Bloody hell the bounty random roll is steep! I've got over 10K stacked up in every hold. Not sure what my new character did, but this was to be an immersive play through with no console and having to eat etc. I'll be living in the bushes and selling loot to the travelling merchants provided by immersive patrols for quite some time. Prison overhaul is looking a lot scarier...

So yes a great first test, despite my shocked tone, that is in fact praise above-  worked great with Life Another life, it even reminded me not to set up anything until I'm in world. Overlaid with it perfectly.

One question- What are daedric plugs? I couldn't resist clicking them, if only because they look so good in black and white. "Life will be hell" didn't deter me as every frustration plug says that. They seem to buzz when ever your just getting into combat or crafting, were they set up to buzz on PC committing to any activity? I'm curious as to just what I've locked on my character.

Its a good thing prison overhaul is locked at 10 days I'll need over 100K to travel freely.

Bloody hell the bounty random roll is steep! I've got over 10K stacked up in every hold. Not sure what my new character did, but this was to be an immersive play through with no console and having to eat etc. I'll be living in the bushes and selling loot to the travelling merchants provided by immersive patrols for quite some time. Prison overhaul is looking a lot scarier...

So yes a great first test, despite my shocked tone, that is in fact praise above- worked great with Life Another life, it even reminded me not to set up anything until I'm in world. Overlaid with it perfectly.

One question- What are daedric plugs? I couldn't resist clicking them, if only because they look so good in black and white. "Life will be hell" didn't deter me as every frustration plug says that. They seem to buzz when ever your just getting into combat or crafting, were they set up to buzz on PC committing to any activity? I'm curious as to just what I've locked on my character.

Its a good thing prison overhaul is locked at 10 days I'll need over 100K to travel freely.

:D

The daedric plugs are "just" normal soulgem ones with max vibration strength and high chance of triggering periodically.

No, nothing happened, no guard recognizes me, and i tried 3 different holds.

Only in Riften i had left my 30k bounty which i had before through some dark brotherhood murder missions.

Ticking random bounty has 25% chance of 0 bounty. Fully random would almost never land at 0, and there isn't much of a difference between 1k and 10k bounty gameplay wise.

one play - over 7500 in each hold, the next - 0.  My next play I'll set it myself for each hold...maybe.

Oh, and thanks for this great alternative to LADL which seems to be having a Chernobyl moment.

Ok, I know I scored double 1's on the bounty thing but it might be there too steep in hindsight. Assuming most here are using Prison Overhaul, while a great mod, it has to inherit Skyrim guard default behaviour, which lets face it isn't ideal for our purposes. To Whit: Bounties of 10K plus, cancel out any chance you have to surrender. the guards are in "Ape shit mode" as I've heard it aptly called. In order to have them chill out enough to clear the bounty, be it cold hard cash or cold hard shackles you have to do what amounts to meta gaming- getting seen by a holds guards and then running away for a few days. And with Skyrim being Skyrim that's not exactly guaranteed either. I might be a special case given the mod gave me over a hundred K bounty from day one but would it be better to find out the "Can still be arrested" threshold for bounty and have the bounty rolls maximum point there?

What's the point of using random bounties if you're using xaz Prison Overhaul?  Except for the 10K+ bounty behavior that you cite, you get the same jailing and punishment with PO no matter what the bounty is.  In my current game I just set the bounty at 1400 in all holds.

That was one part of LAL and LADL that I didn't really like, having a bounty from day one. All my characters took pride in their high lifetime bounty without ever spending a single day in gaol or paying a single septem.

On the other hand, I always had a really high murder count. ;)

There was something else. Is the time skip intentional when applying the DD items?

What's the point of using random bounties if you're using xaz Prison Overhaul?  Except for the 10K+ bounty behavior that you cite, you get the same jailing and punishment with PO no matter what the bounty is.  In my current game I just set the bounty at 1400 in all holds.

