View File

Skyrim Bound is intended as an alternative start mod without the alternative start part. The mod makes it possible to start your game with a set of Devious Devices, and allows you to choose the worn items freely through the in-game menu.

So, start the game with your favourite alternative start mod (or vanilla if that's your thing), and afterwards fire up Skyrim Bound to push the difficulty up a notch.

Since the mod is activated through the menu, you can of course use it later in the game as well. The menu will however disable itself after one use.

Notes

Devious expansion is fully supported (including the new ebonite items), but it isn't required. As such, the items available to equip will change depending if it is installed or not.

Starting the game with "Surprise me" will ignore all other settings in the menu, making it a completely random experience.

Daedric plugs included here are also craftable once the Devious Devices book from Integration is read.

Requirements

Remember to also install any other mods required by these.

Credits

• Coopervane for original idea
  • Aelie for Daedric plugs & LADL
  • Mord Sif for name
  • naaitsab, Slorm and others I forgot for feedback & testing
  • Zadil & Min for Devious Devices

Changes

• Support for pony boots from DDx
  • Support for piercings from DDi
  • Added option to set the armbinder inescapable
  • Reusable on new games

• Support for DD - Integration 2.8.1
    • Included Leather Posture Collar

[*]Support for DD - Expansion 1.1.2

• Included white & red items
    • Couple of new presets

[*]Improvements to random bounty

• Randomly picks between same bounty for all holds (old system) and different bounty in each hold

• Initial release

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/26/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab, Devious Devices - Assets & Integration, SexLab Aroused, Zaz animation pack
  • Special Edition Compatible

If I wear a armbinder in the vanilla start, can Ralof or (whoever's name I forgot who led us to Imperial side) release me with that knife they had? XD

A simple idea, but if it lacks some special plot it kinda hurts immersion. Good work anyway :D

If I wear a armbinder in the vanilla start, can Ralof or (whoever's name I forgot who led us to Imperial side) release me with that knife they had? XD

A simple idea, but if it lacks some special plot it kinda hurts immersion. Good work anyway :D

You probably shoulden't apply it untill after you're inside Helgen-keep and Ralof/Hadvar has released you. That's the moment in the vanilla start that the game actually, well, starts.

The same is true of any start from LAL, Skyrim-Unbound and Random-Start, you should probably not begin Skyrim-Bound untill the player is spawned in the world proper and in control.

Before then, whatever start you go with, the player hasen't been properly initialized, most of the starts have various scripts and conditions that are applying untill the player is spawned in the world proper, and trying to apply SB ontop of that.. i don't know if that could break something, but it is possible that it might.

Nice idea. But I would also like it more without the limitation in usages. I would rather use it as a survival mod, going to somewhere I like and then activate the bondage, without the trouble of gathering materials and crafting the gear. If I survive then I can up the risks and try again :shy:

As it is now I might aswel console the items and use them. It would save me a loaded mod and some resources. It's such a waste of the effort put into the mod imo.

I like the idea that the menu goes away after use, but I could see something potentially going wrong (this is papyrus were talking about) and having the option to go back and try again can be helpful. My recommendation, if you choose to go this route, would be to replace the window with a check box that says check here to try again to re-enable the window.

Again, I am in favor of disabling the window after it's used, but scripts go horribly wrong sometimes.

I like the idea that the menu goes away after use, but I could see something potentially going wrong (this is papyrus were talking about) and having the option to go back and try again can be helpful. My recommendation, if you choose to go this route, would be to replace the window with a check box that says check here to try again to re-enable the window.

Again, I am in favor of disabling the window after it's used, but scripts go horribly wrong sometimes.

Easy fix, set up the devices you want in SB and save your game first, then start the mod. If something goes wrong you can just reload.

I had a couple of ideas pop into my head whilst looking at your mod.

perhaps have a bondage pose options. where you start out hogtied, or on a device, and you have to escape from that also.

and in the same van. perhaps give the option to start in a cage in a bandits lair?

The mod isn't appearing in mcm for me 

Save & load your game. Do "setstage SKI_ConfigmanagerInstance 1" in console and wait a couple of minutes. Finally if all else fails, post your papyrus log here.

I had a couple of ideas pop into my head whilst looking at your mod.

perhaps have a bondage pose options. where you start out hogtied, or on a device, and you have to escape from that also.

and in the same van. perhaps give the option to start in a cage in a bandits lair?

Can't speak for Srende, but I'm pretty sure these ideas are a bit out of scope for this mod.

Being tied up on devices would require developing a system for escaping them, which would be time-consuming at least.

Starting the game in a bandit lair as a caged captive would require creating a new alternate start scenario altogether, something this mod doesn't touch at all.

Can't speak for Srende, but I'm pretty sure these ideas are a bit out of scope for this mod.

Being tied up on devices would require developing a system for escaping them, which would be time-consuming at least.

Starting the game in a bandit lair as a caged captive would require creating a new alternate start scenario altogether, something this mod doesn't touch at all.

Pretty much yeah. Like I said in the description, the idea is that you can use any alternate start mod you want, and activate this afterwards.

LADL kinda does it, but it requires pretty much a complete rewrite each time LAL is updated, and so is now a version or two behind LAL due to time constraints. Separating the alternate start part from the equipping was to avoid exactly that.

Pretty much yeah. Like I said in the description, the idea is that you can use any alternate start mod you want, and activate this afterwards.

LADL kinda does it, but it requires pretty much a complete rewrite each time LAL is updated, and so is now a version or two behind LAL due to time constraints. Separating the alternate start part from the equipping was to avoid exactly that.

For what it's worth, I think it's a really clever approach.

The "Bounty" truly changes the dynamics of Skyrim, especially at the beginning in predicament!

Yes it does make for an interesting start. I've got is set at 500 at the moment, but I'll try it at a higher level so that Prison Overhaul bounty hunters start as well

Yes it does make for an interesting start. I've got is set at 500 at the moment, but I'll try it at a higher level so that Prison Overhaul bounty hunters start as well

If you set it to below 900, it isn't considered "violent" bounty, and guards aren't aggressive, only doing that "wait, I know you... " bit. That seemed a nice threshold for it as 1000 is the default bounty for murder.