View File

What Does This Mod Do?

This is a SexLab Framework voice slot mod that is pre-made solely for adding your own custom voice sets to the SexLab Framework. You won't hear anything but beeping sounds from this mod alone, you need to fill in the voice slots appropriately! After adding your custom .WAV files you’ll be able to hear your custom set without having to edit the default voice sets or through using other voice set mods.

Compatibility

This mod was made utilizing Framework 1.59

How Do I Add Custom Voice Set?

Very simple really, hopefully you already have nice batch of sounds to work with or spoken words!

First things first, download Audacity or any audio editing program that is quite decent, I use Adobe Audition myself. Tweak the sounds to your liking. You should also be concerned with how loud your sounds are, try editing the volume in your audio editor to your desired levels. Absolute must, save your .WAV files at 44100Hz Mono 16-Bit Uncompressed!

You will need to categorize and place the sounds in order to how they sound.

Go back to your batch of sounds you’ve made and create yourself a new folders on the desktop Labeled “Hot” “Medium” “Mild” you’re doing this to sort through which sounds will go into their respected folders. The folders are based on the intensity of the voice-sounds you have in your batch.

Once you’ve sorted out which sounds go in which appropriate folder it’s time to open the mod up.

Extract the mods “Data” folder to your desktop, navigate to /Data/Sound/fx/SexLab you’ll see the available voice slots e.g. “VoiceSlot 01 (Female)” open that folder and you’ll see three folders “Hot Sounds” “Medium Sounds” “Mild Sounds”. It’s the same structure as the “Hot” “Medium” “Mild” folders we made on the desktop, you guessed it, the sounds go into those folders!

Go back to your “Hot” “Medium” “Mild” folders on your desktop with your batch of sounds. Begin renaming .each .WAV file to match the numbers for each voice slot beeping .WAV file.

Maximum sounds allowed for each “Hot Sounds” “Medium Sounds” “Mild Sounds” folders is 15 sounds only

If you don’t have enough sounds to fill up the 15 beeping sounds delete them! You don’t want to end up hearing beeping .WAV files in-game!

Once you’re ready to have them implemented in-game you can compress the Data folder giving it a name and install it via mod manager for convenience. Or if you want do it manually it’s solely up to your discretion.

Changing Voice Slot Names

1. Make sure you have the latest SKSE version download here.
  2. Make sure you have the latest Sky UI SDK download here just place those scripts in your Skyrim script folder.
  3. Install the Creation Kit if you don’t already have it, tutorial here.

The rest of the guide will be a picture tutorial yaaaaaaay!

Sorry about the pixelated images, bad compression... I'll reupload them soon, they will be a bigger file size though.

Step_1.jpg

Open your Creation Kit and click "Gameplay".

Step_2.jpgNext click "Papyrus Script Manager"

Step_3.jpgHere you'll want to type "ssl" in the "Filter" search box.

Step_4.jpg

Navigate to the script "sslExtraVoicesFactory" and open it.

Step_5.jpgAs an example we are going to edit the name of "VoiceSlot 01 (Female)" same method applies to all voice slots in the script.

Step_7.jpgWhere you see the "VOICE NAME GOES HERE" highlighted with my mouse is where you name "VoiceSlot 01 (Female)" to its new name.

Leave (Female) there because unless you edit the sex in "Base.Gender = Female" to "Base.Gender = Male" the sounds will only work for a female.

This method applies to all of the voice slots in this script!

Step_8.jpgNext save the script and exit.

Step_9.jpgNext thing to do is compile the script! Right click the "sslExtraVoicesFactory" script and click "Compile" and you should see window pop up momentarily and say succeeded.

Step_10.jpgClose the Creation Kit, all done!

Don't forget to enable SexLab Extra Voices.esp

Remember to also reset the voices for the SexLab Framework!

Changelog

• Hopefully fixed female sounds not playing.
  • Added a total of 20 voice slots.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/27/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab Framework v1.59
  • Special Edition Compatible

This looks very promising! Only I don't have the patience to manually install each sound file. Would be cool though if so people would post their own sounds in a file to test it.