The point never was punishments, which are activate/deactivate again with MCM anyway should one have a favourite. The point is frequent risk of arrest vs getting killed everywhere. A few random bounties upon ones head colour the early game, you have to work out which roads you can risk, if you have a hope in hell of making that delivery to Markarth with out getting spotted, ect ect. You can manual set up what bounties and where with console as you have done.  But if I'm trying a new mod and it does have a bounty button its only fair to test it. This is someone's work after all, and filling and important niche with LADL dead. The question is what does author wish the result to be? People getting frequently arrested because they say... forgot Rorikstead is part of Whiterun jurisdiction and didn't plan ahead- or frequent messy deaths and or retreats and hoping countdown to sanity works in the guards AI?

Which ever is intended is what will happen. Author might have intended an unlucky bounty roll to mean kill on sight, but on the chance they didn't its very fair to mention that that's the result.

The point never was punishments, which are activate/deactivate again with MCM anyway should one have a favourite. The point is frequent risk of arrest vs getting killed everywhere. A few random bounties upon ones head colour the early game, you have to work out which roads you can risk, if you have a hope in hell of making that delivery to Markarth with out getting spotted, ect ect. You can manual set up what bounties and where with console as you have done.  But if I'm trying a new mod and it does have a bounty button its only fair to test it. This is someone's work after all, and filling and important niche with LADL dead. The question is what does author wish the result to be? People getting frequently arrested because they say... forgot Rorikstead is part of Whiterun jurisdiction and didn't plan ahead- or frequent messy deaths and or retreats and hoping countdown to sanity works in the guards AI?

Which ever is intended is what will happen. Author might have intended an unlucky bounty roll to mean kill on sight, but on the chance they didn't its very fair to mention that that's the result.

Fair point!

• 2 weeks later...

So the chastity belt quest bugged out on me. Somehow it got detached briefly and the game thought I unlocked it. Yet it re-attached but is now not giving me the menu to try and break free from it. Anyone know how to fix it this?

Look for the item id of the belt through the console, then equip it with equipitem.

Edit, tiredness + autocorrect isn't a good combination :P

So the chastity belt quest bugged out on me. Somehow it got detached briefly and the game thought I unlocked it. Yet it re-attached but is now not giving me the menu to try and break free from it. Anyone know how to fix it this?

Look for the item id of the belt through the console, then equip out work equipitem.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to request a toggle for removing items and maybe as an optional to be provided with a rough tunic instead. I know you could drop all your items beforehand and such but thought it would be nice to have the option built in.

Besides that, great mod. Used it a couple of times already for different characters.

How do I remove the devices? Was armbind, gagged and belted. I was about to escape armbind through "struggle" and "remove". But the only options I have for gag and belt are to use lockpick, brute force or magic, something my low level characters can't do. What do I do now? Is there a character who would help me, or is there still a chance I can escape even with my low level/skill?

How do I remove the devices? Was armbind, gagged and belted. I was about to escape armbind through "struggle" and "remove". But the only options I have for gag and belt are to use lockpick, brute force or magic, something my low level characters can't do. What do I do now? Is there a character who would help me, or is there still a chance I can escape even with my low level/skill?

I think the chance for escape from the items depends on your settings in DD: Interactions.  If you left it on the default settings, you have next to no chance for escape at low level by yourself.  If you have some of the other DD mods such as For the Masses, you can kill NPCs until you get a key.

If you have only this and DD - integration installed, the only option is to craft a key yourself. Other mods can make the escape easier though, for the masses can add key drops and dd restrained can make NPCs to help you for example.

I think the chance for escape from the items depends on your settings in DD: Interactions. If you left it on the default settings, you have next to no chance for escape at low level by yourself. If you have some of the other DD mods such as For the Masses, you can kill NPCs until you get a key.

Integration*

So I did what you told me to, still no luck. Papyrus simply isn't making logs. The earliest one there is from three months ago. And after a long while of waiting, the mod still does not show up.

Is logging enabled in your skyrim.ini?

So I did what you told me to, still no luck. Papyrus simply isn't making logs. The earliest one there is from three months ago. And after a long while of waiting, the mod still does not show up.

Is logging enabled in your skyrim.ini?

I am sorry to sneak in, but I didn't see this mentioned.

Are you using Mod Organizer and did you enable logging from skyrim.ini related to your playing profile?

Papyrus logs did not appear for me, before I activated them from my pofiles.

• 2 weeks later...