Bittercup Companion TTW

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it seems there could be some issues with Zeta and the spacewalk. And to my knowledge nobody has gone through OWB yet either.

I've got the preliminary work done for Dead Money and the infamous Pitt. Though... I'm loathed to play through either of those DLCs as they...  well let's just say I hate going through them! :lol:

Oh yeah, and I think I may have fixed the crazy Point Lookout thing. Need to test it a bit more though and see if I can break it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got TTW installed and working, and I can now actually use this mod.  Two issues I've noticed: in Bittercup's dialogue, she has two instances of "Let's Trade Equipment".  Dunno if that's an issue with this mod or JIP Companion Command and Control.  Also, I'm not getting voiced dialogue.  You said you had the original mod's assets in and had to rename them to work, but if so, it's not working on my install.  No idea why.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I just loaded up Bittercup, along with the Mojave Delight prereq (minus the esp), and her dress is flaking out. When I get to bigtown there are graphical fragments (tearout?) all over the place and bittercup is at the center. Her nakedness can occasionally be seen underneath the tearout. If i recruit her, then give her a different outfit, the tearout goes away and she looks normal. Any idea why this would happen?

After swimming with her it looks like it's the breasts that are making the tearout happen. It does it on the bikini as well.

Setting her essential worked, but when I used the 'give unlimited pistol' option it didnt give her a weapon and she is still using up ammo if I give her a gun. Any way around that one as well?

I'm using v1.87b w/ TTW 2.9.4

Mohave Delight is v1 as linked in the install requirements, installed without the esp.

I do not use the Type N body replacer, so perhaps a resource from that is missing for her clothes?

I do not have any other body mods loaded.

Thanks,

Vaul

Edited by Vaulimere

@RDKateran

Now that is odd. I'm going to do a new install of FONV soon and I'll see if I run into any of that kind of wonkiness. Sound files can sometimes be troublesome.

@Everybody

Things are pretty messy for me with RL stuff at the moment. I don't know how long it's going to be till I can get back to this. (Worst case scenario is this winter. :s ) I'm trying to get a laptop going so I can mod on the go but am currently wrestling with even being able to use bloody Win8. (I've at least got that vile Metro destroyed and never EVER coming back! SO that's something! :lol:) ANYWAY, updates may take a bit.

In the meantime, if anybody wants to help out, check out OWB and see if that is working at all. :lol: I'll still be checking in here of course. ;)

You don't have a bouncing skeleton installed.

@Loogie,

Assuming you're responding to me; the install requirements and mod description don't say anything about needing to install a different skeleton/mod as a dependency. Is "The Skeleton by Deedes" the right one? (it won't let me post the link yet)

Thanks,

Vaul

@ Vaul

Come to think of it, a skeleton replacer probably is required. I think it's just a case of everybody using one so often I just forgot to include that in the requirements. You would just need a skeleton with proper bones in them. Anything used by the various Type3 bodies (or TypeN of course) will work fine. You don't actually need "bouncy" anims or anything.

I need to go over the dialog options again to ensure things are working. The unlimited ammo option is on the bug list. :s 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest endgameaddiction

I doubt it will be possible because Bittercup is a Fallout 3 NPC that was made a companion through a mod. She isn't a follower in any form from the original game. That and it's a no no to use Fallout 3 assets in New Vegas and vice versa. What I mean by this is that her voice files can not be included in a New Vegas mod. TTW is really the only way to have Bittercup as her as much as possible.

• 2 months later...

Reports of my non-existence have been exaggerated. laugh.png

OK, so... made a new outfit for Bittercup's Pitt escapade. And I have an outline for how I'm going to handle it. Should hopefully be pretty compatible friendly. (I'll be using some scripting trickery to make that happen so it will need some testing.)

Has anybody had a chance to get through the Old World Blues with her yet? I've still yet to test that! biggrin.png

@Nurblets

Shouldn't be any trouble there. I don't mess with animations at all in this mod. ...  At least, I think I don't. (It's been awhile!)

@sigmaceti

I -could- but it means bundling the voice files from FO3 for use in FONV. (Which probably nobody here is going to care but... ugh. And then there's always the ONE person who will whine about it and then it's nothing but work, work, work! laugh.png) Plus where is Bittercup located in the Mojave? Why is she there? It just makes sense for her to be where she is already in FO3.

I was thinking.... WWBD? What Would Bittercup Do? :lol: :lol: :lol:

She'd grab whatever junk she could find, and die it with whatever she could find. So I'll make a new outfit with that in mind. :lol: This last one was just too.... mix and match-ish. She needs -custom- stuff!

EDIT: and while I'm at it, I don't think she'd go for the all-white pristine look for Dead Money either. THAT needs a new texture! :D

Just a quick comment...

EDIT: Blah blah blah.... wink.png

OK! Leave it to Bittercup to find a pair of old ... well she is a scavenger after all:

post-99-0-16424400-1464988368_thumb.jpg

Kept her necklace. I figure she'd throw a tantrum so annoying even the raiders would relent. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png Also, she has that necklace in all of her outfits. Maybe it's special? Hmm... biggrin.png

Annnd.. tweaked the Dead Money texture a little.

Original on left, new on right:

post-99-0-04404000-1464989810_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-70090600-1464989821_thumb.jpg

Still white-ish but like she drug it around in the dirt a bit first.

Now I'm sorry I'm out of DLC outfits to make... laugh.png

EDIT: And then... I thought some more.... A radical idea for Dead Money, let me throw it together first. laugh.png

Given all the ruins, plus I'm sure Bittercup would wake up before the dorky player.... she might have scrounged around a bit.

post-99-0-90212100-1464995928_thumb.jpg

Perhaps she found a closet somewhere with a mostly intact dress? laugh.png  Anyway, beats a stupid jumpsuit.

She could use a custom one for Point Lookout, that's for sure. That way she doesn't miraculously have an exactly matching tribal outfit the same as the player's after they both trip out on...  that spore pod... thing.

I think I can put a line or two of dialog about the Dead Money dress as well. Perhaps the player can just ask where she got the dress or something.