Q : Do you have to add both male and female sounds?

This looks very promising! Only I don't have the patience to manually install each sound file. Would be cool though if so people would post their own sounds in a file to test it.

Q : Do you have to add both male and female sounds?

If you hear beeping then it's working,  all you need to do is add the custom .wav sound files you have.

No each voice slot is independent, the voice slot labeled as "(Female)" is for you guessed it females.

As long as you don't target an NPC with a empty voice slot it should work. That's also including that you don't have them enabled for random selection on an empty voice slot. Just place your .wav files properly you should be ok.

• 4 weeks later...

Noob questions, it's been a long time since I sliced mp3 files to make ringtones but could be fun to give it a try:

Q1: How does the SL framework manage present/deleted slots in addition to the default sounds if I don't want to micromanage anything?  Does this mod just add x number of sounds present into the pool of default sounds that framework can choose from, which means I can just add any number of sounds at my leisure? 

Q2: Does the wav files must match the exact size of the reserved slots, i.e. 21,146 bytes?  What's that in duration?

I hope this is something that's upgrade proof or gets merged into the framework.  Nothing like slicing up a bunch wav files and can't use them once SL moves to a new version.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Noob questions, it's been a long time since I sliced mp3 files to make ringtones but could be fun to give it a try:

Q1: How does the SL framework manage present/deleted slots in addition to the default sounds if I don't want to micromanage anything?  Does this mod just add x number of sounds present into the pool of default sounds that framework can choose from, which means I can just add any number of sounds at my leisure? 

Q2: Does the wav files must match the exact size of the reserved slots, i.e. 21,146 bytes?  What's that in duration?

I hope this is something that's upgrade proof or gets merged into the framework.  Nothing like slicing up a bunch wav files and can't use them once SL moves to a new version.

Thanks

1. Yes

The .esp files contain placement information for the beeping sounds setup by me for easy replacement for you guys.

The framework registers the beeping sounds in their respective slots, you simply have to replace the beeping dummy sounds with your choice of .wav files.

2. No duration limit with voice sounds that I know of, sex sounds however have limit no more than 0.5 seconds.

2. No duration limit with voice sounds that I know of, sex sounds however have limit no more than 0.5 seconds.

Is 0.5 seconds the limit of this mod or SL?  I look into the default sound/fx files of SL and some of them are as long as 1.8 seconds.  Also, does bit rate matter?

I am not a sound engineer and I use VirtualDub to extra audio in wav files and I think you might want to add that the wav file must be in uncompressed form (no idea what that means but that's what VirtualDub and Audacity tell me).

Is 0.5 seconds the limit of this mod or SL?  I look into the default sound/fx files of SL and some of them are as long as 1.8 seconds.  Also, does bit rate matter?

I am not a sound engineer and I use VirtualDub to extra audio in wav files and I think you might want to add that the wav file must be in uncompressed form (no idea what that means but that's what VirtualDub and Audacity tell me).

.wav files are usually uncompressed, but I guess I should also mention that in case, thanks!

No the 0.5 is for SexLab sex sfx, the framework changes the variance based on the animation progression, solely to make it faster pace as the also the animations go faster usually.

I think that's how the framework does it, might be different now though dunno.

Hey, nice mod! 
just finished creating my first sexlab voice. I'll share it here. 

