Realistic looking male character

Kinky

Hello everyone!

After long time playing Skyrim as female character i decided to try to play male character so after starting new game i realized that i dont have mods that make male character as realistic looking as female characters.

Since SoS is pretty much standard for male body i decided to use SoS lite (i might change this if there is something better). Now im wondering what other mods is everyone using to make your male character most realistic looking?

Hi there,

another well made option is 4uDIKs Real body (look on the Nexus for that title) - works with "fine faces", but may cause a different coloration between head and body, but still looks very good. The mod itself has a male and a female body replacer, plus some tweaks (hairy / less hairy e.g.) to choose from.

Cheerio & good luck on your quest for the right look

Logical choice would be the "Superior Lore-Friendly Hair" on the Nexus - comes in 1 and 2k, with an installer and some options for the look. Or you take Geralts hair (XP32's mod)... or you just hit "hair" in the Nexus search function. Can't really guesss your choice on style issues.

Logical choice would be the "Superior Lore-Friendly Hair" on the Nexus - comes in 1 and 2k, with an installer and some options for the look. Or you take Geralts hair (XP32's mod)... or you just hit "hair" in the Nexus search function. Can't really guesss your choice on style issues.

They look bit better but i was hoping for a mod that adds something similar to SG hairs but for men. Problem with nexus is every time i type men in search i get results for woman and if i type male i get results for female coz there are more female mods.

You could try my character presets! ^_^

3538713-1370085102.jpg

That looks really good and pretty realistic. Im trying to make my own preset though so im more interested in mods that add textures hairs, beards maybe? or anything else male related to make it happen.

Anyway for now i think i have enough for start, but everyone is free to post more suggestions or post a link for their own mod that makes male characters better looking. Please keep focus on face hair and body - no skimpy armors.

you can look at this file for body hair modding. The reason I'm suggesting it is because at the bottom of the file list is a set of source files that let you "cook" your own body hair texture to your liking. It's a photoshop file but open in GIMP if you don't have that. Look at some of the screens users posted for some of the variety. You can go from very lightly hairy to full blown chest and back hair. Worth a look if you like to do a little work on your own. 

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/39609

I'll add the Complete Male Overhaul for the less muscular male body option to the list and,if you really want to get carried away with your 'realism',there is also the Fat Bastard body to fall back on (then lose yourself in its pillowy mounds of flesh).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54568/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51308/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52372/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52215/?

• 6 months later...

CMO looks really good! I have installed MO and trying to get a decent male PC again as I installed all my previous ones on NMM and now I have no clue what uses what to make them look satisfactory again. >< So CMO should fix all my woes. o/

Since this topic has already been necro'd... :)

Might as well donate something to the community.

I have spent some time mixing and adjusting textures to achieve a realistic look for SoS:

3763086-1406375646.jpg

3763086-1406598327.jpg

3763086-1406261415.jpg

3763086-1406743543.jpg

This was earlier this year, so i'll try to recap what i did:

• Use the face textures from better males
  • Keep the face normalmaps from vanilla to prevent the distinctive "fashion-magazine" look from better males / geonox (Hi-Res DLC already has perfectly non-blocky faces)
  • Adjust contrast and brightness for the specular maps (including SoS schlong) until they are no longer shiny
  • Possibly i also used one of the subsurface maps from "smooth male body" on Nexus
The character in the screenshot was made by stealing the face from one of the vanilla couriers (the guys delivering letters) via the FaceCopy spell from RaceMenu, then customizing it until it looked unique.

Now there still is a neck seam if you look close enough, but not as bad as with standard SoS or Better Males. The color tone is 100% identical at the seam, but the details at the better males neck are too different to look seamless.

If anyone is interested, i might share my customized textures. They are uncompressed, and the problem with pixellated standard SoS hairy textures remains. No idea about permissions though. Seems like i updated SoS in the meantime, so i'd have to recreate them.

Found the RaceMenu preset for this character, and gave another shot at CMO. Results:

54568-1-1418698752.jpg

54568-2-1418698614.jpg

54568-3-1418698615.jpg

54568-1-1418698614.jpg

54568-1-1418698471.jpg

Gotta admit that i'm extremely happy with the results. Normal character presets in RaceMenu look still very alien though.

These new pics use a drastically different ENB as well.

BTW - for some reason i can't upload .slot files so no sharing of the preset, for now.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using SOS body with Windsong face textures for my guy. I tired all of the textures listed here along with a few others, and kept coming back to this really awkward combination because it's just him. I had this very set vision of what I wanted him to look like and while mods like CMO are really great (I use CMO for my big burly warrior Harek) it didn't work for my main character. It took me a bit of tweaking, a torc and a good ENB to (mostly) get rid of the neck seam, but he looks exactly like I want him to.  :D

2014-12-28_00014_zps32f45322.jpg

I can't take credit for his freakishly beautiful face, either. haha. I'm no good with balancing features. :(  He's a tweaked version of Nord 3 from Better Male Presets with Dynamic Vampire Appearance on top of everything, doing some sexy vampire voodoo.   

Archived