now. The 90's in general, were not so great for me, in terms of living a happy life. So I have mostly suppressed that time period.

That's a time period that I have mostly (if not entirely) suppressed and forgotten about.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest endgameaddiction

The Crow came out in 1994 and I fell in love with that movie since a kid.

Edit: And I saw my first Nascar race live at Las Vegas Speedway back then. Was awesome.

Archived