I also learned a few things, that makes creating the voices easier. so I'll share what I learned here too.  

tldr: read the bold parts ;)

for anyone doing this I recommend using audacity, just import the whole wav file. (convert your video or whatever to wav first), select all ctrl+a, then go to, Tracks > convert, stereo track to mono.
then select a region you want to extract, keep the regions about the same lenght. ( I used about 8 seconds for each region which is too long I think, i don't hear half the sounds in game. but maybe i should make the animation stages longer. I think i should recommend 4 seconds) when you have selected a region, press space to preview, if its good then press ctrl+b, this allows you to label the region, give the label the name of the wav file. so 001, 002, 003 etc. with 001 beginning of scene, progressing to orgasm, until you have enough stages for one type (eg. 7 soundclips for mild)
then go to file > export multiple,  then check split file based on labels. and name the files based on label/track name.
then just press export and ok ok ok ok. 
now open a new project in audacity. and drag all, the exported wavs into the project. (all should be on seperate tracks.  select all, (ctrl+a). and go to effects > normalize, and normalize max amplitude to -0.2 db. (this seem close to the original sexlab levels). the go to  file > export multiple,  then check split file based on tracks. and name the files based on label/track name. then export again into a folder you name, 'mild' or medium, or hot.. 

That's it, this should give you well balanced soundbytes, without the need for renaming and importing/exporting a whole bunch of files seperately, which is shitty work, nobody wants to do.

Enjoy!

VoiceSlot 01 (Female).zip

• 2 months later...

I have a couple of questions, hopefully you can help me out :)

1) Do i NEED to keep the other folders, if i'm not going to be using more than 1x Female set, and 1x Male set?

2) Is there a way to limit what actors can use the voice set by race..

Example:

I created a custom race for my custom followers, i want them to use a voice set, but i don't want any other characters in game to use it.
I mean.. it would be kind of awkward for a sex scene to be interrupted by the wi
erdness of a human female making tree ent noises.

EDIT: Just figured out how to manually set the voice per NPC within sexlabs.. thank goodness i don't have 400 followers, would be tedius setting them all individually :D

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have installed this mod in order to use MixedupJims' extra voices but it seems I have a issue with it.

The Random option for Voices no longer work. The player will always use the same voice, (one of the extras instaled, I think the first). When the player is in an animation with another female, they both use that voice.

Has this been reported and is there a fix for this.?

i'm having the same issue :(

Hi, I have installed this mod in order to use MixedupJims' extra voices but it seems I have a issue with it.

The Random option for Voices no longer work. The player will always use the same voice, (one of the extras instaled, I think the first). When the player is in an animation with another female, they both use that voice.

Has this been reported and is there a fix for this.?

don't sure why ,the femaie slot only works on slot 1

I add another voice to the slot 2,then chose female slot 2 in the sexlab voice menu,it still play slot 1's voice

then ,I chose female slot 5 ,it should play "Bee" yet still slot 1,don't know if same thing happy to the male slot.

Hmm if it worked previously then either the .esp dedicated to registering to 1.58 is at fault or the framework.  This just registers the voices into the framework API. I never use a random PC voice so I didn't really notice this issue. When Ashal releases 1.60 of the framework this mod will become obsolete so this problem won't exist soon. I tried to recreate the problem and it seems to be true... For now it must be done manually, just switch between which voice slot you want to use for the PC for now. I don't really have the time to mod right now and this mod is almost at the end of its usefulness.

Ok I misunderstood what 1.60 could possible offer, but no worries.

This is already possible, through the factory/ephemeral object system added a few updates ago. Animations/voices/expressions created through the factory functions such as "sslBaseVoice function NewVoiceObject(string ToBken, Form Owner)" and "sslBaseVoice function GetSetVoiceObject(string Token, string Callback, Form Owner)" Allow you to create an object without actually "registering" it, unlike registered or objects created through the other conventional means in SexLab for of adding new animations/voices/expressions, these objects are kept in a seperate list and not returned from normal search results, they have to be called manually by a mod from their assigned token. The purpose of this system as it exists today is to provide mods with a method of creating unique voices sets for actors or one off animations for specific scenarios.

Is this about having more slots available (especially for the animations) or is there more to it like providing automatic registration of these objects, making some of the separate mods that do this unnessary, making things more convient for the user? For example, if the user wants to add new voices they have to either replace the original voices, have a separate voice+ mod or use "Sexlab Extra Voices" to provide more of these slots. As this was my original understanding, but the second part of the quote makes me think otherwise.

