Bittercup Companion TTW

I play with Brisa too. She so far attacks....

• Bittercup
  • Fawkes
  • Butch
  • RL-3
  • Willow
  • Dogmeat
  • That poor idiot from Little Lamplight. The annoying guy. Except in that case I was grateful to her. :shy:

I don't even know where to start to "fix" Bittercup's interaction with Brisa. I can't even figure out why Brisa likes attacking other companions. Doesn't like competition? Jealousy? Who knows? :lol: :lol:

Keyser is right, Brisa adds and removes herself from factions on load and apparently keeps forgetting to add herself to player faction. I like Brisa but I'm about to keep her at home as a concubine if she keeps this up. So far she only ever shoots Bittercup, she hasn't had a problem with anyone else.

I'm looking through her scripts.  Apparently every time the player is in combat all her factions get removed and then re-added. I'm guessing sometime in here is where she starts getting pissy with other companions.

I'll see if I can make a patch for this idiocy.

Well, here's RickerHKs solution, when someone was having trouble with the Amata follower:

Actually it's the other way around. You should remove Amata from the player faction. It looks like if you get her during the escape she will still be in the playerfaction. If you get her during MS16, she won't be. Being in the Teammatefaction is enough.

Normally it's not a problem to have NPCs in the playerfaction. It's just when followers are in it, you will have intermittent bugs where they aggro if you loot a container with the playerfaction as the owner - as one example. If you look at the vanilla followers, none of them are in the player faction. It's okay to put them back in that faction if you fire them.

Well, here's RickerHKs solution, when someone was having trouble with the Amata follower:

Actually it's the other way around. You should remove Amata from the player faction. It looks like if you get her during the escape she will still be in the playerfaction. If you get her during MS16, she won't be. Being in the Teammatefaction is enough.

Normally it's not a problem to have NPCs in the playerfaction. It's just when followers are in it, you will have intermittent bugs where they aggro if you loot a container with the playerfaction as the owner - as one example. If you look at the vanilla followers, none of them are in the player faction. It's okay to put them back in that faction if you fire them.

Which is bullshit because she even attacks companions that aren't in the player faction, like Butch and RL-3.

Now I'll stop derailing Nessa's thread.  Here is a totally untested patch that should HOPEFULLY stop Brisa from being a bitch to everyone.  Basically, Ricer constantly clears out her factions and re-adds them.  I just changed the scripts that remove the factions.

What's telling is one of his removals and re-adds is when the player enters combat, and that's always when Brisa has began attacking other companions around me.

Ultimately, her issue isn't not being in the player faction, it's that she is and hates everyone who isn't.

brisapatch.esp

So no-one else has faced the bug with brisa where she refuses to fire her weapons?

Even when it's set in her options and she has plenty of ammo. (like fucking LOADS of different ammo, of every conceivable type from junk to SWC)

I was kinda gutted when I ditched Brisa, but the weapons bugging out rendered her basically useless.

Yeah, did that. Works for a while or until you change her weapon. Then she bugs out again.

I did give her a good try, persevered with the bugs for quite a while (months) because I liked the dlc integration aspect and the fact she was made by the wendy gilbert author (one of my favourites) but not worth it in the end.

Oh, forgot to mention. Yeah I have Brisa's weapon bug occasionally too. She'll seemingly randomly forget to use her gun and just stand there. Or she uses her police baton. Or something else. At no point did I ever tell her to stop using her plasma pistol either. :lol: :lol: Really I'm just keeping her around to see how the DLC handling goes with both her and Bittercup together. After that I'll likely be ditching her. ;)

You know, it's odd. But I much prefer Wendy for some reason. She didn't say much and had no DLC handling at all but for whatever reason I preferred her. :D

And back to Bittercup, has anyone traveled with her to Point Lookout recently? I think I may need some handling for the crazy intro sequence. (Where the player is actually wearing a boat helmet! :lol: :lol:)

Brisa is MIA during the opening, and waiting on the dock as you leave the boat. The way it's handled implies she was elsewhere on the boat watching as you came in, then she meets you at the ramp. I think a funny way to do it, if possible, would be to have Bittercup flirting with Tobar when you first get on the boat in the Capital Wasteland. Once you get to PL, after the cinematic ends and you head toward the ramp she's standing next to Tobar flirting some more or just staring at him.