The plan, as brainstormed above, is provide a new way of handling SexLab objects to bypass the current limitation of allowing no more than 125 registered animations/voices/expressions in somebodies game. A limitation the current extra animation packs are starting to bump up against.

As for automatic registrartion, I have no plans for making it "automatic" in the sense that they can just load a new animation pack mod and go. Ideally, in my opionion, such packs should require the user reset their respective registry inorder for the additional objects to register. Though this could be accomplished with current versions of SexLab if the author of such a pack wanted it to. They could simply add a line to actually call the registeration function during OnInit() or OnPlayerPlayerLoad(), rather than just registering for the SexLab event to automatically call it later, some additional minor care would be needed aswell to make sure SexLab is actually finished installing/updating before calling their registration function.

But if it's also about this, how is it actually accomplished with PapyrusUtil?

PapyrusUtil doesn't enter into any of this currently. With the minor exception that it's used to save any adjustments to positioning a user might make with the hotkeys or in the editor.

Though in a semi related note, my current plan for the next major update to SexLab is to cut PapyrusUtil out in as many places as I possibly can. Not that there is anything wrong with PapyrusUtil, but I want to transfer as much of SexLab's functionality to the SexLabUtil.dll SKSE plugin as I can and as makes sense. Partially because there is speed benefits to be gained and more complex data structures I can make use of by custom writing that plugin to work exactly as needed for SexLab's direct benefit, rather than limiting myself to PapyrusUtil's structure and interface. But also mainly because, fuck it, the SKSE plugin stuff is new an intresting to me, seeing what I can pull off with it compared to regular Papyrus/Creation Kit stuff is more fun.

• Use a global voiceslots.ini file where you write a reference to any voice slots you add + how many samples each of them have (in every category) and built a voice registry from this? Or require new voices to come with a voice.ini file and then have Sexlab to check for 99 vMaleMoanXX/vFemaleMoanXX folders if there exists such a file?
  • Automate this with batch file that does IF EXIST for vFemaleMoan09 ... 10 ... 11 to figure out how many voice slots there are and then IF EXIST for 001.wav, 002.wav etc. to get the number of samples in mild/medium/hot (and finally, write to file this data to some .ini and read it with PapyrusUtil and register)?
  • A more elegant solution?

I could scan the folders for wav files easy enough, but I know of no method to then properly play them in game or add/remove them from SoundDescriptor forms. There is currently no methods for adding/removing wav files from a SoundDescriptor, atleast not as far as I could find searching SKSE's source files. It's possible it's there and just hasn't been fully decompiled, I saw no hints of it though and my attempts at trying to learn how to further decompile the objects in SKSE has all ended in being more confused than when I started. So unless there is another method of playing sounds in-game that let a list of wav files be loaded at run time is known, I don't see this happening. Voices are most likely going to be forever restricticted to having to preload them into SoundDescriptor's.

Few ideas on improving voice functionality (made possible by removing limitations on slots) :

• In addition of gender-specific voices, there could also now be race-specific voices. This would make it possible for Khajit, Orcs and so on to have their own specific male and female voice (although I'm not sure how multiple choices could be handled without making it too complex, if needed/wanted). And I think more importantly, introducing creature voices (dogs/wolves, trolls...). For backwards compatibility, if no specific voice exists for a race/creature, then go with the normal male/female voice (or none for creature).

I've messed around with the idea of using the creatures existing combat sounds to provide voices for creatures, however I don't want to do any sort of implementation that requires duplicating or editing the wav files for these creature noises into a new SexLab/vDraugrMoan01/ folder for each and creature supported, this adds a lot, unnecessarily, to the overall download size for a relatively minor payoff not everybody who uses the framework will ever make use of.

There already exists voices and lip-synced topics for these creatures, I'm hoping to figure out a decent way of instead being able to pull and play these vanilla assets as they exists in the game currently. The few methods I've tried so far haven't been fully succesfully sadly.

• Add a 4th category for samples, "victim". As currently in the event of rape, "medium" samples are used which still basically are moans of pleasure. Quite different from screaming, sobbing or dialogue (pleading for mercy). For backwards compatibility, voice slots that haven't defined/lacks samples for victim, the default medium would of course be used.
  • If we have "victim", we could also have "offender". For laughing, grunting or dialogue where the victim is taunted.
  • Still running with the idea, same would work for consensual sex, with DOM/sub (or TOP/bottom) themed moans/dialogue. These would be used only during certain animations like intercourse as for foreplay (like kissing) the default mild samples would still be valid (or, new sound effects?). Regardless, this DOM/sub would be quite complex thing to add, and would most likely require (re?)introducing the tagging system to sslBaseVoice.

My problem with this is having to label it as "victim" or "offender" and specifically putting in cries for help, sobbing, and the like. SexLab's framework does not refer anything it plays as rape. Animations are "normal" or they are "aggressive". This is done very specifically on purpose. 1) Because rape is a deplorable act and I have zero intrests in providing a "rape framework" mod. 2) How the term "aggressive" is interpeted can be left up to the individual and applied by the mod author however they see fit. 3) I am very anti any spoken word in any of the default SexLab voicesets, spoken word gives a voice or personality that won't necessarily ever fit the NPC playing it.

I'm aware people aren't fans of the "medium" voice samples. I worked with the voice files I had. Quality voice recordings for this type of thing aren't easy to come by without resorting to copyright infringement.

• Dynamic voice delay, based on sample length. Because some voice slots contain long samples and some have only really short ones (also, the sample length isn't really uniform inside the same slot), you can end up with either too frequent (overlap) or infrequent (ackward silence) moans. The "seconds between" option could still be there to set your preferred intensity, instead of a tweak setting we NEED to have at the moment to fix the problem mentioned before. To figure out the individual sample length, it could be stated in milliseconds inside an .ini file or it could be built with a batch file (getFilesize) and calculated, all samples are 16bit/44.1khz/mono .wav anyways. A random amount of short delay could be nice to make timing less predictable?

The starting delay is set by the users settings, and its automatically reduced as an animation continues to play, how much so is up to that user setting. It won't allow the delay to get any shorter than 0.8 seconds between plays, which should cover most of the default SexLab wav files, with a few exepections. If you're getting frequent overlaps, the only thing I can really offer is to say that maybe I'll increase the mininum delay next version and that for now you can simply increase the voice delay in your settings one or two seconds to compensate.

So here's my ramble, so take it as such. This isn't what I expect to be added anytime soon, but more as a food for thought for the day when you might consider redesigning & rewriting voice functionality so it will be more future-proof for this kind of things. Or if someone wants to expand on it and make a separate voices/fx module.

Improvements to the voice system are coming. Not everything you and others want, and some improvements you might not know you want. With that said however, I'd warn to temper expectations. I consider the voice system as it is now plenty "serviciable" and a minor-ish enough feature to call that good enough. I'd consider adding creature voices a high-ish priority, but the voice system as a whole isn't a real major concern right now.

Hmm if it worked previously then either the .esp dedicated to registering to 1.58 is at fault or the framework.  This just registers the voices into the framework API. I never use a random PC voice so I didn't really notice this issue. When Ashal releases 1.60 of the framework this mod will become obsolete so this problem won't exist soon. I tried to recreate the problem and it seems to be true... For now it must be done manually, just switch between which voice slot you want to use for the PC for now. I don't really have the time to mod right now and this mod is almost at the end of its usefulness.

Can you give us an idea how SL1.6 will obsolete this mod and what will happen to voices we made for ourselves to use for this mod?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to get an update of this for sexlab 1.59c? because since 1.59c this is had stopped working for me alltogether.

... nevermind disregard. i reinstalled skyrim and all mods and now it works perfectly..... gdam skyrim is such a frustrating woman!

Edited by carlgc
  • 2 weeks later...